WH40k General:

The Best in Texas Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10879600
youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BtLTIkWwtAR3d0ZWlQOThQLVk/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lubbock imperial fister reporting in

third for remove chickin

>The Best in Texas Edition
You know, I want to see how many texans are really on here. Perhaps it's not actually as many as it appears to be

strawpoll.me/10879600

5th for IA14 FIRES OF CYRAXUS WHEN?
I need muh admech beep boops!

Oh fuck off.

Codex Deathwatch Announced

there's no restriction on assaulting turn 1 but most units don't have armies that can cross no man's land that fast. i've had a few first turn charges. a unit of stealth suits infiltrated then got torn to bits by a unit of screamers

if you mean assault from deepstrike or reserves then it's only by special rule. marines have at least 2 formations that allow this. i really wanna try a big unit of seekers, lesser loci, get the formation that gives +6 to run and the running/charging warlord trait. you won't be so safe 30" away turn 1

katy daemons here

>its real
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
What are we even expecting from this?

>another space marine chapter.

I just want my genestealer cults codex.

another ally book, remember cult mech?

Genestealer cults fucking WHEN

>Darkness

You wot, Gue'la?

And it'll probably end up better than Grey Knights.

No.
It is chickin that must be fucked off.

Sisters of Battle when?

youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

I wonder how they plan on making this more unique than just regular marines.
Do they plan on making each individual model really powerful or something, like a modern movie marines?

So I have done some work on the Boreal Talons. I managed to get some names done.
Founding: Unknown(2nd Founding)
Successors of: Dark Angels
Primarch: Lion El'Johnson
Supreme Grand Master and leader of the Inner Circle: Ketibiorn Allard
Forge Master: Macicj Rouzet
High Interrogator Chaplain and Master of Sanctity: Wammu(not a native and doesn't have a last name)
Chief Apothecary: Salicar Calvet
Chief Librarian: Veximandis Leblanc
Grand Master of the Mortaile: Klaus Devereux
Grand Master of the Corbeauaile: Pendrak LeBeau
Grand Master of the 3rd Company: Frederic "Trips" Girardot
Grand Master of the 4th Company: Master of the Fleet Bayne Maret
Grand Master of the 5th Company: Mathias Duret
Grand Master of the 6th Company: Sachiel Chapuis
Grand Master of the 7th Company: Wilfrid Pichard
Grand Master of the 8th Company: Arnaud Rousseau
Grand Master of the 9th Company: Empty( Jean-Baptiste Cyril "Krumpsalot" Lehaieu's acceptance as captain is pending)
Grand Master of the 10th Company and Master of Recruits: Baldwin Guignes

As for the chapter's specialities they're experts ambushers, fighting in arctic conditions, and use in Flamer and Melta weapons.

i see no problem with this

Give me back my eyes' purity you abomination!

I do...I want to win a match once in a while.

>Another rulebook for a broken game

Spoke with my GW guy yesterday. He's pretty connected, been with the company almost 10 years, Brit, nice guy. Doesnt usually talk rumors or future plans with me. But yesterday he mentioned a few interesting bits of info.

The guy that had been in charge of IP licensing decisions for many years lost his power within the office around the same time the new CEO was appointed. This new CEO is apparently very interested in getting the IP a higher profile.

Frontline Gaming and Games Workshop are working together to improve the ruleset. In his own words: 'The home office is impressed with the success of the ITC'. There is an NDA keeping it on the dl (he called it an NDC, british version?) He didnt know any other names, but he has heard GW is also working with a British TO to improve the rules.

Games Workshop is currently in discussion with Disney regarding a Marvel comics use of Tau artwork in one
of their books. His connection told him that there are mutterings at the home office saying the suits are pushing for a deal with Disney that would bring Games Workshop into the Disney family.

Thought I'd share with you guys. Hope this doesnt somehow get back to him though.

Just play Mechanicum. Beep Boops for days.

lv3 libby, domina liber daemonica
lv3 libby
5 terms, 4 halbreds, 1 hammer, 1 psycannon
5 terms, 4 halbreds, 1 hammer, 1 psycannon
5 interceptors, flamer
5 interceptors, flamer
dreadknight, flamer, psycannon, teleporter
dreadknight, flamer, psycannon, teleporter

i think this is the list that beat me the last time i played. i made some mistakes (invis is nice but hammer hits automatically) but he was able to whittle me down at range and cap the objectives

What are you playing? That's basically my list, but I use Purifiers and a Malleus Inquisitor instead of Interceptors and 2nd lib.

Well, seems they get drop pods.

