Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Sigmar smash edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Friendly reminder again, no AoS release in August.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Duardin, Aelfs suck.

isn't KAT dead?

Where did news about no AOS release in August come from? not read that anywhere even if it seems probable

might be because it is the german version

J-just need a clam pack to keep me on my feet.

well it looks like the age of ultramar is coming to 40k judging by the whole last battle of the eldar against chaos being teased right now

Well there's your problem, you're a foreigner and Nottingham is getting increasingly shitty at catering to you.

Remember when they used to translate the names of units and weapons?

Which of the Verminlords is the best in a mixed Skaven list? Looking to buy a kit but magnetizing them seems really hard. Looking at the Warbringer since I am running a lot of Verminus stuff anyways and the Deciever because Skitterleap seems really good.

Probably. Still weird.

yeah very true. Can live with it considering we've had lots of new releases

I don't think so, I've only heard they're moving things up even closer to the end.

Let's be honest here. I'd RATHER buy the English versions. The problem is that a) our store gets the English versions three weeks after the German ones and b) most Battletomes are hardcover in English but softcover in German and I like my Battletomes softcover. I'm old-school that way.

I'm gonna ask about Censer bearers again. anyone used them effectively? they just seem so much worse than Plague monks and like they don't know what they want to be. Frustrating when Pestilens only has 7 units to pick.

Also Doomwheels, anyone had any luck with them? i've yet to see one in AoS but i might dust off my own and try a Skryre/Moulder force. same with the doom-flayer but I'm worried it's going to be kind of lame

Have you got silver tower? If not you could try to find silver tower models on ebay.

To be honest, if they're gonna AoS-ify 40k, I hope that like WHFB it comes with about half a year of gorgeous model releases.

Duardin release is going to have blimps right?

And I heard a large golem with mounted duardin gunner.

>Switched to Order from Chaos

Time to go back to my two stores and swing them back to Sigmar.

The problem is, they're all good in their way.

The Corruptor, while imo the weakest of them, also happens to have the best Command for a mixed Skaven force (and can cast two spells a turn for even more support).

The Warbringer brings you raw, balls-out damage and an... okay unique spell.

The Warpseer is way too tough for comfort and can still dish out some hurt, but his Command SUCKS. Seriously, summoning a random number of Giant Rats is already shit in Open, but in Matched it's less than worthless.

The Deceiver is my personal favorite because he deals a lot of damage with a Rend of FUCK YOUR SIGMARINES and has a ridiculous teleport for a unique spell, but his Command, too, is awkward. Though teleporting him in front of Nagash and then having his mini-me Assassin popping out of his pocket is priceless.

Seraphon or Ironjaws for my first ever foray into wargame minis?

Censer Bearers are nice if you want to have constant Rend. I wouldn't use big blobs of them, but a few tiny ones between your monks can do some good, spreading their poison aura and rushing in to deal some more damage.

Doomwheels are way too unreliable to be good. Yes, they can do some incredible damage, but its average damage is kinda shit.

Ironjawz!

I like them both but picked Seraphon myself because they have more models available. Also i think they have more variety with options for magic, shooting and melee

Seras. Easier to paint.

Guess who's coming back

Yeah I mean it's nigh impossible for anyone to field big units of them. Who owns that many models? they were mediocre in fantasy and somehow seem worse in AoS.

One of my Pestilens lists i had 60 pts left over so i just filled it with 5 of them, played them as a support counter charge unit as i assume they are intended to be, yet they just barely hit any harder than monks and the 1 wound no save is crippling. Even shitty crossbowmen can deal at least 3-5 wounds in melee, and then it's over. they don't even fight back upon death like Monks do.

Not sure if you're aware but the the poison fumes is just pathetic. 4+ for one mortal wound? Come on, at least make it per Censer within 3 inches. And i see your point regarding the wheel, but i will try it at least once.

Our lord and savior

Battletome: Hammerhands when?

He'd be wasted on AoS, he can actually write rules fairly well.

No. No. I thought we were free of him.

No. I can't do this again, not again.

BASED WARD.
THIS TIME 100% FLUFF, AWRIGHT.

I'm okay with this.

Stormcast could actually use some decent Stormhost specific rules

youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

How would he be wasted on AoS then? He can basically do what he wants there. Would be nice to have him working for the new 40k edition.

Yeah, but the stat sheets for this game are simplistic enough you could pop out a faction in an afternoon. The only hard part is working out the buff interaction gimmicks.

>Stormcast could actually use some decent Stormhost specific rules

no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooo

Sounds like he could make something fun without horribly breaking everything else like he usually did

Well okay, I'll admit that if he did the -core- rules for a 2nd edition of AoS that'd prolly not be a waste of his talents.

Individual battletomes is a triviality you could put any rules writer on.

>let's make models that can reliably charge 30" and do 6 mortal wounds on a 2+

Apparently not

Let the chapter tactics flow through you brother

>2nd edition of AoS

No such thing as editions in AoS.

Tweaking the core document in a few significant ways for a (hopefully) better experience would consitute a new edition.

