1,2,3 = 2 Ts
4,5,6 = 4 Ts
7,8,9 = 6 Ts
0 = 10 Ts
Dubs/3digit palindromes = 12 Ts
Trips/4digit palindromes = 14 Ts
Quads/5digit palindromes = 16 Ts
4digit straights = 18 Ts
404 = incite revolution anywhere (even previously conquered factions)

RULES
Must have historical character name and faction in the name section
Must link to Mupdate
Must have a minimum 1 line of RP
>ALL OF THIS MUST HAPPEN FOR ROLL TO COUNT
No quit or mass ceding

REGS
Read the thread
Play along; it is more fun that way

All countries open. link here with:
>Leader Name
>Faction desired

King Brandon II
Brandenburg

you are hands down the best roller i have experienced. thank you for the map. i am struggling with GiMP. Paint was so easy :[

Paint is simple, that's its one advantage.

Sent out invites to other Risk games on /int/ and /qst/ and left posts in Veeky Forums and /pol/.

we shall see if anyone wants in...

Byzantine Empire
Roll to conquer Turkey.

Man I wish /pol/ allowed these threads, usually they fill up like crazy. It gets so bad that the OP has to deny players.

Yeah, i keep getting b& for risk. seems like they are popping up on /int/ and /qst/

The thing is, i like games with good historical RP and character/narrative development, and /pol/ falls into memery too often. either way, glad to have you. you are in.

So far, we have
>Brandenburg
>Byzantines
>France (me)

Shall we begin?

>>France (me
Same a britrisk OP?

I'll take Leon (I presume that's the yellow bit of Spain)

weeeelll there are only three of us... are you on the Riskclan skype? if so, wanna see if anyone of them wants to play?

yes... i hope that is a good thing :/

launch imminent

OK roll to here guys.

There's a skype clan for Veeky Forums Risk players?

The God fearing Catholics of Iberia will no longer tolerate the suffering caused by the Muslim invaders in these lands. For the safety of all Europe we will rally and push them out.

Attack the Moors of Iberia and drive them out! Reconquista!

Kill Turkish.

Was okay, but as it slowed down I fell asleep - it's a fairly early start today

And if any of these count, go eastwards into Castille

The mighty French forces march into Toulouse. We will unite the Kingdom!

Again with the taking of the dubs OP!

Now knowing there's a Castille player, eh, fuck Portugal

so goes the rumor...

counted. make sure to roll to latest mupdate

counted this time, but be sure to add at least 1 line of RP to your rolls

Your already declaring War on your own cousin when there are Muslims still in Iberia? Traitorous Dog! There isn't a pit in hell low enough for Iscariots such as yourself.

King Brandon of Brandenburg invokes his ancestor's claim over Saxony, and marshalls his men to retake his rightful inheritance.

No my brother, I seek to flank the godless horde!
(seriously, you joined as I posted. Also I now have an "official" move, by replying to the Map)

Still you attack our cousin in Portugal, A christian Sovereign. The Muslims to your south are just as lazy and inbred and inept as those who border the innocent Christians of Portugal

Europe explodes in conflict. The King of Brandenburg opens up his campaign season in Saxony. The 2 Lords of Iberia fall upon the Moorish hordes, sparing none. The Byzantines begin to expand in Asia Minor. The French begin the subjugation of Toulouse.

France continues its assault on Toulouse.

>Cloven II sends emissaries to the English, requesting lands in Normandy and remuneration for destroyed crops.
>His representatives never return...

I thought you couldn't attack a nation in the same empire as you?
Emperor Justinian I of Byzantine recognizes the Muslims as a threat, he commands a second invasion in Pontus (northern Turkey)

Bah, they were sympathisers

Drive the Moors into the sea, and claim the Pillars of Hercules

The rules are suspended on this map, but if you are familiar with MER you can invoke certain ones...

ALL PLAYERS:
Eliminating a faction gives you a +1. if you do not mark it in Sig i wont count it. If i forget to count a marked one, remind me and you will be credited.

I take the last vestiges of the Muslims in Iberia. If my victory is decisive, then I will command my two sons to visit the courts of Navvaro and Aragorn, to request the vassalhood of those nations to my own along with a request of marriage of their daughters to my sons. May the bloodlines of Christian Spain flow strong through it's Nobility for a thousand generations.

The marriage offer is just a fluffy RP attack role.

Castille>Moors>Navarro/Aragorn

Sympathisers I say.
(also pretty sure people in the same religion can fight, for what should be obvious reasons)

Put your country in your Sig pls...

