Shinobi Quest #25

Shinobi Quest #25

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and the team were attacked by strange wooden men deep within the ruins, prompting the them to flee as fast as possible. While fleeing, the team came across a strange lump, which upon further inspection, was hollow. After alerting it’s occupant, Kurotsuchi, about the coming horde, the shinobi and Dr. Lemeza continued to flee as fast as possible through unfamiliar terrain, unfortunately slowed down by Lemeza, who was adamant about carrying some box with him from the ruin’s depths.

After cutting a bridge as a last ditch attempt to slow the creatures down, the group of six reached the outside, Tsuki never being more grateful to be in the sweltering desert heat.

Unfortunately the victory was short lived, with the Akatsuki members Kisame Hoshigaki and the man presumed to be Shisui Uchiha emerging from the ruins via some odd technique of Kisame’s.

Though Tsuki had been successful in convincing Itachi not to engage with the rogue Shinobi before, the conflict was beginning to look unavailable….

Shisui speaks.

“Hello again, Itachi. I’m upset you didn’t come see me, but, considering the circumstances, I’ll forgive you. This world certainly does like to bring us together, doesn’t it? You’re still loyal to the Leaf, as I figured you would be.”

“Shisui. I don’t know why you’re here, but you don’t need to involve any of them.” Itachi spits back at the robed man.

“I didn’t know you thought so little of me, Itachi. Attacking women and children? I’d truly become what the Leaf thinks of us, then, wouldn’t I? Hah!” Shisui leers back at your sensei.

“We’re here on business, nothing more. Although….” the robed man continues, pulling back his hood.

Uchiha hair and face, same color of eye- except for one. His right eye, which contained a sharingan of an odd shape- and it was active, while his other one was not. A wicked scar covered that same eye.

“My dear cousin, the people of Konoha consider us monsters. Look what they did to me! I served them faithfully, but yet in the end, I was pawn to be thrown aside!”

“Until you see this truth, you will be nothing but a pawn as well. I had hoped growing older would have opened your eyes- but it seems you have retained your ideals….."

"...Maybe I should teach you another lesson? It will be just like old times, Itachi. I’d like to see how much you’ve learned….."

Yes! time for Ohohoho~!

The tension between the two men is palpable, but neither of them has moved. Shisui’s cohort, Kisame, has not drawn his weapon; he seems content to stand with his arms crossed behind him.

He’s not going to interfere?

The fishy Akatsuki member catches you looking at him-

“Don’t worry, Konoha brat. If I wanted you dead, you’d be dead already. You and all your little friends. Hahahaha! Though I’m sure at least one of you might sate Samehada….” he says, his sharp teeth producing a menacing grin.

“Kisame.” Shisui says, his gaze towards Itachi unbroken.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll just go bake in the sun. I hate it here, Shisui.” he complains.

His vision turns back to you again, and his toothy smile returns.

“You don’t know just how lucky you are.”

You believe him. For the time being it seems he won’t be involved….

But that leaves Shisui. Dare you try to interfere in this clan feud?

You…

1. Don’t interfere. These men won’t be swayed by words.
2. Try to appeal to Itachi once more.
3. Try to appeal to Shisui. Surely this can wait?
4. Try something else. (What?)

>Write-in

>1. Don’t interfere. These men won’t be swayed by words.

>2. Try to appeal to Itachi once more.

>4. Nope. I'm not losing another sensei to self-righteous stupidity, whether his own or an enemy's. A pleasure, Shisui, Kisame, but we'll be going now.

>>Write-in
Secure our surroundings aside from the current antagonist, check in on our Doctor. Is he ok after getting out of the ruins?

Seconding

Looks like we aren't interfering.

Writing.

>No, Tsuki, I have to fight him.

>Oh? And what's so important about fighting him?

>We were friends once...and now he's...like this. If I can put him to res-

>Nope.

>But Tsuki-

>No. That's stupid. You're being stupid. Stop being stupid sensei. You have three genin and you've only been available as our jonin trainer for half that time. We're not losing another sensei like this. We're leaving, and that's final.

>Bu-

>THAT'S FINAL!

>Shisui just makes the whipping noise at Itachi the whole time

>Kisame is just laughing.

And Akatsuki gets a recording of that spread around the ninja world.

Itachi gets the highest killcount ever, people keep laughing when they recognize him.

We save the sensei only for him to commit sudoku from the embarrassment

>Akatuski brings us in as a hard counter for Itachi

Create a Clone and send it scouting around for a way home/back to a safe zone

Do decide not to try talking them down. You were able to talk sensei down before…. But this is different. You doubt Shisui would listen to you, anyway.

