ITT we name books we hope are released for 5e D&D...

ITT we name books we hope are released for 5e D&D. Whether released in previous editions or something completely different.

>>pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Challenges
mega.nz/#!9UcU0BzT!6pHs44DOCkpkojnRMY5ny0A9D2PZ3BSRIanvDvaQIPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

ERP Player's Companion, a supplementary rulebook.

6e, because 5e is shit

Any?

Why?

Subclasses to subclass god!

>implying you wouldn't also bitch nonstop about 6e regardless of its contents

A proper Ravenloft setting book would be nice too. Also, Planescape while we're on the subject.

Not if it was an updated and polished 4e.

>not if the *absolutely* impossible happened
Stay upset then, I guess.

This

Also pic related.

> Player's Handbook 2

A few new classes and playable races, but mostly contains at least one or two new archetypes for all the PHB classes.

> Magic of Incarnum

Contains a couple classes and one new archetype for several of the PHB classes, all dealing with the idea/aspect of using the soul of yourself, another person, idea/concept, or animal to attack or augment your abilities.

> Magic Item Compendium

Contains new magic items that player's can get, also includes some magic items like Legacy Weapons and has more sentient weapons available.

This, but unironically. There was a lot to like about the idea of Spelljammer that didn't quite work in the books of the time. I'd love to see an updated version with better mechanics and setting using what they learned from the Eberron setting.

And Eberron is #2.

One thing I don't like about Spelljammer is that space travel is powered by having a spellcaster use up their spells per day, as if D&D wizards weren't "do anything" enough already.

Another thing is how the distant stars you travel to aren't the stars in the sky. It takes away from the "space exploration" feel of looking up at the night sky and wondering what's out there if the answer is "a sphere with colored lights on the inside".

I approve of your list.

two new minimum on the archetypes per class.

maybe some expanded rules on things that are a bit vague or not fully realized from the books.

massively expanded downtime activities selection, maybe rolling crafting into that (have a roll to decide level of progress on an item)

I'd like to see the return of shadow magic and an expansion of the invoker caster types too.

Magic of Incarnum is probably my favorite splatbook from 3e

A campaign setting like this.

I think this would fit in 5e as a single class extremely well. Especially using a Warlock style handful of maneuvers/short rest.

The question is how it would stack with casters in multiclassing.

"This Magic Items System Is Fucking Retarded - Handbook for the Buttblasted People Converting From 3.5". I'd be the main target.

Magic of Incarnum was great, but it didn't need to be tied with the alignment system like it was. It was also kind of weird that there were three different classes with two different soulmeld lists.

Faiths and Pantheons was way superior in all honesty.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Challenges

Book of Challenges. Easily one of the most devious and evil books you could pull out to fuck with players.

>not "Complete Handbook of Playable Christmas Trees"

full 5e known world/mystara update

Campaign supplements to the settings designed by Philip Nathan Toomey and Rich Burlew, that got beat out by Eberron in the "Design a setting" contest 12 years ago. The non-disclosure agreements they signed were fucking ironclad and we know nothing about them except that they were of similar quality to Eberron, I wanna fucking know what they came up with.

WotC still has the rights to do shit with them, and surely still have the setting bibles they submitted floating around somewhere. Fucking use them! Their game needs settings and I think it needs settings that aren't just a rehash of work they've released before.

Greyhawk, anyone?

>weaboo

Closest they've come so far.

A book that combines the Stronghold Builder's Guide with the vehicle rules from the Arms and Equipment Guide. A book on war which builds on that book a bit, but mostly is about mass combat stuff like what's in the Miniatures Handbook.

This one and Savage Species are pretty great.

Can't polish shit user

mythbusters says you are wrong.

Monster Manual 2
Monster Manual 3

Fuck, I just want more monsters. Especially monsters that are more interesting than the ones in the Monster Manual.

Also, the short dungeon book from 4e would be cool to have too.

Thule Campaign Setting.

So much.

I'm fine with either.

#mystaranlivesmatter

This, but also an NPC Codex with humanoids, preferably with actions more interesting than shield bash and parry. I want gimmicks, like an enemy that requires you to break its outer shell to get at the juicy weak points inside.

I hope they don't. The biggest problem 3.5 had was all the fluff and bloat. You couldn't do shit without your players becoming OP.

If you tried to stop them by saying only books x, y, and z are allowed then they cry because they purchased the book or spent all kinds of time researching various books they wanted to use.

Let them cry. If they can't make a compelling or mechanically interesting character with a limited toolset, then it's a failure of their imagination, and not my fucking responsibility.

I want 3.5 Psionics in 5e. Only thing stopping me from switching over.

> The biggest problem 3.5 had was all the fluff and bloat. You couldn't do shit without your players becoming OP.
You're retarded

The most broken things in 3.5 were things in the Core Rulebook and Players Handbook. The most busted splats were things that interfaced directly with those classes, rules, and spells.

This. There are very good reasons the term CoDzilla was coined. 3.5 is a more balanced game by banning core.

If they did release an updated Raveloft I hope they REALLY update it.
Too much of the setting revolved around existing NPC's that were more or less identical to Strahd (a super-powerful villain who could close off his realm and thus turn everything into a cat and mouse game until the players finally could outwit and kill him), which actually made the idea of a "traditional" Ravenloft adventure far too repetitive and formulaic, as well as narrowing the yup of stories you could play in any Domain into exactly ONE type of story per Domian, namely the story of that Darklord.
It ignores the lesson of the second ever Ravenloft module (House of Gryphon Hill) in that not EVERY gothic adventure needs to be trying to replicate what made the first adventure good, and instead recapturing the gothic mood was more important rather then focusing on an easy to replicate formula.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Challenges

>High magic setting + 5(.3.5) low/no magic wank off system
>Removing almost all classes/race choices.
>Making Artificer a shittier wizard

WotCWhy.jpg

Whoops, meant to reply to Eberron PDF.

this

and dark sun

mega.nz/#!9UcU0BzT!6pHs44DOCkpkojnRMY5ny0A9D2PZ3BSRIanvDvaQIPQ

Considering the 4e adaption was just about the only good thing to come out of that entire run I'm thinking no.

non Barovia Ravenloft stuff

Touch of Death
Circle of Darkness
Web of Illusion
Hour of the Knife
Islands of Terror
Van Richten's Guide books

The Book of Vile Darkness

Because Wizards only being slightly more powerful than every other class is just unacceptable.

so because they did a good job in 4e, you DON'T want them to do it for 5e?

yeah waht the fuck

Pretty sure he means that they won't, not that he doesn't want them to.

they wont do a good job because they did a good job last time?