Is surrounding the Emperor with skulls when he's a skull now bullying...

Is surrounding the Emperor with skulls when he's a skull now bullying? Maybe he hasn't been able to pull himself back together because he's depressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why am I incapable of viewing that image without thoughts of Centurions?

Because Emperor TTS has a more compelling story and better characterization than actual WH40K.

Do people actually believe it would resemble anything like this in-cannon? All of these artists' rendition shit, official or not, I have yet to see an actual physical description of the emperor seated on his throne. Is he still there in his power armor? Is the golden throne a euphemism for his mangled bodied being in a vat?

It's an actual throne.

Is it?
It's always said that the emperor sits "within" the golden throne, not "on" it.

I mean, it's also a psychic amplifier and a life-support system, but it's still a chair, too.

So it'd be more like Professor X's hover chair from the 90's with cerebrospinal attached to his head?

You mean like, the throne has it's own in-built cybercrown? Yeah I can see that happening.
Though any massive eldritch engine of mad science with a golden throne in the middle and a corpse plopped in top is accurate enough.

>The Emperor is actually Khorne.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

YOU FOOLS

The Golden Throne is the entire room and shit in the Palace. It's nestled at the heart of the palace and is a fuckhuge psychic amplifier super computer warp thing. He sits within it as the main chamber is surrounded by a fuckton of elaborate golden mechanical and computer bullshit. Also flying servitor dead babies fly around the place and chill in the rafters.

Do you know who I am?

So what was the original purpose of the Golden Throne? I always thought it was said the Emperor discovered it on Terra and decided to build the Imperial Palace around it. Is it some ancient aliens shit?

It was a human webway portal

But how? Did humans even know of the webway's existence during the DAoT?

Big E was all like "Those Eldar assholes have webways that let them warp travel without as many risks as we take. We need that." So he tried to build a human webway in the palace.

Then Tzeench tricked Magnus into trying to be helpful and you know the rest.

The Emperor didn't build the Golden Throne though

No, but it was built around the opening of the incomplete webway and Big E was stuck on top of it to basically act as a gaint psychic cork to keep the deamons off of Terra from what I've been led to understand.

>Maybe he hasn't been able to pull himself back together because he's depressed.
Horus did tear him apart. And after everybody betrayed him, he's fed up with this world.

>You're tearing me apart Horus
>He's fed up with the world

Please tell me this was unintentional

I cannot tell you, it's confidential.

delet this heretical picture

>not wanting to behold the glorious visage of mankind's lord and master

delet this!

The Emperor walks among us

It's sad how true this is.

Somehow manages to look less healthy than the current skelly emprah.

(Why does the emperor need purity seals on his stuff if he's humanity's spiritual font of purity? There's literally none purer.)

To keep the purity in.

Isn't that the opposite of what he wants? His purity should wash over humanity like a great wave, keeping out demons and whatnot.

Purity comes from within, corruption from without.

It was seemingly a device built to take advantage of the Webway and had a predecessor called Dark Glass. The Emperor found it in Asia.

Correction, it only allowed humans to make use of existing Webway tunnels if a powerful enough psyker was present.

I could see a human discovering the Webway portal on Earth during the DAoT. In fact the above stuff about the purpose for the Golden Throne and Dark Glass seems to suggest such.

It never made sense to me that chaos cultists always used that as an insult.

>Hey, Corpse-worshipper! If the emperor is so powerful, why hasn't he left his throne yet?
>Hey butt-breath, if Khorne loves combat so much, why hasn't he left his bloodbag couch?

I always thought of the purity seals as a "passed inspection at date XXXXXX-XX-XX" sort of thing.

ahhh, this must be the skull throne i've heard so much about

The people who say that are referring to an entirely different skull throne.

I thought they were, like, spiritual boasts. Before the battle of Hurrdurr IV, the chaplain gives you a seal that says "this motherfucker is so pure he survived the battle of Hurrdurr IV." If you die, you weren't sufficiently pure. If you live, you get to have it laminated and keep it on your armor forever.

But how could it pass inspection when it has that fatal flaw which seeps power?

He's just a priest of Nagash.

Hahaha! What a story, Matt!

Fucking Magnus, if not for him the Emperor might have actually fought in the Heresy. Even if he was crippled, just put him in a Titan sized Dreadnought.

