MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Extremely fancy lands that one user has edition I'm so fucking jealous holy shit

Old RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-the-silent-spell-striker/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ragin-omanth-and-the-elemental-wrath/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-the-meat-grinder/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-banana-man-and-his-graveyard-band/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/
deckbox.org/sets/776132
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's kind of easy how to create custom goodies like that. These aren't my instructions, but a guy I knew told me how to do it.

Get a foil card you don't care about and a bottle of acetone. Grab a cotton ball (or fine textured towel I guess works too) and get some acetone on it. Rub the acetone onto the foil card until all the ink comes off. You'll probably need to reapply acetone to the swab more than twice, since it's very volatile and evaporates easily.

Let the acetone evaporate off the now blank foil. Once dry, run the blank foil through a printer, allowing you to print whatever custom art you like onto the blank. Voila!

There was another way he did in which he actually grafted the holographic ink from one card to another, but I can't remember how he did it.

Wouldn't it be a whole lot easier to just apply the acetone to a stencil and lighten an area in the shape of a guild sigil?

>I think it's kind of easy how to create custom goodies like that.
That's not a custom card, that's a 2006 izzet leauge promo that only comes in moon, according to that user, and independently verified by myself while I immediately looked up how expensive they were. That's a $25 basic land right there.

Now, I appreciate you listing how to make custom cards, just make sure they're tasteful if someone does take your advice. Just google whatever card you plan on altering and check out the images. You'll see 10,000 cringe inducing bullshit images that will tell you what not to do very clearly.

Well no, the purpose of the acetone is to remove the ink cleanly. He said it would be easier to just make a clean foil blank and then print a design onto it. A design that can be made with basic photoshop or ms paint skills.

Ah I see, I thought that was a well made alter

I regularly play with the Elesh Norn as my commander (Judge Promo with the text in Phyrexian).

Fun to watch people ask if it's an actual card or not.

Wow, that's ultimate flavor. I have never seen that card in person, I'm also jealous.

Do you have a deck list? Elesh Norn is one of my favorite cards, and the all-star of my ayli deck. I'm assuming it's some form of control or something super oppressive.

chiming in before I go to bed, I better see an Urborg and Kormus Bell in that list, user.

I have a dmir Island similar to the izzet mountain. Still haven't gotten the swamp to go with it

>that feel when you get fucked with because your deck is seen as OP but everyone else is playing infinite combos

And my group is wondering why I won't answer their texts. I just feel burnt out

This is why I play jori en. Instead of literally every oth ru commander

>Stop playing good decks
Fixd

Do you need help user? What kind of decks do they run? How quick do they usually combo? What are your favorite colours? I wish I had a playgroup, I have competitive tier decks and only play with the guy who taught me how to play magic but wont invest in new cards, and my brother who is not very good.

I run Narset, Shu Yun, Derevi

What?

Jori En is nice but I can't/wouldn't be able to use her because "I'm going to make her an infinite combo machine"

>Do you need help?
A new group would be a start, but finding people where I live to play is a bitch.

Jori en is far less threatening as a "going infinite" commander when compared to niv mizzet l, mizzix, nin, melek or arjun. And much less oppresive than jhoira. Tbh I don't really understand what you were trying to say.

I have a bit of a surplus on my store credit ($40 worth). With this in mind, can someone please provide some suggestions for how I could beef up my decks? I'm not sure how I would want to tweak them up.

>Shu Yun
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-the-silent-spell-striker/

>Omnath, Locus of Rage
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ragin-omanth-and-the-elemental-wrath/

>Zada, Hedron Grinder
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/welcome-to-the-meat-grinder/

>Tbh I don't really understand what you were trying to say

Well I am tired gonna sleep after this post. My group has god awful threat assessment. Almost always ends up being kingmaker because "you destroyed my mana rock, you exiled my dragon broodmother, etc". But I tend to get targeted early on because swiftboots and sol ring turn 2 really breaks the game.

