Warhammer 40k General

Frankception edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Old thread

original frank general image creator here
USE THIS ONE

>Orkz are a melee race
>I2 S3

Only if you fix the knights eyes

Which codex makes the best flying DP of Nurgle?

>Newfags hearing about Rhana Dandra for the first time
>Thinking something that Eldar have talked about since 2nd ed indicates Age of Sigmar reboot
>Implying Rhana Dandra hasn't been in a state of HAPPENING for the past two editions

It's like some people don't get that 40k has always operated on a 'ten minutes to midnight' premise. Next, you'll be saying the 13th Black Crusade means the setting is getting rebooted.

You mean "second indicator stuck ticking to and fro midnight"

How would the game balance change if you were allowed a T test to reduce 2xS ID to a single wound?

Hey Veeky Forums, I was in the General a few threads ago asking for newbie tips for IG. I'm here with an update.

I've purchased the Cadian Defense Force (20 Infantry, Command Squad, 3 Heavy Weapons Teams, a Chimera, and a Leman Russ), and expanded upon that with 3 Sentinels. The Russ is assembled with triple Heavy Bolters plus Battle Cannon, all ready for infantry and vehicle crunching goodness.

The Sentinels however, are half assembled and remain unarmed for the moment. I'm torn between magnetizing all of the weapons that they could wield (No Plasma Cannon as they're all being assembled as Scouts), and simply slapping a Missile Launcher on them and calling it a day. I'd like your input.

Are Missile Launchers useful for Guard?
Would I be better served slapping the Autocannons on and be done with it?
Or is magnetization the best option here?

Pic related, its one and a half of the Sentinels in question. Yes I assembled the first one without painting the pilot, yes I was a dumbass.

Missile launchers are only remotely worth using when in dirtcheap heavy weapons squads, sentinels are too expensive to waste on a "half a job" gun, better to go all in with a specialized weapon or the ubiquitous and reliable Autocannon.

Characters become a bit tougher, espcillial DPs
thats pretty much it

Nobs and Nid warriors too.

Just checked the last thread. Thank you, whoever made this.

How would the game be effected by a change in turn structure?
(roll for first player)
>1st moves- 2nd moves
>1st shoots- 2nd shoots
>1st assault- 2nd assaults
It seems like the game would be more lively and strategic but i don't have the years under my belt to understand the finer points of this dynamic.

>implying people play nids

Well we'd have to divorce the assault and CC phase or those would be over in no time.

>Next, you'll be saying the 13th Black Crusade means the setting is getting rebooted.
the setting did get fucking rebooted

DAILY REMINDER THAT ELDRAD FUCKING DIED AND THE SETTING WENT PAST M41 THIRTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO.

THE HAPPENING ALREADY HAPPENED IN AUGUST OF 2003.

whoa better not tell the 30k players that the Horus Heresy is already over

The 30k players already know the heresy has been thoroughly retconned and trampled into the dirt. There's a currently running series of teen drama novels out that are pretty fucking hard to deny.

But some people seem to have forgotten that GW already rebooted the setting and have been trying to do a do-over for over a god damn decade.

If there's not any Nid players then how is Cruddance alive? Orkfag blood doesn't seem too tasty, and while he could ruin the lives of Marine/Eldar/Taufags he's into the Howling Griffins.
>There's a currently running series of teen drama novels out that are pretty fucking hard to deny.
I try my hardest. It doesn't work. I have nightmares.

Thoughts on Power Scourge? Viable choice or just for looks?

>running series of teen drama novels

I think of 40k novels the way I think of Star Wars and Star Trek novels. Not canon, never were canon, never will be canon. Licensed fanfiction.

Turns out Titus is probably the second most common name in the galaxy.
What in the Emperor's teeth is that? The tendrils are amazing, but that orange? Someone put that poor Hellbrute down now. Too much orange.

It's the best close combat weapon you can give a helbrute.

>Implying Rhana Dandra hasn't been in a state of HAPPENING for the past two editions
No it bloody hasn't. It's been a threat in the future of the eldar race for a long time, true, but until now no lore has said it's actually starting.

Might have to allow people to charge in the movement phase, otherwise assaulters might never catch their targets.

I don't think you know what the word rebooted means.

