Built a map from "scratch" for our first D&D game...

Built a map from "scratch" for our first D&D game, I've never played before so everything is going to be super simple for me and the players.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Scenery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like the ranger will be useless.

>Ranger being useless
Must be Tuesday.

Also you're doing good work, OP. The names sound a little cheesy but there are only so many ways you can name a wasteland or a mountain.

There is a real world mountain that's literally called Mont Scenery. Literally ANY objection to the name of a mountain can be countered by bringing that up.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Scenery

How big are the hexes?

Overall, it looks kinda cool. Simple but that's not a bad thing, after all many great stories have been told in a single city if you give it character.

I cannot, however, not see it as 'strayoia and full of Aussies.

'Strayonia

Yeah, I got to admit, my first reaction was that it was a 'Straya shitpost. Which come to think of it would be pretty fun for a hexcrawl. Even if the random encounter table would probably just read "It's snakes or spiders. Probably both."

I don't like the Caslte being in the front of the kingdom. It doesn't have a buffer incase of a great siege. However it may represent the power or confidence of the kingdom but to each their own

ay cunt

Alternatively: They may be a primarily naval nation and not fear assault from the north.

Got me there! I think I have a weak spot for castles on the beach

Which bit is the slums? They all sound like names for decent places

As a bonus, a lot of Australian places have Aboriginal names that wouldn't sound too amiss in a fantasy world (unless you're an Australian yourself).

>Wollongong
>Yarrawonga
>Dardanup
>Gunbalunya
>Ngaanyatjarraku

>It's snakes or spiders. Probably both

A snake with spider legs? Or a spider with snakes for legs?

Don't forget the giant emus.

Fantasy Name Generator, corny but saves time on naming stuff

I didn't really use the hexes on the intention of using them for moving. It just felt like it made it more neat

In the intro lore for the continent this is the only populated place on the planet.

All in all I'm having a great time writing and making stuff up for my friends to enjoy

Also I somehow wanted robots, and lasers, and mechanical beings/vehicles without it being too sci-fi

Did some research on automatons, warforged, and amazingly I came up with an immense warforged boss that has Beholder eyes that shoot lasers so everything did end up working out

Or the crocs, jellyfish, kangaroos, drop bears, etc

things that spring to mind:

1. how big is this city?
2. why are there 4 different climates around it?
3:why are these districts so sharply defined?

and what sort of style are you trying to create here?

How big is a single hex?

>Straya
>Migrant Flotilla
10/10, very subtle