>in Sig
??

Iberia doesn't count as an empire initially like HRE or the Byzantines do. I think it can be made one later by complete Iberian controal

Though his campaigning lacks the historic flair of his forebear, Brandon II is still valiant enough to lead his forces from the front as the march across the borders of Saxony, securing towns and castles for the Kingdom of Brandenburg.

Kinda looks like all your luck got used up in the 0 years war game. Shame. Slow and steady wins the race I guess.

The Moors have been expelled from Southern Iberia by the forces of Leon.

Castillian forces march on Navarre and Aragon, and Navarre is subsumed.

Brandenburg and the Ottomans continue their investments of Saxony and Turkey respectively.

The French continue their campaign of fratricide in Provence.

Brandon II is an incompetent child who romanticises the ancestor he was named after, I suppose.

The Armenians in Turkey have shown a bit of aggression towards their Byzantine masters. Justinian I of Byzantium declares war on them. And sends a great army to ambush them and destroy them. Threat Cyprus, but do not attack yet.

France wheels and attacks the occupying English investing the North Coast.

Your Grace, as monarchs of high cultures, i assume we can come to some sort of understanding about or potential borders. Tell me, is your Western cousin as dangerous as the minstrels sing?

Spill into murdering the folk in Cyprus as they have soldiers (tiles) that I can use in battle. Also
*threaten Cyprus

Aragorn must be brought under Castilian unity as well. Even after conquest it's king will be an honored Duke and free to take more control of his realm on request, and his daughters shall become the esteemed brides of my sons if it is his will. If the battle is quick and bloodless then the troops must turn their attention to the Moorish islands in the Mediterranean.

Castille > Aragon

After sustaining a minor flesh-wound in one of the border skirmishes with the forces of Saxony, Brandon II quits the field, removing his micromanaging, overly-idealistic oversight from the campaign.

His generals hope to make better progress without the young monarch breathing down their necks and dictating their every move.

considers palindromedy of my move
My brother in Christ, can you forgive my march through Portugal?
It was purely to produce an unexpected angle of attack that the unwashed moors would never expect - they trusted the idleness Portuguese.
Can we put aside our differences and be allies in Iberian Christendom?

His excuses for the conquest of Portugal are indeed strange and unorthodox as is his name among the Spaniards. I will admit that I do not trust him, but his efforts against the Moors are commendable. I fear war with him must be imminent if Iberia is to be united under a strong and just king.

If we can secure alliance between our peoples against the Saracens and warmongers then I would be overjoyed to see the borders of Spain and France may stand secure side by side until the end of time.

JSYK i choose the spills. im sorry if that sucks. usually, i require declarations of war or spills get wasted, but this map is huge...

Perfectly nice dubs, wasted

The Moors must be defeated, I shall not rest until it is so!
Do they own Malta, the Balerics and the Canary islands?

How long does a +1 last?
And will it wreck 0, dubs, trips etc.?

Iberia is now split between 2 victorious kings, and the conquest of Mediterranean Africa has begun.

Even in the abscence of the young monarch, Brandenburger forces struggle to submit the Saxons.

The Byzantines conquer the Rum and the Armenians in one fell swoop. It is rumored they will not stop until Islam is a distant memory...

France, as usual, is ineffectual.

Yes.

ALL PLAYERS
crossing water eats a T per roll
>if you have 6T coming your way, and 2Twater between, you will take 4T.

All game, assuming you hold the conquered Ts. Nontransferable, and it is a +1T.

France continues its attack on the English. We will free our land from Tyranny!!!

To Septimus of Leon, esteemed Crusader of Iberia. We see that in spite of your methods you are a true man of Christ as we would not see war against you happily. However, as the house of Castille is the realm of the older son and our dynasty the true inheritor to all the lands of Spain, we must insist on your vassalhood to our kingdom. If true peace is to be had and our Peninsula made strong through unity, you must lay down your laurels and declare that King Salvador of Castile is your Liege and that you and your sons will serve him faithfully as honored Dukes.

If this Ultimatum is not met then it is our utmost regret that you must be brought to heel until such a time as you are able to recognize our authority as the Masters of Spain.

It's to be expected that the Brandenburger forces would take a while to reorganise, even in the absence of their young King - and the bloody campaign continues, a vicious slog through fiercely resisting Saxony.

The official line is that Brandon II is making a speedy recovery, but rumours of an infection abound among the populace.

