I'm tired of Pantheons of big important Gods, like the God of the sea or the God of war...

I'm tired of Pantheons of big important Gods, like the God of the sea or the God of war. I always found esoteric and obscure gods more intriguing. Lets come up with a pantheon of lesser Gods, forgotten Gods, or unknown Gods!

I'll start:
>Keal, the God of Candles and Warm Love, is a somewhat plain God despite his title, with fair skin, short, rippling pale red hair, and eyes the color of lightning bolts. He is often portrayed as tall and slender, with a faraway expression in icons, with a candle lit inside of him. He is associated with thunder and is often worshiped by married women. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by the cowls they bear, and the candles they sell. He is known to send visions of love and warmth to wicked mortals.
>His travelling priests, few and far between as they be, adorn themselves with a pointed crimson cowl, embroidered with a flaming heart. They sell charmed candles as they travel, said to bring prosperity to the love they have within them, no matter the sort. Many lit humble wayside shrines are dedicated to him, and required to be always lit, thus why the priests travel.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Rogering
dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=KwHYeGPauhk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OddJobGods
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/33915461/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Op THE god of faggotry

blessed be his name

Praise the OP!

fuck the pantheons, make a monotheistic society this time

No one ever said you couldn't

I didn't said that, but this is stupid:
> being tired of Pantheons of big important Gods
> creates a god of love who basically has many followers

Roger, God of Toast

>God of Broken things made Whole.
A god known well to tinkers, blacksmiths and other craftsmen who are often employed to repair items. A simple prayer or minor sacrifice -a copper coin or so- is said to improve the quality of the repair.
Amputees may mark his symbol on their prosthetics to help them adapt to a new limb.
Those that are inspired to be priests in his name study to learn as many crafts as possible to learn how to repair anything from musical instruments to clockwork to farm tools. Their symbol is a cracked blank mask and is usually in a simple badge or pendant form. Though on holy days they will wear capes adorned with the symbol.
A slightly lesser well known, but important part to him is non physical repairing. Couples who have argued and who's relationship is deteriorating may pray or guidance or help to repair it. Friendships, family bonds and even dreams that can still be repaired are open to recieve his blessing.
He appears in visions and dreams as a weathered old man wearing an apron and tools similar to a clocksmith of dark skin and grey hair, left leg and arm replaced with silver and artifice with deep scars on his exposed skin.

>That which is broken, may never be made unbroken. Only repaired.

toast, as in cooked bread, or a speech thing, or the act of almost cooking stuff

Both. Toasting toasted toast in your toast is a very holy act.

Also, rogering is a holy act to the deity named Toast.

Roger has power over all forms of toast! Now, filthy heathen, toast ye only a single side of the toast or both?

The fuck is rogering

When a mommy bird and a daddy bird love each other very much...

lmgtfy.com/?q=Rogering

I don't get Bongtalk

OI M8, ROGERING YER BURD BEHIND THE BIKE SHEDS AFTER YA MUNCH HER MINGE MEANS YOR FAHKING FUCKING HER, INNIT

>God of the March
What was once a nameless soldier, forever marching from battlefield to encampment to new battlefield. On death, his unresolved wishes manifested and he mantled the countless desires of soldiers across the world, mantling it and becoming a new minor deity.
This minor god spreads himself thin, to whoever requests his aid to keep themselves marching forward to their destination. He has no temples or priests, though many occasional followers.
Occasionally people will leave coins with the symbol of a boot on generic waterlines to request assistance in a march, and thus the boot has become associated with him.
Occasionally, a man in dusty armor suited for the desert will come walking alongside you in silence, or cheery company. Offering you a sip of water to keep you going during the hours when your strength flags, but when you turn to see where he went in making camp, he's gone.
It's said if you leave your cold, sodden socks out overnight wrapped around a gold coin, hell replace them with warm dry ones. Usually what happens is the quartermaster replaces them and takes the money.
Usually.

Whenever I need a cult or minor God, I always pick on of these and roll with it

dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/

I've already done something like this in my setting.

The divine is real, but the nature of god is unknown which has caused numerous religions to crop up all claiming their interpretation is the one that will get you into paradise.

One religion has worship centered on a triple-aspect deity (the Lord, the Warrior, the Sage) that has numerous Saints that embody specializations of the deity's broad aspects; you've got a Saint of Agriculture, a Saint of Soldiers and even a Saint of Love - they're not gods and not worshiped as such, but rather revered as individuals to admire and emulate.

I quite like folk gods, like this

Anoia, The minor goddess of Things That Stick in Drawers

Thought she was goddess of Lost Causes now

Iis, God of midnight ceiling noises

youtube.com/watch?v=KwHYeGPauhk

tartbomb is pure shit but I'll steal those

Anoia

Goddess of Things That Get Stuck in Drawers, a minor goddess on the Discworld. When someone rattles a drawer and cries "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?", even though the person might be genuinely irritated or even exasperated, it is as praise unto Anoia. Faithful Anoians (worshippers of Anoia) purposefully rattle their drawers and complain every day. Anoia also finds objects that roll under other objects and things stuck in sofa cushions, and is considering handling stuck zippers. She eats corkscrews.

Holy shit, someone actually watch one of those?

In a similar vain, Lakotta is the God of inconvenient forgetfulness. This ranges from not remembering your boss' birthday, to forgetting your house key at the office. All these lost memories then go to Lakotta, where he feeds on them, assimilating the knowledge into his in sanctum, where it gets scrap booked

>Scrap booked
She is the truly Evil god.

Good shit. Videos are particularly choice

>The God of the Broken Clock
For all those times when it seems as if you've been working hard for hours only to look at the clock and see that the sun has barely moved.

If this has happened to you, then you have somehow offended the God of the Broken Clock. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to figure out how. The GBC is ridiculously petty and changes its preferences seemingly at random. What pleased it one day will horribly offend it the next. Fortunately, this means you can continue on like normal and will eventually do something that pleases it, causing it to look upon you with favor instead. (The result being the opposite, with time seeming to fly by during difficult times)

It is not the god of time and has no power other than to distort your sense of time's passage.

A common custom of many workers hoping for a swift work day is to release a small offering of sunflower petals into the wind before the day begins. Sometimes it gains them favor, other times, it does not. But they continue to do it anyways. After all, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

think more local gods. god of the spsific forest. that god has a deity that guards it another that tends to it ext. the local god of the forest might team up with a local god of a lake to take on a god of the mountain.

This thread in a nutshell: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OddJobGods

Sooooo... Hestia? You know? God of the Hearth. She used to be a 'major' god along with Zeus and all them but she gave her seat up to Dionysus when he ascended to godhood.
no one remembers best girl...

That was 10/10 user. We need more stuff like this

Bob the Contractor, god of the things yet to be made proper.
His angelic servants animate construction vehicles and equipment.
To receive his blessing worshipper must make him question his divine powers.

Roger that

Link to last time we did this.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/33915461/

my favorite

Thuuduama God of things that go missing.

Everyone has lost something they want to get back. He looks after the cosmic Lost And Found box/realm.

He is a helpful sort of creature. Slow, ponderous, kind and possessed of a deep wisdom he will share with any who are willing to listen.

He has no dedicated following as such and isn't really interested in getting one. He offers no real afterlife but has no objections to anyone wanting to wander his realm even if it's just to visit.

Occasionally another deity will try and take his place from him. They get lost in his realm and he makes no effort to find them.

Also Sign Post and Spider

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/33915461/
Holy shit, someone else remembers that. I ended up having to making a shrine to Ni'thanak a while back

Thanks, George Washington