This is why I don't like free for all multiplayer magic

People can't seem to not take things personally

If you were playing 1v1, and somebody blew up your mana rock, you'd laugh bitterly and shrug it off, it's part of the game

But if your friend chooses your mana rock and leaves your other friend's, all the sudden you feel personally attacked

I try not to have this mindset but I see it in every playgroup I've been a part of and apparently from these threads, it's the same for you guys

This is also why I play 1v1 EDH. I have a friend, let's call him Salt Master, who makes it his own personal vendetta to make sure that I don't win. 1v1 he's a reasonable human being and can take losing in stride, but Salt Master goes nuclear the second we get in a 4 player game. I run a lot of RGx type aggro decks based around turning things sideways and hitting stupidly hard. where as he likes control/weenies strategies with tons of removal. Every single game goes something like this:

>durdle for 4 or so turns ramping while people do whatever they want
>I pop my commander, gaining field control through some shenanagains, and prepare to take someone out
>salt master immediately pouts, ignores all logic, and blows all of the removal in his hand on me
>the other players recognize this as an opportunity to fuck us both over, we take tons of damage and/or let someone set up a key combo piece
>I try to stabilize the board, usually with a wrath
>he counters it
>takes the next turn to swing right at me
>I'm usually out of the game, or almost out of the game
>he's tapped out like an idiot
>the other two players make sure we're both out of the game, then continue playing a 2 player game

That makes no sense. Usually when my mana rock or whatever gets blown up it's because someone wants to prevent me from winning or prevent himself from losing. If it's a personal attack because you're you or you take it as one either your playgroup has a problem or you have a problem, nothing to do with FFA MTG.

I already said I don't take it as a personal attack, but I've seen this attitude in every playgroup I've been in and every edh thread we have has multiple people with the same complaint "my playgroup has had threat assessment" "they complain my decks are unfair and gang up on me, while they go infinite later", all these complaints are basically the same thing, politics are not fun for most people, probably because they aren't mature enough to not take things personally

obviously what I'm saying makes perfect sense, but I'm happy for you and your playgroup that nobody takes things personally, that's obviously not the norm though, if these threads are evidence

I run mostly UG or UGx and have at least 7-8 "destroy artifact or enchantment" cards and at cmc 1 or 2 and few cmc 3 creatures that destroy when they etb, blowing out their mana rock on turn 1 or 2 can usually cripple their gameplay because they kept their opening hand based on the fact they will have an explosive start blowing out their second mana rock while you ramp ahead usually means maximum sodium

Calling what happens in FFA gameboards "politics" is overselling it.

That's accurate. It's usually petty personal drama manifested in cardboard.

>FFA game boards

Idk what you meant by this phrase but it reminded me of settlers of Catan, another game I no longer play, because of the politics, and my salty friends

Maybe you have a different understanding of the term "politics" than me, in the context of magic, but whatever you call it, threat assessment, grudge holding, whatever, in multiplayer you need to rely on your opponents to help you indirectly, how you achieve this can vary but whatever happens, it makes people salty

Personally I find these "politics" really fun aspect of the multiplayer game. When you have 2 or 3 guys trying to convince another guy to not attack them or cast x or y spell it really adds another deep strategical layer to the game.

For example last week I convinced a friend to cripple another friend's board because he had most dangerous board at the time. I had Bloodchief Ascension at the time and nothing else because I got fucked the turn before and I had all my mana tapped already. The first guy had 27 life, so after he cast the spell he went to 25 and I Archive Trapped him. He had the option to either destroy my enchantment or cripple the other guy's board. I convinced him to attack the board instead of me which won me the game in the end even though I was in awful position.

That's more of an extreme example but things like this happen and less severe stuff happens in every game. It's what makes these games so fun and interesting. Just turning your creatures sideways and sitting there like a mute is stupid as fuck.

Tonight I played in a Conspiracy draft, went 0-6 and finished dead last.

Still, I got some fun rares after the fact, including Brago and Grenzo. So what can I do with this weird little goblin fucker?

Well I agree for the most part but it's not hard to imagine things going differently, and there aren't enough details in your story to really say any way

Why would you need to "convince" your friend of anything?

Why did everybody think they could let an active blood chief Ascension carry on?

In every playgroup I've played, these questions would be on the minds of my opponents and if things didn't go their way, they would be very displeased and not fun to be around

Posting my favorite land.

