The villain is bleeding heavily. He's going to die in seconds...

The villain is bleeding heavily. He's going to die in seconds. What's the worst thing he can say before dying that will mess with the player's heads? I have a few ideas down here, rate em if you want

A: "Thank God you got that mind control device deactivated. Can you help me up?"

B: "I have a little machine set up. Once I die, the bombs go off. If I die, I'm taking an entire city with me."

C: "Looks at those wicked expressions on your faces. You think you can pass judgement on me? Do you even know who you're working for!?"

D: "I tried to save us, tried to save us all, but I failed. I'm the lucky one, you know. I get a quick death."

How about... "If you kill me, you'll become just like me"

>I was trying to surrender, you assholes!

>This isn't even my final form.

"I buried all of my gold at... at... arghhh..."

"They tainted my soul with promises of power. Now you taint yours if I die, and they'll shackle you too."

>woooow it took 4 of you to kill me

I kek'd. The mental image of the villain laying the cheesy acting on real thick as he's dying and talking about some random treasure he doesn't own is great

"Fools, you think I orchestrated this? Alone? My master lives still.. he is a lord of Shadows, he could be in this very room.. and his name is JOHN CENA!" [theme tune noises]

Perfect.
Don't even have the villain be pained. Just be a snarky asshole 'till their last breath.

I fucking love this idea. Just a guy with great powers who's a huge asshole that snarks all the way until the bitter end.

>Aghhhh, sword in my chest, aghhhh
>So anyway, aghhh, this amulet I'm wearing, it aghhhh makes it so that when I die, all my stuff gets disintegrated ha haagghhhhh

"Oh, you opened the door to my hoard? No treasure for you assholes, only wasps."

>B: "I have a little machine set up. Once I die, the bombs go off. If I die, I'm taking an entire city with me."
I actually played this card BEFORE the party decided whether to kill him or not.
He had set up a series of similar magical rune 'bombs' in one of his group's former buildings in a scorched earth/destroy the evidence effort, so it wasn't unjustified, either.
Not willing to call his bluff, they had him captured so that if he set off the explosions, he died too.
He actually did have it set up- and they had a 24-hour burn time so that in an emergency he'd be able to bail out, or any stupid asshole who stuck around to loot him after his death would get blown up after thinking nothing was wrong.
Set them off two weeks after the party left as a 'fuck you' to the city and to make sure he was dead for a step in an insanely complicated plan cooked up by his superior.

"Oh yeah. Did I forget to mention I had a ritual done so I'd become a spectre on death? Or was it a shade? Phantasm? Honestly there are too many little undead shits in sheets.
What I'm saying is haunting your asses for being massive dicks and killing me."

Time for plan B.

I always loved you son

>A priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar. The bartender takes one look at them, takes out a rooster and sets it on the bar. The priest says "why did you do that?" The bartender says...

Go with the classic, "No, wait! You have to know-agh!". Fucked with my Ghostbusters group hardcore.

>My treasure is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first
>I left everything I own in One Piece!

"You fools! The princess was my... was my..."

Yes. Every room in the castle is full of wasps

RELEASING DIRECT CONTROL OF THIS FORM

>You fools...I haven't even told you where the antidote is...

Destiny?

But.. master, why? Why fight alongside these fools? Why hide who you truly are?

Topkek

>Thank you, I wasn't sure you guys would follow my bidding. So... predictable...

As long as he's been established as a sane character, just giggling/chuckling and dying with a laugh on his face should freak them out.

>You'll... never find another one like me, you know. Your last great adventure ends with the final rasping beats of my heart. Savour them while you can, for here your purpose dies.

THE "cough" ECONOMY!...you...idiots...

Do you feel like a hero yet? Was it- was it even worth it in the end?

I can't decide if I prefer

>Please accept this humble sacrifice, oh Lord
or
>Fools, the final sacrifice was me!

>"I wonder... will my kingdom remain firm in the hands of those as dedicated as you... Or fall to ruin by way of those foolish enough to oppose me?"

Just. As. Planned.

Looks like I get to beat the queue.

>Every room in the castle is full of WASPs
Fix'd.