>It's been a threat in the future of the eldar race for a long time, true, but until now no lore has said it's actually starting.

Try opening a codex or picking up any Eldar novel from the last 5 years.

Is on a Hellbrute

You pay more points for it

Quite literally speaking, 40k has been rebooted after the departure of Andy C. That's why we're back on a minute to midnight, with Abaddon on the eve of his invasion and Eldrad alive and racing to stop something from happening.

>b-but it's a soft reboot
This is a binary question.

About the possible end times of 40k (whether it's an actual end times or the clock getting a few minutes closer to midnight) I think it's kind of pointless trying to predict what will happen based on what came before and/or how characters acted in the past. Considering the WHFB end times, I doubt many would have predicted stuff like Malekith being phoenix king, Teclis supporting him as such, the creation of the incarnates, people like walach harkon falling to chaos, balthasar gelt becoming a necromancer, and so on.

What I'm saying is, maybe GW will have learned from the WHFB end times, but maybe they won't so it's entirely possible we're going to see plot twists that come completely out of left field, and characters behaving in ways that don't make sense compared to how they act in lore up to this point.

Yeah, that quote says "The Phoenix Lords gather together for the first time in millennia in preparation for the Rhana Dandra" doesn't it? Oh, wait, my mistake, actually it says nothing whatsoever about the Rhana Dandra starting.

>maybe GW will have learned from the WHFB end times
Top fucking kek.

>Not knowing the first thing about Rhana Dandra

If you're going to try and pretend to know about something at least read the fucking wiki for it.

>has no source
>"y-you don't know t-the first thing about it!"
My assertion was that up until now GW has never said the rhana dandra is actually dawning/starting/beginning. If you disagree, let's see a source that actually contradicts that. From last edition, preferably, given you claimed it's been going on "for the last two editions".

>Spoonfeed me basic fluff!

The beginning of Rhana Dandra has always been denoted by the gathering of all the Phoenix Lords. In every single codex. Since 2nd edition. Basic, basic stuff. Every single codex entry for Fuegan has mentioned it. Valedor mentions it, both the apoc book and the novel, with Farseer Silverye outright stating that Rhana Dandra has begun.

probably going to get a stormsurge as my first GC during the anniversary event this weekend, have a question about GC weapons

It states that GCs use the same rules as MCs with a few exceptions, the exception being it can fire each of its weapons at different targets

pretty much everyone at my LGS says that it means you can fire every weapon you have on the GC, but nowhere in the rules does it say it can fire all of its weapons

is there an FAQ to clear this up or what?

I'm not saying it's never been mentioned, I'm saying it's never been said to actually be starting.

And you do know making the "spoonfeeding" claim is literally admitting you don't have a source, right? So thanks for the internet argument win trophy, I'll put it on the shelf with the others.

>May fire all weapons at different targets.
>FAQ draft states that you have to declare which ones before shoting.
> Firing Ordnance weapons has no effect on their ability to fire other weapons.
> May not fire Overwatch.

>I'm saying it's never been said to actually be starting.

Good thing someone just gave you multiple sources on that then!

>admitting you don't have a source

I just gave you THREE you illiterate niglet.

>Every single codex entry for Fuegan has mentioned it.
None say that it's starting. Given you're already making up bullshit to match the pretty pictures in your head, I can't be bothered to re-read the valedor books just to find out I've been lied to again.

>May fire all weapons at different targets.

it doesnt say all weapons, it says it may choose a different target for each of its firing weapons

there is no specific working that overrules the MC rule of 2 weapons

>"Given that you're making up bullshit to match the pretty pictures in your head"
>Saying Rhana Dandra isn't starting because it hasn't been explicitly stated in a very specific way
>All the pointers point towards it starting, including the gathering of the Phoenix Lords

Are you the same user that argued to hell and back that the Ork signals the intergalactic probe picked up were from inside the galaxy because it doesn't explicitly say the probe left the Milky Way? Because this is the level of reductionist denial you're reaching here.

unless it's been FAQd, GCs can still only fire two weapons

I don't have the codex handy, but the stormsurge can still take a multi-tracker, right? Its only function is to let a model fire an additional ranged weapon, so that would imply it still had the standard MC cap of two

Third question down.

They askedo about it and it was answered. Yes they get to fire every weapon

Nice proofs you're backing up your argument with there, buddy.

