Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Our Guy edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft setting and its relation to tabletop gaming, and plan Warcraft based games

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU
youtube.com/watch?v=qlHx7YNWYGY
youtube.com/watch?v=gjvlDUMWrNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best Orc

Who are the Nightbornes?

Dubm drow knockoffs living in a part of Suramar that they magically kept from skining AND managed to hide from the MU Gul'dan&Cho'gall, Rend and Maim as they chased them, then Illidan, Vashj, Maiev, Tyrande, and Malfurion.

new subrace of elves in lejun

theyre basically the highborne that stayed on the broken isles and made a new well of eternity
theres also a sub-subspecies that are notdrow and are half spider

in Legion, warriors go to Vrykul hell to kidnap King Ymiron and take him to Valhalla just to piss him off

Mage master class.

>youtube.com/watch?v=UW5IYrgOgYU

>youtube.com/watch?v=qlHx7YNWYGY

I can't get that fucking disco song out of my head. Damn Blizzard's impeccable sound design

>make cheesy song about one night in Karazhan
>not a spoof of One Night in Bangkok
You had one fucking job, Blizzard.

Tomb of Sargeras audio drama comes tomorrow.

>Chess game confirmed for return in Hearthstone.
Can wait to see the rage.

how bad was it?

the original chess game was just weird, and the ai was so bad he would kill himself half the time and wipe you no matter what another good portion.
They will probably make a meme of it and make the fight only chess pieces or something and make it like the rag nafarion fight.

Does anyone actually use either of the published versions of the Warcraft RPG? Do you do Deadmines runs and shit?

I played the shit out of the MMO until Cataclysm. I really enjoyed the content and story before that expansion.

I don't know if it was possible when it was current content, but now you can sit in the king and cleave everything that walks in front of you and you'll win unless Medivh cheats by putting fire on your space with a pawn in front of you

one thing the Hearthstone trailer makes me wonder is whether or not they'll add the other OC League of Explorers characters to Legion or later expansions. Sir Finely is cool, but I want to get rich

looks like we wont be killing Khadgar in Legion

>Jaraxxus at a party
>the Draenei girl has an afro
>the earrings on the BElf
>dragon fireworks

I don't understand. Is this the power of disco?

No, they're OGL and shit

Medivh used his magic to create massive time traveling meme parties for his own personal amusement. Where do you think Khadgar learned to be such a wacky memer from?

So how much time have you put roleplaying in Warcraft, Veeky Forums?

Seven years, and counting

A few years for WoW specifically. General RP communities are awful, though, so I rarely RP outside of my groups of friends.

It's what I do in any MMO I RP in really, all for the same reasons.

I'm weirdly nervous about RPing on an MMO and have no idea what to do.

same, I switched to an RP server to raid back in BC (I didn't realize how shit it would be) and never really saw anyone RPing anywhere unless I went into silvermoon. The concept sounds fine, I just have no idea why I would want to RP as anything, and I feel like my immersion would be broken on any server where the majority of people aren't even roleplaying.

Where my sexy liches at?

Yeah, unfortunately on Horde side, about 90% of RP is for blood elves in Silvermoon, with spatterings of other races in the other capitals. On Wyrmrest Accord I saw a small Tauren Tribe guild RPing in Thunderbluff on occasion, but that was about all I was able to observe.

I never saw much on alliance side either, made a human once and 90% of people straight up ignored me when I tried to talk to them, help them, or wish them luck. There was one cute group of people using some items to make everyone look like squirrels and having a good time, but they weren't really RPing and dissipated quickly.

What server? Because I know Wyrmrest Accord is fairly active in Stormwind, even if it's a largely a mess.

Especially the Blue Recluse. Stay away from that fucking place.

>Blue Recluse
Isn't that basically WRA's version of MoonGuard's Goldshire?

KT in HOTS when?

since two years ago :^)

Probably. I've never been to Moon Guard, but I know the general idea of Goldshire there.

