kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/epic/spellsIntro.htm
docs.google.com/document/d/1rlEhxYOEtnuTzSKxIfeBoG-KmChscgec4rfEnxAsn-w/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, theoretically, what happens if a D&D Cleric is a higher level than their god?

The end of the cleric's chain.

The waifu question has been asked many times, but how did you meet? Did you kick it off immediately? Were you even an item before the jump ended, or was it over time?

Assuming the god is not jump-chan.

Does DC have waifus?

From last thread

250 points of drawbacks, Level 41, add Epic Spellcasting, and three other additional epic feats; what would you recommend for those?

she lost a game for 10000 books

Everything has waifus, user.

In Gamer Chain his first Waifu was Forsetti, a Custom NPC he had designed as a player, do be his Waifu. He was a lonely NEET when he designed her, so being transported to the New World with her being real, and matching the story/personality he had written, was a dream come true.

They replace them as god in mortal combat

more like _____chain

So as some one who is still reading Mushoku Tensei, what dies everyone think of the Jump?
What sort of builds would you choose, what would you do there.
And, do you think we need more 'reincarnation' Jumps?

Lots of them but you will need pods/feathers, DC jumps tend to not have cannon companion options. for reasons that should be obvious.

Harley Quinn is not Waifu Material, she might be hot, but she's not Waifu Material.

I waifued every version of Kara Zor'El. Of which there are like five.
Some people like Black Canary, Zattana, Barbra Gordon, there are a lot of Waifus in a Comic Book universe.

You forgot to laugh at your own joke for an unreasonable amount of time.

Oh fuck you, Justice. You don't get to preach about who's waifu material when half your waifus break the golden rule of "don't stick it in crazy" anyway.

Monkey, Rabbit, Bear, Alligator, Mole, Snake, or Otter?

It's more because she's a slut than because she's crazy. She did things, that were implied to be sex, with an entire Convention of Joker Cosplayers.

How would you know?

Unless...

No, it can't be!

Snek. Redwall?

Fine then, DCAU Harley.

>spoiler

Nah, just in general.

Is that really canon though?

>highres

Could an epic 3.5 wizard start knowing some epics spells?

>Convention of Joker Cosplayers
What the hell, DC? There are entire conventions' worth of people who cosplay as a mass-murderer?

What.

>First Waifu
It was Lexington. There was a long courting period where I just sort of layed out mystery that revealed that I was a worldhopper, and then a long period of romance, long flights at night, handholding. It was honestly pretty cheesy and romantic.

>Second Waifu
>Hey Argit, you ever fucked on meth?

Monkey.

All clowns are the minotaur.

There was also a picture a few threads ago of a mob of people in joker costumes carrying anti batman signs.

Can raildex teleporters teleport silently?

Is. Is that Windows Hitler.

>inb4 someone posts Starfish Hitler

Marvel and DC are literally the worst places.

>still believing in the holohoax
good goy

That's fair.

It was, dunno if they retconned it yet, like they retcon everything.

It happens in real life.

I lack the image sadly, I would post it if I had it.

Pic Related

He's not even wearing a real swastika.

I actually posted that.

>not cosplaying Genghis Khan

>It happens in real life.
Yes, but apparently it's socially acceptable in DC.

And most people don't cosplay as them, so much as embody their beliefs.

I dunno, I figured it was like a +3 to hit on spirits or yourself.

I ended the Lie and Paradox in the Fallen World by publically sacrificing my Mage soul and my own ideal while it was broadcast all across the Earth. As a path associated with divine rapture and faith, I used this ritual to restore human belief in the Obrimos awakening method first, and once this was achieved it wasn't much of a leap for humanity to also accept the Acanthus, Moros, Thryrsus and Mastigos paths on its' own as well.

I still feel horrible about it. But the fact was-I could see no other way to save the Fallen World than at several removes when I was barred by fiat from directly interfering with the Exarchs, or meaningfully reducing the Abyss. And well-accepting that necessited hasn't really done wonders to handle all these nagging doubts I've had ever since.

Especially when I figured out in Kung Fu Hustle jump, while I was amnesiac and fighting evil kungfu masters Avacyn, Kat and Asami plugged the Ensouled form of that perk into the Friendship Matrix network to train a new generation of kung fu champions of justice. Not the way I used to do things or that I even approve of but...not something I'm inclined to punish them for either until I figure out how to disentangle the Matrixes' impulses from my own self and sort out my own priorities.