Your eyes dart around to your surroundings- best to be aware of what’s around you if this is going to happen.

First, Lemeza. The client is the priority, after all. You spy him standing towards the back of the group, clutching the box he brought with him. His coat is ragged and bloody, both from the wooden men’s attacks, and the effect of Nori using her chains to catch him earlier; he’s also missing his hat. He seems entirely focused on the fight about to unfold, and you don’t blame him- though he does seem a bit jittery. Adrenaline? Fear? You can’t blame him- two powerful shinobi are about to square off, and he’s just a civilian.

Nori is on guard nearby, her chakra chains wrapped around her forearms. Her loose fitting clothes are mostly intact- looks like she was able to avoid most of the wooden men’s attacks. She’s squinting in the sunlight, her mask tied off around her waist.

Hinata is half the distance between Nori and yourself; her Byakugan active. Or are they still active from your escape from the ruins? She has to be exhausting herself using them for such a prolonged period of time….

Kurotsuchi, meanwhile, is atop a nearby dune. She’s observing, but you can she’ll be ready to flee in a moment’s notice. This isn’t her fight, and her client is dead or worse. No doubt the mission has already far surpassed her expectations.

Your eyes flick back to Itachi-sensei. He hasn’t moved- and neither has Shisui. The Akatsuki member is staring straight at Itachi- in fact, it doesn’t appear he’s broken his gaze. Is it some sort of Genjutsu? You’re beginning to worry….

1. It has to be a genjutsu! Try to help Itachi escape!
2. It may be a Genjutsu, but you don’t have sharingan- there’s nothing you can do.
3. Surely if it was Genjutsu, Shusui would’ve taken advantage by now?

>3. Surely if it was Genjutsu, Shusui would’ve taken advantage by now?

1. It has to be a genjutsu! Try to help Itachi escape!
Apply senbon to arm.

eh walking into an ongoing genjutsu battle is a bad idea.

We might be a tad outclassed here.

Make sure that we have no genjitsu on us or Nori, Hinata first.

I'm one of or Adding >Make sure that we have no genjitsu on us or Nori, Hinata first.

to my vote.

Avoiding genjutsu battle while checking yourself.

Writing.

Tell the others to get Lemeza to safety.

So if we end up passing the Chunni exams we should ask Minato for two or three months off active duty so we can train. We can tell him that we want to make sure were strong enough before we go out on missions since were a huge target with our families money and our release

That implies we show people our release, Which we won't bloody do.

We will if we fight Gaara.

We said we were saving it for the exams

We are probably going to be using it at the exams.

I just hope it doesnt kill someone.

We should have better control by then. We also have that nice buff that increases all our parameters we can use.

I'd be fine iwth killing someone if it's an "us or them" type situation and it's in the Forest of Death.

Other than that, I'd rather not kill someone.

Are we going to try to bribe people in the exams?

Nah

Fuck no

Yes but we need to do it in front of the judges

Follow me on this one, if we do it infront of them it shows that we know how to use our skills to our advantage. If we do it backstage then its just being dishonest

No, End of story.

No that user, but I say only to get Nori to pass the written portion of the exam.

Pay a guy, or Ino, to get answers.

Then that's it. The rest will be passed with skill.

We're a ninja you fucking idiot.

We're really just sitting back and letting this guy do whatever he wants to Itachi's head?

What do you suggest we do?

user, Tsuki is a business woman and a ninja. Dishonesty is a required skill.

We... actually do it where they don't see it or we get through out because we got caught cheating. Cheating is allowed if they don't see it.

I can't tell who is winning. We might inadvertently fuck up Itachi if we interfere.

Maybe letting people see it once can work to our advantage, same way Team Guy sandbagged a little in the exams letting people bully them.

You aren’t entire convinced it’s Genjutsu, but you quickly prick a finger with a kunai to check-

The pain and the little bead of blood confirm it; no genjutsu. Internally, you sigh with relief.

Something does seem to be going on between the two Uchiha, though- Itachi has dropped to one knee, and is breathing heavily. What exactly just happened? Neither of the men moved….

Shisui is smiling.

“Now, do you understand? We’re all cursed, Itachi! Our destiny writ in blood! No matter how hard we-”

Itachi vanishes. What?

Half a heartbeat later, Shisui is gone as well.

You can hear them, though- and the sand shifting gives it away. They are simply so fast that your eyes cannot follow them; you believe this technique is called the Body Flicker, if you’re remembering it correctly.

