Wizard: I want to use Energy Substitution on any Conjuration (Acid) spell to make it do continual (Electricity) damage...

>Wizard: I want to use Energy Substitution on any Conjuration (Acid) spell to make it do continual (Electricity) damage, then apply Born of the Three Thunders so it becomes (Electricity) and (Sonic) damage, and makes the target save against becoming Stunned and Prone each round it takes that lingering damage. And also I have this cheap magic item that makes me immune to being Dazed, so I suffer no drawbacks. Does not even cost a higher spell slot.

>DM: Seems legit.

>Fighter: I want to use a double weapon and apply one and a half times my Strength bonus to my Two Weapon Fighting, since using both ends involves wielding it with both hands and using my entire body to generate torque. It means I'll take a penalty to hit and I'll have to burn a feat for Exotic Weapon Proficiency and more for the TWF feat tree.

>DM: Nope. Double weapons can be used two handed for the multiplied strength bonus OR as a one-handed weapon and a light weapon for Two Weapon Fighting. If you want to TWF with it, one of your arms becomes mysteriously paralyzed every time you swing with either end.

Why does this game even exist? Why do the people who like this even need to bring dice into the mix? They could just sitting around reading their Harry Potter fanfiction to each other, describing how their OC Donut Steal super wizards use their adamantine wands with the demon blood cores to barbecue Cthulhu with one shot of Mega Fiendfyre. Why do they insist on infecting our hobby with their cancer?

I love these threads. Watching faggot trolls get trolled by other trolls is poetic justice.

this trash never happens in good systems like palladium

D&D is not the problem, it has never been the problem. If you only follow RAW, and let the rules influence the story; that is where the problems start.

>If you only follow RAW, and let the rules influence the story; that is where the problems start.

You moron. Everyone already knows that. Hell, even the D&D writers know that, which is why they include a part of every book that tells DMs they can change any part of the rules they like.

But, you can't have pointless, circular arguments about ultimately nonexistent games unless you demand that the discussion is centered around groups that commit entirely to RAW. Otherwise, all these hypothetical scenarios that try to exaggerate minor issues would just fall apart, like they do in actual games people play because DM's don't need to pretend that small oversights are even vaguely troubling.

It's like you don't even know the basics of trolling.

> D&D is not the problem, it has never been the problem.
> D&D's rules are the problem
> Get rid of D&D and D&D becomes good.
Someone went full retard.

See, this troll knows how to troll.

Look at that strawmanning. Look at the utter lack of intelligence, that unskilled composition, that genuine aura of being an idiot that you just can't fake.

> Why does this game even exist?
Branding.

> Huge delusional derogatory strawman.
Has nothing to do with the rules. Ruins any point you might have been making in the post.

> Why do they insist on infecting our hobby with their cancer?
Wait... you think shit players in a good system become good players magically? "Hey, people playing in the NBA are tall, let's put more people in the NBA so there's more tall people!"

The game is not cancer, it is a way for idiots to advertise it so you can steer clear from them. Keep looking and be thankful morons screen themselves.

Too many old memes. No one can take you seriously. No one really has any need or desire to debate you.

Poor trolling. Next time, dial back your dumb a little, or at least be dumb in a way that doesn't make people stop reading the same old empty arguments halfway before you finish repeating them.

Apply yourself.

It's literally what you said.

Change the rules and it's no longer an issue.

That's basically what happened with 4e, which turned out decently well.

I love your use of literally. The mark of a troll so dedicated to his craft, that he's abandoned all pretense of actually having intelligence.

Do you offer lessons? Hell, you should start wearing a tripcode so people can follow your trolling rounds.

Dude, no fair, I asked you to wear a trip first.

>4e, which turned out decently well.
8/10
simple elegance

>wanting to play rules-heavy editions with convoluted mix-and-match spellcasting
>not simply playing OSR instead

OP, please.

The various editions of D&D are so diverse that they may as well be entirely different games.

A troll trying to peform a grading?
I'm not sure how to evaluate this.

It would be clever if it wasn't so transparent, but since it's so transparent, it's really just a poor show. You do get points for effort and trying to think outside of the box, even if you're really not that good at it.

I love this one. It's high horse style, the best kind of trolling.

Oh look. It's the eternally triggered bitch-user again.

wow, the now daily limits was added because of myself, I am problably the one that talks about it

I don't get the daily limits one.

HP, and to a lesser extent fatigue, is also a limit on how much you can do in an adventuring day.

How the fuck have you not been banned please faggots sage this nigger

It had a few issues, and it legitimately didn't feel like the other editions but it was actually a good game.

I thought 5e was okay.

>I don't get the daily limits one.
On those threads about caster vs melee, people talk about how a high fantasy caster would be balanced by having daily limits and etc..
But then its told that this wont fix, because some caster players want to cast, and so will avoid battle as much as they can when, they run out of spells, making the daily limit useless