30 Years War Risk

>Title,Faction,Bonus,Associations must be in top signature
>quote all cited rules and say where they are on the map to facilitate corrections and deliberations
>all rolls must have minimum 1 line of RP to count
>must declare war to invade/invest
>must list all opponents
(if you are poland and declare war on Brandenburg and no other faction, spills are wasted. no redirects)
>must be the proper/minimum amount of active factions for bonuses to be conferred via HRE/Pope
>Kingdom bonuses universally conferred.
>communication between factions vis a vis diplomacy must be official to be ratified
(post must include title of recipient, message/offer, in message conclusion+signiture ((...ever humbly yours my Lord of Bohemia, -King Christian III of the Kingdom of Denmark)). Non official correspondence does not require this protocol.)
>Factions open on rolling basis

Starting OPEN FACTIONS
>France
>1 of the 2 non christian identified factions if you can find and name them
>Saxony
>Sweden
>Denmark
>Genoa
>Austria

You can negotiate/ask for an unlisted one

As always, good RP will garner 1 off bonuses.

*NOTE FOR PITNICKERS*
I did not make the map. my skills at design software are extremely limited. any history notes/corrections are appreciated.

OP starting as a very peaceful Pomerania.

FRANCE TIME TO FUCK SHIT UP

LETS GO! LEAGUE WAR!

Rolling to fuck up Poland.

you are in. fill in name correctly and with as historical a title as possible

I'll tate Austria thank you.

TIME TO PLAY AS POPE JIMMY THE FIRST

>I'll tate Austria thank you.
I mane i'll take Austria thank you.

Jimmy this time.

Ok dokey.

my first blessing as pope KILL THE FUCKING NIGGERS

gotchu

CLAIMED:
France
Austria
Pomerania
Bohemia

OK PLAYERS:

first rolls to here. correct titles and post poll required, no exceptions.

...this means you Carter, you single term son of a bitch. You have to be elected by minimum 3 factions. you do not have to play as a faction to be elected, but why a peanut farmer thinks he can win Pope by chatting is anyone's guess.

okay fags les do this

Catholic Netherlands, Allahu Akbar into France

ANY OF YOU KIND HEATED PEOPLE WANT TO ELECT JIMMY AS YOUR POPE

neither open. pick an open one and roll to here to be counted. read the rules pls.

Dubs get OP

Guess I need a trip.
I didn't look over his rules all that well since it was linked from the last bread.

Fuck off Jimmy.

Austria have converted to islam, and they want pope jimmy head, you can't eceap escape.

fuck off with the memery, eh lads? Catholics and Protestants only for now. Give the Sand Dindu persona a break for a thread :)

The Duchy of Pomerania declares war on the Kingdom of Poland. We only wish to enhance the well being of our population and we believe all good Catholics should support our choice.

Yeah sure i think i can play as a Catholics this time, but if jimmy becomes pope i will Anti-pope his ass to oblivion.

ROLL TO HERE TO START

Ah take bavaria i think.

Spills to venice.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE CATHOLIC LEAGUE THE POLES SHALL BE PARTITIONED 200 YEARS EARLY.

Find me a non-christian faction, and roll into an unoccupied territory

But all faction are christian, my queen.

any openings?

Fucking roaches strike again.

But i don't see the ottoman in this map

bavaria

It's dead pick another one.

They are there. Just not in the names.

Yes. read the OP
Counted only because of earlier post. must declare war to invade
you are Genoa. next roll will be counted
not counted. no declaration. no single tiny line of Role Play (RP)

If it is too complicated and you don't like how i am OPing, im sorry. this is how this game is gonna go.

Map reflected accurately.

ROLL CORRECTLY TO HERE

Hesse

>Denmark

You have to make formal declarations of war even when its not against a human?

Either way, thanks, and continue the subjugation of the poles.

WHAT, ah shit i didn't read the rules you put, i thought they were normal risk rules, if you want Roleplay then you i'll give you roleplay.

ROLL LIKE THIS

>Declaration of intent
>Action
>role Play line
(can be laced through declaration and intention)

The Duchy of Pomerania, overjoyed by their blessed success from God the Almighty, hold their peace, but will respond in defense should war come to their borders.

fine
yes. thank you
yessir. there are people and governments there, just incapable of organizing.

