Tieflings are NOT demons! There is no reason for a paladin to constantly cast detect/smite evil on the tiefling then...

Tieflings are NOT demons! There is no reason for a paladin to constantly cast detect/smite evil on the tiefling then request a search for suspicious magical items when they fail!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sLNOhA7C2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fixing her hair must be hard with horns in the way.

>Literally demon blooded
>Demons in D&D are factually embodiments of evil
>Heirs to a demon have evil blood in them.
Makes sense. If it looks like shit, smells like shit, but speaks like a frog it's probably still shit.

Is it another monster girl thread, OP?

Saying that Tieflings aren't demons is like saying that halflings aren't short.

Fun fact, I once played a tiefling paladin who was secretly reflectively racist against himself and any tieflings that weren't part of his family.

Do you want it to be?

Everything a paladin (of good for faggoty new editions) does is justified by him being a paladin.

Not particularly

>paladins "of good" characteristic of "faggoty new editions"
>the only edition where paladins can act with impunity without risking ceasing to be a paladin is 4e

Prejudice is just kind of a thing that happens, especially in worlds with many races and medieval style lives. Tieflings might not be actual demons, but people with prejudice will always make that connection.
A lawful good paladin should see by works, not blood, but even then if they were raised to believe one way, it will be difficult to escape that.

Well, you know, assuming they are fine with a gang of really angry Avengers coming for their heads if they piss the church off too much

I actually had this kind of predicament as a witch hunter party ran into these chicks who were super connected with a nature goddess and made potions to heal people. Now I was gonna let this go unnoticed until we found out the girls performed animal blood sacrifices to their goddess this entire thing was a big no no. Yet I still didnt want to kill them so I just placed them under arrest but for some fucking reason the GM wanted me to kill these girls and had one them summon nature golems to attack us.

I then had the other girls burned for if they could summon powerful magic like that a normal jail couldnt hold them and this had started a huge argument in the party

Indeed. They're /part/ demon. Or part devil.

I guess sometimes part daemon or rakshasa or something, those cases don't seem to come up much.

Yes.

Shhhh that's some scary roleplaying stuff you're spouting off. Around these parts, all we like are GMs handing down punishments in the form of class ability loss.

>Tieflings are NOT demons!

Correct?

Tiefling originally meant anything plane touched that was not Good or elemental

This ment:
Demons
Devils
Hags
Rakhashas
Yugoloths
Hordlings
Well anything evil yes.
Modrons?
Law creatures at least
Chaos creatures.
Including Slaadi

The church don't care if I kill a demon looking motherfucker. Heck, Tieflings are often killed by the midwife in some settings.

Fucking Tiefling Justice Fighters, infecting ever corner of our society.

Of course you don't Detect/Smite. Everyone knows it's Smite and Cleave!

>death is too good for halfbreeds

>Monster girl confides to elf that she finds humans creepy because their men are ALWAYS hitting on her.

SHOW US YOUR HANDS!
STOP RESISTING!
SHE'S GOT A WAND! SHE'S GOT A WAND!

>blood contains demons
>evil
>blood contains white cells
>not a member of the KKK

They cute though, you don't trust cute things

Prejudice keeps you alive.

Hesitating to ask if the pair of eyes in the dark is a lion gets you eaten.

Death was a mistake.

YOU IDIOT, WE'VE ALL GOT WANDS

Bah, we got rid of that shit.
They're all, to a one, a result of a pact with Asmodeus.
You know. Because otherwise you might get bored or something.
Thanks, 4E!

>Monster girl confides to trophy husband that she finds humans creepy because they don't force principles into sexual slavery on principle and work to improve society instead of just fucking and fighting all the time

>most other races are confused because humans don't wear a racial hat
>to humans, everyone else looks one-dimensional
>to everyone else, humans look schizophrenic

It's probably pretty terrible but I'm playing my own tiefling like a terrorist BLM person, and has framed two Paladins for vivisecting another tiefling as well as instigated attacks on paladins too.

No-one's caught on yet.

>mfw my Tiefling Sorcerer swore a vow of celibacy to himself so he'd never pass on his tainted blood
>the party is trying to convince him not to "be so hard on himself"
>he doesn't actually hate himself, he just doesn't want to subject his potential progeny to the constant whispers of "kill them all"

If your DM doesn't put him in a harem comedy situations every chance he gets you got a shit DM

If a party member suddenly glows evil, there's probably a valid reason to investigate that

Don't smite the tiefling. Headpat instead.

But that's not a tiefling. I mean, you should still pat her head, but it's not a tiefling.

What if the tiefling is a paladin ?

Sudoku.

Honestly I think it's fine to cast it once, when you first meet them but if your constantly following them around waiting for them to slip up then you're That Guy.

OP, just fucking kill yourself already. If you can't handle a little fantasy racism in your fantasy game, you are unworthy of the gift of life.

Technically your right, they are at most Quarter demons, average is 1/32nd or so. They are at least one generation removed from their demonic ancestor, most are even more than that. So by this point they might have a few inclinations toward evil, but they are more human than infernal.

