/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Comfy Telvanni Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for clones.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

First for Bretons.

Post your favorite headcanons.

>Weekend

Third for Cyrodiil

As much as I love /tgesg/ I can't help but notice how non-weekend editions usually have very few actual discussion

>late monday evening
>weekend
But I'm not gonna complain.
Fifth for Cats.

I still discuss stuff. The issue was I was at work so there are periods where it's really slow.

how do khajit select partners? do similar type of cats breed with each other or do they mix? I cant imagine any kinda khajit having a go at the alfiq variety, its a fucking house cat

Why are Khajiit so comfy?

Telvanni towers smell of fungus

It's more of a Special Friend thing than an actual marriage. I'd imagine having more than one mate is normal. Also, they're probably mostly fine with it, but I'd imagine certain types are more prone to go for one type than another.

They smell like Telvanni bug musk, moon sugar/ skooma, and clone sex.

A cat is fine too.

Fyr probably smells of deodorant from a mile away. Guy wears Daedric 24/7.

>bug musk
fungus are not bugs
>moon sugar/ skooma
you N'wah
>clone sex
Only Tel Fyr

Delete this.

walked straight into that one

>Telvanni bug musk, moon sugar/ skooma, and clone sex

>Telvanni towers are hippie paradises where everyone is likable and free love is the norm until an n'wah arrives

This is more a game than lore question, but I figured I'd ask:

When you play the games, do you generally tend to make a 'main' character that follows the same race and stats as you usually play from game to game, leaving other kinds of characters for 'side' characters? Do you chose what feels most aesthetically pleasing depending on province, or perhaps what you think each game makes the most fun? Maybe something else?

And on top of that, do you like to consider whatever character you play to be the canonical hero, and your actions to reflect their actual actions? Or do you think each hero in the lore has some default version that does things a certain way?

I play the majority race&class of the setting at all times.

I consider it unimportant what the Lore has to say about my actions, since I know that I'm hardly breaking any established lore by installing a bunch of rape mods and such.

I was thinking of Tel Fry in specific. That description isn't way to far off.

I usually play as the race native to the land while getting a feel for the game during my initial first, then my main character (always a Redguard with a sword and shield, master of everything) usually do all the questlines with him first then move on to roleplaying specific characters

So, how Anuic are the Bosmer anyway?
I mean, isn't Earthbone worship essentially worshipping forces that further bind you to Lorkhan's prison?
I understand it from the perspective of the regular Bosmer, who'd rather be a elf than some unstable monster, but it seems somewhat incompatible with a truly gnostic belief. Especially the Thalmor must take issue with the worship of Y'ffre as a chief deity. They worship the "spirit of the now", which must at the very least be seen as some sort of acceptance of their current situation.
The Bosmer seem Anuic/gnostic in the way that they'd agree that Lorkhan is a cunt and that existence sort of sucks, but otherwise they seem more concerned with living in Mundus at the present.

Also, how do the Altmer/Bosmer reconcile the worship of Jone/Jode with the fact that the moons are Lorkhan's corpse. Do they simply refuse to accept it?

I don't think much about my player being the in-lore Hero, but rather try to roleplay it. At least most of the time.

As for characters, I tend to play a large variety of characters. But on my Arena and Daggerfall run I created characters that were meant to be relatives and fairly alike. I'm halfway planning a complete series playthrough with that concept.

I saw a mudcrab the other day, horrible little creatures

I normally have one main character (Always a Breton Mage-Bard) who does the questlines that feel right. A secondary character, (Normally a Dunmeri Spellblade) can do the other quests.

I never really think about it.

Anequina and Pellitine sealed the Confederacy with a marriage though, so at least the nobility practice marriage.

I'm certain a great deal of non-spousal banging goes on though.

I would kill for a water pipe that look like a Skooma pipe.

I'll still never get why there's religious iconography on it, though. It would be sort of like having a bong with Jesus on it.

>It would be sort of like having a bong with Jesus on it
Sounds pretty cool to be honest with you f'lahpai.

Thank Talos for dragonbreak editions.

Gonna keep me sane this week at work.

Yeah, but do you think everyone in Morrowind would have a Jesus bong?

>I'll still never get why there's religious iconography on it, though. It would be sort of like having a bong with Jesus on it.

But that actually sounds like a cool thing.

Why the hell not?

I understand Daedra worship has become increasingly prevalent in the Summerset Isle.