Anyway, during the war with the Exarchs in nWOD Mortal jump I also used it as a study tool to determine which rituals would be needed for it to interact with the Leviathan and Arisen splats-and try to figure out if it might have any effect on Princess production rates.

Computers.

A friend who may or may not have been her child introduced us, and I spent a couple milennia wooing her. Starting by explaining romance and individuality as concepts in musical form. After we got to know each other, i created a flame atronach-like body for her using Ensoul so we could hang out more easily.

Can you post it again?

Computers are not an animal, Man of the Spiral.

Depends on your focus, but the various item creation feats (why bother taking automatic metamagic when you can just make items that let you apply the metamagic free?), Epic Spellcasting (optionally with Epic Skill Focus Spellcraft and Knowledge (Arcana) to boost it), Multispell for the obvious reasons and because in D&D 3.5 (and high-level magical combat based on it) Action Economy is king, Spell Opportunity (because nothing says fuck you like pimpslapping someone trying to run away with a Shivering Touch), Improved Spell Capacity (more magic, more magic, more magic, gotta go Wizard), any of the actual Epic Metamagic, Familiar Spell...
And then there's all the stuff that's "good, but jumper can probably get around it/get better" like Additional Magic Item Space (Jumpers can have enough gold they can just pay the costs to condense magic item enhancements onto single items, mostly) or Superior Initiative (Initiative being one of the most crucial elements to winning D&D magic duels, but obviously available a lot of places in the chain).

>Worth it to be able to just will all of your spells into existence.
You aren't actually doing that, though, you still have to prep them beforehand and everything. You don't have to make the obvious gestures or anything, sure, but a lot of spells don't have those anyway, and there are ways around that (for instance, magical items that apply the metamagic for you, or prepping it beforehand. Or just being a sorc and prepping it on the fly).

Found it

For MCU if I take the drawback Glory of a Monster and Corpse of a Hero, do Steve Roger die instead of Phil Coulson?
And with A Funny Thing Happened and Asgardian, can I punch people with a fist full of fire?

When I looked it up, apparently the comic is called "Harley meets her makers", so I think it's 4th wall breaking and she goes to a "Real world" comic con.

The context of this is apparently that the Joker is *finally* facing the death sentence. And people don't want that.

Though in some continuities, Gotham is built on top of a fountain of Bad Mojo or a Hellgate.

Be a sorc, get Dark Wisdom, get the epic metamgic feat, will spells into existence.

DC is also the place where if you're an alien, witch or bored multibillionaire you get lauded as a hero, but if you're a mutant you're scum. Even if you're the human-looking kind of mutant.

Hey, at least there's parts of DC that have a decent afterlife unlike certain D&D settings.

It's pretty good

I took a lot of eyes

Depends on the settings being jumped.

To make a story short, imagine two socially awkward people getting pushed into equally awkward situations by companions and friends who may or may not have found the arrangement cute.

They grew on each other quickly enough

Oh god, what happened to her face?

>We are the Joker
This is making fun of the "we are the 99%" protests right?
It has to be.

>but if you're a mutant you're scum. Even if you're the human-looking kind of mutant.
Uh... Pretty sure that's Marvel?

Mutant hate is Marvel. But they also praise aliens, witches, and bored multibillionaires.
"Mutants" in DC are Meta-Humans, who are accepted as much as anyone else.

You mean Marvel. Unless I missed something.

Yeah, but no one other than Uncle Ben and Papa Kent get to enjoy them, because everytime the sweet release of death takes them, some cosmic event revives everyone, pulling them back into the hellish reality that is comics.

Not with that attitude they ain't. But anything's possible when you've got juhki/shimajuhki samples! Look down. Back up. The shimajuhki samples are now a mini-Megastructure-a Ministructure, if you will.

I'm riding the Throne of Creation.

>spoiler

...that is literally the only logical explanation considering how many people regularly die/get killed by superheroes there.

I move that the "Quicksilver's Jumps" folder and the "Everyone Else's Jumps" folder should be combined.

...it is? Huh, alright then. Could've sworn DC also had some arbitrary group to hate, unless I got confused by one of the crossovers again.

It probably just means "we couldn't get jobs in LolGothamEconomy so we ended up as henchmen and then Batman beat us up with his fancy gloves that cost more money than anything else we've ever touched in our lives, including the hospital bills we couldn't pay."

The issue is that outside of drop-in as a jumpchain concept, nobody just "starts" as an epic-level wizard. They all get there over more than 20 levels of crawling up the xp ladder from level 1.