Modular.dek

See, I'm conflicted by that statement. I find politics as you describe it inherently unbalanced. I'm pretty slick, but I go out of my way not to fuck with people because I'm an adult, and sometimes I'm playing with actual children or people I could influence really easily. That being said, with friends I can see that being fun, despite often being on the receiving end of that flak. but I still think it's pushing it a bit too far if you're with newer/drunker players. I'd put it under metagaming, you can bluff what's in your hand face to face with someone else by portraying confidence, but actually suggesting that they use something in particular against another player is pushing it.

I really can't recall the specifics that hard but Ascension got the final counter like one turn before IIRC. It was a three player game so it's not like everyone just ignored it, one guy had the answer but played poorly. He would've died either way but I forced him to fuck with the other guy's board as well which left me in a better position.

>In every playgroup I've played, these questions would be on the minds of my opponents and if things didn't go their way, they would be very displeased and not fun to be around

Every person who is decent at strategy games would think about stuff like that. The fact that people in your playgroup would get personal about getting backstabbed in a card game is worrying if something.

That depends on the people you play with, I play with people who I've known for 15 years now and they're big into strategy, both in video game and board game format. If you're playing with manchildren or literal children it's obviously going to make people upset.

>but actually suggesting that they use something in particular against another player is pushing it.

It's more of a two against one kind of situation where we are behind and one guy is ahead by a large margin, so it's easier to band together.

What, like artifacts? Am I missing something, or are you thinking of Daretti?

Modular creatures all have 0 power

I agree it is worrying, that's why I stopped playing with them, and the playgroup before that, who weren't really my friends I just played with them at the LGS

It only takes one person with a bad attitude to ruin the mood for 5 of us, if he won't shut up

Never had this problem with a 1v1 game though, that's all I'm saying, didn't mean to imply that it's impossible to have a mature meta where people play free for all multiplayer and have a good time, I've done it before even if it hasn't lasted

I'm just saying these explosions of salt only occur in multiplayer and not in 1v1 in my experience, although I guess this board has stories of 1v1 salt as well, kinda mind boggling, sore losing on a different level, I have no sympathy

It sucks to lose because one of your opponents made a bad decision that helped another of your opponents, it doesn't suck to lose 1v1

If videogames are anything to go by 1v1 is a gigantic salt mine, go on any fighting game or RTS board and ask for opinions there and you will see. Hell, you can watch any of the popular Hearthstone streamers and see them be salty every time they get top decked or draw shit.

>videogames
That's your problem. I'm a rampaging sperg when I play video games and as a result I intentionally avoid games that I know will make me rage. In real life I'm a pretty collected individual that might get a little salty, but certainly not throwing controllers and yelling at cats salty.

Ah, I wasn't talking about myself really. Just people in general. A decade of playing a shitty moba has molded me into a literal rock, I rarely get mad at games anymore and even when I do I never let it influence other people.

i hate to think how many other viscera seers i didnt save from my friend's proxy phase... like check your fucking prices before using that acetone...

Look at grenzo on edhrec, lots of "put target card on the bottom of your library" artifacts just make sure its alwayd a creature with low power, also sac outlets and creatures that do something when they die, create combos

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/

should i stick with deathreap ritual? or should i run dark prophecy? or just run necropotence instead?

what other cards should i consider? should i also look to add shaman of the forgotten ways into this?

For your combat!

does Proteus Staff work like I think it would in Sedris or am I just a sleep deprived retard?

I'm so glad I have one of those. It's the all-star of my Lazav counter deck.

doesn't help with what i should cut, but ill consider it.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ragin-omanth-and-the-elemental-wrath/
regal force, wooded foothills, maybe vigor, greater good, parallel lives

it took me forever to realize that stone tablet icon in the upper left is supposed to be an indicator/reminder that the card interacts with the graveyard

I noticed that too. I received a box of assorted commons/uncommons and I saw that on a few cards with threshold before I figured it out. I run some put a basic onto the battlefield tapped/ if you have threshold put 3 onto the battlefield instead card that's pretty good with that same symbol.

see i have a very simple system for picking targets

blue->green->black->white->red

those are the colors that i deem to be the most attackable. if someone is playing blue lands on the table, i'm gonna be running that fucker down before he counterspells my solemn simalcrum

Fuck user, your logic just makes me mad. I wish you didn't post it because it's completely nonsensical, irrational, and the whole reason I hate politics in the first place.

blue player spotted

>wasting counters on frivolous shit
>yfw your playgroup are potatoes

>hurr durr
No, I don't play blue. I play every colour and have multiple decks in varying identities. I think your threat prioritization is ridiculous, arbitrary, and, to be frank, stupid. You're the equivalent of stacy who shows up to play magic because chad's there and picks the cards with the prettiest pictures.

