SS13: d20

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client. There's games other than SS13, but enter those at your own risk.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
You'll also want a BYOND account,which gives you a ckey so you can save preferences and be recognized by the game. It's highly recommended to make an account if you're experiencing connection issues or don't want to be a fat tourist/starving space bum.

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>How do I play
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter) and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC. There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game or being a dick. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>D20 wiki where?
robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/

>When does everyone play?
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: ss13.se/servers/2926/

>Who are these tripfaggots?
Usually admins/coders in the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

ss13.se/servers/3031/
d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44705099/#q44723180
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/tripcode/!2Code3TV3M/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!2Code3TV3M/
strawpoll.me/5815270/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>page 7
rip the thread.

>8 people on
>new round in 5 minutes
get in here

Still got a bunch of people on guys, join up!

The sec pistol is genuinely the best device ever invented. So many shitcurity and metagamers thinks it shoots lethal rounds by default.

>10 people on
I thought d20 was dead

nernums breifly considered just giving security lethal weapons and seeing how it played out

we undeded.

its not hard to break into the armory as sec and just load the lethal ammo

>tfw you fuck up a block of text
>tfw you go about fixing your mistake
>tfw someone walks over and hatchets you to death

rip pedro muggins
the fastest illegal immigrant to the station there was

Reminder that Lee bullied a literally autistic person so much it drove him off the server

bump

comeon we finally have people, don't let the thread be ded.

kek that could be anybody be more specific
im not even ashamed

Tuypo
He died for your fire hazard sins

>see nernums' trip in a dream
>check the thread after waking up

top fucking kek
is that a bad thing?

Probably, yes, it makes the server sound like I should avoid it, but I don't know the situation.

>every round me and him played he would metagrude
>every round he would screech at the top of his lungs over the radio for some minor occurrence "OHMYGOD LEE GOT THE FLOOR WET etc etc"
>every round he would demand the crew manhunt me and then take matters into his own hands when he got ignored
>and every time he would get shitslapped by me
>and every time i woudld say "i forgive you" at which point he would screech and spazz out
it was always a mercy killing with him but it was funny as fuck

but lee what about the barricades

kek
kind of miss tuypo actually every superhero needs an arch nemisis :^)

Bump
Screencap of how conky tried into catching things

>tool box lodges itself in the cut
what

Aiden made it so that sometimes a projectile, thrown or otherwise, will lodge itself into a cut. This way you can a have a bullet or throwing axe get stuck in your chest. It seems he didn't make a distinction for things that can't get lodged in wounds, leading to that picture there.

Remember kids, Bombs > Singulos

I'm going to change when items get stuck in wounds. Kind of ridiculus that a toolbox got stuck in a small cut.
Most concerning was the fact that the toolbox had no blood on it after extraction.

On top of that you may want to overhaul armor, as it's still kinda shit and based entirely around stacking the best armor you can to get immunity to damage.

>tfw your about to robust your target who got deputized in the brig
>tfw beepsky waltz into the brig at the last moment and stuns you
>tfw you get perma'd
being tator is suffering.

by the way a minor laceration probably doesn't need to be cauterized
at the least make it an option to bandage it a few times or seal it but people shouldn't be bleeding to death from single minor wounds

Yeah, I've noticed the blood doesn't clot or anything on minor cuts, so a single small cut can cause someone to start falling unconcious from blood loss.

also instant death upon hitting 0 blood is silly too
at this point random scuffles seem to be getting too lethal to the point where you need medical treatment if you accidentally get hit by something

and blunt damage needs to be less susceptible to make cuts or whatnot because every time I accidentally close myself in EVA's shutter while trying to run out of it I get a cut on me

Well the 0 blood thing is alright with me, but I agree on the thing about minor scuffles being far too dangerous. Just 2 rounds ago a guy had a small cut on his head and he walked around with it for a while, eventually he dropped to around

>when you're drafting trespass warning templates in your newly constructed security office that you contracted engineering to make with space cash

