When are we going back to New Phyrexia?

When are we going back to New Phyrexia?

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/61163636932/hi-mark-i-just-want-to-say-im-a-huge-fan-of-all
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Venser#Quest_for_Karn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wizards has made it clear we're never going back to New Phyrexia. Rather, New Phyrexia is coming to us.

Never.

Probably a while still.

oh god yes

I hope we get some more Phyrexia and infect in the future

Urza is the absolute madman that Phyrezia needs, but doesn't deserve.

I would like new phyrexia back. Then my infect deck becomes valid again.

I think the two top candidates for Phyrexian Invasion are Ravnicaor Kaladesh

OP's question is stupid. Let's make a better one.

What plane is Phyrexia most likely to invade first? Esper seems like a good fit - the people are already obsessed with replacing bits of themselves with metal in order to improve themselves.

>That waistline
Yet another unrealistic standard of beauty for women.
Also see

Beauty? That... thing still has flesh on it. It needs a good flaying. Then maybe it will be worthy of being a standard to be upheld to.

the cutest of the 3 Chippy sisters

I can't believe how hard I want to fuck Elesh Norn. I love her design.

the question is would your dick make it out of her

Hopefully never because the Jacetice League will beat them in a single set with the power of quips, friendship, and poorly written plot reasons

That and this. I'd say Kaladesh,since it's a far more mechanized plane than Ravnica, and Phyrexians are known for getting a raving boner at anything that can relate to the Machine Orthodoxy.

The thing is,how will Phyrexia reach to other planes? The portals used to invade Dominaria do not exist anymore,and they got to Mirrodin because of that drip of black oil Karn carried with him. Maybe use Tezzeret?

New Phyrexia will get an invasion block before Kaladesh rotates out of Standard. Kaladesh being a block heavy on artifacts but not as much as Mirrodin is due to its purpose being to set up the scene for the Phyrexia block.

Still, there's no chance phyrexians invade Kaladesh or Ravnica. Kaladesh simply because it has its own plot and adding a Phyrexian invasion would just convolute things, plus, Phyrexia needs two whole sets for itself.

It won't be Ravnica either because the second return to Ravnica will probably be about Guild wars. Alsoever since Tarkir and BfZ Wizards is very cautious of altering planes irreversibly and making returns feel like the originals.

Wizards have also said that Phyrexian portal technology no longer works post-mending, so you know...

Infect is unlikely to return due to how poorly it was received and because Development thinks it's problematic. Even so, More creatures with Infect wouldn't really make infect.dec better. More and better pump and protection spells would.

I'm probably the most casual magic player on this board, but goddamn is New Phyrexia my favorite set ever. The almost entire lack of humans and abundance of grimdark flavor makes me hard.

Do people still think the Raven Man in Liliana's head is Urza?

I'd love love to see that work it's way into a new Phyrexian story.

The question is how do you create a plot without doing the "plane completely reinvents itself" story again.

I like the idea that Raven man is Mishra possessed by yawgmoth

I hope not for a while. I don't want yet another instance of "hey remember that plane you liked? It's ruined forever in block 1, then despite it being so devestated by the bad guy, said bad guy will be handily defeated by Jace and his gaggle of buffoons, with no loose ends."

Eldrazi vs Phyrexian when?

Never

>New Phyrexia comes back
>immediately killed forever in one set by the Jacetice Quip Brigade

No just leave them be

Please

Old Phyrexia was snuffed out in an even dumber way.

Urza's nick-nacks and old-timey antiquities hucked together and pushing a button.

Wizards has said they're the BBEG of the multiverse. They'll always exist in one for or another until they completely end this story line for good and start over

what exactly do you want here? for every conflict to stretch on to infinity?

how many decades did you want the Eldrazi fight to last?

the OLD phyrexian fight lasted almost 2 decades and that was so fucking boring by the end that everyone was ready to move on.

>Spend 10,000 years collecting White mana for a one shot blast in an attempt to wound Yawgmoth enough for the Legacy weapon to kill him
>Dumber than the power of friendship

Please no. It would be awful.

that was never the plan, Gerrard thought it up at the last second.

the White Moon gathered mana all on itself due to some Thran fuckery.

Tezzeret has left New Phyrexia and Nicol Bolas sent him somewhere else. There's a decent shot he might show up on Kaladesh.

The most likely way for them to find their way to other worlds is using Venser's corpse.