It's pretty awful. I had a friend who kept saying she wanted to RP there, and I always staunchly refused because of how awful it was, in addition to being overcrowded.

Worgen and Draenei futa abound, in addition to your standard MMO Mary Sues.

Fuck. Wrong KT.

>In addition to your standard MMO Mary Sues.

This is why I mostly stuck to RPing on private servers.

Sadly, they always go to shit because of dumb drama and people having differing opinions on what will ensure quality through the community

But they always have their golden moments.

It's why I stick to just RPing with a group of friends in a guild.

I remember once in the Blue Recluse, a Draenei character had an RP bio that said she was a Man'ari Paladin. Also specified that she was a lesbian, and stated that guys shouldn't approach her.

Do the characters have quippy lines in HotS, and what would he say?

>Do the characters have quippy lines in HotS
the quippiest
>and what would he say?
endless jokes about chilling out and phylacteries

His death / respawn quote would definitely be
>I love phylacteries!

I wonder what he'd say to Xul. Aside from "You sound familiar" since they both have the same VA.

>kill Arthas
>oops, sorry about that, master

>kill Uther
>don't you paladins ever learn?

>kill Jaina
>looks like I'm just cooler than you (or "was I asking for it this time?")

>kill Arthas, Uther or Xul
>did that guy sound familiar or am I hearing things?

youtube.com/watch?v=gjvlDUMWrNI
Would you cook with Gul'dan, Veeky Forums?

he probably puts too many souls in his food for my tastes

can I sub the Draenei soul for a blood elf soul?

no joke the brownies at the end look good

Who has the sexiest voice by that VA?

Four years, over 400 days /played on my main

I use Warcraft RPG (the older, better version not inspired by WoW) as a source of inspiration and lore (because, even if they declared it non-canon, it's better than most "lore" from cata onwards), but I use 5e D&D as a system.

I did the same with an online group, 5e was simple enough to bend into the classes we wanted.

Nexus-prince Shaffar, hands down.

Yeah, I'd want the actual recipe for those.

Here's your random what if question of the day:

What if WC1's roles were reversed, with corrupted humans high on fel blood invading Draenor? Maybe Medivh plays the Gul'dan role to humanity or something, I don't know. Feel free to make some assumptions.

Would Varian be their Grom, or their Blackhand?

I could probably sell me on a fel-power struggle, where humans invade and then orcs drink fel blood to be able to push the humans back.
I'd like to see how the other races of azeroth respond to humans turning into crazy hulks and destroying the land. I feel like the elves would be pushing humans the fuck out, they might not even want to go to draenor.

I have a feeling that fel-corrupted humans are a lot easier to kill than orcs. Without the ability to call on the Light, the humans would probably be even more hampered unless their warlocks were very good

Varian would be Thrall since both were children at the time of the first two wars (Thrall wasn't born yet, but you get it)

greetings stranger! I'm not surprised to see YOUR kind around here

Technically he'd be their Thrall

Fel-corruption might turn humans back into pseudo-Vrykul, that could put a wrinkle in it.

Explain?

Reminder that the Vrykul should have been smarter and more advanced than the humans.

How do you reason that?

Warcraft humans are mutated from degraded Titan constructs, giant warriors called Vrykul, that's probably still in the human make-up somewhere.

>smarter
Maybe they are, but never developed a decent education system because they only care about bashing heads.
>more advanced
If they weren't so preoccupied with hitting shit with pointy sticks.

I wouldn't say so. There is the argument that a society focused on war might develop quicker because they have to outrace their opponents, but let's face it, the Vrykul don't really have any opposition to speak of that requires them to advance.

Vrykul were purpose built cannon-fodder meant to happily jump into the meat-grinder of the old gods' forces with a smile on their face.

Thinking is Earthen work.

Yeah, but why might fel corruption do that? Just because it's mutating them in general so it might get shuffled to the fore, or is there something specific about fel energies and ancestry/potential?