>decide to have sec pay me while other engineer Devin did all the work
>smash 3 buttons on my numpad
>Gordon empties wallet
>tell him centcom will add it to his debt
That's how you become the richest employee on the station

>6:55 PM - Nernbutt: i wonder if theres a way to make straight up signatures all cursive and stuff
>6:55 PM - Nernbutt: like actually signing it
>6:55 PM - Nernbutt: like if you were to write with your mouse
>6:56 PM - Skeleton Man: that would be retarded
>6:56 PM - Skeleton Man: so many people
>6:56 PM - Skeleton Man: would just use a small dick for a signature
>6:56 PM - Skeleton Man: it would be funny though
>6:56 PM - Skeleton Man: >sir is this your penis on this paper
>7:04 PM - Nernbutt: nobody would ever do that

I know I would

I've fixing up dorf for next week. Anyone know any issues? Also going to look into removing the rnd board package from cargo for dorf.

there needs to be an autolathe somewhere nearby the asteroid

having the asteroid as one solid piece of ground instead of a ton of split ones may be better

Don't let the thread die!

Anyone on the server right now?

ss13.se/servers/3031/
Would you rather I move all the tiny roids into the main roid or just fill space with more roid?
Why do you want the autolathe earlier?

Bump

Be cool if the space was filled

Also the lathe is a fair gateway to a lot of basic things so I think it could be nearby with a fair early game challenge

Hey, the server's got a few people, why doesn't someone hop on?

Never enough wires early game.

Moved a bunch of roids around, mainly to reduce space between them. So now there's not as much dead space between them.
This also gives us room to add a lot more content near the edges.
I also increased the amount of carpspawners and the maximum amount of carpspawn events. Up from 6 to 20
Also looking at ways to reduce the CPU drain of carp.

Bleeding is the best fucking thing

simplemobs in general need optimization if you're looking to making them lag less like a fuck

>1600 carp cause very little lag now
>increased amount of carp that spawn on dorf
haha time to plan defenses

bump

alright, let's try to play this again tomorrow at 7pm est, yeah?

Shit did I just miss a round full of people? It's just me now.

yeah man there was, lololofaen beat burning man the fuck up in a basketball match

Oh shit, were you on too Lee?

no, lololofaen messaged me, i was busy at work:

>go to work like normal
>boss lady who always bullies me shows us all the new cleaning robot
>i immediately call out that it's rogue, bully and coworkers look at me like i'm crazy
>grab a wrench off a nearby table and start beating it
>they pull me off as i yell for them to check its laws
>i get a short talk and then im fired

just more time for space men am i right henk

If you ever joined that'd be great.

but i found a server full of waifus

they all want me dead henk

my type of waifu

>playing colon marines
Lee why u do dis.

Nernums.
It's been a year.
Can you please unban me?
I'm sorry i disagreed with you in the thread and started a fight.

Post Ckey

N0B0DY-1MP0R7AN7

>when someone asked to be unbanned and posts as anonymous and without a ckey
hah no

Literally who anyways, I only vaguely remember him.

raging shitposter who much like wide bagel could not for the life of him figure out it was time to stop posting

Freeman it was a year ago in a single thread and it wasn't even server related.
pls

im not even going to bother looking it up and all I can remember is that you were crusading against some kind of perceived wrong against you over multiple threads posting unrelated shit and stirring up garbage until nernums just decided to ban you and hope you would go away

i'm not touching the unban panel for you

not even him, but fuck this server needs more players. if he's a shitler then ban him to hell and back but man fuck i just want d20 to be alive again

?
It was one thread and we were arguing about why firesuits should or should not have stats of a certain kind.
I was posting quotes of real life things, which nernums considered irrelevant because sci-fi, and when we had long stopped arguing i found out that i couldn't access the server because i was banned in absence.

And ironically enough this was two days after nernums had complained about overzealous admins banning people without warning or something.

