Warhammer 40k General

Greater good edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Are you ready for the Rhana Dhandra?

>yfw Rhana Dhandra is a lead in for Age of the Emperor

So my space marine opponent claims that his tactical squads get to use krak grenades in melee combat because the rules don't distinguish between throwing and melee. Thus he gets 10 S8 attacks before my carnifex gets to swing anything. This is clearly ridiculous but he won't budge on it. Do you guys have any advice to counter this faggotry?

It's coming, my man. Eldrad's heading for the universal assfuck switch.

Would that be so bad?

Simplifying the rules would be great, releasing them for free would be even better.

If they bothered to do a proper release.

So, having the rules, forms for army building, scenarios, developed world and fluff, all prepared BEFORE the release. Or at least acknowledge the early release as incomplete.

And communicated with fans instead of brushing aside. Having a clear upcoming release schedule.

Basically all the things AoS didn't have at release and is struggling to make up for now.

Given that the massive fuckup of AoS release was under Kirby, and the fixing of that fuckup has been under Roundtree, it could happen.

Someone stop that elf.

Wait, what is this?

New Deathwatch codex, gonna have a thing about them and the Eldar facing off due to this fate business, the Eldar seem to be getting fed up and are trying to bring about the true end times.

>raven guard and white scars finally get some screen time
>only to be cannon fodder for the tau to roll over

fucking GW man

Interdasting.

I never thought it would be the Deathwatch that would stand against the bringers of the End Times, or that the Eldar are going to be the ones who make it happen.

Are the uploads current for Black Library releases? Seems to have dried up after KA torrents went under.

This is what annoys me about the Tau, they never lose anything. It reminds me of the zeist campaign stuff. Space marines group up and beat an invasion back, only to be quickly disbanded, and then the Tau reveal that was all part of their plan all along to take another section of the universe.

Kauyon and Mont'ka are not canon, though. they weren't in any codex.

Yeah, don't play him.

If it was less "kill the old fluff almost entirely" and more "transition the current storyline into a post-apocalypse," that'd be nice.

>post yfw the popularity of Tau gundams with weebs and waifu lovers mean we will see Tau characters (possibly Farsight) appear on Holy Terra and/or fighting near the Eye of Terror

>As the imperium loses Cadia, the tau sweep in and retake it from the forces of chaos
>They proceed to fortify it more effectively in a week than the imperium did over 10,000 years

user, they're not that good. They have a few losses on their record.

Well we don't have too much evidence yet, but the point of 'Cegorach will laugh last and forever' has me thinking that, plus the Deathwatch would only get involved if it was some heavy shit. With the stuff about the primarchs returning as well, it seems we're just heading straight into a new era of end times stuff.

It is less kill the old fluff now.
It's still a massive time jump, but that isn't actually as much of a problem as people think. Most of the mortal characters were already dead. Having breaks between the between the focal points of the story is something that can work, and has basically been the way 40k lore has worked anyways.

As they've been going back and fixing the problems with the release... I mean adding new content... they've built up more of that transition and fit more parts of the old storyline into the new setting.

>Farsight is the key to all of this. If we get Farsight working - cause he's a more noble bright character than we've ever had in 40k before

ok, first off, krak grenades are S6, not 8.

Second off, point out that only a single grenade can be used in the assault phase. (main rulebook errata from the facebook posts)

but seriously, screw that guy.

These threads are going to take a nosedive in quality more aren't they?

Also, the fact that the Rhana Dandra is literally the final battle against chaos in eldar mythology. If that doesn't scream "end times" I don't know what does.

>Simplifying the rules would be great

Fuck you, the rules dont need simplifyimg, they need tuning.

If anythong we need more rules, especially for ambiguous shit like multi-level terrain

Likely, we all know how the fantasy boys broke ass when their end times came, we can only hope that we don't get shafted that hard.

The Eldar have always sought Rhana Dandra, because they believe it's their only hope of being free of Chaos, even if it kills them. Of COURSE they're going to be the ones to kick off the Apocalypse.