So what factions are free? The ones without a black dot by them?

I am the King of Denmark and wish to know who might my natural allies be? We would wish to keep our nordic traditions.

yeah, i guess. i wanted to start with preselected factions, but that is a bit much i guess. if it has a black dot, it is considered occupied.

So is that Autria or Bavaria that's taken?

Poles are gone. Pomerania and Bohemia subsumed them. this roll gets burned, but as a consolation, i grant you complete Vassalage rights should a Polish Noble arise...

We're /pol/ fags. Our risk games are incredibly lax about rules even compared to /b/.
We're starting to get fucked over by that as most OPs take very little care in ensuring a game is played properly.
Provided that the polish noble converts to the one true faith and rejects the blasphemy that is modern Catholicism I'll accept him as my vassal.

Claiming Brandenburg

Genoa >Tuscany > Papal States > Milano

>As the old king of Austria looked at his vast empire, he remembered how he made it.

>King of Austria had always had his eyes on Venice, the rich lands of treading will be excellent for his kingdom, so he rides his steed to his mans

MAN today we will conquer Venice a place that's known more for diplomacy and treading, more than war and courage so there is nothing to fear, sargent gather the man we march at sunrise.

Great Genoa sees the future threat of neighbouring kinsmen and decides to slay them first.

(RP)

yeah, i like playing with you guys anyway, but i keep getting banned. i know no one wants to work for gratification, but this goddamned bread is being run proper.
ok. roll to heresorry mang. gotta roll correctly to be counted. formal declaration of war. sorry m8

for /pol players
"If you build it, they will come"

yeah guys, if you want fast paced story lite, go here! looks good and i'll see you next time i hope.

I am going to continue here.

My lord, King of Austria - Brandenburg would endorse you as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, and encourage others to do likewise.

Great and noble Duke, we heartily recommend that you join us in endorsing a Catholic Emperor.

Prince Brandon musters his men to march on Lutheran Saxony, their faith a mockery of our Christian doctrine.

I will consider your request. I am amenable, but i must convince the Nobility of the newly formed greater Pomeranian region.

>King of Austria never cared much for titles and nobility, he was a warrior who belonged on the battlefield, but as he got support people around him he grasped the opportunity and calmed the holy roman throne

I am much obliged for your support Prince Brandon of Brandenburg, may we together show the people the light of christ.

We of Pomerania will endorse King Leopold of Austria as a Catholic Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, but we retain the choice to go to War on independent counsel.

My Lord General of the Hessian Army, I write to you of a matter most grave that concerns our most Holy and Roman Empire.

We stand unled, wracked by religious tensions, and it is my feeling that we need to pull together to ensure the Legacy of Rome is not forgotten and laid to ruin.

As such, I implore you one ruler to another to endorse the Catholic King of Austria as our Emperor, to stand united in Christ against all who would oppose us.

Yours in faith,
Prince Brandon of Brandenburg

With fall of the Polish Kingdom to the Duchy of Pomerania and the Kingdom of Bohemia, the fragile stability of the German Territories was throne into doubt and chaos.

Saxony was consumed by the forces of Brandenburg, and the leaders of Genoa fled from their seats of power. Rulers in Hesse and Denmark made their calculations and plans for potential campaigns, and the Kingdom of Austria began to invest the northern provinces of Italia.

The Electors of Brandenburg have made entrities to the King of Austria to become the New Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, but he lacks the full support required for such a bold move. With the Catholics dominant in the region, a potential Pax Catholica was in the offing...

The Duchy of Pomerania declares war on the Kingdom of Bohemia. We will take only the territories they have unlawfully occupied in the former Kingdom of Poland. We will not cross traditional boundaries between former Poland and Bohemia.

Can Jimmy Still run for pope?

You need at least 3 votes.

will you vote for me friend

I would have thought the Papal State would begin as Pope, no?

If Jimmy rules the Papal State, Brandenburg will vote for Pope Jimmy, and encourages his neighbours to do likewise.

I guess Ill play as the papal states

>With his continues victory at venice, the supporters of the grow, but not all was happy with the king success, particularly the state of Bavaria a long rivel of the king, they have insulted king of Austria called him a barbaric not fit to rule, and so on that day king of Austria marched his men to Bavaria.