Does demon blood cause autism?

Head pats, work like when you pull and press the flesh behind the neck of a cat. It kind of "turns off" the Tiefling

>It also contains red cells

I'll have you know that first and foremost I'm an Apache attack helicopter. You look at me wrong I'll blast you with my missiles.

Of course not. It can make you a conqueror, though.

>outsiders that are literal embodiments of the concept of evil, projected upon the universe as quasi-real living things
>humanoids with so little demon blood in them them, their offspring are 100% human
>this is somehow the same thing
Why are paladins so intentionally, absolutely ignorant of the enemies they dedicate their lives to fighting?

Halflings are only short comparatively. To other halfling, gnomes, and Dwarves they aren't.

this is a blue board you sick fuck

I thought were were all past this by now. There have been multiple studies that prove demon blood does not cause autism. Also, there are no studies that prove any link between demon blood and autism.

Can't he apply some sort of permanent sterility curse and then just adopt? D&D settings are almost never short on orphans, and they usually don't have adoption agencies that do rigorous screening and would reject him because demon blood.

What about Tiger Blood?

What would humanity's racial hat look like?

But they're related to demons, we can't have demons running around here.

a fedora

>implying the KKK are at all evil

>Halflings not AS short as Gnomes
>Tieflings not AS evil as full blooded Demons

Comparatively evil in a system where evil is a clearly defined trait and not an abstract concept, is still evil mate.

You're right. Clearly just Chaotic Stupid.

Because they are fanatics and fanatics are not know to be reasonable.

Because too many people who play them are doing it wrong. They are acting like Inquisitors not paladins. It's rather annoying.

Paladins defend the people, all the people even the people they don't like because they are people and that's what their job is. They are the shield and the sword that stands up to Devils, Undead, and even Tyrants from beyond time (looking at you Mind Flayers). They must be a bastion of good so that others can want to change, and be better, do better, reach for better. They must be better than someone who would kill a person just for being born with sketchy blood, because that being is still a person, more human than devil and able to chose and forge their own destiny.

I now want to play a Rakshasa-based Tiefling Paladin, although this is probably too special-snowflaky for most campaigns.

>I want to play the race that outside of planescape is considered evil by the common man, because most societies associate demonic appearance with being a demon
>But I don't want people to react as if they suspect that I might be evil, because on a meta level they should know I don't have to be

Tiefling is a religion of peace!

but not all tieflings have horns and tails you racist

Did it for way of the wicked in pathfinder. True, he was an antipaladin rakshasa. True, we may have done more bad than good in the long run. But hell if he didn't look like a hero doing it throughout the whole campaign.

I sort of love the villain that 100% believes what they are doing is right. Like Funny Valentine from part 7 of JoJo, fighting for America and no other reason, earning a 91% approval rating from voters even AFTER the atrocities he committed in his wake.

It's actually a racism thread but you can off-topic it into whatever you want.

Every time I read this I remember pic related

I like my Tiefling with horns and/or tail.

They certainly don't try to further Good-aligned actions.

"Oh no, looks like you've saved another damsel who has nowhere to go. A Dryad this time. Good thing there's still three rooms left in your Wing of the Party's Manse! I'm sure she'll do great things for the gardens.
>Fuck you, Kevin
>I'm going to go play Magic

Daily reminded, user, daily reminder...

More evidence that they are attempting to conceal their evil nature. What else could they be hiding?

>implying any arm of the democrat party isn't evil

Silly Tiefling, you are a Demon and you are cute too~

One of the first rulings I've made to a group of new players when we picked up 5e was "tieflings are not just demon-like, but more like 2e weird whateverthefuck mutants".

Now strongly considering making gnomes rare, but actually fairy that may or may not be changelings. Never liked the little fuckers as just another race.

Holy shit Maple, calm down!
that was good thread

As a third world dweller I feel sad about how the first world is doing.

Returning to Tiefling, I like more deamon tieflings, but mutant due to being a result of sex with another plane creature is a nice option too.

Let me play you the song of my people.

That's exactly what a tiefling would say!

youtube.com/watch?v=8sLNOhA7C2Q

>posting and playing cute sexy tieflings
>not the cunning fuckers that make grandaddy Asmodeus proud
>not bards playing infernal hot tunes and known as "Tiamat Priest"
>not paladins of great glory and purity, spitting on their demonic ancestors
>not smug anti-heroes who fight evil to laugh both at evil and shiny white heroes

Man, that's one smug tiefling

That is kind of a lot of makeup to be wearing under a mask.

I like teiflings that are in service to good deities. If only because the contrast of their vestments and their skin is so pretty.

>muh eeeedgeeeey

Prestidigitation, homeskillet.

For you.

I bet that guy has really poor upward eyesight with the horn rolling over the eye.

Do you suffer from premature explosions or why are you so cranky?

Detect Evil.

>implying there weren't PoC in archaic Europe

Can't really be a Pirate of the Caribbean outside of the Caribbean, matey.

Ok, but I'm talking about race here.