friends want me to run superheroes campaign for them

> friends want me to run superheroes campaign for them
> ok.jpg
> today they email me their characters
> a foxman that bites people with poison
> a straight Liliana Vess ripoff
> a guy who shapeshifts into a miniature jetfighter and zips around the room shooting missiles at people
> a "beemaster" who sends bees to attack people and sticks people to the ground with honey

Of the four I am vetoing all but the last one because it us the only one that even slightly appeals to me.

Why are superheroes RPGs always attract the chaotic randumb faggot crowd? It's a shit genre anyway and they only make it worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc
youtube.com/watch?v=JoGzecSHEro
youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc
youtube.com/watch?v=-kWW9luMD4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first two are trashy, but the third is comedy gold, and the fourth is proper classic hero material.

"I've been stung by a radioactive bee, and now I have the power of BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES."

If you can't handle an insect themed superhero who actually has powers related to their theme, an edgy furry, a shameless knockoff, and a transformer, what the fuck are you doing running a superhero game?

> Has a group of friends that wants to play a game with me

> Reeeee shit characters

user, either they aren't your friends and don't know what to expect from you, you're not their friend but a shitty spoiled autist who doesn't know what to expect from his "friends", or my personal favourite "This is fake and gay bait and the reason you're here is because option 1 and 2 are also true."

Because otherwise you would talk to them like a person and have them explain their characters and what they wanted to get out of playing them, and work with them to fit something close to what they wanted into the game.

Pain is used to much as character.

>Vetoing the guy that turns into a jetfighter

I ran a superhero game where half the players just made characters based on popular heroes.
Deadpool wannabe
two anime characters,
a cyborg who's super smart,
A mannequin with the ability to temporarily possess objects and phase through objects
and a guy who plays the drums

what a crew

Jetfighter-man actually sounds rad as hell.
I agree with you on Viliana Less and the other guy, though.

I don't see what's so chaotic randumb about those, and the last two sound like decent superheroes. Only one I would actually veto is the ripoff, and that only because trying to be a superhero while also being a necromancer is begging for trouble.

>tfw always wanted to do a superhero rp
>tfw anytime i try to join one, either everyone's a katana wielding kitsune or are TOO serious for my characters
is it even possible for there to be a happy medium in roleplaying?

> a guy who shapeshifts into a miniature jetfighter and zips around the room shooting missiles at people
lmao dude, that's a DC Comics character, the "Immoral Man-in-Darkness." Was a Chinese superhero who bonded with an alien spaceship.

Sounds like some dumb shit.

Actually it's gay as fuck and not at all conducive to an engaging story. Its a childish gimmick. It is why superhero stories are for fucking children.

Fuck this, I'm cancelling the campaign.

You are 100% correct.

Pop-culture "horde of zombies" necromancer, I agree with you. If you go with the older "spiritual medium" type of necromancer, it would work a lot better as a hero.

Of course, that's not what the player in OP's story was going for.

>Raising the dead
>Desecrating the dead
How is this even heroic
Necromancers should be put down like the heretics they are.

Did you just use "gay" as an unironic negative adjective?

Faggot.

So my players are in the ECHO (East Coast Hero's Organization) 76th Branch. They meet in conference room three of the civic center on Wednesdays at 7pm, right after Alcoholic's Anonymous.

The line up for non-player heroes is as follows:
>Puppet Patriot
A muppet actually controlled by three guys in black morph suits, dressed like Uncle Sam.
>The Delivery Boys
A duo of former UPS workers in their brown UPS van, use gadgets taken from undelivered packages
>ARM STRONG
103 year old super soldier that served in WWII, he's senile.
>Road Ronin
White guy with a Japanese made motorcycle, trench coat, and katana
>Skeleton Manny
Italian mobster skeleton
>Titanium Templar
Giant guy in a power suit riding a horse, who is also in a power suit.
>Salary Slasher
Former door to door cutlery salesman turned armed vigilante

Do these sound reasonable?

>Necromancers should be put down like the heretics they are.
As should all magic-users, goblinoids, demon or dragon-blooded, elves, unwed mothers, wearers of mixed fabrics, left-handed people, red-haired people, and anyone who cracks their knuckles.

But is he cute?

>who is also in a power suit
Titanium Templar best hero

The "-mancy" part of necromancy originally meant divination, not "any kind of magic." Necromancers communed with the spirits of the dead to predict the future.