I don't think one salt miner is going to make a difference but he can go ahead and convince someone else to unban him
now that I remember what it was actually about I have even less want to have you back on the server, you're a moron

unrelated note the RCD is getting a control scheme change so you can more quickly cycle between directions when you want to quickly build pipes or something
>attacking RCD with other open hand changes mode
>using RCD in hand changes deployment direction
>RCD's now accept parts of a matter cartridge to fill it completely instead of requiring that the entire cartridge fits inside it (IC reason because maybe RCD's are super futuristic and just magically break the matter off that won't fit)
>stopping RCDs from making R-walls (but will remove a lot of time it takes to plate rwalls with plasteel and allow the RCD to quickly deploy girders)
>possibly adding a stat that is a multiplier for build time, where the industrial RCD builds faster and makes potential for a small pocket RCD that fits in pockets/boxes but builds slower and with less capacity

Didn't you go full retard over some atmos shit?
>It's been a year.
If you're the guy I think you are then it's only been 9 months

He started freaking out over the fact that the atmos suit was resistant to fires.

I remember
He derailed 3 whole threads over a week, just him flinging shit at nernums and going full autism over temperatures and pressure the suit would be able to "realistically" withstand.
Best part was he was way off the mark with his suposed facts
It's pretty funny looking back, but at the time it was annoying

Oh for some reason finger prints are able to pass through latex gloves.

Does it leave glove fiber aswel?

Is BYOND down for me or for everyone?

>"A pair of sterile latex gloves. They're so thin you doubt they could stop anything."
It looks like they do that by design.
Server is down because its Thursday morning. Updating the code, compiling and then bringing it back up.

Oh well. When it's back up? I have 2 newb frieds who want to play

maybe 15 minutes

d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html
Serb patched, changelog updated. Sorry but I just tossed all my changes from the last two weeks unders the same day.

>He derailed 3 whole threads over a week, just him flinging shit at nernums
That's not true though.
I derailed the end of one thread and the start of the next one.
I also never flung any shit at nernums. You however called me autistic at every turn because i dared disagree with you.
I don't know if the thread is still archived, but if it is just look it up.

And i got the supposed facts from a manual for industrial firefighters and from what one learns in the safety course of some industrial installations.

I probably shouldn't have argued that vehemently about the topic, but i thought that we were having a (more or less) civil argument about something, right up until the point where i was banned from the server without even having stepped foot on it that week.

Find the archive and I'll look into it

So you wouldn't just look into it based on the fact that it was almost a year ago, and that i was banned without having broken any rules, simply because i upset two admins out of the game?

ctrl+f in the unban panel yielded no results
I would unban you for exactly those reasons, but I wasn't in the thread at that time.

latex gloves have a % chance to conceal your fingerprints but don't always.
>dared disagree with
the thing people didn't like was you were sperging out about something perfectly fine for way longer than you needed to
people finally were done arguing with your retarded shit about "muh temperatures and pressures and heat joints" and just wanted you to stop posting but you continued your silly shitposting

>trying to look in the archives for that retard's posts
>set board to Veeky Forums
>set subject to ss13
>set date start to 2015, august
>exactly 100 results
hahah no way i'm reading all this shit to find a retard in a haystack

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44705099/#q44723180
There.
I admit i was being quite aggressive in the way that i argued, but to be fair i was jumped by people i had considered to be really cool people, and i have a hard time dealing with that.

Well, i don't really like stopping arguments just for the sake of caring about people's feelings, until one side or the other has been convinced.

on another fun note
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/tripcode/!2Code3TV3M/
>6497 results found
wew nernums

let's play a game
can you find it?

ahahahah
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/tripcode/!2Code3TV3M/
>nernums hates mexicans and beagles

It doesn't look like you're banned. Have you tried hopping onto the server?

I enjoy d20 and vg station

>tfw people will now think that you are me

strawpoll.me/5815270/

No, that was Father Relaxe. He also complained about "star chambers", whatever the fuck that means.

that was someone else actually.Amanda Jung, I think

>Latex gloves only stop finger prints on a % chance
that's fucking dumb.

No it wasn't. It was relaxe. Same for the firesuit shenanigans.

Don't reply, he's just baiting.

quit shitposting