Also, the dude at the start of the trailer had what looked like a 30k raven's talon (master-crafted, rending lightning claw).

err lets see i believe i was 1850 or so

>tzeentch herald, lv3
>2 exalted flamers
>bloodthrister of D, exalted, greater
>11 pink horrors
>4 fiends
>2 squads of 10 daemonettes
>skull cannon
>exalted seeker and regular chariot
>burning chariot

he got turn 1, shunted up his interceptors, wiped my pinks and heralds with those s6 flamers then buffed them to hell. in retrospect i should've only charged in the fiends since they were able to finish off the squad after the burning chariot flamed them back. instead i charged in the slaanesh chariots but 1 died to overwatch (flamers do d6 to riders) and the exalted failed in it's attacks.

from there it went quickly down hill

Noob here. Can I make a Khorne army that's good? I like melee and wanna siphon blood for the blood god

KDK is okay, right? But mono Khorne Chaos isn't? and CSM are garbage tier

what kinda models should I be looking at

more like
COMBINED ADMECH CODEX WHEN

Go Khorne Incursion, or Khorne core formation with the triple Soul Grinder formation. KDK is decent too, but I dont care for managing their mechanics.

Did he have anything else? Put that list into battlescribe and it's coming out to ~1500 right now. I could fit another termie squad and an inquisitor in there.

KDK is good yeah

Murderpacks (the formation containing bikers and flesh hounds), Kytans, Knights, and generally the daemons and not the CSM stuff which still sucks.

that's about as much as i remember. you'll still struggle against say tau or eldar but he spoke highly of it. shunting or deepstriking in s6 flamers is pretty good

December at the earliest, according to the open day. I'm concerned, though. All rumors point to battle automata absolutely sucking in 40k because FW was forced to port them over.

Hope you guys enjoy the inevitable helbrute insanity table.

When people other than mememasters in these threads give a shit about them.

>disney owned 40k

That sounds like it could be terrible. If marvel is anything to go by, the plot will move forward with the god emperor passing his mantle onto a sister of battle, who then reignites the glorious crusades.

Actually that sounds pretty good.

>Actually that sounds pretty good.

Nah.

Why would they get an insanity table? They are an Imperium army and will get good rules.

They're getting all these new things.

Disney cannot into Grim Dark

I hope you are a lying troll

....i was going to say that looks terrible but then i realized it was mickey mouse

because FW was assblasted they were forced to convert the 30k stuff to 40k by GW higher-ups, so they intend to make the rules bad to spite GW.

Source: Open Day conversations

If you mean for allying them, I believe they are. Just like how the death korps lists are considered separate.

well, a slow death is better then no death i suppose. maybe they'll get 2 mentions in the next campaign book, that's better then 2!

The consensus, IIRC, is that KDK is good but not overpowered. Upper end of middle of the road in the right hands.

Why would fw be assblasted about making rules for models they sell, when doing so will only increase their potential market? that makes no sense.

>I don't like working on tyranids
>I know, I'll give them really shit rules, including having the army damage itself

>I don't like working on 40k mechanicus
>I know, I'll give them really shit rules, including having the army damage itself

So "based" forgeworld's rules writing & professionalism is now officially as good as Robin Cruddace's. Defend this forgeworldfags.

The bio-organic brains that the automata have are apparently rotting. This makes them insane and bloodthirsty. They are also apparently going to be a relic unit.

Wait until they actually come out with the rules for your judgement.

They could be cheap as fuck.

So, I'm a new Ork player, and I've been wondering. How do Orks deal with shit like 2+ invuln saves against shit like Gray Knights? I feel like I might be missing something in the rules, but if I were to assault a squad of them and they can save like that, I'd be fucked, right?

>His connection told him that there are mutterings at the home office saying the suits are pushing for a deal with Disney that would bring Games Workshop into the Disney family.

You deal with it like orks deal with everything else - terribly.

O-oh...

When do Grey Knights have 2+ invul? The closest they get in normal games is 4++, and they have to use psykers to get that.
Dark Angels on the other hand can get 2++ easily. But that's a cover save, so you deal with it by assaulting them.

Only Draigo can get to a 2++, His shield + Sanctuary.

They want to keep 30k things in 30k.

>Frontline Gaming and Games Workshop are working together to improve the ruleset. In his own words: 'The home office is impressed with the success of the ITC'.
Oh dear lord.

Please GW, we didn't mean it. Go ahead and AoS 40k, PLEASE!

Don't make us suffer through actual ITC shit in our regular codex.

And I had thought anyone could do the rules better than GW, but I had happily suppressed the memories of the last LGS where they forced this shit on us. This is one of those times where GW actually ARE better at making the rules, holy shit.