Hello friends how do you feel about this winmore christmasland combo I've assembled into my deck?

>Mindleech Mass, Wrexial, the Risen Deep and Savage Beating
>First strike combat step
>Mindleech deals combat damage, cast spell, resolves into graveyard
>Wrexial deals combat damage, cast that spell from graveyard into exile
>Regular combat step
>Same thing
>Then do it again lmao

Yes sir that's the plan, cast me a Time stretch, Boundless Realms, Worst Fears and Clone Legion, all twice for no mana.

the way i see it, blue has the most annoying spells and tends to be the most awful to play against if left completely unchecked early on

Think it doesn't work how you want it to exactly. Mindleech and wrexial deal damage at the same time, and in order for the triggers to be put onto the stack you need to choose targets for them. Mindleech doesn't target, but Wrexial does. You can cast the card you got with mindleech off of wrexial in the regular damage step, but not the first strike one.

That's factually incorrect and ridiculously broad, why are you doing this?

You assess threats based on the boardstate. Period. Anything else is absolutely insane. Sure, if there are specific styles that shit on you, you might want to prioritize them, but you clearly have never played a good mono white stax deck or seen Kiki-Jiki in action. It sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about and want to sound smart for anonymous strangers on the internet.

Mindleech does damage first because of the double strike from savage beating.

The banana man abides

But a little too much, I'm finding this deck is a little too durdly and needs a couple more ways to aggressively finish out a game

Any suggestions?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-banana-man-and-his-graveyard-band/

i didn't say blue is a threat, though. i just said it's the most annoying color to play against, and it only gets more annoying as the game goes on

at least kiki-jiki combos usually have the decency to just waste the table in an instant. a blue player's idea of winning involves a lot of looking at a lot of libraries and bouncing bullshit back into people's hands. i'd rather lose fast than win slowly, which is why i tend to run down people with that disgusting blue color in their lands

you may disagree me, but you'd be wrong to do so. blue players must be destroyed, inshallah

But savage beating gives them both double strike. So they both deal damage in the first strike damage step.

Are you sure? I figured that since I got to chose the priority of the triggers I could have Mindleech resolve and have the spell in the graveyard before the Wrexial trigger began, even though they both deal combat damage at the same time

>Combat damage
>Either triggered abilities goes on the stack
>The other one isn't noticed until the chosen one is finished

So Mindleech chosen first would mean I ignore Wrexial until all that is resolved don't I?

No, that isn't how the game works. They trigger at the same time, and go onto the stack at the same time. When something is put onto the stack you must choose targets for it. It doesn't matter how you stack the triggers, targets get chosen way before resolution.

No. Blue is also a combo colour. Blue red is a double combo colour that may lead with a mountain instead of an island and fuck up your plan. Or, based on your hierarchy, it would be ranked lower than a dimir deck, which is probably more durdly but much less viable. Esper is still a thing, as is BUG and so is Temur, which one do you prioritize first since they all run "blue" but they're totally different? What if a player has a really strong WB reanimator deck, like I actually have, and another player is playing durdley Kruphix and Eldrazi ramp? What if someone is running Devri prison-lockdown? Your thing would rate BUG higher than it, even though you have no way of telling how good either deck is.

Basically, it depends on so many things that it reduces your statement to a pointless starter argument with no real resolution. You can continue doing what you want, but it's not smart or practical, and it absolutely isn't grounded in anything concrete.

kill all blues

>monowhite angel tribal, built from scratch
I've got a FTV angels box and all the standard legal angels. What are some top tips for white commander decks? Who should my commander be and what is my gameplan, other than 'cast angel of whatever' and hope for the best?
Is it worth it to buy the Nahiri precon to cannibalise the best bits from or just buy singles?

That's a lot of questions at once.

>Is it worth it to buy the Nahiri precon to cannibalize the best bits from?
Yes.

>or just buy singles?
Also do this.