You're wrong. :^]

>Every single fucking codex says rhana dandra begins when all the phoenix lords gather
>Codex timeline ends with all the phoenix lords gathering
>Valedor novel outright says it has begun
>IT DOESN'T EXPLICITLY SAY RHANA DANDRA HAS BEGUN

Oh eat shit, you obstinate little prick.

>Automatically assume that anyone making a tangential point is actually arguing the main point, just wrong

Wew lad, must be easy to win arguments when everyone is objectively doing it badly by not following your rules.

Jesus Christ, Carnac, fuck off.

Valedor definitely states that the Rhana Dandra is beginning. It's just in the very earliest stages - the Pheonix Lords are gathering, Abaddon is beginning to begin his last push out of the Eye, etc etc, but it's certainly underway. I despise that GW have decided to ruin their setting by having their ham-fisted writers 'advance' the story, but the situation is what it is.

>I completely lost the argument
>Better call him Carnac

>Rhana Dandra is beginning.

It does mean it cannot be stopped.

For thousands of years, Illic stood between the Eldar and the Rhana Dandra. This is no different. he will find a way to shut it down before it gets really going.

To be fair, the posting style makes it very obvious that it is Carnac. He's still right, in this case, but the autistic library of screenshotted quotes are too distinctive to be anything else.

>Illic

Okay, this actually is Carnac.

>Hurr posting style

I'm the guy that posted the proof you spud. Posting evidence of what you are saying is not Carnac posting unless you're a complete retard. It takes less than a minute to screenshot. Carnac is the Illic poster.

Not even the guy you were arguing with.
I just want you to fuck off nobody cares.

Wow, thanks for your contribution to discussion. Great posts.

You aren't really fooling anyone desu

>lose an argument
>better call him Carnac!

See

Illic is going to be the one guy standing around screaming MUH NECRONS while Chaos fucks the galaxy to death.

I request old school art. Bring all of the dick beaks, beakies, Orks in top-hats, anything you have that's before 3E.

Epic meme, dude.
Do you play 40k or just come here to shitpost?

>Desu
Fuck off weeb

>Andy C left to become my favourite edgy DnB dj
I want to believe

>Guy argues that Rhana dandra hasn't begun
>Give him sources that explicitly state he is wrong
>Moron refuses to acknowledge them and claims no sources have been provided
>Take less than a minute to type 'rhana dandra' into valedor pdf and take a screenshot proving him wrong
>WOW LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A CARNAC OVER HERE

Everybody comes here to shitpost, whether they play 40k or not.

Magnetize or autocannon,these are your choices.

>Starts replying to an argument just to let people know how much he doesn't care about the argument

That's nice.

It all ties together. Necrons, Chaos, and the whole Dandra. One brings the other. By opposing the Necrons, Illic staved off the Rhana Dandra for ages. But he is just one man(elf), he can do so much.

However, as the Rhana Dandra has begun, Illic represents the Last Hope of the Eldar. It's his destiny to stop it.

The issue is that you are rude.

>As the 41st Millennium comes to a close, more and more Eldar vanish into the webway, forsaking their former lives to take up the Harlequin’s mask. The Harlequins’ numbers are growing, and many among the Eldar wonder why. The truth is inspirational and terrifying in equal measure. At the very heart of the Black Library there lies a silver-lit vault. Therein stands a plinth made of finely graven obstinite, upon which rests a crystalline book said to contain the words of Cegorach himself.

>Since the Fall, the tome’s covers have remained closed, sealed shut with flickering chains of light. Yet now, long-awaited portents have come to pass. A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library. A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more. Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied. As the signs have come to pass, so the bands of light about the tome have flickered and died.

So since we're on an Eldar kick, has anyone had experience of using or fighting against Jain Zar? I haven't seen it in practice but the rules for those points seems absurdly low.

>Forsaking their former lives to take up the Harlequin’s mask.

Unrelated note, but isn't becoming a Harlequin one of the safest paths for an Eldar? Since Cegorach himself will protect / retrieve their souls from Slaanesh? Or can he fail to save them from Slaanesh?