The issue though, is why are the eldar attacking the Imperium if they want to bring on Rhana dandra, to finally end chaos? It'll be interesting if this ends up as a three way Imperium, Slaaneshi chaos(Which really needs some love), and Eldar. Hopefully we'll also get more lore on the civil war in Comorragh as well.

Should we start praying to the Emperor now or when the Deathwatch codex is officially released?
Chances that they're going to fail and make things worse?

>The Eldar have always sought Rhana Dandra
Eh? I don't remember seeing that. There's that Iyanden bint's silly plan to kill everyone to awaken Ynnead, but apart from that I thought Eldar were trying to hold chaos off as long as possible, and the rhana dandra was when they inevitably failed and got wiped out.

The rules are already very simple, it's just that their route to reaching that point of simplicity involves a complete trainwreck of writing.

>Rhana Dandra happens
>Ynnead comes alive
>Chaos gets dicked
Pretty good setup here

I though that Rhana Dandra was seen as inevitable, not something to be sought.
With there being a mention of trying to hold it off long enough for there to be enough Eldar souls to put into the Infinity Circuits to birth Ynnead successfully.

Does anyone else not have much faith in GW's current crop of writers? Especially after the thundershit strikes of Age of Sigmar, the End Times, and (your mileage may vary) the new 40k campaign books?

So let me throw this out here... If you guys think that the direction 40k is heading is an Eldar induced end times...

That means that Age of Sigmar was just a test for GW and now they're going to go and fuck up 40k the same way they did with Warhammer fantasy. For fucks sakes I dont want some bullshit "orruks" and not!eleves and not!empire and not!tau being spawned from some retards asshole. For fucks sakes.

>Especially after the thundershit strikes of Age of Sigmar, the End Times,
under kirby
New AoS books are much much better.
Not great, but up to the standards of the good periods of WHFB and 40k.

>the new 40k campaign books?
those were fine. Not great but fine, and a good way to add content to the setting and edition.

While I'd like some of the rules updated, I'd very much prefer a 7.5 update to full 8e rollout anytime in the next few years.

It's seen as inevitable, but I always thought it was still the eldar's lose condition, not their win condition.

1500 semi-competative Dark Angels Demi-Company

List building thread is dead as balls, posting here for help.

Company Master
-Artificer armour
-Power fist
-Plasma pistol
-The Eye of the Unseen

Command Squad
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Razorback

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Assault squad
-Flamer
-Flamer
-Jump pack x5

Devastartor squad
-Missile launcher x4

Scouts
-Camo cloaks
-Snipers

Dreadnaught
-Assault cannon
-Drop pod

Company Master will be with command squad shootan the dudes.

Ynnead was hope against the inevitable lose.
The eldar race was doomed to die, but in death there might be victory though the god of death born from the eldar souls in the infinity circuit.

There was debate between those who wanted to hold off that end to allow more Eldar to live, and thus die and enter the circuits, and those who wanted to start it now feeling that there were enough souls now and craftworlds, and their circuits and souls, would be lost as more time passed.

With the common eldar being told none of this.

>So let me throw this out here... If you guys think that the direction 40k is heading is an Eldar induced end times...

I think you mean Aeldar.

The real herald of Age of Emperor:
>The Wolf Times

Some of them want to hold off and feed Ynnead more.

Some of them though very much figure that the Eldar have nothing to lose and everything to gain right now, because Chaos is waxing, not waning, as it consumes more of humanity.

There isn't a copyright issue for Eldar.
There wasn't one for elves either if they weren't idiots about it, but Kirby was a massive fuckhead who among other things was obsessed with trying to own copyrights on everything despite having little concept for how the fuck copyrights work.

>Leman Russ comes back to find all his brothers and rejoin the Emps
That might be cool.

>Eldar-induced end times
>mfw Abaddon is such a complete failure he can't even cause the end times, the Eldar have to do it for him

It's too late, I couldn't care if it is. My only request is for plastic bolter bitches .