Maybe if you had Hinata’s eyes…. But you don’t. All you can do is follow the brief afterimages….

As you strain your eyes, however, something else gains your attention- the ground. It’s shaking. Every so slightly, but it’s there. What could that possibly mean?

1. Assume the worst, and alert the party.
2. Make a clone, and take Lemeza to safety.
3. You’re probably just tired; you need to stay to support Itachi.

>1. Assume the worst, and alert the party.
Sensei time to go! NOW!

>2. Make a clone, and take Lemeza to safety.

Tell everybody, though. Kisame, our friends, etc.

It could be those plant people getting close, and I don't think anyone wants that

Mission comes first

I don't know.. but I don't like this.

Is the dune worm that Tsuki was so worried about finally happening?

SANDWORM!!!

Wait what did Lemeza grab!?

There's a ninja underground.

>4. Yell out, "SANDWORM!"

Yea, but not for ourselves but to get Nori to pass as well. CAPITALISM OHOHO

Seconding

1. Assume the worst, and alert the party.

But rather take Lemeza yourself and have the clone stay to observe.

If Tsuki does do that, should she not tell her teammates?
This will make great practice on our future under the table deals.

He's had a box tightly in his grasp since the first confrontation with the woodmen. He seems unwilling to leave it behind.

We just need to find a way to cheat the info to nori.

In any case, chances are that Wargle might just come up with something new instead.

Cpould we yell at Lemeza to give it back so we don't all die?

We'll see if the Thing just keeps veering for him.

Then we yell at him.

Lets see if what's in the sand is only going after Lem before telling our employer to get rid of his prize.

Why?

It's just a box. We don't know if it's connected.

Mysterious ruins full of weird shit and he took something out. Stands to reason that some guardian might want it back.

Also, assuming the worst.

Writing.

Holy crap I'm late.

What did Kevin Spacey do this time?

Sure, we can hold it over her head.
And I think that would be a lot easier to pass on the knowledge if we could use some genjutsu or had a summoning contract by then. Or we could just create something, like a image sender. Take a picture of our completed test and send it to her. Though we wouldn't need to bribe anyone then.

>Its the head of our stuffed bunny rabbit

Art of blushing Tsuki clutching a bunny plush with Kaguya horns to her chest when?

Ew

What was Tsuki's stuffed animal growing up Wargle?

You say that like she didn't have all the stuffed animals.

But she must of had one that she cared about the most

and a little stuffed zoo keeper to look after them

And I bet it wasn't a bunny if you're implying that.

Stuffed itachi

>Tsuki is moon in Japanese
>Rabbits are connected to the moon in Japanese folklore

I wasn't I'm guessing a teddy bear

Holy fuck, I didn't know I was in /qst/

But then the others would get jealous. And the tea party's would start getting awkward.

>implying genius engineering dad didn't just give us a shitton of legos and puzzles

“Everyone! There’s something below us! The is ground is shaking!” you yell out to everyone present.

“Princess, I was just joking about the Sandworms, ok? Now really is not the time-” Nori stops mid sentence, as the rumbling become a bit more audible.

Thinking quickly, you summon a shadow clone, and send it to collect Lemeza.

The rumbling grows louder, and Itachi and Shisui separate, with each man going to their respective side. Both are injured, though Itachi seems much worse for wear.

With a loud rush of sand, a large beast bursts forth!

It’s huge, with several gaping maws- and looks exactly like wooden men from earlier. Atop it’s pale white form is several heads- some oriented oddly.

“THIEVES! YOU VIOLATE HOLY GROUND, THEN ROB IT AS WELL! PAY WITH YOUR LIVES! GET THEM! GET THEM!” The multiple heads say at once, the garbled speech barely intelligible.

Around you, several more of them begin surfacing from the sand.

“Hey, hey. You Zetsu are really annoying! It’s rude to interrupt a duel! How many of you do we need to kill, anyway? I’m taking this up with old monochrome when we get back…” Kisame complains, drawing his sword.

Zetsu? Is that what they’re called?

Your clone immediately fights off two of the zetsu going for Lemeza- seems like the fight with the Akatsuki is on hold, for now.

Everyone relocates in a defensive position around Lemeza- the fight begins again!

How will you fight?

1. Defensively. Protect the client at all costs.
2. Offensively. Let the others worry about protecting Lemeza while you burn some zetsu.
3. A mix of both, when the flow of battle allows.
4. Try to retreat instead!

>3. A mix of both, when the flow of battle allows.
No stellar though