Is it bigotry to remove all temples to evil deities from the city you're in? I have a Lawful Good Paladin...

Is it bigotry to remove all temples to evil deities from the city you're in? I have a Lawful Good Paladin, and I want to make sure I'm not going to fall for burning down the temples of the goddess of darkness and bullying and the goddess of evil dragons in the place where my party is staying.

Other urls found in this thread:

harbingergames.blogspot.com/2014/06/good-isnt-stupid-or-weak-or-nice.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>goddess of bullying
What

Burn it down? No no, you're not thinking Lawful Good.

You get them removed legally through the proper channels some channels include organizing an angry mob.

LAWful Good. Bigotry isn't your problem, the fact that the temples in the city are sanctioned by the relevant powers is.

Convince the local authority to ban their worship *then* burn down their temples.

>Impying being a bigot is being evil

> Lawful Good Paladin

If this is a dark ages style society, then as a Lawful Good Paladin he by default is the legal authority on Evil religions and the "proper channels" are whatever he says.

If I were running a game and the Paladin decided to burn down all temples to Evil-aligned gods then I won't make him fall.

/thread

Seriously Senpai, it's called Lawful Good, it essentially means If it's bad for civilization and stops good people from having a peaceful life, it has to go.

Seriously, you can justify Purge at anytime with LG Characters.

Here, let me just Deus Vult all over this town, thanks Based DM.

>goddess of bullying

REMOVE

Make sure your actions don't cause easily preventable disorder, but you're clear for the immediate allowance of nuking their dark temples.

How would you personally differentiate between a lawful good paladin and a chaotic good warrior-cleric? Just feeling like a policy on justice that goes so easily to "do whatever you feel is right, regardless of precedent" looks like it edges on the latter.

It is definitely a good act, so you won't fall.
It might be a chaotic act if you go about it the wrong way, so check with the grandmaster of your order if he has tips on how to do it. (If you have no order or you're in charge yourself, what I'd suggest on this point sending a Notice Of Eviction And Razing to each temple, telling the inhabitants to GTFO if they don't want to be collateral damage.)

As above it suits LG alignment.
BUT
It is bigoted due to the fact that it is something that people have as part of the culture that you are erasing.

>It's against city law to destroy opposing temples
What do you do now? Become an hero 'cause you can't murder hobo the non believers?

>Lawful actually follows laws other than his "internal code of honor XDDD"
>Chaotic doesn't give two fucks what the law says and does good no matter the cost
Not the guy you're responding to but is seems pretty straight forward. People tend to play these paladins that are just Judge Dread drenched in fake sunlight but don't actually care about the good or the law half of the time.

But as always
>Depends on Setting

it's all about the aftermath.
If you raze half the city in the name of your gods, and then ride into the sunset... either you have some kind of divine guidance, and know you have to go, or you are in no way lawful.
A lawful paladin would stay to see the city rebuilt. Unless there are other emergencies, the authorities or the population turn on him, whatever.

Yes. But bigotry isn't necessarily evil.

its still destruction of property and potentially slander as well as manslaughter/murder depending on the setting, which is definitely not lawful good by any stretch of the imagination. ya shoulda filed the documents to burn the witches OP.

That would be a Chaotic Good action.

Are the Evil Temples doing things like Sentient-Sacrifice? Are they backing Criminal Elements? Remember, D&D takes into account that there is such a thing as Quantifiable Evil. You are Evil for a reason, you have that Alignment for a reason.

But what I do is sway the Law to my side/Mob Justice.

Forgot my Pic.

Funny enough willing sacrifices are a thing and some deities prefer them (Asmodeus for example). They could be backing a similar outlet as a good temple could for mercenaries.
Of course, you are Good for a reason. Good isn't always trying to kill everything that might have an evil intention. Most PC's aren't inherently evil, alignments change. Mostly "monsters" are only aligned with one alignment.
I'd definitely pity someone whose character has not progressed nor grown from their experiences. Playing such a static character would be easy for some though.

>muh paladin
>muh lawful good

If it's the character you wanna play just fucking do it
I can't really imagine a dedicated holy warrior worrying about being a bigot to those he considers the personification of evil but do whatever you want.

The emperor would be pleased with the indiscriminate purifying of everyone who opposes you. Of course, you have the law at your side. If anyone questions that, then show them a swift death so they may be judged before your god.
>LG

>LG = pacifism
this is what pacifists believe

Yeah, Static Characters are too Boring and make for shitty, 2-dimensional Pieces of Cardboard.

Keep /pol/ in /pol/

harbingergames.blogspot.com/2014/06/good-isnt-stupid-or-weak-or-nice.html