Declare war on the Abbasid Caliphate. I've had enough of this joke they call a civilization. Send 300 calvaries. Have 100 of the best archers invade their cities by surprise.

Waiting on Septimus' response

Out to the Canary Islands then, and death to any mohammadian between us and them

Would you be implying that I am not strong?
Or just?
We must cleanse the world of the Sarecen pox, but when such a deed is done... well, I'm sure we can find an agreement, as reasonable Christians
Check the Roman Legion that founded Leon

Vassalhood?

The agreement is to made now. I will set out in the name of Christendom with my home insecure and vulnerable for to do such is to be a fool. Do you submit myself as my vassal or do you not?

Waiting on Iberian diplomacy for 5min then Mupdate

Oh wait are vassals a thing in this map?

The word does not come soon enough

Castille takes up arms against Leon, focusing on the northern territories.

A good question.
And I am away in Africa - let us have peace through neither of us stewing at our homes, and expend any wrath that may rise against worthier foes

War breaks out between the Iberian Kings.

Brandenburg lands a decissive blow against the rulers of Saxony.

The Byzantines begin a war against the Abbasids.

France continue its Northern Campaign.

If you come to some agreement, sure.

The armies of Brandenburg continue their conquest of Saxony, and declare their intent to march south into Luciferan Bavaria, to expunge the foul Satanist influences from the Holy Roman Empire.

It seems communication has become an issue, not ill intent - or at least, that is my sincere hope

Nevertheless, my armies must return to the homeland... conquering the Moor's land as we return, of course

It is to be submission or subjugation. Spain is secured from the Saracens but now it must have unity if it to truly be a power in Europe. In all that I conquer I take every precaution to see that the wives and daughters of the conquered cities and castles remain unmolested and that all men are treated fairly and without cruelty. God have mercy on my soul for I do it for the future of Hispania.

Castile > Leon

If I take his starting area in Leon or Portugal's spot do I get another +1 or do I need to take his whole faction? If I do that do I get all his bonuses or just another +1?

Declare war on Antioch, kill them and then spill into the armies that I am at war with, the Abbasids. Justinian I has died from old age, unsurprisingly considering he's hundreds of years old now. Isaac II of Byzantium is the heir and new emperor of the Byzantine Empire.

Yeah that is a shame. I was getting impatient and worried about OP's update so I had to go through with it or risk missing my role completely.

France attacks Toulouse!

And we were doing so well against the Moors too.
However, I cannot let this stand
(don't think bonuses carry, and I'm really hoping it's not just the starting area)

The war is devastating in Iberia as Leon's forces return from North Africa. Leon is hardpressed by Castille.

Brandenburg overwhelmes Saxony and marches into the godless Bavaria.

The Byzantines continue their unstoppable march into the Middle East.

France is on the edge of conquering Toulouse and has its sights set on Burgundy...

Isaac II stops being a shitty leader like he did back then. This is an alternate timeline where he commands yet another invasion in Cyprus, with the rest of the men sailing back to fight against the Abbasid Caliphate. May their empire be crushed by the boot of the Byzantine. GLORIA!

Retake Iberia! This completely unjustified attack will not be allowed go unpunished

France declares war on Burgundy and mops up the remnants of Toulouse...

King Cloven would do well to remember that Burgundy is a member of the Holy Roman Empire, wherein an attack upon one from the outside is an attack on all.

The Brandenburger soldiery marches through what remains of Bavaria, and then commits to conquering the Rhine, once again citing the ancestral dynastic claims of the first King of Brandenburg.

If I take his own holds then he is more likely to surrender to me and recognize my authority as Emperor. My men march on the lands of Leon. Salvador marches along with his men with a dour look, greatly perturbed by the death of the Leonese Christians he is now directly responsible for. Still he marches on insistent that it must be done for the security of his Kingdom

Castille > Leon

We have rallied our men and are prepared for expansion. Please inform me of þe current state of europe.

There is war between Iberians. I am at war with Islam and Judaism and swear to snuff out the dying fire that is it's life on Earth. Burgundy and France are at war. Perfect time for you to expand, perhaps you can join the eastern Orthodoxy?

Duke Frederick;

I, King Brandon II of Brandenburg, have been pursuing my ancestral claims within the Holy Roman Empire, as is my right.

King Cloven of France has been doing similarly in his own Kingdom, and the Kings of Leon and Castille in Iberia have expelled the moors but now war amongst themselves on the subject of primacy.

