The new emperor declares that laws will no longer be arbitrary and governed by oral practice...

>The new emperor declares that laws will no longer be arbitrary and governed by oral practice, but rather will be written down so that everyone will know what they are not allowed to do

Other urls found in this thread:

g.e-hentai.org/g/745729/ffeeae01a6/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(lawgiver)#Draconian_constitution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But m'lud; I can't read.

And thus lawyers and bureaucrats were created.

This is also where the distrust of lawyers and bureaucrats by the common folk was created.

>He also attempts to limit retribution and stop people stabbing others to death over accidentally breaking their hand
>The new law is that punishment may no longer exceed the crime: an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

Rape for a rape?

You rape a man's daughter or wife, and you get raped by his donkey.

>The written laws are just as arbitrary as the oral ones, and nothing changes.

>writing down laws

Hey all, the new emperor is an idiot who can't even remember his own fookin laws! Has to write em down and look at em every five seconds.

i_got_cucked_and_my_wife_craves_your_dick_so_ill_make_you_my_bitch.manga

doesn't sound equal

Yes it is, rapists are just animals so they should be raped by other animals as punishment.

And one of those laws is lise-majeste.
Guess whose going to see the executioner tomorrow?

>gets killed next day

nothing makes people bend the laws like having them written down

Would you look at that, criticizing the emperor is against law # 26! And the punishment is...tongue chewed out by an isopod. Ouch. Guards, take him away...

>The new emperor declares that laws will no longer be arbitrary and governed by oral practice, but rather will be written down so that everyone will know what they are not allowed to do
congratulations, this one act will forever change the course of history and your (the emperor) name will be remembered for eons as "the guy who invented code of law"

all the other kings be so jelly.

>That's fucking bullshit, GM, why are you trying to railroad us?

I gotcha.

High tier husbando.

but why should they be raped by a different animal?
just throw rapists in a hole and force them to hatefuck each other

I love that the wife is instantly on board this crazy train. If I were the cucker in this, I might even suspect that this was the plan all along.
And that, officer, is how I ended up stabbing them both to death in self-defense.

No, you should put them in a cage with a bunch of Ducks, the rapists of the animal world. Or a pool of dolphins, either is acceptable.

sauce whare

Loads of animals procreate via rape, user. Males of some bug species actually have to rupture the female's exoskeleton in order for their semen to get in.

Dolphins are not one of them; that's a myth.

So you're saying we should have rapist Hunger Games
Fund it.

San Se Fang's the artist. The one about the tiger was fun as well.

Since they aren't capable of giving informed consent isn't all animal sex rape?

g.e-hentai.org/g/745729/ffeeae01a6/

Thx fampai

But they are (literally) set in stone. You can't just say "nah, let's solve this other way", because it's already decided how to solve such case.

Seriously, how fucking dense are you to not understand the importance of written law over oral one?

Yes, because when they are oral-transmitted, they are always perfectly worded, honest and unbendable.

Real world oral tradition uses some weird kinds of hash checks, from rhymes and meter to numerology

About time. My neighbour keeps nicking different things, telling me that it's okay to steal them on certain days.

Now I just need to learn to read.

no because your assumption is proven wrong by the numerous mating rituals visible in numerous animals starting from many arthropods even.

>.manga
>not .vn
Step it up, senpai.

...this was literally in a book i read. Well, it wasn't just the rapists, it's where they threw the worst of the worst, like pedos and shit. They were in a hole, which was in a dungeon, the center of which was a bottomless pit. Not enough food so they'd eat each other.

Obigatory mention that written codices of customary oral law surface pretty quickly in any area with significant commercial activity.

Obigatory mention that organising your own judicial review is and has been a highly sought-after privilege of any autonomous region, and that instating a central uniform code of law requires abrogating all these locally acquired rights and privileges, while making sure that you have a centralised bureaucracy/judiciary to ensure unity of interpretation and loyal local judges who enforce said unity.

Obligatory mention that enacting the above requires almost despot-like authority in a preindustrial society and an abundance of resources to fund your administration at the central and local level with.

You better learn how to read then.

I'm pretty sure this is description of hell in some religion.

They may seem to give consent but like a child they cannot fully grasp the implications of that consent which renders it invalid.

Since an animal doesn't even have the concept of choice, can any sexual activity between animals be called rape?

I will continue to act according to what dignity requires. The emperor can swivel on my middle finger.

Yes, because the animal never gave consent.

You read Cracked today, I take it?

>he doesn't even Atticus Finch

Pitiful

It's all just strange vandalism without a culpable party, property mindlessly damaging property.

Why must cute boys only exist in fiction?

A fascist ruler should rock a Sumerian beard. It's basically a big face-fasces.