>Mfw they literally turn his corpse into a vehicle and ride it into other planes

Considering the whole idea of calling them the Jacetice League is to mock how they're sort of like a cheesy superhero team, there are always moments in comics where the superhero goes in and suffers a crushing defeat to remind viewers that they're not invincible. The man who broke the bat, the death of Gwen Stacy, Doomsday, etc.

It would make for a great moment if the Gatewatch find themselves pressed to repel a Phyrexian invasion only to fail wholly and absolutely. Send them scurrying off with their tails between their legs and visions of brilliant white porcelain burned into their eyes.

Additionally, letting the Phyrexians take a plane also gives the writers something to make the Phyrexians lose later on without completely removing them from the story. When the time comes for the Jacetice League to win against Phyrexia, they won't get to really defeat them, just manage to win back a little that Phyrexia already conquered.

Also, there's the very obvious answer to what secret weapon the Gatewatch gets that lets them win that one fight against Phyrexia: Oath of Karn

I wouldn't be surprised if the Phyrexians show up in a big fancy ship and it's hyped up as a mystery how it works so they can reveal Venser's body strung up in the engine. Of course, it'll be just as obvious as Emrakul and the Moon, but they'll try to hype it either way.

>yfw the oath of Elpseth after Theros falls

If I had to guess I'd say we see 1 or 2 planes fall in sets and maybe a few others fall Off Screen.

Watch them handle artifacts like they did enchantments in Theros. Just watch.

Every time they do Artifact blocks they slip up and something gets through. There'll be something broken in some way or another.

>mfw Phyrexian Dreadnaught reprint

>(This card is on the reserved list)

Is it really? Huh.

All I want is for them to accidentally make Affinity tier 0 for even a little while.

I don't really browse this board but mark answered what would happen in a phyrexia eldrazi situation.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/61163636932/hi-mark-i-just-want-to-say-im-a-huge-fan-of-all

>Confirmation that Eldrazi can be compleated

If this isn't fake the multiverse is fucked

Nope
>Nope

>Phyrexia confirmed for stronger than Eldrazi

YAWGMOTH WAS RIGHT

Then what? Because I'd love to see Kamigawa turned into Phyrexian brooding ground. I fucking hated that block,except for one or two things.

>Jacetice League
fortykeks.jpg

>Phyrexia invades Zendikar
>Turn Kozilek and Ulamog into horrible abominations
>Emrakul comes out of the moon to fight them
>mfw

Phyrexia confirmed for literal perfection

>ever doubting Father of The Machines
It like you're not even worthy compleation.

I would love for a major story arc (multiple blocks) to be the eldzrazi being the only thing capable of purging the phrexian's who have gained the ability to planes walk and are steamrolling the multiverse. It gives a decent reason behind inprisoning them instead of killing them

naw, Karn is going to sacrifice himself to give that one elf chick who's immune to phyresis planeswalker abilities who will in turn fuck Phyrexia

I think it was in Quest for Karn, but the reason Koth and Venser were at odds originally was that Venser was building a ship that could travel between planes, and he was using re-purposed Phyrexian tech to build it.

Just googled it, and here it is:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Venser#Quest_for_Karn

R O A D T R I P B O Y S

And they've got his brain. It shouldn't take Gitaxias too long to find out what information he's got in it.

>Phyresis on something that isn't even traditionally alive

> going back to New Phyrexia
don't you mean when is New Phyrexia coming to us?

Expect. Kamigawa within the next 2-3 years tops but not before Tamiyo rotates out of Standard because the set will surely involve her, her iron scrolls and the consecuences of what happened in Innistrad. Also expect Jace and maybe Gideon to be involved as per wizard's policy at least one member of the Gatewatch has to play a part, even if small. To say we'll get an Oath of Tamiyo is a long shot, but if may happen, since they have previously worked together in the past and the Gatewatch's gotta expand (Maro has said that we'll get an Oath a block, but I think it's going to be like 2/3 of the time if only to subvert expectations every once in a while).

Maro told us a few months ago that Kamigawa one of the most if not THE most requested plane to return to and later that a return was in fact already in development, and why not make a return to Kamigawa?, The originals are pretty bad so they don't have to live up to high standards. A return around the quality of the SoI block would already be considered a decent improvement. Plus, it's their chance to fix their mistakes and completely reinvent the plane to show the Kamigawa after 2000 years.

Related to how the return itself will be handled expect modern day Japan references done tastefully, as an homage to its culture. The set will probably try to reconcile this modernity with the original medieval feel so things will blend in traditional pre-electricity lifestyles with this resemblance of the Japan of today, spellcraft playing a vital role in civilization, as it was a pretty big theme with Arcane in the past.