Clearly, what the Administratum need to do is a campaign of positive encouragement.

Ban skulls. Mandatory redecoration for all areas of hive cities in bright, cheerful colours. Redecoration of the Imperial Palace not with miserable eagles, but kittens.

Warhammer 40Kitties. "In the Far Future, there is nothing but optimism."

Now be fair , the bar Emperor TTS had to suprass was very low.

Much like the seals on the Magna Carta, theyre probably oaths of allegiance. Afterall thats what a purity seal is, an oath of purity.

No?

I don't know man, Emps sure does love his eagles....

>anyone who sits on a chair is Khorn.

Heres one for ya.

Khorn is actually a manifestation of the Emperor.

>Also flying servitor dead babies fly around the place and chill in the rafters.

Yeh them things.

They used to scare the fuck out of me when i was only 12 and getting into warhammer.

Why can't the emperor be cured again?

They are oaths of moment. They say shit like "I'm gonna plow this daemon in the butt so hard he dies" and their captain bestows it upon them before battle. Then they have to do that thing.

Because we won't let him die and his soul has been directly exposed to the warp for the past 10,000 years trying to hold back the warp from Terra, and it has been fragmenting with his efforts for all this time.

I don't like it though. Just because it is a story doesn't mean it's a good story, and the characterization isn't funny in a way I find humorous.

Horus channeled all the wrath of the Four Gods through the only blow he could connect against Emps, which is pretty much like being hit by a vorpal malboro breath made by a hulked out Hellraiser cenobite wearing the One Ring and all the Lantern corps rings in the same hand in which the Infinity Gauntlet is fitted.
The wound wasn't physical but also psychic.

I think removing the eagles is a bad call. John Empcorn really likes them. Maybe put kittens next to/riding on the eagles, see how that works out.

That's only for the Howling Griffons. For most chapters, it's actually a sign that you did something. So the purity seals might be listing off all the Big E's major deeds since the Great Crusade.

1. Kept humanity alive.
2. Got the Sisters to kill a dickbag.

I'm not sure that's true. I know that in the Horus Heresy novels the Luna wolves do what I said as well. I kind of remember Ultramarines doing the same.

You don't have to tell me twice! But during the dark age of technology...!

>positive encouragement

>At the top of the stairs, we entered the blessed cool of the streets, where the shadows of the buildings fell across us. It was nearly midday, and Ecclesiarchy choirs were singing from the platforms that topped the high, slender towers. Bells were chiming, and yellow sapfinches were being released by the thousand from basket cages in the three city squares. The thrumming ochre clouds of birds swirled up above us, around us, singing in bewilderment. They were brought in each day, a million at a time, from gene-farm aviaries on the coast, where they were bred in industrial quantities. They were not native to this part of Orbul Infanta, and would perish within hours of release into the parched desert. It was reported that the plains around Ezropolis were ankle-deep with the residue of their white bones and bright feathers.

>But still, they were the symbol of undertaking and setting forth, and so they were set loose by the million to certain death every midday. There is a terrible irony to this which I have often thought of bringing to the attention of the Ecclesiarchy.

That seems honestly kind of scary in of its own right.

For all of 40k's over the top grimdarkness, it doesn't exactly lie to you. What you see is what you get.

Replacing that with 'EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY' and 'YOU ARE NOT REPLACEABLE' just seems to rub salt in the wound that is the life of the average Imperial citizen.

That's the kind of stupid bullshit the emperor would hate if he was in a position to tell people to cut it out.

>HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN WASTE NOT WANT NOT?
>WHY ARE YOU SPENDING ALL THIS TIME ON STUPID RITUALS YOU COULD SPEND SAVING COUNTLESS PLANETS
>I LIKE THE ACTIVE SERVICE, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEEL GUILTY OVER SHIT THAT HAPPENED MILLENIA AGO AND DIE IN DROVES FOR IT
>THE DARK ELDAR AND CRAFTWORLD ELDAR ARE DIFFERENT, STOP FIGHTING ONE WHEN IT'S THE OTHER THAT FOUGHT YOU
>YOU PUT THE CONDIMENTS ON TOP OF THE MEAT IN THE SANDWICH, HOW DARE YOU PUT THEM ON THE BOTTOM?!

How much damage would it do to humanity if Emps was removed from the Throne, but still alive?