Well, it's been used to reverse the "cursed" state suffered by the Arakkoa, and elemental/old-god energy restored Tol'vir to an approximation of their Titan-Construct form.

So, it's not completely without precedent, but it is a reach.

>15 years ago Blizzard releases WC3, introducing a new generation of heroes and villains in Azeroth

>today, Khadgar and Gul'dan are the most important people in Azeroth and Alleria and Turalyon are gonna show up in Legion

Blizzard is truly out of ideas

>Blizzard is truly out of ideas
No, they still have some left. They're just bad ones. Like putting the corpse in charge of the Horde...

Zul'jin coming back as the final boss confirmed then

>mechagnomes, actually. I think Earthen were intended as worker "caste"

Is it true we are getting a not-Drow race in Legion?

Well, Old Gods created the Curse of Flesh in the first place, and Deathwing was the aspect of earth, it makes sense he was able to reverse it.

To be fair. Pretty much all of the new generation is either dead, hated by fans, or about to turn evil. Hell, the same is pretty much true of the new new generation.

Yes. They are called Nightborne, they are black skinned, white haired elves, closer to high/blood elves than night elves culturally. I've heard, but can't confirm, that they also ride spiders.

There are also Fal'dorei living near them, half-spider, half elf, use nerubian models with elven heads.

Blame Kosak

>getting corrupted by the Old Gods turns the iron and stone Titanforged into flesh
>when Deathwing is corrupted by the Old Gods he has metal plates fastened over his original scales and flesh
poetry

They don't really resemble Drow much, except in coloration, and even then they're more of a navy blue than black.

I actually hear good things about their lore, even if it boils down to being an older version of blood elves.

People used to solo chess at level 70, just not like that.

Obviously. We all know Zul'jin is actually Sargeras.

Yrel pissed me off. It felt like she was just piggybacking off of MY achievements and presenting them as her own. FUCK YOU SLUT I DID THAT.

Literally the Kormir of the WoW universe.

Wait a minute...What is stopping Alliance and Horde from asking WoD Draenor to help them out against the Legion invasion?

Literally nothing

the fact that everyone hates WoD and Blizzard is never going to touch it again

If there's an AU Draenor, does that mean there's a corresponding AU Azeroth?

Absolutely nothing, despite Yrel saying "If you need help, give us a bell senpai" at the end of it.

....Who is Kormir?

A character in the Guild Wars universe who is basically the tag-along of your character, but in the end becomes a god after getting the kudos for doing all the shit you did.

I imagine that with the whole iron horde problem dealt with. The portal is going to revert back to normal. Otherwise it raises the question of what happend to main timeline outland.

>A great man once told me; In the Light we are one

What did she mean by this?

Y'rel didn't actually MEAN that, she was just being polite. Never thought we'd actually ask.
Like when a girl offers to split the bill at the end of dinner.

>Maraad

>tfw any Alliance character who threatens Thralls popularity will eventually be killed off by Blizzard

>Nazgrim
>tfw any horde character who becomes popular becomes a raid boss

Man why can't Horde just have a war council with the leader of every independent faction sitting in it? And their word would weigh more based on their races' power in the Horde.

Yes, but the brownies will taste sluttier.

>implying

>why can't Horde just have a war council
THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A WARCHIEF

>tfw Nazgrim becomes the TIP OF THE SCOURGE SPEAR, NO GREATER HONOR in Legion
Mograine's eyes are upon you

I will never get over the DKs in Legion.
>Dude being undead sucks, right guys? It's literally worse than hell and people would rather commit suicide than be Undead

>Yeah that sucks.

>Guys we should start raising people :DDDDDDDD

everyone needs to do their part to stop the Legion, citizen. Being dead is no excuse

What's the justification behind that anyway? Isn't the whole point of the DK's opening questline that they used to be heroes who have been forced to do horrible things?

Why would they start going down the same road?

yes