BHA, those weak bavarian dare challenge me, i will make short work of them.

If you take a historically acurate title and actually play, i will vote for you. No variations on Jimmy. look up Pope names on Google. and fucking pics if you really need to pic spam to be yourself :/

roll to the mupdate. you need at least three Yes votes to ascend.

>supporters of the grow
"supporters of the king grow"

I Cardinal Hilarius I am the sole member of the Papal States, and I appreciate any votes

A motion is made by the Papal States to elect Hilarius I as a candidate for the position of Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.

Three affirmative responses by Catholic identified countries must be linked to this post for him to ascend...

Prince Brandon is ecstatic about his victory over the larger state of Saxony, and is said to be seen drinking to exuberance with his advisors.

But soon enough, he once again comes before his troops, dividing them into two armies, one slightly larger than the other and each led by an ambitious noble commander.

The larger force is told to march to the new southern border of Brandenburg through newly-conquered Saxony, and the smaller is sent northward, each with sealed orders to be opened upon arrival.

The larger force is to invade Wurtemburg without mercy, subjugating the protestant nation in the name of Prince Brandon.

The smaller force is to march into Mecklenburg, similarly showing no restraint in the purging of the heretics from the Holy Roman Empire.

Prince Brandon writes his declarations of war to the rulers of Wurtemburg and Mecklenburg only after his armies have left, to give his rivals less time to prepare.

Prince Brandon of Brandenburg endorses Cardinal Hilarius I for the Papal seat, and begs that he bless his military campaigns against the heretics in the Empire.

>king of Austria was a man of faith, who will protect the name of christ at any cost, yet he has always felt uneasy around the pope, he felt he was not as faithful as he claimed, that cared more about his personal interest than that of the people, yet he didn't want to question the pope as the king cared more about war and honor, so he simply elected the next pope Hilarius and continued his campaign.

A stunning victory, Prince! Your foes fall to you like chaff falls from blessed grain.

>The generals of Pomerania's distributed armies send a flurry of letters back and forth.
>In the span of a fortnight, the armies gather on the western border between Brandenburg and Pomerania.
>The Duke orders a representative of the combined armies to meet him at a small, unremarkable estate under the direct control of the Estate Duchy.
>What was discussed is unknown.
>Soon after, the most senior military commander is dismissed, and the brother of the Duke, Beric of Warsaw, is placed in supreme command

Our kingdom will stand still as our catholic neighbors have been defeated.
>Aid the HRE
>Support Austria for Emperor.

With the consent of the King of Austria, the prospective Emperor, Duke Beringer sends messages of affirmation to the Papal States.

fellow catholics The Waiting Pope Hilarious asks all members of the catholic faith to send their leaders to Rome so that we may have a peaceful meeting

If Poland is indeed now protestant I have no need for unlawful territory.
Ill cede it.

>With the last function supporting the king, he is free to take the throne of the empire.

>And so the king travel to rome, where he is to be blessed by the Pope, and crowned the emperor of the holy roman empire.

Tidings of joy sweep through Catholic Europe as the news of the ascension of Hilarious I to Papal Status is proclaimed!

The King of Austria stand on the precipice of being crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. All Catholic or Protestant German States must confirm their support or lack thereof TO THIS POST for the coronation to proceed.

In a stunning move, both Brandenburg and Pomerania sweep through their targets of conquest, both fast on their way to Kingdom status. But these young rulers share a border, and the increasingly isolated Protestant Kingdom of Bohemia stands little to gain if these rulers remain at peace...

>Brandenburg and Bohemia get a one time +1 to their roll
(not their T count)

His Holiness Pope Hilarius asks for all the monarchs of catholic europe to make their journey to Rome

The Duchy of Pomerania sets sail for the lands of Sweden. War is declared on Sweden and Denmark.

I, Duke Beringer of Pomerania, do swear and affirm my support for the ascension of King Leopold of Austria. May he usher in a thousand years of peace, prosperity, and power, blessed by the Pope and supported by all true born German men.