No but that reminds me of a mod I played waaay back in the day that brought Christianity into the game. If you accepted the mod's quest line you did things like hand out copies of the gospels to the various bookstores around and generally did early Christianity stuff like proselytizing governors and such.

Bonkers mod but it amused me.

Dunmer are religiously obsessed. They're hard up on that 'muh chosen people' shit. So... yes.

Hey. If god didn't want you to smoke all that dank kush then he wouldn't have created it.

Making a plant illegal was the first thing God did.

The details are sort of unknown.

Sure, we have Ahnassi and her special friendship, but that's kind of hard to make a general argument from. She's just one Khajiit, and a clanless outlaw at that, living far away from Elsweyr. Maybe the kind of fuckbuddy-arrangement she has going is common for the Khajiit, or maybe it's something she does personally.
The Khajiit are certainly free-spirited, but it's kind of hard to say anything certain about the extents of that. The Daggerfall Joke Book makes them seem pretty lewd, but that's just the folk jokes of a people half the world away, who also look down on the Khajiit. The Renrijra Krin seem fairly libertine, but they're essentially a terrorists organisation preaching hedonism. I'd say both tell us that the Khajiit are probably fairly liberal when it comes to marriage and sexuality, but they're not the sort of texts you get anything undoubtedly true from.

I'll be making some assumptions here, but I'd say the Khajiit probably pick their partners somewhat like how other races do it. We know from history that they marry, and that they do so for political purposes. And if all else allows it, I'd imagine they also marry for love. Just like other races. If it's money or politics that force the marriage, then how the people marrying each other look probably doesn't matter much. If it's out of love or anything in that vein, it's probably down to personal choice and preference.

1/2

>thinking bug musk refers to the fungus
get-a-load-of-this-redoran-cam

But I don't think marriage is as important for the Khajiit, and that sexuality outside of wedlock is probably fairly common and not particularly taboo. A reason for this is that Khajiit have an easier time raising kids when they first get pregnant.

If you're a lowly Breton farmgirl, and the Baron's son gets you pregnant, you're probably not going to marry him. And, you're probably going to have to raise that child yourself, hopefully with help from your parents. That makes life a lot harder. For the Khajiit, however, raising kids is a communal responsibility and the entire clan is part of it. So if you get pregnant outside of marriage, and the father bails on you, you're in a much easier place.

As for sub-breeds, the Khajiit are all equal. "Different but equal" is a very important concept for them in general. So there's nothing wrong with two different breeds being together, as long as it's consensual. However, they do recognise the practical side of things, and not all combinations of breeds can get pregnant. If that's a dealbraker for those individual Khajiit, the relationship probably won't last. If they're fine with it, they won't have kids of their own, but still participate in communal raising of children. Interestingly enough, (public) nudity is not accepted amongst bipedal Khajiit. It seems to be a matter of decency and practicality, as they do not expect Alfiq or Senche-rath to cover themselves.

2/2

>If you're a lowly Breton farmgirl, and the Baron's son gets you pregnant, you're probably not going to marry him. And, you're probably going to have to raise that child yourself, hopefully with help from your parents.

More likely you see the hedge witch up on the moor and your problem goes away.

He should make up his mind about that sort of thing before he creates them.

Oh it was only ever illegal for you, little human. The angelic races ate apples (or pomegranates) all day, erry day.

They also get super baked every night.

Why do Khajiits like their own butt?

Granted. Abortions are probably much easier to come by in Tamriel. There's probably also magical and/or alchemical contraceptives.
But the risk of "Having this kid is going to ruin my life" is still present, even if it's avoidable. It's just much less of an issue for the Khajiit.
Or, maybe it is. We don't know. Maybe the Mane has deemed having kids out of wedlock to be super haram, and we'd never know.

Who doesn't like cat butt?

If there's ever been a place for Jesus bongs, it's Morrowind

Hell, the reason they have religious iconography on them is probably because vivec thought it was funny

Is it really a jesus bong as much as it would be something like a peace pipe?

>not all combinations of breeds can get pregnant
Why not?

Possibly, but remember the idea that Bretons are constantly trying to be kings of their own hilltops. Having a bastard might be a good way to get revenge later, and possibly get a cushy place as mum of the current baron.

Sometimes the penis is just too big for the vagina.

Now you're thinking like a Breton.