Nope, after they fucked my Black Templars Ive given in to 30k which has much better written stuff and its written 'in Universe' like the old codices so it adds a nice feeling of historical account to the whole thing.

Bligh and co are doing great.

So I just recently started 40k and I started with Tau (because shit I love mechs I'm sorry) and got told many times now that Tau are super cheesey and stuff.... and I don't really know why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I play for fun and not to win tournaments or something but I still want to know why tau are considered so cheesey and why they supposedly win all the tournaments and all that. You kinda have to know cheese to avoid it so I'm basically asking you what not to do to not piss off all my friends

>I though that Rhana Dandra was seen as inevitable, not something to be sought.

Illic Nighspear is trying to stop the Rhana Dandra from happening, you know.

Yeah, I'm kinda half joking with the Aeldar thing. I'm still concerned that the company will repeat the whole, "Let's destroy the setting and build a shittier version of it", fiasco.

>bombardment of fenris ends with DA saying "oh sorry lol"
>"it's kay dark angels bark bark :))"

a fair concern, but the ratio of good to bad decisions, and okay to 'wtf that is so fucking dumb', has improved a lot since the new guy came in.

Might still happen, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

The deathwatch are pretty dumb when it comes to understanding eldar stuff.

There seem to be quite a few factions in eldar society in terms of finally beating chaos.
>Iyenna with ynnead gambit
>Illic against that
>Eldrad for ynnead (I think) but not as fanatically as Iyenna. Also the most likely eldar to engage with humanity to fight chaos.
>Don't know if they're still alive in 40k, but there were eldar in the Cabal running the Alpharius gambit
Any others?

Eldar aren't the ones doing the End Times, you idiot. It's Be'lakor and human's impending psychic evolution that are causing. Abaddon and the Eldar are supply reacting to it.

Why do people hate Abaddon so much that they don't even understand his lore?

I think they're just gonna develop a few threads here and there, like this Rhana Dhandra/Ynnead/Ahriman reaching the Black Library thing has been a possible scenario for a long time, same with Helbrecht/Yarrick chasing Ghazghkull, they will just move a few stories forward and open up new stories like they did with the 13th company returning on Fenris and the Nids on Baal campaign. In the end its not gonna change much but we will see a bunch of lore scenarios moving forward in these campaigns.

I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing

because his lore is really really poorly presented.
Like the Black Crusades. The way they are written, if you don't look really into them, it comes of as him fucking up 12 times.
Then if you do read further, you find out that those 13 crusades don't have the same goal, and some do succeed. But most of them still don't seem to matter, and have no real connection to each other.

This could be fixed by having some works about long term plans, with multiple steps to be taken to accomplish his ultimate goal, how each one fit together, and with the 13th Black Crusade mentions referring back to the success of the previous 12. But that's not what they do.

I feel like they should know This. The Deathwatch Libararians should go "Yo, those jewels have Eldar souls in them". Maybe the Deathwatch is doing it as a middle finger and or a bargaining chip.

Be'lakor is a faggot and he's currently getting his ass handed to him by the legion of the damned who may or may not be led by the lost primarchs.

The real end times will be induced by the Tyranid fleet leviathan arriving at Terra and overloading the Astronomicon with their psychic field.

Trust me. My dad works for GW ;)

Yeah maybe, just feels like there's one poor guy in the deathwatch with a cool shield that just can't catch a break.

>Not praying to the Emperor always

Fuck off carnac. None of the hints GW are putting out are indicating this is fai'lakor's doing, and nobody's interested in your "IT WAS ALL ME BARRY" headcanon.

Oh, and try to actually finish your sentences next time.

>Then if you do read further, you find out that those 13 crusades don't have the same goal, and some do succeed. But most of them still don't seem to matter, and have no real connection to each other.

