Larp thread - Well Armed Circus edition

it's that time of the year again:
LARP thread- Well Armed Circus edition

Drachenfest ended a few days ago and I came back with pictures and if people are interested with stories too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QMMFsvjPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sadly not all the pics I made turned out great so there is that.
Also, some were made on tuesday when people were still packing out and camps were still constructed

Also, sadly the dick gate is no more for two reasons:
First, the gate wasn't safe enough and it couldn't be rise high enough
Secondly, the drawing wasn't realistic enough, as some said "too Disney like"

Please share your stories of the LARP, Hungarian. Always interesting.

Sylvanian Discoteca. Songbook for the Warhammer Fatnasy, Sylvanian landsknechte of the camp (they also run our tavern)

Well let's see, first of all, I've met a lot of old friends, and made some new. Met nearly every 4channer I knew that will come to the event, with the exception of german larpfag who was allegedly in the chaos camp.
But on the other hand we accidentally attacked the chaos avatar... again this year... Well to be honest it was the IC wife or whatever of the chaos avatar IIRC but still, there was a point in the game where we having jolly fun hitting people left and right and it turns out one of them is the the kind of leader of the chaos camp.
For some reason we doesn't have very good relations with the chaos camp.

meanwhile some of the even shittier pictures, I accidentally changed the camera mode and didn't realized it for a few hours...

also the two girls I went to Drachenfest with, they stayed in the blue camp but one of them as can see sold various highly sought after cards. For the last one there was an actual fight

few more of her cards, she made a reverse mermaid too and drawn portraits.
Our obrist ordered one portrait of him riding an unicorn

also she draw this lovely sign for us too

anyway about stories. What kind of stories you guys want to hear? a lot of things happened but I was mostly with the landsknechts for obvious reasons, so it was mostly battles and doing silly things, like getting totally real medical papers from the local MASH field hospital that says me and two other landsknechte are totally female so we can slip in to the girls night at the blue camp tavern where only girls were allowed

Hilarious hi-jinks are always a favourite, or whatever. Favourite moments would be interesting too

Also I bought 1,5 liters of good home made hungarian pálinka so the people there can drink finally something strong.
When I passed it around one night during when we spent time in the copper camp I had this conversation with one of our guys
-HLF, what is this?
-Hungarian pálinka, home made
He drinks it and starts coughing
- Why is that always people from the east are the ones who try to kill me?
- Why do you drink it if you can't stand it?
- Because I'm an alcoholic!

Well the, girl papers thing spiraled out from that one of our guys tried to catcall someone. This is mostly normal for us, we always catcall girls when we stand guard duty and someone goes close to our camp. Or when we are marching next to girls. Or when we stand in formation next to a battle. Or during battle.
Anyway it's fairly common and we try to do it comically.
The mistake he made was that he did it while he was alone. During the night. To a blue camp pirate captain. Next to the blue camp.
Anyway they beat the living shit out of him.
So I figured out we might as well find this captain and return the favor. It turned out it's girl's night at the blue camp tavern so she will be probably there. I knew the guards so that's a plus, but we want to be sure so we went to the MASH to get "proper laters" half an hour, a few silvers and constant laghing later we had our papers.
It worths mentioning that at the time the MASH was closed but when we presented what we actually want the girl who talked with as started laughing and though this is such a great idea that it must be done.
The psychological evaluation part also mentioned for all three of us that we want to marry the Obrist.

anyway we also found two other landsknecht who surprise surprise also were going to the girls night. But here is the twist: they were part of the auction because on the girls night a few men will be "sold off" for the night for the highest bidder.
As you can guess around that point finding the female captain was not a priority or even an objective.
We wanted to get a lot of money so we can sneak in with our papers (and codpieces) and buy those landsknechte, for giggles and shit while hoping that the guards doesn't dare to misgender us

I love the fact that an empire soldier stores a picture of Skaven on his shield, just in case he forgets.

Anyway we tried to get in, but sadly we failed. There was a little OOC problem too as some guys before got too drunk and got into accidents so the guards were more serious and the no fun allowed protocol was started so it went to other places and did a few business stuff for our camp, but still it was a lot of fun for us.

Where does Drachenfest take place? Would I be okay just speaking English? Would I just be a strange foreign mercenary?

...saving pics...

I only speak english and hungarian, so not a problem. It's in Diemelstadt, Germany. Once a year, one week

Mores the pity. Should have tried harder though, to the point where "no fun allowed" morphs into "FUN IMMINENT"
Every one enjoys a tasteful bit of drag

Pretty much the center of Germany (Northern Hessen)

Yes, there's even an English speaking camp.

If you want to, but not necessarily.

It's a good idea to find some German speaker to tag along with. That way you won't miss anything because they'll alert you and translate as good as they can.

Nearly everyone in Germany speaks some English. Anyone under 50 has learned it at school for 4-9 years. The accents are atrocious and don't expect much of a vocabulary, but you won't have any trouble getting around.

well, I had a lot of things to do, few meetings were on my timetable after that so I gave my paper to the other guys who then decided it's better not push it and just go and sell the girl papers at the Colony, so other people can have fun too

You can play as an imperial wizard in this?

yes, although I never really got too deep on the magic part, but there ARE imperial wizards there, even inquisitors too.

also here are some drone footage of the last battle
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QMMFsvjPY

>Swiggity Swooty

Hey HLF, how strict are these guys on non-periodic material for costuming?
See, i've got a bitchin wizard hat made from recycled inner tyre tubes and while is could pass as leather, it's not.
Would i be laughed out for it and similar such material use?

These two remind me of when I was a child and my mother would take me to tribal ceremonies.

A local military base found an intact medicine wheel and so every native american tribe for miles came and camped out in the woods for it.

no one gives a fuck about material as long as it doesn't look like shit.
I mean there are a lot of people with syntethics and such. Although they suffer more from the weather so there is that but it isn't my problem.
I stood guard at a wedding for nearly half an hour during heavy rain and only the outer layer of my cloths went wet. Also my feathers but those were dried later.

kek, the guy on the right is a friend of mine. Was he high when you took the picture? I know he wanted to take some weed with him.

Damn, I wish I could've come this year, but it's just so damn expensive for a student.

no, not at that time, later he might have been.

>WARNING! AIRCRAFT BATTERY AT 24%

You're not much of a friend, are you?

also, this picture is just begging for a caption. But I have no idea what kind

Screw you, guys. I'm going home.

>They haven't spotted the ears, yet. Keep walking away slowly. Please don't let them spot the ears!

And a little side note about weapons and fight on drachenfest.
It never cases to amaze me how different is the approach to fighting compared to most larps I go to.
Weapon safety is way less important and controlled fights are way more. No stabbing is allowed and people tend to do more theatralical fights. Although stabbing does happen and a lot of people still fight full speed, sometimes even full force but that isn't the norm.
In turn weapon safety is less important so weapon makers go for the look instead than for safety, larp weapons isn't as soft, or doesn't bend that much or at all, because it's mostly the player's task to fight safely

meh, none of them are really funny