Also odds are also they'll also try a different approach this time around, we got war last time around and now we'll get Kamigawa in times of relative peace before Hidetsugu or some new evil (they wouldn't dare to bring a preexistent threat to the plane for fear of pulling another BfZ) pops up and shit goes down in the second set.

They'll do it this way to gently introduce people who didn't play the originals to the plane, giving them a good feel while making it a satisfying return for us Grognards by cutting the shit that is actually not Kamigawa-related down to zero. Then the second set sets a conflict and the possibility of yet another return depending on the public's reception.

Maro loves infect though. He'll fight for it.

The only answer is yes, harder than ever before.

What makes you think it's the phyrexians corrupting the eldrazi and not vice versa? Or not them equally combining?

I would love to see arcane made into a workable mechanic

The Phyrexians, while they are the living will of the machine god, are a known quantity. Their purpose is to continue the blessed work and so forth. The Eldrazi on the other hand do not have a defined purpose. We don't know why they exist or how they think. What the do or don't corrupt is also not defined or consistent. The Eldrazi are just as likely to eat something as they are to silly-string it.

The second reason is that you cannot truly corrupt the Phyrexians without changing their entire nature. If Emrakul sourkrauted a Phyrexian, it wouldn't have an effect on the rest of Phyrexia. The rest of Phyrexia would take apart their cabbage comrade and learn about its parts. The Eldrazi would not do the same thing if a drone happened to be compleated.

when will mirrodin be pure again?

>that Eldrazi can be compleated
Considering the real Eldrazi is not even in planar space (unless latched onto by the planar binding rune of Ugin and then surged with a shitton of mana), it's more like the Eldrazi can be given cybernetic limbs.

>everyone was ready to move on
Based on the average Phyrexiafag, they never did.

Emrakul just entered Innistrad through a portal.

Emrakul jammed her arm into Innistrad. The real Eldrazi is still sitting in the Blind Eternities, it never enters planar space at all.

While we are unlikely to see infect again, I would like some more Phyrexian mana cards.

yes it did, that was the entire point of Nahiri's spell.

The Eldrazi Titans are stated to be the equivalent of something putting the fingers of one of its hands into realspace. What you see is just the closest approximation of their forms that a mortal being can see.

Of course, the retarded Gatewatch storyline bound their 'real forms' into real space, so that definition probably doesn't apply anymore.

Arcane will probably left out. In particular, Arcane type might show up if only to give OG Kamigawa some
Support, but there's no way Splice comes back. It is a very insular mechanic and wizards didn't even like it the first time around.

I wouldn't discard the possibility of some other mechanic based around Arcane, but not Splice.

The issue is that Arcane didn't actually DO anything itself. It purely existed for Splice Onto Arcane.

Splice would have been fine as a solo mechanic without needing Arcane.

Like a red spell that is R: 2 to creature or player 1R: Splice onto instant or sorcery, 1 to creature or player.

That's not what Elesh Norn looks like though. She's a noodle person,a super thin like 12 foot tall skeletal abomination.

Stop humanising her you faggots, she doesn't even have holes besides her mouth.

True that. I wouldn't mind being cradled by my waifu noodle lady, though.

>years from now
>we get a small, future sight-like supplement
>open a pack
>rare is a new version of urborg
>"Melds with The Silver Moon of Innistrad"

Having not ACTUALLY paid attention to ANY of the story since....Kamigawa, what have I missed?

I got most of Ravnica block though, I understand the guilds and what not, just not any of the new characters since.....back to Ravnica or whatever.

This is me

Looking at the list of "storylines", I have no idea of the significance of: Time Spiral, Lorwyn, Shadowmoor, Alara, Conflux, Zendikar, Innistrad, Theros, and Tarkir.

More Phyrexian mana cards please.

New phyrexia fucked all formats. If we go back it will be with BFZ power level and will be a huge disappointment. Wizards has made it clear they will continue to bring down the power level of standard

>Time Spiral

Dominaria is fucked, the set.

>Lorwyn
>Shadowmoor
>Alara
>Conflux

No one cares.

>Zendikar

Eldrazi come from here.

>Innistrad

Eldrazi imprisoned here.

>Theros

Only important as far as it ties to one of the Jacetice League.

>Tarkir

Ugin shows up?

Phyrexia was out for a decade. Let it die.

To be fair, New Phyrexia was left in an interesting place, tainted by colored mana and on the brink of civil war.