Also, how hard would the hive fleets run if Empy was put into a Titan?

DICK GUN

the old drawings of the golden throne are pretty cool

1) First, the loss of the astronomicon would really suck for everything. Second, the webway portal that the throne generates would overflow with demons n shit, if the custodes couldn't contain them they'd rapidly overrun the palace and begin to expand the bootyholes of everyone on terra

2) Idk, if he still generated a psychic light like he does they'd probably still be drawn to him

It's an old slaan chair of power. So warpmagitech.

Can probably do a ton of cool things like terraform earth, as well as all the pskyer stuff.

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if the emperor wanted to bring back robots from the dark age of technology to replace the morons he has governing the imperium if he were to ever be restored

How are those skulls the same size as his? Was he the same size as a marine or are there a group of people the size of him?

YOU DUMB FUCKS. LEARN YOURSELF SOME LORE AND GET EDUCATED.

ORIGINALLY HE SET UP THE ASTROPATH CHOIRS AND SHIT TO LIGHT THE WAY, WITH SOME SET UP ON TERRA, ARMAGEDDON, AND AS FAR AWAY AS MACRAGGE. IT WAS NIFTY AND SHIT AND LET PEOPLE GO WHERE THE NEEDED TO. LORE IS SHIFTY ON WHETHER OR NOT THERE WAS THE ASTRONOMICON, BUT SEVERAL BITS OR LORE POINT TO THE EMPEROR BEING SUCH A BAD ASS HE JUST GUIDED IT WHILE WAGING WAR ON MORTALS AND SHIT SINCE HE WASN'T A DESSICATED CORPSE FIGHTING THE CHAOS GODS EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF HIS UNLIFE.

THE WEBWAY WASN'T NO REAL SECRET, PEOPLE HAVING BEEN DEALING WITH THOSE ELDAR FUCKS FOR LITERALLY BEFORE THE HUMAN RACE WAS BORN. WE JUST NEVER HAD THE TECH TO USE THAT SHIT TILL THE EMPEROR SAID FUCK THIS WARP SHIT, WE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW THAT I GOT HORUS TO TAKE OVER THIS WHOLE LEADING FROM THE FRONT SHIT.

HE DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY FOR SOME REASON THOUGH, PROBABLY BECAUSE HE KNEW THE CHAOS GODS WOULD PISS IN HIS CHEERIOS IF IT MEANT THEY'D GET EVEN LESS SOULS FROM SHIT GOING WRONG IN THE WARP, OR THE ELDAR WOULD GET PISSY ABOUT USING THEIR HYPERSPACE HIGHWAYS. HE ERRECTED SO GOD DAMN MANY SUPER STRONG WARDS AROUND THE PALACE TO KEEP EVERYONE OUT. THEN SHIT HIT THE FAN, AND MAGNUS, BEING UNABLE TO GET IN THE NORMAL WAY TO SEND A MESSAGE, BROKE IN LIKE A BIG BLACK DICK IN YOUR ASS USING SORCERY.

NOT ONLY DID THIS PISS THE EMPEROR OFF BECAUSE GOD DAMN IT MAGNUS HE TOLD YOU TO STOP USING THAT SORCERY SHIT, WE HAD THE COUNCIL FOR A REASON, BUT HOLY FUCK MAGNUS LEFT A GIANT GOD DAMN WARP PORTAL THAT LEADS DIRECTLY TO HELL IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS PALACE, ON GOD DAMN TERRA! SO THEN HE TELLS LEMAN RUSS TO GO COLLECT MAGNUS TO EXPLAIN HIMSELF, AND HORUS FUCKS THAT UP TOO.

MEANWHILE IN THE GAPING, BLEEDING ASSHOLE THAT IS A WARP PORTAL, DAEMON'S HAVE AN EXPRESS TICKET TO FUCKING UP TERRA AND EVERYTHING ELSE FROM IT.

Except Slaanesh came about in M31.

fuck are you on about mate

this, everything in 40k right now is because all of the emps kids are quite literally retarded, he never asked for this shit.

IN ORDER TO KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING, THE EMPEROR CREATES THE GOLDEN THRONE IN BETWEEN GOING ON A ONE TOKEN TEKKEN SPEED RUN THROUGH HELL AND HOLDING THE LINE. SWITCHING SPOTS WITH CUSTODES AS NEEDED, HE CREATED THE THRONE WHICH HE CAN JUST SIT ON AND GUIDE HUMANITY FROM WHILE HE COMES UP WITH SOME BETTER IDEAS.