>upon receiving the summons from Pope Hilarious I, the Duke gathers his closest advisors for a secret congress
>a day and a night later, the Duchess of Pomerania and 1000 horsemen march towards the Papal States under i banner of peace, paying homage in each Protectorate to the dominant ruler.

My fellow brothers I hail from the southern parts of Europe were such conflicts do not exist, please from all of your point of views what is the conflict that is happening in central europe

>While the king of Austria waits at Rome, for the confirmation of support from all the Catholic States, he orders his generals at Venice and Bavaria to continue his campaign there, the king feels sad for not being there with his man, but his honored to be at the city of legends Rome.

Your Holiness, i do not presume to speak for others, but i will tell you the perspective of Pomerania.

The Prince of Brandenburg has terrorized his way through his Protestant neighbors and taken their lands for himself. As they are not Catholic, we see no reason to prevent his aspirations. The King in Bohemia, sacrilege aside, has proven to be honorable and wise. The King in Austria is soon to be crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, and with him we hope a just peace will follow.

Ever your faithful servant,
-Duke Beringer

Prince Brandon of Brandenburg sends word to Pope Hilarius I that he will be glad to travel to Rome, and begins preparations to leave on this most holy pilgrimage.

However, before he leaves, he instructs his generals to marshal all forces on the south-western border, and gives them a declaration of war that they are to deliver in person to the ruler of the Palatinate of the Rhine.

They are told in no uncertain terms that the invasion must begin immediately after they receive the declaration.

>76543
Sick.

ay the holy trips the lord must be on his side
His Holiness gives All the good catholic leaders his blessing to subjugate any European that does not follow our faith

You can also roll for Ts if you want.

Mupdate incoming...

his holiness wishes to fill the state of genoa into the papal states

Before long, Prince Brandon arrives in person to Rome, kneeling before God's Representative on earth and kissing his ring in supplication.

"Most Holy Father," he begins, "I must tell you the state of the Empire is not as great as it ought to be to face the threat of the enemies of Christendom."

"We are torn by heresy and protestantism - but I have worked tirelessly to stamp it out."

"The rulers of Saxony, Mecklenburg and Wurtemburg - each of whom defied the will of the Church - have each been brought back into the fold. I have done this in your name, Your Holiness, and in the name of our Lord God the father in Heaven, and I await your instruction in the further action to be taken against the heresies of the Christian world."

An Emperor in Austria and a Pope in the Papal States... Protestants around Europe feel their blood run cold in their heretical veins.

The Prince Brandon assures his name in the pages of history when he subsumes the Palatinate of the Rhine into the Protectorate of Brandenburg. His army has known no defeat.

The freshly minted Pope sends his expensive mercenary army into Genoa, taking a territory of Milano in the process.

The new Emperor of the Holy Roman Army King Leopold's forces subsume the principalities of Venice and Bavaria.

The King of Bohemia has not been seen since he withdrew his forces from their former holdings in the former Kingdom of Poland.

REMEMBER:
>there are bonuses for kings
>HRE can confer a bonus
>Pope can confer a bonus
>Pope can order catholic nations to declare war

Bonuses must be in Sig to be counted.

Pomerania continues its victorious march through Scandinavia.

>Duke Beringer is unsettled by the growing power of Brandenburg and the militant new Pope in the south.
>Secret correspondence is sent to more than one Principality and Kingdom across Europe

His holiness wishes to continue spreading into genoa,
His Holiness wishes to grant his blessing to any state that is willing to purge Europe of its Heretics

for you arriving in such Haste i give you my blessing my child, i hope you bring saxony and wurtemburg to their knees and make them catholic once more

here was our game we played in parallel

love these. good speed too.

Thank you, Your Holiness.

I will work tirelessly to make these states Good and Catholic once more, even more so with your beneficent Blessing.

I recently received word that my men have subdued their fourth Heretic state - and as such I was wondering if you would do me the great honour of investing me as King of Greater Brandenburg and giving me leave to invade the Netherlands, as they have turned to heretical Calvinism.

My Emperor, I ask that you give me your bonus in order that I might expand your great Empire.

My Lord, er, Your Grace, you needs must only declare yourself king!

Congratulations, your Grace!

But of course it would warm my heart to be crowned by God's Representative on earth.

his holiness would be more than pleased to crown your head with the Holy Crown of the two eagles