>Who should my commander be and what is my gameplan, other than 'cast angel of whatever' and hope for the best?
I don't know why do you want to run white in the first place?

>What are some top tips for white commander decks?
Either build stax or value, but again, that depends on what you want to accomplish. Generally white is a weaker monocoloured deck.

Well that's a shame, thanks though, I'm constructing a combat trigger deck so learning
the stack properly is key. Is this how I would go about it? I've been out of MtG for a while so I appreciate it

>First strike combat damage
>Cast Boundless Realms from Hand, Army of The Damned from Graveyard
>Regular combat damage
>Cast Time Stretch from Hand, cast Boundless Realms from Graveyard
>Second combat phase, first strike
>Cast Collective Unconscience from Hand, Time Stretch from graveyard
>Regular combat, cast Seize the Day from hand, Collective Unconscience from graveyard
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/

What are your favorite cards in EDH, guys? Here's how I would rate my top three:

3th best

It's gotta be Reverbrate. Really cool card for copying some powerful spells, like card draw and stuff like that. But most importantly, you can use it to counter blue counterspells. Running blue hate is pretty important in MTG. Reverbrate is definitely a cool card with many uses.

2nd best

I'm gonna say it's Pyroblast. The best part about this card is that you can use it to destroy a blue permanent or counter a blue instant spell, making it a great blue hate card. I always run this card in my decks, you can never have too much blue hate.

1st

My overall favorite card is Boil. This land destruct spell specifically targets Islands, making it a great blue hate card. It might not have the utility of Pyroblast or Reverbrate, but it's still a great blue hate card, and we all know we can't have too many of those. I typically run this alongside Boiling Seas as dedicated blue hate.

Anyone feel like boasting about their most recent buys?

I just sent out an order yesterday.
Got myself a bunch of Painlands, Scrylands, Odyssey filters, Tainted Lands, Sydisi's as well as Mycosynth Lattice and Unwinding clock to go ham with sharuum, reveillark and karmic guide for the athreos deck I'm brewing as well as the last pieces for my Kaalia and Newlivia decks.

Are you okay user? You seem pretty ass blasted after I called you an idiot for having irrational ideas, and now you post this? Why not post your favorite commanders? I personally like this guy, he's a good value, and quite often hits the ground running. In the right tempo deck, you'll be surprised at the value you can generate.

>That's a lot of questions at once.
I came here because i'm mostly clueless

>I don't know why do you want to run white in the first place?
because angels, mostly.

>Generally white is a weaker monocoloured deck.
strength isn't a big concern, this is more a thematic deck than a viable one. I guess that makes it value?

My overall favorite commander would be Ruric Thar. He's quite costly, but his passive ability can be quite powerful when up against blue opponents. I tend to run him whenever I need some dedicated blue hate in my deck

That all works as described. Savage beating with those two cards is still pretty spooky, even without the way you thought it worked originally.

Hmmm, let me help you out a bit. You actually want to build a tribal. Those are pretty easy to assemble in general, just dump the cards you like into a deck and there you go. Now, that being said, angels in general are high casting cost flying beaters. You'll need some good rocks, some dorks, and some draw power. Since you have the FtV, I'd suggest Iona as a commander because she's an absolute bitch to deal with once she hits the battlefield. Revilark+Karmic Guide+Sac Outlet is an infinite combo that you can run in your colours. Elesh Norn is also worth it, I promise. Quicksilver amulet can drop your creatures on a better curve too.

On it's own white tends to lack draw power. I run decks with other colours specifically to increase the draw power or land ramp. In my opinion, WU WG and BW are much better at enabling the same shenanagains that you want. I'd steer clear of RW unless you want to run that Aurellia and Avacyn. Personally, I'd recommend Brago as your commander because you can still run all your angels, slap in some extra draw power to speed your deck up a bit, and you can use the flicker effect to help with linvala. You could also run Iridescent Angel who looks pretty neat. In WGU, if you focus on basic land ramp you could probably build Jenera and just primarily focus on white, with a splash of green and blue to enable your ramp and card draw.

That's actually one of my favorite commanders. I like Xenagos a little better, but I ran Ruric for a looong time.

That's called playing with children.

I would say don't play with children but manchildren seem to flock to this game, less than Yugioh at least.