Running with the "communing with the (lost) spirits of the dead" angle could get you a detective hero who terrorizes evildoers with ghosts. Potentially like a mix between Batman and Ghost Rider.

sounds like most Marvel C list superhero teams

OP you're an idiot and a sperg

Mine ended up with some better characters.
>Cell biologist turned superhero with not!magneto powers.
>Private investigator with magical powers and lots of non-combat skills.
>Barbowner with animu teleporting powers, regeneration, and a katana shotgun. Keeps the weeb down surprisingly.
>Owl from Hunter X Hunter. Dude is sleeping half the time due to 60 hours/week work schedule.

some would say playing games of pretend are also for children, so what's your point?

Also it's a fucking superhero game. If you're not gonna get creative with powers, the fuck are you playing for

>As should all magic-users, goblinoids, demon or dragon-blooded, elves,
Up to here is not bad though.

Titanium Templar's Launch sequence!

youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc

Dude jetfighter man is rad as hell

t. unwed mother. STONE HER!

>All these transformer fags
Turning into a jet might be fun the first few times, but it gets stale fast and is only useful in wide open areas with lots of room to maneuver.

Titanium Templar > The Delivery Boys > ARM STRONG > Skeleton Manny > Puppet Patriot > Salary Slasher >>>>>>>> Road Ronin

This is Canon.

t. child murderer

>transformer
No, I'm just a weeb.

That sounds just as fucking retarded as professional official superheroes like Superfag and Flash and the billions of other really bad clones.

>Miniature

You are part of the problem if you think anything on that list is anything but utter fucking cancerous trash.

I found Jetfighter man

Well, to make it more creative, there could be other ways to utilize the power. Like, instead of transforming 100%, you could just turn your hand into the guns or put a rocket on your elbow for ROCKET PUNCHES, or you could put wings + rocket on your back only for simple flight. Could turn your arm into a wing and use that as a shield, et cetera. I assume that if you're turning into a jetplane, you also have radio, scanners, and shit, so you could do something creative with that too.

>turning stretchy might be fun the first few times
>turning invisible might be fun the first few times
>turning into an indestructible monster might be fun the first few times
>turning into a human torch might be fun the first few times

I can understand. That one has the potential to go to some uncomfortable places.

There is nothing super heroic about a jet.
>Can't transform because in hallway
>Can't transform because In alleyway
>Can't transform because Bound with rope
>Can't transform because underground
>Can't transform because There's no 300 foot long path wide enough to rise off and be useful.

All this shit taste not loving puppet patriot.

>Barbowner with animu teleporting powers, regeneration, and a katana shotgun.
Sound EDGY.
youtube.com/watch?v=JoGzecSHEro

>Miniature bullets can't hurt bad guys
>Miniature plane can't carry anyone because no hands and not enough power
>Rockets are really like fireworks
>Get shot out of air by any bullet or any punch.

okay, we all in a troll thread, I get it now. pretendingtoberetarded/10

Did you not read the word "miniature?"

>Barbowner
I think he meant to say Bar owner

Is skeleton manny's power being Italian, a mobster, or a skeleton?

Both.

They hit with the power of regular sized bullets/rockets. Because of the Spee- I mean Jet Force.

Weird that you bring that up, I actually played a ghost detective in a mutants and masterminds game that did pretty much that. For direct combat he was more like Danny Phantom, since I took phase and ectoplasmic bolt

>> a guy who shapeshifts into a miniature jetfighter and zips around the room shooting missiles at people

it takes guts

What is the power level chart?

these concepts are JJBA tier

OP must hate fun

>Get Rope
>Put weight on end
>Attach to Mini Plane
>Re-enact Hoth Snowspeeder scene
>Or become flying mace

How do you scale powers in your game? What categories/classifications do you have?
Personally I have a basic system of (rough power description) + #. So a guy who could lift a car with his mind would be a telekinetic 4, while a person who could open portals of any size to any location within 10,000 miles would be a teleporter 10. Some are exceptions and given the number 11, which means they are the strongest alive in that category, 12 is for the strongest to ever live in that category.

op is a faggot.

What?
No other bee themed superheroes yet?

In my personal list of superhero ideas I rank them by the area they protect. MnM has it's own system for that though.

>Hurr, I shit on characters that are literally from all variety of ages of comics.
>Hurr, badwrongfun is being had.
>There's no way that fun can be had by a basic exploration of the various ages of comics.

You don't even inspire me to anger; you've bored me. You're boring me. And your probably going to continue to bore me.

Anyone got some good superhero game stories?

Bee master

>katana shotgun
?
Is it a katana that shoots or a gun that shoots katanas?

In my current game we have the following

Gadget using 1950's era "futuristic spaceman"

Batman Knockoff

Psychic ninja who puts people to sleep with a single touch

Alien Narcoleptic Birdman

A weather-controller greenpeace member

and an android who wants to be human and modeled himself after Data from Star Trek as his idol.