The war for Iberia continues with massive attrition on both sides.

Brandenburg subsumes its second faction and invests the Rhine.

France takes Toulouse and begins to invade Burgundian territory.

The Byzantines secure Cypress and most of Mesopotamia.

Roll to here m8.

Isaac II sends a fleet to invade Abbasid shores, then he commands 300 cavalrymen, 200 infantrymen, and 100 archers to invade their cities.

France continues to invest Burgundy and sends reserves into the occupied Northern French territories.

We must prevail - Leon shall not fall to the Castilians

A column of Brandenburger troops declares their intent to retake the state of Luxembourg for the King, before resuming their campaign for the entirety of the Rhine.

An ultimatum is issued from the Regent's office to King Cloven of France, declaring that he is to quit Burgundy or face war with the Holy Roman Empire.

We declare loyalty to the eastern orthodox nations. We march on Lithuania, and also some forces will move south to Poland. We must expand to defend our Prussia homeland.

Thou great cities now fall. Next up is the wild barbaric Arabian tribes that shall fall down to their knees and kneel for the beheading that awaits them. May they burn in the smoldering embers of Hell and drink the glorious gore of their children as they bathe in the lake of fire. Onwards I march into the tribesman's land and slay them mercilessly.

>with massive attrition on both sides.
King Salvador walks among the tents of his generals in a rage, criticizing them for their actions both on and off the battlefield that has resulted in the loss of life both among their own troops and the enemy populace. He spends longs nights with his court priests praying to God for a quick and decisive victory knowing with all his heart that Spain can not remain divided if it is to survive

Castille > Leon

With our small roll, we wish to secure meme, our rightful Prussia clay.

Memel, the duke is a mobile device and cannot control the automus correctus

A Duke arises in Prussia, and invades Poland and Lithuania.

Brandenburg is stymied in his quest for Luxembourg.

The Byzantines continue to devastate the Abbasids.

Leon takes decisive action against the forces of Castille and makes significant gains. King Salvador rallies, but his troops were weary...

France, fearing a war with the Holy Roman Empire, halts its investment of Burgundy and turns North in an effort to expel the English invaders.

France continues to press the English, but splits off numerous cavalry cohorts that ride hard for Rhineland...

Brandenburger forces march on Luxembourg and the Rhine, and are told that any French forces they encounter are to be considered hostile, and to march south into French-held Burgundian territory once they are done.

The Duke orders his army to secure northern Poland and expand south. We will rise to supremely in the northeast of Europe and acquire the respect of other nations, whether it be by the diplomacy or the blade is yet to be seen.

Salvador is mortified by the defeat of his forces in Spain and his daily routine of prayer among the priests falters. To late perhaps he remembers that at the beginning of this war he recognized that the conflict was not a matter of religion but of the politics and security of christian Iberia. Now he devotes more and more of his time not within church but among his generals and spy masters looking for any hole among the enemy ranks that could be exploited for victory against the Leonese.

Castille must submit, or be destroyed!

Isaac II the Conqueror marches onwards into the damning streets of Abbasid cities, the homes of it's people are lit on fire and the mosques are showered in the blood of these sinners. The sultan will be captured very soon, I feel it.

Byzantium congratulates Prussia's turn to the lord and I personally pray for the catholics. They may not believe in me, but they are fighting believers of Christ and that is unacceptable. I advise them to kill unbelievers and barbarians.

See here, Young Brandon. I have halted my expansion into Burgundy to appease your childish hopes of a reformed Empire. If you persist in this matter we shall be forced to act. There is no need for this kind of conflict...

Esteemed King Cloven II of France,

While you unlawfully hold Imperial territories, Brandenburg absolutely sees such a need. Your rule in France shall never be challenged, but while you insist upon holding Imperial land, a lasting peace cannot be rightfully considered.

Yours,
Regent Wilhelm Ritter

---

Young King Brandon has not been seen in public since rumours of an infection in his wound.

You should be kicked out of the HRE considering the fact that you attack your brethren. I'd say that you are already at war with the HRE. Unless Burgundy left the HRE and no one else knew?

Leon has a slight edge over Castille, but will it be enough? They are both lucky the Moors are leaderless...

Brandenburg continues to subdue the German Principalities and conquers Luxembourg. They also invade France to return Burgundian territories to their original owners.

The Byzantines have no slaughtered more Muslims than there where in europe at the height of Moorish occupation.

The Prussians continue to invest Poland, but progress is slow in coming.