Jesus christ, you seriously can't read! It says on every incarnation of Abbaddon's lore that each Crusade is him consolidating his forces for the final 13th Crusade which is headed to Terra after he breaks out of Cadia. They are literal snippets of lore all pointing in the same direction and the 13th Black Crusade even starts with something like the forces of the Black Legion outnumber anything Horus ever commanded, nowhere in any of his lore do they have anything overly complicated or hidden in cryptic message for you to be confused about Abbaddon's threat level to the Imperium and the Imperium may win pyrrhic victories but Abaddon has always retreated with his objective accomplished.

>Be'lakor is a faggot and he's currently getting his ass handed to him by the legion of the damned who may or may not be led by the lost primarchs
Cool.
>e real end times will be induced by the Tyranid fleet leviathan arriving at Terra and overloading the Astronomicon with their psychic field.
>Trust me. My dad works for GW ;)
>mfw
There is one they fear. In their tongue he is Skree Skree Skree Skree, in our tongue his is Robin Cruddance, Nidborn.
That marine must have Whitestrake levels of elf based life form now.
I meant more so than usual, user.

Be honest. The stat system currently in use is a fucking mess. They could radically simplify it while preserving the same mechanical relationships.

Even if you don't want to simplify it, AoS is a much better way of presenting rules: core rules for core rules, and then all the special rules are explained on cards relevant to the creature they represent.

what was the emperors end-gane goal with the great crusade?

Endless human expansion?
Humans to be safe and happy?

They apparently don't know, if the entry is written from the Deathwatch POV.

Also, pic related - what happens when you make regular Eldar mad over stolen soulstones. If Eldrad gets wind of this it will probably be a bad day for the Deathwatch (or not, since SM only lose to Tau kek).

Be'lakor is literally called HERALD OF THE END TIMES. Serving the same role he did in fantasy. Not to mention that he guided Abaddon and shaped his destiny until Abaddon became the guy who will usher the galaxy to its end.

He is the one who is going to anoint Abaddon as Chaos Ascendant. Stay jelly, user.

>i'll never have a way of finding out if Carnac is in the threads without reading every post and finding his autism

It sucks.

If the rumour mill is correct. Rowntree has learnt from the trainwreck that was AoS after Kirby royally fucked it up and is going to learn from it. I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of AoS. To see how to work it with 40k.

The claim is, 8th edition will be streamlined, but it won't be AoS tier streamlined. The "Age of the Emperor" isn't happening, but the 'End Times' (Times of Ending) will happen. Except this time, the Primarch's will return and the Daemon Primarch's will get models. This is happening basically to make the FW models 40k useable.

Unbound Wraith Eldar

Spiritseer-70

10x wrathblades-320
5x wraithguard-160

10xSwooping Hawks, exarch, Hawk's Talon

Wraithlord w/ ghostglaive-125
wraithlord w/ ghostglaive, brighlance-145

I see nothing wrong with this list

> every incarnation of Abbaddon's lore that each Crusade is him consolidating his forces for the final 13th Crusade
that doesn't even fit what I have read.
Because only a few those Crusades are about him GAINING forces, with most being about attacking things.

>outnumbering
does not tie into the other black crusades for shit, because the one thing those did not do was increase the number of chaos space marines.

>confused about Abbadon's threat level
we're constantly TOLD he's a threat, but it feels unjustified because we aren't shown how his actions constitute the amount of threat we are told, because he keeps retreating back into the Eye of Terror.

> every incarnation of Abbaddon's lore that each Crusade is him consolidating his forces for the final 13th Crusade
and they do a shit job of establishing what those objective are and how they all tie together.

Literally the only shit that people bring up that fit together, and these are rarely mentioned outside of the lore for there individual Crusade, is the Blackrock Fortresses and Abaddon's weapon.
That's 2 of twelve. What are the other ten things he's done, and why do they tie together. And why is GW shit about presenting those tying together.

I'm still stuck trying to decide on an army. I'm torn between Deldar and GK and possibly Necrons, though I think my friend wants to start them. He mainly plays Eldar with some Orks and a few demons.