Hi anons ! I play CSM, MELEE csm. And I'm tired of getting rekt.
My list is
Black legion main detachment hounds of abaddon
1 lord on bike w/ powerfist, lightning claw, sigil
6 bikers, meltabombs, icon
2x 8CSM, poweraxe meltabombs, icon, rhino
1x 8Berzerks, chainaxes, poweraxe, meltabombs, icon, rhino

Black legion Cyclopia cabal
3x bike sorc ML2 sigil, poweraxe

Anything to replace/add ? I don't wanna go kdk or daemons... And possibly avoid bringing big guns. Has anyone got some insight on this ?

What's so bad about ITC? I haven't played in the tournament scene yet.

You want to win with a lower tier codex? (not the lowest you stupid fucks)

Playing a fuck awful list

In an edition that punishes assault

Without using guns

Or using a codex that rewards you for dying?

Really? You think this is a valid question?

I guess massed dakka like big shootas and lootas and drown them in saves. Not saying that's a good solution, but about as good as I can think of.

>tournament scene
This is why it is bad.

It forces a competitive mindset. I would never fucking use an ITC ruleset if I can help it, but if this shit is true, it will be forced on us.

Oh well, I suppose I was expecting 40k to die as well, considering what happened to fantasy. An Age of Emperor would just have been a more graceful death, than "Death by ITC"

Look. A useless know-it-all.

Most (non-Ork) players already had a competitive mindset. Nobody plays "forge the narrative" anymore, and if GW wanted them to then they'd write rules that make it viable somehow.

Well, thank you for your answer, but I'd like to point one thing out. The point isn't that I merely don't know that and I'm trying to mathammer some shit out of nowhere . The point is I KNOW it sucks against almost anything. Yet I love the playstyle, have played it repetitively, and even managed to win some games. So what I need, now, is some insight on how to improve, not some Intel I already have about how it doesn't work :)
But thanks anyways !

>Most (non-Ork) players already had a competitive mindset. Nobody plays "forge the narrative" anymore, and if GW wanted them to then they'd write rules that make it viable somehow.
Literally no one I want to play with has this mindset, and those 4 people at my old LGS can go fuck themselves.

We have a huge group of 25 people who come around every wednessday to play, and no one brings shitty tournament crap to the table. Those who do get 1 game, and then a fuckton of declined games, until they leave. Because, surprise, no one wants to deal with your faggotry when trying to have a fun game.

ITC encompasses this mindset, and we can pretty much be sure, whenever someone says "Oh, I usually play with ITC rules, they are better than GWs ordinary rules", then he is an idiot, and is bringing the most obvious netlist ever. It never fucking fails.

I have literally never met someone who *likes* ITC who wasn't a complete dick, and was actively trying to ruin any chance of a fun game.

Investing in land raiders would be a good choice for your combat unit as they could actually charge when they disembark. Daemon princes? Perhaps Belakor or the Khorne assault claw formation

Just ignore that retard, he's clearly full of shit. The frontline guys worked with privateer press to make the official mats and that partnership was made known early on. There's no way that frontline would have made no mention of talks about working with GW, seeing as 40k is their main focus.
That retard is a "my dad works for Nintendo" tier bullshitter.
That said ITC is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be. You aren't the guy convinced ITC is a conspiracy to buff marines, are you?

Sisters confirmed for going the way of the dodo.

No room for girls in 40k ;_;

>going the way of the dodo
>Upcoming publications
ok

Yes... all these upcoming publications that sisters will be starring in.

Reposting from old thread:

Can anyone give me an opinion on a 2000pts Space Marine list? I'm just getting back into the hobby after a 8-9 year hiatus, and bought an army to fit the kind of role I want. I'm going for a custom chapter, very heavy on psychic ability and ultimately focused around lightning strikes and melee.

After doing some reading on various sites and guides, i've come up with this:

Chapter Tactics: Raven Guard

LIBRARIUS CONCLAVE:

Librarian (145pts) - Armour of Shadows, Force Sword, Jump Pack, Storm Bolter, Mastery Level 2

Librarian (110pts) - Power Armour, Force Sword, Storm Bolter, Jump Pack, Mastery Level 2

Librarian (80pts) - Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Jump Pack, Mastery Level 1

Librarian (80pts, as above.)

RAPTOR WING:

Land Speeder (55pts) - Multi-Melta

Stormtalon Gunship (125pts) - Twin-Linked Assault Cannon, Twin-Linked Lascannon

Stormtalon Gunship (125pts, as above.)

SHADOWSTRIKE KILL TEAM:

Scout Squad (120pts) - 2 Scouts with CCWs, 2 Scouts with Shotguns, Scout Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Power Sword.

Dedicated Transport - Land Speeder Storm w/ Multi Melta

Scout Squad (120pts, as above.)