So if you're a Drop-In, I guess you might.
If you're not, then you might incarnate as someone who's already spent the years of research and study needed. You'd start your jump knowing epic magic, but it's all been earned in the years prior to your appearance.

>will spells into existence.
Which feat is that?

Probably, if nothing else you could probably shove it under WBL.

The Arkham Games story is that Gotham has a Lazarus Pit underneath, and the liquid has soaked into the ground, and the water.

You know, the Lazarus Pit, that thing that brings you back to life, completely fucking insane.

It probably does, but it escapes me at the moment. And Mutants are arbitrarily hated so they can stand in for "Marginalized group of the decade".

I bet an apartment in Gotham is really cheap, especially compared to one in Metropolis, what with all of the property damage in Metropolis. Must drive insurance through the roof.

The ones that let you ignore v/s/M components.

If someone creates a level 21+ Wizard I imagine that they would start the game as an epic level wizard.

Could one of their starting spells from their levels be an epic spell,?

So, I wanna get one more Jump in before turning in for the night. Hey, /JC, where am I going to?

Van Helsing
Not Hellsing the Anime

You don't get epic spells from levels. You need an Epic Feat with certain skill rank prerequisites that mean you have to be 21+, but developing Epic Spells is a different system than just levelling up. d20srd.org/srd/epic/spellsIntro.htm

Which Van Helsing property is that jump actually based on? It's been re-imagined a few times over the years.

>Could one of their starting spells from their levels be an epic spell,?
No. You don't acquire Epic spells from levels.
You have to take Epic Spellcasting, a feat, and then spend the requisite resources in gold, time and experience to acquire it. Epic spells are more like equipment in this respect.

So if you're making (say) a level 29 Wizard, you'd have 4,300,000gp worth of gear and 406,000xp.
If you wanted to start knowing the epic spell Dragon Knight, that costs 342,000gp in research costs and 13,680xp (and also a week of research, but we can ignore that as "something they did beforehand").
That reduces your gold and xp accordingly.
Of course, you'd end up with 392,320xp left, which actually drops you back down to level 28.

Note: These aren't material components or an xp cost to cast the spell, they're the expense of researching and developing it, so you can't ignore them with Ignore Material Components or stuff like that.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Alrighty then.
Rolling for Location!

From the looks of it... all of them.

As said.
All of them. It's even got Companions from like three different versions.

>Of course, you'd end up with 392,320xp left, which actually drops you back down to level 28.

Wait, what? How does that work? What if you have something to make it so that your skills don't degrade?

Should there be an Item for R&D like there is for Programmer, Artist, Designer and Producer?

In-universe, your spellcaster would simply never have got to level 29. They spent the xp along the way in spell research costs, before they accumulated enough to reach level 29.

Wouldn't matter. D&D EXP costs are more than just skill degredation; think of it like how making magical shit works in Middle Earth, you pour some of yourself into the creation and are made lesser for it, but come out of it with (if you're doing it right) something worth it, like the One Ring.
Besides, this is pre-jump backstory loss anyway, it wouldn't have your perks.

Could one "reacquire" XP, or gain more of it further down the road to make up for it? By user's Middle Earth analogy, you wouldn't; as ME crafting was a permanent degradation, and power was something that could not be regained even by the strongest of the Valar.

My Equilibrium JUMP is approaching completion. I think I've priced all the origins, perks, and drawbacks. I think all that's left to do is Items and then face the fire and be forced to change stuff. Anyone want to have a look?
docs.google.com/document/d/1rlEhxYOEtnuTzSKxIfeBoG-KmChscgec4rfEnxAsn-w/edit?usp=sharing

I waifued Gaia in EVO, so we met when her dad (who was the Sun) introduced us, and then we spent the next four hundred million years or so flirting. She'd incarnate to teach me the wisdom of evolution, I'd dedicate my victories over other lifeforms to her name, eventually we hit it off. After I slew Bolbox and earned passage to Eden, I asked her to come with me to future jumps and she said yes. We've been together ever since.

>Of course, you'd end up with 392,320xp left, which actually drops you back down to level 28.
No, it doesn't. XP costs can't reduce your level. Only the XP you're accumulating to raise yourself to the next level can be spent, the rest is considered "invested" in that level and can't be made into a liquid asset barring some specific magic items.

Ugh, trust me,no one else is looking forward to having to make you listen to reason. I can already see some OP as shit perks here.