I've kinda settled on DE or GK through process of elimination. IG are too expensive in terms of $/point, SM are bland, Tau are overplayed cheese, friend plays Eldar, he's looking into Necrons, I know too many Ork players, I know a wolf player who's coming back, and that pretty much leaves Deldar, Grey Knights, Dark and Blood Angels.

Deldar I think interest me the most because they're pretty cool with some neat fliers, which I like. Sadly, I heard they're not that great anymore.

Grey Knights are cool, and I actually have a few old metal PA halberds floating around, though idk is that's what's used. My research says spam as many baby harnesses as you can, dotted with a few terminators or play another army. Don't know how true that is, but that's sad.

Dark Angels I think I'd want to go Greenwing, so I don't know if there's a point, but I don't think I want to play French vanilla Marines with red or green food coloring.

Why am I being so autistic about choosing an army. Fuck.

Belako'r is getting retconned though.

Basically the same end game as Leto II.

Humanity expansionism with very little to threaten it.

>not even using the good General Images.

>Robin Cruddance

Dont remind me please I dont want to sob uncontrollably today

Not him. But I agree with the user before. You cannot read. Please cite the sources that you have read about Abaddon so we can gauge your ability to read.

The bottom and to guide humanity through its psychic evolution.
I doubt Eldrad doesn't know. It seems pretty impossible to keep Eldrad in the dark while living in the same Craftworld as him.

Humanity to be united in the galaxy. His plan on Terra was fixing the Eldar Webway and basically making the need for Warp Travel null and void. Which would mean he could have cleansed the Warp without breaking the links between planets. The guy delayed returning to fellate Horus on Ullanor.

In the end, it fucked up, because

>MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG :((

Then humanity would have evolved into the psychic might with control and the universe would be ours.

>I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of AoS. To see how to work it with 40k.

well right now he's putting a lot of work into fixing the fuckups with the AoS release. (it's a MUCH better game and setting now, and there is still a lot of work that can and seems to be being done).
If it was meant as a test, they shouldn't have fucked it up on such a fundemental level. But I rarely saw a Kirby decision that didn't strike me as retarded, and the worst mistakes with the AoS release came down to failures to communicate with fans, and Kirby was universally awful at that and Rowntree has clearly been trying to be better at that.

Even if the lore is fucked when have we ever listened to GW when they make lore changes?

Nope, the setting literally cannot work without Be'lakor. He fills so many plotholes such as how Abaddon became what he is and how he got there. No mortal could have accomplished what Abaddon did without infernal help from an insider.

Sorry, user, but the Nidborn comes for your soul.

That's okay, Abaddon is going to be killed by the Lion anyway.

Thats a funny way to spell Robute

Not according the time travelling Daemon prince. The Imperium will fall.

You need to read Black Legion codex. It explains what the point of the 12 BC's were for. They're pretty nebulous and shit, but they're still there.

ONLY TO BE REBORN A REPUBLIC

UNDER ONE HOLY BLUE BANNER

AVE MARIA
AVE MCRAGGE
AVE ULTRAMAR

You know what I am gonna be pissed about if they do some 40k end times shit

They remove all the other IG regiments and just give us nu-cadians only

Setting seemed fine before he got here to me.
Rowboat and One Punch Lion Man vs Lord Topknot Ezekyle Abigail

Yeah. That's the point. Kirby was a retard. Rowntree is trying to fix so much shit.

Rowntree isn't perfect. He isn't even good. He's just what I expect of a CEO of a top company (relatively). Some good, some bad.

Had AoS started with the point system, it would have been much better relieved.

The first imperium will, yeah. Imperium secundus 2: more doubler than the last time will stand. Reminder that Lion outplayed fateweaver while the bird was reading his mind, he is anti chaos in perfect form.

End Times =! Age of Sigmar.

That picture. No Praetorian xxivth?
:(

Whoops meant to link to

>You fucked up so bad the Pheonix Lords came to kick your ass