We spend more time (sleeping, eating, bickering) than fighting crime.

This is a troll thread.
You didn't even mention a system.

This thread essentially just straight up shows that OP and anyone like him is just an uninspired hack that can't run anything if it goes off the conventional path and is even slightly different. While I can relate to being irked by cloning a character concept, the characters all had potential to be interesting. Note: Potential. But of course, much like a mouth-breathing teenager, all OP sees is "SO WEIRDDD AMIRITE GUISE" where as actual GMs see characters and might already be visualising how that might play out. Easiest route out of many being playing this as a non-serious satire of the cape genre, but no, into the trash it goes, hurr please do my job for me and INSPIRE ME PLEASEEE PLAYERS I CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING MYSELF! I ONLY WATCHED AVENGERS!

Not to mention the fact that you already can dismiss an entire genre is a good tell you're not a GM, let alone a man capable of stories.

Literally nobody cares about your furry shit.

Yiff in hell furfag

Reminds me of Worm.

I don't understand why any other version of playing pretend is more mature than playing fucking superheroes.

So DC comics then?

I agree, DC is trash.

Duh, that's his weakness. If he doesn't have room to take off, he can't fly and can just wheel around very slowly shooting missiles. That's a pretty good weakness.

Yeah. Basically worms classification is what my group uses since half of us have read it.

A katana and the katana sheath turns into some kind of shotgun via transformation.

Secondary power: when you turn into a jet (I'm guessing a jet with the same mass as a human,) the tiny pilot can leave the cockpit and go out on adventures that require a tiny man.

Ain't you heard? Superheroes are for mature adults such as myself now.

>Its a childish gimmick
So in other words...it's a superhero.
Truly, a roleplaying sin if ever there was one.

> negative adjective

'pejorative'

u juz lernd a nu wrd

I just wrapped up a game with a bee master.

Good stuff! let them run with it!

Those sound like fun characters.

Could be worse. You could have a bunch of min/maxers.

I had a player make a superhero that was just a normal for the most part, but could go into an all powerful mode (described as Superman Prime levels of power) any time he wanted except it only lasted for a total of ten seconds, BUT he had the ability to turn it on and off in a faction of a second. Ten seconds is not a drawback if you can win battles in a fraction of a second.

The rest of the players had similar "drawbacks."

> not just playing Weaver Dice
> not forcing them to use Futhark Generator

Wonderfully dumb

Why did you let your player rip off All Might?
Why did you let him rip off All Might except exponentially stronger and without All Might's crippling boneitis?

Aquaman is the same and everyone loves him

>Not pitting them against The Day of Anger, a Muslim themed group of villains who want to bring death to the West in a single day

You should have your GM licence revoked. I don't care.

Thanks, I knew there was a word for that but I couldn't bring the word to mind. That's actually being bugging me

Nobody loves Aquaman, don't lie.

Aquaman is love m8

Microjet Man sounds like the shit.

Make it a harrier you dumb faggot.

How would you even scale that on a 1 to 10? What's the difference between a 2 and 3? Or a 5 and 6?

Just talk the jetfighter down to an attack helicopter and it could work.
Maybe even have them take on helicopter features like inspector gadget-style rotor blades.

>Potentially like a mix between Batman and Ghost Rider.
Damn, now I want to play this.

I know right; the image of three guys clad in black working together to make a muppet fight crime is hilarious. Just imagine the first time he shows up in a dark room beating up villians until they turn on the lights and see the three guys awkwardly moving him around.

you better bee keeping the bee master.

Every fucking time.

You should read the thread before posting.

youtube.com/watch?v=-kWW9luMD4M

There, the different one.

Nigga he's transforming into a miniature jet, I think we can pretend his bullets are lethal, his carrying strength is 500 lbs, and his rockets are goddamn RPGs.

Is vetoing really preferable over work-shopping the characters into something appealing for you?

Foxman like Batman, or Foxman like Manbat?
A guy that dresses up in a vaguely fox like suit anesthetizing people could be neat.
> a straight Liliana Vess ripoff
Why is this one particularly egregious? I'd expect a fem necromancer demonic something or whatever it is Vess is can be tolerably done.
Didn't somebody mention a jet plane transformation fetishest in a that guy thread last month? I could swear somebody, oh .
Why not just use a not-ironman suited or cybornetic character? Same thing as a fighter jet, just in a man sized profile.
> a "beemaster" who sends bees to attack people and sticks people to the ground with honey
this seems like a fun character for a comedic setting.

So, he's a super-villain, then?