Vanguard Veteran Squad (160pts) - Jump Packs, 2 Vets with Bolt Pistol/Power Sword, 2 Vets with Bolt Pistol/Power Axe, Vet Sarge with Relic Blade, Storm Shield and Meltabombs.

Vanguard Veteran Squad (160pts, as above.)

SKYHAMMER ANNIHILATION FORCE:

Assault Squad (110pts) - Jump Packs, 4 Marines, 1 Flamer, Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Sword and Meltabombs

Assault Squad (110pts, as above.)

Devastator Squad (250pts) - Drop Pod, 4 Devs w/ Grav Cannons, Sarge with Boltgun/Chainsword, Armorium Cherub

Devastator Squad (250pts, as above.)

And that's it! What do you think? The idea is to have the Librarians go in with the Assaults/Vanguards and act as buffers/force multipliers. I've already ordered all the models, but i'm open to getting more/changing it up. Any criticism would be appreciated.

So I'm new, and went eldar, but don't want to cheese because new meta and I'm not that guy. Bought the start collecting set. And am doing the bikes first. My idea Is scatbikes vs marines or necrons, shuriken bikes vs mid tier stuff, and 1 per 3 vs orks or nids. Is this fair?

You remind me of Sheldon of EDH fame.

>You aren't the guy convinced ITC is a conspiracy to buff marines, are you?
I play marines, so obviously not.

But ITC does so much to urge people into a competitive mindset. I don't care for the rules, some of them are alright and others are "what the fuck are you doing?"-tier, but the overall concept of ITC, and how it is used, attracts the worst kind of neckbeard to it, and it shows.

I know several people who plays in tournaments, and while they play ITC and knows the rules, they would much rather avoid them, and none of them can remember a fun ITC game - tournament mentality rarely makes for fun games, to absolutely no ones surprise.

Your meta must be one hell of a special snowflake then.

In my experience, people with competitive mindsets enjoy the game more. With the so-called casual mindset, there's always arguments over what is and isn't casual. Usually, people label the things that beat them as WAAC, and the things they beat as just right. But it usually results in saltiness all around.

>Tfw have a competitive mindset and my friends don't

I like my War Convocation, but I like my friends too much to bring it.

I've noticed the same. The most casual dude in our group is the most butthurt all the time. He actually quit 40k and is now building 30k army. It actually suits his fluff nut way of hobby.

They'll be the faction in an upcoming campaign that the Deathwatch have to "save" from Tyranids / Eldar.

Then they aren't casual players. They are salty competitive players who suck at the game.

I feel bad for you guys who have never experienced a casual meta.

and they certainly aren't True Scotsmen either.

Where are the stats for Possessed located?

If a Rogue Psyker is possessed, do you control the possessed model?

At least one group with "Sisters" in their name will get some love if the SoBs don't.

I don't know about the rest of you but I hope GW does more than just mention the sisters in the next book. I have never bought a sister of battle before but if they ever make a plastic start collecting set of sisters , I am buying a set on day one so that I can have some bolter bitches to go with my guardsmen and Inquisition.

However I know how reliabley GW fails to impress.

I'd imagine MSU focus, with squads probably being able to take "Chapter Upgrades" from their parent chapters, similar to how Chaos can take Marks. These could be dumbed-down versions of their parent Chapter Tactics, or they could be something entirely different. They'll probably also have a lot of unique or special gear only they get, and also be focused around Inquisitors.

Who knows though.

Does the warpstorm special rule only happen if Chaos Demons are my main detachment?

Veeky Forums's got you covered user:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BtLTIkWwtAR3d0ZWlQOThQLVk/view

yes

Can anything be your main detatchment, regardless of how much you actually have in it?

Like, could I have a theoretica 300 point main detachment, and then 1550 points of chaos demons in a CAD?

Yes.

On that note, has anyone tried taking a token force of daemons as their main detachment just so they get to roll on the warpstorm?
Most of the results of the warstorm effect "enemy units" but mostly only effect friendly units with the "daemon of X" special rule.

I was thinking of having a small of of 11 pink horrorsx2 + lvl 3 paradox herald be my main detachment of my CSM force for summoning/prescience support.
Storm of fire, rot glorious rot, the dark prince thirsts, khornes wrath, daemonic possession and summoned from the warp. This small 300 point force can easily summon it's own points back while raining fire down on the enemy.

Anything that is not an Allied detachment can be your primary. So you could have a minimum CAD of CSM with a Lord and 2 cultists, and then a bunch of daemons and be fine. Cheesy, but it technically works. Or, a non-Daemons formation as your primary and a Daemon CAD/Decurion/formations as everything else.

The only requirement is that your warlord is from your main detachment.