EVENTUALLY THE SIEGE HAPPENS, AND HORUS LETS HIS SHIELD DOWN. THE EMPEROR KNOWS THIS IS HIS ONLY CHANCE, BUT FUCK, CAN'T LEAVE THAT SHIT LEAKING BLOODY ASSHOLE UNATTENDED, SO HE GETS MALCADORE TO SIT ON IT FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

THE EMPEROR GETS HIS SHIT FUCKED, AND DORN CARRIES HIM TO THE THRONE. MALCADOR IS A WHITHER CORPSE, AND THE SECOND HE'S REMOVE FADES TO DUST LIKE IT'S THE FUCKING MUMMY. THE EMPEROR GETS NESTLED IN, BUT IT TURNS OUT MALCADOR USED THE LAST OF HIS STRENGTH TO PASS IT ON TO THE EMPEROR. USING IT, THE EMPEROR IS ABLE TO INSTRUCT DOWN ON HOW TO CHANGE THE THRONE INTO LIFE SUPPORT, AND PRESUMABLY THE ASTRONOMICON. AFTER THAT, HE GIVES HIS FINAL DECREES, AND STOP TALKING FOREVER.

NOW SHIT IS BREAKING DOWN, AND THE MECHANICUS IS MAKING SOME SHADY FUCKING DEALS WITH THE DARK ELDAR FOR SOME OBSCURE GOAL TO FIX IT.

It's actually a golden squatting device. The golden gopnik. It allows superhuman levels of squatting. Haven't you noticed how the Emperor wears a golden tracksuit all the time?

Wasn't originally the reason the Emprah sat on the chair because he realized that communications & otherwise would be easier on that chair?

That's what they were originally, since then they've seemingly taken on spiritual connotations.

The Emperor doesn't have to be seated on the Golden Throne to direct the Astronomican. However it is the only thing keeping him alive and he is the only psyker strong enough to keep the Webway gate closed.

Slaanesh=/=Slaan

>HE DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY FOR SOME REASON THOUGH, PROBABLY BECAUSE HE KNEW THE CHAOS GODS WOULD PISS IN HIS CHEERIOS
One of the reasons Big E was making such a big secret out of his cute webway project was the fact that navigators and astropaths would become obsolete with function imperial webway. Maybe Big E would go as far as to eradicate them out. Imagine houses of navigators learning about webway project , realising what is comming once it is done and then proceeding to piss in cheerious of functioning Imperial fleet all around galaxy just to make a point.

A much better skull throne, if you will.

He can't leave the throne because nobody else is strong enough to hold it closed. Chaos has a fuck load of demons waiting on the other side.

See above

Tetra would be consumed by chaos that came through the throne. The astronomical goes silent ending all FTL travel in the entire imperium. Trillions of psykers go insane from losing connection with the emperor. Chaos floods out of the Eye and cadia falls with no back up. Cults start taking over planets and raising portals since the =I= can't travel anymore.

Literally the imperium is consumed by chaos in a year, and then the rest of the galaxy.

The throne is the amplifier that let's him light the astronomicon.

Is there any method for sealing the webway portal on Earth permanently that wouldn't require a full power Emperor to accomplish?

Considering it's almost constantly crawling with daemons now, that's not likely. Only thing I can think of is if the Eldar for some reason swept in and did some huge pysker shit, since they know more about webways than humans do. Or perhaps they seal it from the other end.

Technically speaking, webway has this autosealing system, that will seal the compromised parts away. When Emperor tapped into webway, he probably used the golden throne to override this ability, sooo.... if we turn off the golden throne. webway, and unstable appendix on Earth should collapse, no?

I want to attack you for not liking the things I like, but now I have to spend some time looking inward.

The issue is its not an Eldar webway. It's a human crafted branch led by the emperor to tap into the existing network. The plan was to invade the real webway and take it from the Eldar. So no humans in the imperium now even understand the webway let alone enough to convince the Lords to unplug the emperor.

Now that I think about it. Do the current Lords of Terra even know what the Throne is?

>superhuman levels of squatting
No, no, you're thinking of the Tyranids.