:v

I know the choice of phenax as a commander isn't going to win a lot of games, but I think he is a cool card.

What do you guys think of my deck: deckbox.org/sets/776132 ?

I don't like what I've heard about the new Monarchy mechanic in CNS2. Doesn't sound fair to control or pillow fort players. If the crown is an artifact instead of an emblem, at least they'd get a shot at destroying it

What are some inclusions you wanna see in the 2016 Commander precons?

Not a suggestion, but I'd just like to tell you that the Blasphemous Act + Arcbond combo only works if your creatures are indestructible. Otherwise, you get only one activation / damage dealt situation.

>Blasphemous resolves
>Deals 13 simultaneously to all creatures
>triggers go on stack to deal damage to other creatures
>first trigger resolves, deals 13 to everything
>everything dies
>next trigger attempts to deal damage, creature is dead, fizzles

Just letting you know, friend! But with indestructible it does work, I assure you. The damage being dealt will constantly create new triggers, and eventually kill someone, and so long as you are the last to die from the triggers, you'll win!

>Who should my commander be
Bruna would probably make some sense. OG Avacyn is always great, of course.

should i buy expeditions mana confluence now or wait? thinking buy now

You really think we're gonna get that rather than City of Brass and yet more reprints of garbage like Rupture Spire or Transguild Promenade?

I could see Gemstone Mine, honestly.

New lands. Since they're going to be four colors I'm willing to bet we're going to see new lands.

I'd love an Imprint: Exile any number of land cards from your library and make mana in the colors any of those lands could produce.

Not going to happen.

I just bought the Meren precon for below market value because the box was a little water damaged. Looking for ways to beef it up. I don't have much experience with edh, so this is a new thing for me. I'm considering Birthing Pod (because I love it and I feel like it fits the theme) and maybe Tasigur. My budget is a little low at the moment though.

Shit that would be baller. And Legacy playable I think.

Alright, thank you for the suggestions. I'll see what I can swap out in the deck to make room for some of these cards.

OK, that makes sense. For some reason I completely neglected the stack during my thought process for this combo. Looks like I'm throwing in Soul of New Phyrexia and Eldrazi Monument if I want to make this happen.

Thanks!

I have a similar issue. Everyone here in Manhattan Beach just plays Modern, and even though some of them have EDH decks, they never want to play.

Tasigur is BUG devotion, you could run him as your commander, but not in the 99 of meren.

What do you want your deck to do? In general, picking up an ashnods altar, and maybe some tutors like that zombie Sidisi will beef it up. Birthing pod is pretty good, excellent call. A blood artist might also be worthwhile, or maybe a zulaport cutthroat? What do you want the deck to do, have you ever played it before? It's pretty stronk right out of the box.

>merciless executioner
>fleshbag marauder

I'm going for more of a sacrifice and revival theme. Birthing Pod seemed like a good start since it'll net me sac advantage and a creature.

And you're right, I forgot that Tasigur had blue in his activated ability. Thanks for the card ideas.

>I'm going for more of a sacrifice and revival theme
Meren actually comes with some kick ass cards for that, like victimize and diabolic servitude. Necromancers stock pile is a pretty good budget card that lets you discard a fatty into a draw. Phyrexian Arena is definitely worth the price, in my opinion and deadbridge chant is also pretty good. Deathrite Shaman is one of the best cards in the format, in my opinion, and Wasteland Viper is surprisingly awesome. Desecration Demon and Archfiend of Depravity are two of my favorite cards ever, and a Dictate of Erobos is worth it, even though the deck comes with Butcher of Malikar, that's the same thing on a stick. Now, I have to warn you, when you build a deck like this, don't fall for the old "super invested in self mill" trap. Self mill is good, using Meren is also pretty good, BUT make sure your deck is good without Meren or self mill and you'll be much better. Boardwipes in recusion also awesome, Nevinyal's Disk goes in every deck, and you can get a Strionic Resonator pretty cheap to do all sorts of shenanigans. Buried Alive/Entomb/Jarad's Orders are all worth it, and the already mentioned deadbridge chant isn't bad, but steer clear of too many of those. There is an awesome 1BG removal I can't remember the name of, and Toxic Deluge is pretty cool. You could also throw cryptghast, urborg, and a way to nuke urborg in there if you want to ramp a little weirder.