>"And so dies the last of my race... A raven? Here? Seems that damned prophecy really was right."

Best one yet

Why is it.. that people think only heroes have friends with ressurection spells?

Remember how you were planning to interrogate me ?

Here me now... And believe me later....

*Maniac laughter followed by his face and body dissolving into dust*

>he points at one of the party members

"you"

"I'll be seeing you laterrrrrrrrrr..."

Hahaha! Now you'll never know who the traitor is.

>Heh. J... joke's on you. I'm only worth... 5 xp

>I bind you, heroes.
>By your blood, I bind you.
>By your bone, I bind you.
>By your souls, I bind you, demons.
>You will join me in the Abyss, and when the binding is ended we shall ride out together as brothers.

*Takes out alchamist's fire and tosses it into the air*

"Go on and sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a..."

>Augh. Arrows, arrows in my chest, oww...
>By the way, I'm immortal.
>Ooh, ow, geeze, all these arrows, oh.

"W-wait! If your desire is to truly save the kingdom and to restore peace to our lands you'll need this..." Reaches into his pocket with a weak and shaking hand pulling out his closed fist extending it to your heroes before flipping them off.

>"By the way, she wasn't really your mother."
>"You know that farm girl? She really WAS into you. You're just dense."
>"You're all going to hate each other in 20 years."
>"My only regret is that I don't remember where my car keys are."
>"Even when you're dead and with the angels, you'll be asking yourself if there was a better way. I can see it in your eyes - you'll never sleep well again."

This would be amazing in a more grounded game, instead of an outright evil wizard or something.

I'm running one where there's kind of an underground civil war going on, where the party can pick a faction to help.

It would be amazing to have the leader of one actually be really weak, and drop this line.

I scoop.

'TIS MERELY A SETBACK.

>"D-damnit... I never thought I'd, *HACK* actually have use.... for that phy...lact...ery."

I-I was only a d-distraction...

More like:
"They are all my pieces, They always were. I just no longer want to play."

I'm... actually... a doombot

"I'm a good boy. I didn't do... nothin'... wrong..."

>the gnolls and goblins in the castle start marching around screaming BOSS LIVES MATTER
>the party is put on trial for hate crimes
>the monster races demand immediately "demilitarization" of all adventurers, and reparation gold for the repeated murder and looting of their people

That's real Emrakul of you.

"I can see it now... I think it's sitting in a room with others beings similar to itself..."
coughing, BBEG has a weak smile
"[PlayerName]..."
weak laugh, more coughing, BBEG's apparent death.

I know something you don't know.

bro... it was just a prank bro

My only regret is... that i have... boneitis.

Guess you'll have to prepare for the demonic invasion. Good luck with that assholes.

or

I'm not thinking of it as dying. Just setting off early to beat the rush.

CURSE YOU, SAGES!
CURSE YOU, ZELDA!
CURSE YOU, Link!

>"20, 19, 18, 17..."

I'm going back to the real world. Enjoy your dream.

VSSE. YOU FOOLS!

oh man, when the party kills the BBEG's rogue lieutenant he's totally going to do this

>Finally...

>Oh.

>See you soon.

"Great. Now I have a new fetish."
>slides a bloody hand down his pants

>"Exit stage left. See you in my next body."
>"Laputan machine. Good job killing the only man who knows how to deactivate your killswitch."
>"Better dead than what will happen to everyone in the 100 km radius in 15 minutes."
>"Just as planned. You even killed me right on time. Good work, guys."

Luke, I am your father!

"My books... go to my son..."

Please... delete my browser history...

Winner, right here.

Nruter yam I that rewop tneicna eht ekovni I!nrub ot emoc sah emit ym, LTOLOXA!

"Now that I'm defeated, you can go into my treasure room. But beware, if you open any chest incorrectly, it's set to cast a resurrection spell on me."

>"Perfect."
Not in a snarky, or pained way.

But in a way that heavily implies that the heroes did exactly as they were supposed to.

Or what the other guys said about being a dick.
>Good thing you had the Paladin carrying you throughout that fight, it's a wonder how you made it out the door of the tavern
>You know I didn't need a million buffs, magic items or four other people with me to nearly kill you all, right?
>Magicwhore
>A wizard AND a Cleric? Wooooowwwww.