Also, great! But what do you mean, reading? I'm not some goddamn hundreds-of-cows-aire who can do fancy shit like learn to read!

Pretty sure this is a power grab by radical elements in the Court. There is no good reason to limit the Emperor's authority in this way, and very many good reasons not to. An Emperor hobbled by precedent, particularly precedent literally 'set in stone', cannot effectively rule.

>Pedos
>Bad
Normies pls go

I miss when Cracked was funny and not entirely
>14 reasons you should feel bad for being a white male

When did it go to shit?

>>AltRight shitlord believes he can post
You're not wellcome here Or anywhere else Veeky Forums and the Internet are liberal land. I bet You even believe in god. Go back to your cave with your inbred family.

I have here a document signed by a previous emperor that grants me permanent rights to pull stupid shit. No, it's not a forgery. Certainly not.

2/10. Way too heavy on the retard business, you need to scale that back so people don't immediately recognize you as a troll.

depends on the animal
in the case of dolphins I'd dare argue they're sufficiently intelligent to understand the concept of consent

Not every country go by the word of the law. Some choose to use intentionally vague language and have courts decide wether people have broken the spirit of the law or not.

i like seanbaby and his old superhero comics.

You carry around a carved stone tablet that says "I can do what I want"? Signed Emperor Emp Rar? And you taught yourself to read and write just for that? ...10 out of 10 for dedication, mate.

This isn't a story about some supernatural assassin's apprentice, us it now?

Just realised one of my upcoming NPCs is just goblin Hammurabi

You don't get it, do you? It's much, much easier to change oral law than the written one, because there is no real "record" of it. There is a reason why all early law codes in all civilisations were set in stone or something similar and put into public view.

Oddly enough, this is kinda true. It's a lot easier to find a loophole within an established and consistent pattern of rules than it is to work around more vague codes left up to the discretion of local arbitrators.

Kinda like how it's a lot easier to break a programmed game than one run by a GM.

50 sheckles and you marry her, for a rape

>steal a sheep
>be fined 10 sheep
>if you don't have 10 sheep you're put to death
You seem to have misread the Code of Hammurabi.

Shut up Socrates, you're irrelevant as anything but a mouthpiece for Platon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(lawgiver)#Draconian_constitution

The laws (θεσμοί - thesmoi) that he laid down were the first written constitution of Athens. So that no one would be unaware of them, they were posted on wooden tablets (ἄξονες - axones), where they were preserved for almost two centuries on steles of the shape of three-sided pyramids (kύρβεις - kyrbeis).

"And Draco himself, they say, being asked why he made death the penalty for most offences, replied that in his opinion the lesser ones deserved it, and for the greater ones no heavier penalty could be found."

Draco pls

Draco had no imagination.

>cucker
I actually think the term is Cuckoo, like the bird

I believe that is the one he's talking about.
I must say, I was amused the MC found out the cost of his immortality

Enioying that cookie, user?

[Spoiler]Kill yourself

>oral traditions are immutable because of rhyme and rhythm.
If you were actually a student of any oral traditions you'd know just how mutable they were.

He read it perfectly fine.
It's your idiocy preventing you from understanding how and why this prevents retribution.

He wrote those laws for semi-barbarian population and compared with what was considered "law" before him, he was fucking mild and timid.

>kill a man for stealing a sheep
>punishment not exceeding crime
>not retribution
Okay user.

>semi-barbarian population
>Athenians
>"barbarians" generally defined as non-Hellenes
Yo what?

It's not a stone tablet, it's parchment. And I have 3 scholars in ancient history that testify it's the real deal.

Dogg do you have any idea how serious a crime it is to claim to have the emperor's permission when you don't? We're talking having beetles stuffed up your anus until you die tier punishment here, or more realistically being torn apart by horses.

user, don't want to break it for you, but Draconian law was set in early 7th century BC. Athens as you know and think about them won't be a thing for another 250 years. And back then Greeks were slowly going back to civilized world.
In fact, Draconian law is often considered as first sign of Greece getting out of the Dark Ages for good.

Ok, so you don't understand what's retribution.
Retribution - owner of the stolen sheep stealing a sheep back or going some other nasty thing; a feud is created
Law - thief is summarely prosecuted and punished for his deed by 3rd party that is not involved in the conflict; justice is done.

Dunno, if you are too tense to grasp this, I suggest watching Hateful Eight, it makes a great, yet simple tirade about the difference between what's called "frontier justice" and actual justice.

I tell ya! This writing isn't gonna catch on, it's just gonna be some weird phase the emperor's gonna be remembered for.

>2016 AD
>There are people who still don't understand the difference between private law and public law
Fucking medieval peasants were getting this and you can't...