>Now, at last, the tome has fallen open. Within its pages the Shadowseers have found a script, a secret final act that changes utterly the tale of the Fall. Penned in inks of light and shadow, these words present a slender hope, detailing an intricate, galaxy-spanning performance with the potential to change the fate of the Eldar race. Always, the strands of fate have pointed toward the victory of Chaos during the last, mythic battle known to the Eldar as the Rhana Dandra. Yet within the pages of the crystal tome is recorded Cegorach’s ultimate jest, a way to trick Slaanesh into expending all her power not to destroy the Eldar, but to save them. How such an impossibility could come to pass is unclear, for on this matter the final act is infuriatingly vague. Yet the Harlequins take their god’s words on faith alone, for their devotion to Cegorach is total and his methods beyond question or reproach. Thus they have begun the steps of this final dance, and will see it completed, or else face absolute destruction in the attempt.

The final dance is starting. Chaos is destined to win it but Cegorach words revealed another possibility. Interesting.

Anyways, who are the three foes that Eldar will face in the Rhana Dandra according to Cegorach's bible?

1-"A fallen sorcerer seeks the lore of the library"
2-" A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more"
3-"Within madness’ eye, the champion of the Ruinous Powers prepares to seize a realm long denied".

>1
Ahriman
>2
Silence King?
>3
Abbadon

He plays a game with Slaanesh for the souls of some Harlequins. I think the Solitares.

Anyways, Harlequin supposedly lose their sense of self and identity forever when they join. They are their masks and roles and little more. I don't think a lot of people will agree to that.

I never got the "A king stirs in his court of death and silence, preparing to rise once more" part.

Is it refering to Eldar God of uber DED? To necrons? Emps? Creed? The only thing I know for sure is not talking about is orks. Silence is the last thing I expect in a massive Warboss chamber.

1 - Ahriman
2 - Szarekh, Imotekh or some other not yet seen necron overlord. (could also be referring to the emperor?)
3- Abaddon

>Silence King?

Could be the Emperor.

Show them the Ork codex and they'll be deathly silent.

> not knowing "t b h" changes to "desu" since Japmoot's takeover

Huh. Must still be summer.

I think it will be the other way around. They will just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! GW out of existence, and by that I mean they will find the method to create enough dakka and unleash it over nothingham.

I think it's a 50/50 deal, user. Maybe it depends on the Ork?

>999.M41 THE CURTAIN RISES

>The galaxy burns, the fires of war lighting a bloody stage. The veil thins: a curtain soon to be ripped aside. According to the Laughing God’s will, the Harlequins take their places to act out their last, greatest performance – or die in the attempt.

So things will be going down. Who are you rooting for in the 40K End Times?

>Eldar unit
>the rules for those points seems absurdly low
Seems like pretty superfluous information there.

Maybe it does. Anyway, the only way to find out is to wait until they decide to advance the fluff, which may or may not happen soon.

Be patient user. Once it blows I will come to find you again and rediscuss this thing again.

ah, k
I thought I heard somewhere when he played the game for his Harlequin’s souls he cheats so he always wins. And only the Solitaires are lost to him.

Didn't know that the Harlequins lost their sense of self.

Thanks for the info.

The Imperium. Also rooting for the Tau to go the way of the Squats.

I will personally find it amusing if the Eldar, Chaos, Imperials or whoever gets to pull off their master plan, defeat their rivals and cheer to the skies.

Only to have the Tyranid warrior fleets arrive and eat everything anyway.

Nah picrelated selling too well.

muh bigger gundam even if it's ugly as fuck
#wayoftheweebs

Aye but it's rooting for the underdog.

Orks can't lose.

1- Ahriman,
2- The Silent King, Necrons gotta play a part in the doom of the eldar. "Court of death and silence" gotta be referring to the Necrons.
3- Abbadon

I'm a very patient soul.
I forget if Mecha Shas'Obama has Supremacy Suit parts in him in that picture.

I do know, which is why I from using it, anyone who does trip the filter is newfag or a weeb.

>ugly as fuck

t. the man with no taste

for scout autocannons are better, as you will try to shoot into the sides of enemy armor and 6 shots @ bs3 are far better than 3, especially since AP3 does not give a bonus on the vehicle damage chart.

except against armies where s8 means instant death but they are few.

furthermore your russ is not optimal,you should consider leaving the sponsons as they can only snapfire when the battlecannon fires.

t. the man with no eyes.