Do you guys think rape and vivid torture is okay for a setting dose it depend on the players and dm?

Do you guys think rape and vivid torture is okay for a setting dose it depend on the players and dm?

Depends on players, GM, and setting.

Depends on the settings, and the players. Use it as a reason for the party to fight some vile slavers or something. It's a touchy subject, and should be approached like thin ice

Guess I should avoid getting into groups with edgelords.

Demepds on the DM, the players and the setting.

>Demepds
*Depends
The fuck, I'm sorry.

I think if a person can't manage basic grammar, punctuation, or spelling, they have no place including mature themes in their game.

Might be good for backstories and revenge plots.

Depends on the setting, players, and GM, but insisting on explicit rape and torture is a fairly reliable sign of That Guy.

I'm 23 and hung over you fucktard.

>I'm not retarded you guise
>I'm just hungover I swear

I personally ban the two from my games, and I tell anyone who has an issue with the ban can leave. I don't like it in my games, I have no intention of depicting either, and I've never seen any player use either for the benefit of the game or storytelling.

If you don't like that, fine, you don't have to play with me. You wouldn't enjoy doing so anyway, clearly.

Banning both is ok, I can't honestly think of a mature enough player to do either with... any taste. Usually newbies do it to test out how far they can shit things up before the GM goes "well guys that's kinda out of line here, you're kinda more of hero-guys than this".

I'm mostly asking if there's a particular way of approaching the issue or if it's taboo, I'm planning of meeting up with a group and trying to be less autistic.

I'd avoid the subjects altogether if I were you joining a new group. In most cases, when interacting with a new group, it's good to act unobtrusive and observing their habits, learning what is or is not acceptable. Every group provides a new context to explore, and if you're looking to get along, you need to understand that context.

Topics like rape or torture, which tend to be frowned upon in society and thought of as taboo, are usually not good things to bring up. Remember this handy mnemonic for other topics to avoid in polite company: Religion, Abortion, Politics, Economics, and Social issues. Put together, they spell PEARS. Just don't talk about pears.

Thanks annon you're a true bro.

Yes, if you are running a remotely realistic game.

Life isn't fair.

Valar morghulis.

End of.

I prefer to just leave rape out of things. I admit it can have a valid place in a story if handled correctly, but that's just too difficult a balancing act for any group of gamers to handle in my experience.
It ends up becoming:
a) Underplayed to avoid making too much drama out of it, which is somehow worse than-
b) Overblown and used as an excuse for cheap angst, coming to utterly dominate whatever it appears in.

There is a middle ground, but honestly, I don't think that finding it is worth the effort.
Besides, if you're so fixated on rape that you want to go to all that work to find a way to include it, that's a whole new red flag.

>I tell anyone who has an issue with the ban can leave. I don't like it in my games, I have no intention of depicting either, and I've never seen any player use either for the benefit of the game or storytelling.

It sure is nice you are so open about your insecurity and the failings of your small minded friends.

I personally wouldn't have an issue leaving your game because you and your friends sound like the worst sort of beta orbiter white knights, and I prefer to associate with people with self respect.

Depends on the setting, GM, and players.

...There's no way you put them in that order by accident.

I'm not sure on what you're basing your conclusion, but your honesty is appreciated. Have fun in your future games.

Fix your grammar you mongoloid.

It also drinks.
>picrelated

>Ban pears from the world
>Start witch hunt against pear farmer's
>Nothing can resemble a pear, so ban fancy vases as well
>BBEG is actually a apple farmer who hates pears

Damn user, you're evil.

Religion
Abortion
Politics
Economics
Social issues

>This spells PEARS
Hmm...

I'm not sure what you guys are saying. Maybe you have deviant minds.

Next campaign confirmed.

ITT: People confuse mature topics in games with actual maturity.

Fun fact: in Brasil we say "fuck your ass with sand" when we go 'dry'.

you should pretty much never do it or insist on it.

Everything depends on the players and DM, but if you don't know your players or DM, or even if you think you know your players or DM, it's generally a bad idea and will make everyone think you're a fucking psycho.

After being in a game with a gm who loved to have gratuitous gore in anything he ran and had a scene where he had one of his DMPC's torture and kill a PC with a rib spreader, a magnum revolver with explosive tipped bullets and the butt of said revolver, I am not a fan of doing it to that level of detail.

We only had one rape scene in a game I ran or played in and if its a vampire on hunter in WoD, does it count as rape?

Prudeness is the cancer that's killing the human race.

Fantasys of rape between "friends" tend to be more extream and erotic than realistic its honestly. Better to use real examples retold than have a game where you can actually decide it. It just gets too weird n your left with that funny feeling of asking if that was even rape or did two PCs just have sex in imaginary land or PC NPC

Depends on why you would want to bring them up, is it just for shits and giggles or for story?

Fade to black please, and thank you.

If not a fade to black; then I am just going to stop participating until the game gets back on track.
Check my phone's messages, catch up on emails, reread the campaign notes, skim the rule book, take a bathroom break, etc. There are always better things to do than listen to a GM's gross fap fic.

Game of Thrones is literally founded on rape and torture.

>the hulking highland barbarians totally just tie the women up and have tea parties with them and rub mud in their hair, those devils!

One of King Arthur's earliest quests was literally riding into town to kill a giant man who was raping women to death.