We know that Khajiit of all breeds look the same when they are born, so it would make sense if their sexual organs would be the same size too.

No, that doesn't actually make sense at all.

This is probably true, all but the smallest microdicked human has a bigger cock than a gorilla.

When they're born. You can't expect a housecat to be carrying around a panther-sized penis without dying of blood loss.

And you can't really make the argument that they're all small either, since Barenziah certainly enjoyed some catdick.

Why not? To give birth to children of the same size, at least the wombs should be the same size too.

I always make a dunmer battlemage for my first battlemage.

Also, there's no way a elephant-size cat could fuck anything with a housecat-size benis.

Sure, wombs are probably roughly the same, but there's a lot more to genitalia than wombs.

In all honesty it's not that hard to imagine a housecat with a human-size dong.

Khajiit can control the size of their benis. Boom, problem solved.

>the only distinction between alfiq and housecats is the fact that alifq have huge cat dongs
Stop it user.

There wasn't really a problem in the first place.
>all newborns look the same
>wombs are roughly similar
>actual size of reproductive organs vary by breed

Goddamn it Goodall, we've talked about this.

But there was the problem of cross-breed impregnation.

It's not a problem, it's just the way things are.
Not all Khajiit can do all things. Not all of them can talk, not all of them have thumbs, and not all of them can reproduce with each other.
The Khajiit very much recognise that there's differences between them, and that's how Azurah has made them.

Goddamn it, where's that picture of the cat with the 'i recognize that bulge' shopped on?

>Khajiit cock discussion
Some things never change.

I don't know, it still tickles my autism.
Could Khajiits practice artificial insemination? Like, make a Senche cum in a bucket and then put it in a cat manually.

>I don't know, it still tickles my autism.
But why? It's just the natural order of things.
Think like the Khajiit. Different, but equal.

>Like, make a Senche cum in a bucket and then put it in a cat manually.
How? With a funnel?
Now you're just being gross, user.

Better than casting a water breathing spell and dunking the cat in.

I imagine they *could* but it wouldn't serve a choice as khajiit breeds are determined by the lunar lattice and not by genes.

>How? With a funnel?
I'm no expert in cat husbandry but that's probably not how it's done.

I don't think Water Breathing works in semen, you'd need a separate spell for it which I imagine is rare and hard to obtain.

wouldn't serve a purpose*
Drunk posting here.

Why not? Water Breathing works just as well in salt water as in fresh water, so I don't think it's necessarily the composition of the liquid that matters.

Consistency. Have you ever tried swallowing semen, let alone breathing it?

What would consistency matter? We don't know how water breathing necessarily works - it might work in honey for all we know, and a silt-laden river is only a few steps away from watery mud.

>using magic to breathe in semen
MK pls leave

I just love how a byword for weird lewdness is "MK," makes me love these threads even more.

Does Water Breathing work for lava in Oblivion?

goodall should get out too, and take his barbed penises with him

Anyone got any elderscrolls papercraft stuff?
Pondering if anyone has bothered to make buildings.

I don't think it does.
Water-walking works on lava.

No, Goodall can stay.

Where were you when the Dragon broke?

Halfway to Hammerfell

Don't die, I'll need you tomorrow and Wednesday.

If we don't let it die, we can't enjoy when it's alive.

True that.

Cleveland.

dumping some spritework for a minecraft mod I'm working on to bump the thread

alright I know this is more lore centered but post your current/favorite RP character ideas.

my current one is a Bosmer scholar and dabling necromancer who studies tamrielic history, mainly due to his own heritige stemming from Ayleid refugees who fled to Valenwood (I chose Bosmer over Altmer because they largely fled either south to valenwood, into blackmarsh, or high rock, plus I used Setscale to may him taller than the average bosmer so he is just a little shorter than an altmer in height plus very tan with copper-blonde hair and bright blue eyes)

He's invested his life savings to travel to Cyrodill and investigate his heritage, eventually I wand to complete the Ayleid king quest but claim the throne for myself.

>tfw my morrwind game is fucked so I'm playing Oblivion instead

Real Barenziah confirms existence of magical abortions, but afaik it's not commonly available.

Book Breathing Water details this, but is also fiction. It's more realistic fiction (like most fiction in TES) and gives you skill point though, so we can assume it's true. Basic idea is that water brething is about imagining water being air in order to use magicka to convert it into air undoing conventions of reality. It would probably work similarly for other liquids.