Just got out of prison for possession and I'd like to get back into gaming. My family only plays Risk, Monopoly...

Just got out of prison for possession and I'd like to get back into gaming. My family only plays Risk, Monopoly, and Yahtzee.

What board games does Veeky Forums recommend?

Who did you possess?

The State of New Jersey with 140 grams of heroin. Fortunately I wasn't intending to distribute.

Oh. I thought you were a ghost or something.

Kill Doctor Lucky, but that might violate your parole conditions, I don't know.

Otherwise Settlers of Catan and Mansions of Madness. Or Lords of Waterdeep for fantasy.

Sounds like you've already failed at Life.

Lords of Waterdeep is really fun, but kinda pricy. Might I recommend Guillotine? Not necessarilly a board game, but it's cheap, fun, and quick.

Betrayal on the House on the Hill has an expansion coming out this month

The general accuracy of this map always makes me laugh, then make me sad.

Yes because people can't turn their shit around. Don't listen to this douche OP. You do you.

If you're going to discuss OP rather than recommend a board game, take your shit to /soc/, you dumb shit.

Katan

Not bothered at all, but thanks.

Exactly, games please. I think there was a kaiju game that came out? Also a dungeon type game but it's not Munchkin?

Settlers of Catan and Carcassone are good intros.
If you like Boss Monster is fun, if a bit Munchkin like. Which is kind of funny, since it's literally reverse Munchkin.

I have to say that I think that sending people to prison for possesion of whatever drugs is completely ridiculous. Seriously, what are they trying to accomplish by doing that? Did it make your life better, or mine? I really don't think so.

This shit makes me fucking angry.

If you have someone to play with and like superheroes, buy two boxes of justice league: hero dice. Really good coop game and decent in solitair mode imo.
If you want to go a little more complex, my favorite game is Caverna. It's core mechanic is rather simple, but you have tons of options each turn. But I guess you shouldn't play it with overly competitive people. It's not so much that you can pull of broken combos or stuff like that, but it loses its comfyness.
If you want to go really hardcore, take a look at GMTs catalog, find a theme and game you like and ask again. Most of the games are good, but special, in that some of them take half a day to complete and it's hard to find a group for that kind of stuff. Others are quicker and simpler, but still complex and fun enough to be decent alternatives for the more 'mainstream' stuff.

King of Tokyo? If that's the one you're thinking of, its both simple and fun.

Get them and yourself into Roleplaying Games!

Mouse Trap. Masterpiece. Zombies!!! With the eight expansion pack.

Fury of Dracula. That game is fun as fuck.

Do you know what makes me angry?
You thinking anyone cares about your opinion outside of /soc/.

You should give Space Empires 4X a shot. While seemingly hard, once you are in it a few turns it becomes very intuitive and straightforward. It has tons of scenarios too ranging from standard duels to co-op.

Settlers of Catan
Carcasonne

Good gateways. A bit simple and boring if you play a lot of tabletop stuff, but usually an eye opener for the monopoly crowd.

You're a stupid asshole because you've never seen friends and relatives lured into drug use by shit pushers and abusive partners. They destroy their own lives and everyone around them. That's why possession is - and should be - a crime.