I like Not Without Incident. There's a charm like that in Exalted that I got some hilarious use out of, so I'm fond of that trick.

As a general rule of thumb, if the best thing you can say about a jump is "it reminds me of a thing in Exalted" it's a sign the jump hasn't been designed very well.

What's OP?

No point for now, might as well wait for when the full thing comes out so the whole thing can be judged rather then burning ourselves out now.

Well sure, you can earn the XP back, but you'd have to earn it back after the point where "jumper!you" drops into the character.

This is making a character before "entering play". The loss of XP is user's character spending the xp researching it between level 28 and level 29.

Really, if this was making an epic character for a proper D&D campaign, this whole discussion would be questions to bring up with your DM.
And some DMs would say "no spending xp on item or spell creation before the game starts". Sucks to be you, no epic spells.
And some would say "sure, spend the xp, but it gets reduced from your total". Which seems reasonable.
And some crazy-ass DMs would say "sure, take it for free". Which seems open to horrible, horrible rules abuse.

Since I know 3.5 D&D, I'm just trying to say what a reasonable DM might allow.

Over-Powered.

Not really. It's not a powerful effect. Being able to switch effortlessly between calm and violent isn't an incredibly potent effect. It's just a funny one, when you cause that dissonance in your audience.

Yeah, that's kind of an idiotic thing to say. You do know that charms from Exalted range from "minor buff" to "Perfect Conceptual Bullshit" and anywhere in-between, right?

I meant what in the jump is OP. Some stuff was weirdly worded, but nothing stuck out as 'overpowered'.

Which ones?

Seems pretty good to me

Yes, you naturally acquire more exp over time. Obviously not as a tangible numerical count when you're not working off mechanics anymore, but you're learning and growing and working your magical muscles and so on. That said, you didn't pay for the extra in your startin CP, so it won't be part of your starting package.

I sincerely doubt he actually has a point.

>White coat cleric

So, you're replacing the canon one with this?

>Tetragrammaton

This is ridiculous amount of leeway for a 100 CP perk. Reword it to be a buff to intimidation or something.

>Peace Reigns in the heart of man

This is literally a mind control perk. Tone it down to being phrased as rhetoric proficiency rather than completely convincing your subordinates.

>Oh Shit

This, on the other hand, is one of those arbitrarily quantified perks you and a significant proportion of the SB community seem so fond off. Remove the time limit and reword it as increased situational awareness in a firefight like what the closest analogue actually is to it in the film

>Decisive Victory
>Six Gun Cleric
>The Council's Fair Justice

Too meta. No.

>Not Without Incident

Is this supposed to cover supernatural/scientific means of surveilance/analysis or just martial arts? Because anything that isn't just martial arts/human awareness is massively OP for a perk from this setting.

>Uniformity

Too useful for a 100 CP perk,

>You Will Burn/The Turbines Will Explode
>Minion of the Inner Sanctum
>Conformity
>Gunflare
>Better Living Through Chemistry

There is absolutely no basis in the movie for these weird supernatural abilities.

I'm not going to sugarcoat this: This comes across like you made up a bunch of powers you thought were cool which only tangentially relate to Equilibrium as a setting in the same way dragons relate to a World War 2 documentary. This has absolutely nothing to do with or represents the setting of the work you're making a jump for, and that's why I think it's terrible.

>I'm not going to sugarcoat this: This comes across like you made up a bunch of powers you thought were cool which only tangentially relate to Equilibrium as a setting in the same way dragons relate to a World War 2 documentary. This has absolutely nothing to do with or represents the setting of the work you're making a jump for, and that's why I think it's terrible.
Who would ever expect that from an SJ-Chan jump, this is shocking, etc etc.

Oh right and about the scenario-the kids SHOULD at least take the same companion slot as Preston being sentient and all, and ditto for the bodyguards.

...which you appear to have made a point of saying you can improve any way you like.

Look, if you're blatently and unapologically flaunting the whole point of companions you should really rethink whether you should be making jumps at all.

Ironic shitposting etc etc, I'm just telling it like it is so it can be dismissed and we can all move on with life.

Nothing? The god still has Divine Ranks, which mortals don't.

Though usually the God will start considering elevating the cleric to the pantheon before that point is reached anyway.

Indeed; hell, the god might well not have any levels in Cleric at all, but most likely does have 20 HD of Outsider and a bunch of levels in something else; any cleric that's higher level is well into the "next best thing to a diety by this point" level range.

I didn't know we had a jumpmaking police.