I like this one.
But make it so the players have to roll to hear him say it. Not a high roll, just: "You think you hear him burbling something through the blood filling his mouth...roll perception... 20, 19, 18...

"Man, this body totally didn't suit me. Good thing that I can transfer my soul into whoever kills me."

Wake up.
Have him fade too.

Maybe even his lair, everything fades to boring, blank, rolling green hills.

>Ha-ha! Don't you know?! If you kill your enemies... THEY WIN!

>Thanks, this'll make my next move so much easier.

>Now you take responsibility when it comes.

>Sometimes my arms bend backward.

>The time has come,
and so have I

Canada plz go. plz stay go.

What the fuck happened Canada? You used to be badass not so long ago.

"Summon...Rust Monster...Horde..."

>Do you feel like a hero yet? Was it- was it even worth it in the end?

This - and many like it - have always been completely ineffective on me.

Yes, dumbass, I feel like the hero.

I didn't pick you because you're a wizard - I've hired plenty myself over the years.

And I didn't pick you because you kill people - I've killed loads of people getting here.

I picked you because you you're evil - you harm people for no good reason. And with your death, the world becomes a safer place. Fewer travellers will be abducted, fewer farms burned down. Even if you had zero treasure and I got neither experience nor reputation from killing you, it would still be worth it.

The world is now a better place, solely because you are no longer in it to do the Evil Wizard equivalent of shitposting. Get fucked. Ask the peasant girls who you can no longer abduct whether it was "worth it." The treasure and XP and reputation increases are merely frosting on the cake that is your death.

SO MANY GAMES try to pull this one and it always leaves me cold. Like "Are you even better than me..." YES, OBVIOUSLY.

AMAZING

>SO MANY GAMES try to pull this one and it always leaves me cold. Like "Are you even better than me..." YES, OBVIOUSLY.

EDIT - I would add: In some games, I am NOT "clearly better than the villain" but in those games it ALSO leaves me cold because that's not my fault, I didn't write this storyline, I picked the Good option every time I got a choice, not my fault there were no choices in this rail-road half-story.

And in some games, I am NOT clearly better than the villain but then again, I wasn't TRYING to be better than the villain so how exactly is this supposed to tug at my heart strings?

I played a right cunt in my Fallout 4 game, I did anything and everything to find my son. If the institute didn't want to burn, maybe they shouldn't have kidnapped my son - and a lot of other people. And there were all kinds of "weh weh why are you ruining the best chance of civilization" dialogues and I'm just... Nigger "best chance of civilization" kind of requires the civilization you're building to be good. Am I proud? No. But clearly the fact that I'm doing this should send to you the signal that I believe it is the best choice or I'd be doing something else.

>orcs and goblins now need equal representation in all future parties.
>party gets back to town to see the mayor standing next to a big orc in robes, oh hey guys here's Mok'Quan, he's your new wizard

Dying on the floor:
>I bequeath my estate...
>To the King

There we go, looting my corpse is treason :^)

>There we go, looting my corpse is treason :^)

FUUUUCK
You

1) Why report his last words to the king?

2) EVEN IF WE DO Probably there will be some kind of finder's fee for having acquired an estate for the king.

THAT BEING SAID THOUGH, I remember how infuriating it was in Mount and Blade to gather an army, pay for that army, campaign with that army until they are a hard-fighting hard-feuding crew of wreckers, then lose ~25% of them taking a city and your king is like "lol give it to a different noble." Yo FUCK the king.

>"Wow...you really DO shit yourself..."

Rosebud was his sled...

>Fuckin bullshit OP Clerics...

"... Just as planned..."

That's when you go find a claimant or revolt.

>"Thank you..."
>"I can't believe it... Betrayed like this..."
>"Please... Don't let them take my soul..."
>He begins chanting something over and over, in a language none of you have never heard before.
>He struggles to point his finger at one of you, then begins laughing maniacally.
>He tears open a cut on his abdomen and begins feasting hungrily on his own entrails.
>As his lifeless body slumps to the floor, you hear a distant metallic clink.
none of these necessarily related