NO. It's going to lead to Stormhost fanwankery like 30k and you know it.

They've said they'll be doing that anyway. Called the 4 rules a living document.

30k rules are the best maturation of the 3rd ed ruleset that GW ever put out. That's not saying a lot but FW managed to polish a turd pretty well

So when are vampires getting their own book, and we will see the return of Vlad a d Isabella?

It wouldn't have to be anything too ridiculous

Something like the old generic chapter tactics for 4th ed space marines where you picked bonuses and flaws

Something like: if your army has Allegiance Stormcast, you make pick 1 advantage from the table below or you may pick 2 advantages but must also pick 1 flaw.

Could be things like making Dracothians Battle-line or giving lightning strike to certain (non paladin) units.

Ah, fucking hell no!

No, fuck off.

Yesssss.
My strength is returning.

What's the worst that could happen?

>They put Mat Ward in charge of the new Aelves

>Infinite re-rolls in combat returns

>Aelfs now get Irresistable Force again

>"Purple Sun of Xereus" returns as an Aelf-exclusive spell

>Tyrion is rampaging through the Realms of Chaos destroying everything

Fuck no. NO.

That's the rumor. They're taking the steampunk engineering aspect of them and turning it up to 11

Rumors also suggest steampunk power armor and jetpacks. They may be more space Marine than stormcast Eternals

Yes! This guy's style may be a bit much, but it's perfect for aos!

ULTRAHAMMERS

Choose 1 bonus and 1 flaw

Bonus

>can take Concussors, Desolators, Fulminators and Tempestors as battleline

>may give any Battleline unit the Lightning Strike ability.
BUT

>must include +2 Battleline on top of normal requirement

OR

>cannot include paladin units

OR

>cannot include any Lord-Celestant models.

If Duardin have an awesome blimp, I'm going to be sooo happy.

For GW it's a slippery slope. They just can't contain themselves.
Warhams core rules aren't that bad actually. Afaik people loved warhammer historical. It's just that GW powercreeped them (both whfb and 40k) to hell.

2nd ed was always better and would have been a better template for future growth compared to boring and limited 3rd edition

And a few years later every second release is a new battletome for some special snowflake Sigmarine chapter. Pls no.

Thought up a themed Ogre list.

A Brawl of Ice and Fire

>Icebrow Hunter
>Firebelly
>3 Ogors
>3 Ogors
>3 Leadbelchers
>2 Frost Sabres
>2 Frost Sabres
>2 Frost Sabres
>2 Frost Sabres
>2 Frost Sabres
= 1000 points

Not sure how they'd perform on the field, but I think it has potential. For 2000, I could go with the Skal Battalion to make those Sabres and Hunters into ambushers and add some Ironguts, another Firebelly and maybe a single Thundertusk. (Heck, I'd add a Phoenix, plonk an Ogre on top and call that an Orc Boss on Wyvern, but I wonder if people would be okay with that).

I wouldn't be surprised if the named Stormhosts got their own rules.

If Savage Orruks can do it, the protagonists should be able to. Ward will make it so

>>"Purple Sun of Xereus" returns as an Aelf-exclusive spell
Not overly scared about that. They brought back Dwellers Below, too and it ended up being one of the worst spells in the Sylvaneth lore.

So is he going to be a BL author or something?

>Purple Sun of Xereus
>Choose a unit within 30"
>your opponent throws 1d6, you throw 2d6
>if your roll was higher than your opponents, remove that unit from play
>if you rolled less, each model in that unit recieves 2 mortal wounds

t. M. Ward

Skryre player here, Doomwheels are great fun but way too unreliable to use.
For 140 points you can field a ratling and another weapon team, or for 40 points more a Warp cannon.

Oh, you're one of the doom prophets who discredits everything Ward has ever done as broken bullshit despite the fact that his later releases actually ended up pretty decent. Okay, got it.

Sorry, but he literally killed 7ed Fantasy singelhandedly. The Daemon book was so blatantly overpowered and sucked all the fun out of the system. AoS is very, very fragile when it comes to balance and Ward is the last thing AoS needs right now.

wouldn't mind a stormhost book with some special battalions myself, even if i'd also like greater army variety.

Seems we only get to hear about the hammers of sigmar and the celestial vindicators, would love to know more about all the others

>Sorry, but he literally killed 7ed Fantasy singelhandedly.
I agree. And his Grey Knights book in 40k was also bullshit. But 5th Ed Necrons and the last Wood Elves book were actually pretty decent and well balanced, with tons of extra flavor added.
So he obviously got better after his early fuck-ups.

And let's be quite frank here: Any balance that can survive the new bullshit Beastclaw units can survive a dose of the Ward.

With all the talk of 40k end times, it may be he's just freelancing on that for all we know.

>not mentioning the Hallowed Knights, the chapter with the most interesting mission (saving the Realm of Life from Nurgle) and the most compelling characters (Gardus, Grymn and Tornus)

Now with the Realm of Beasts getting explored, also expect to see more of the Astral Templars.

Well, I kinda doubt it, considering he made sure to get the Sigmarine statue into the frame.

>With all the talk of 40k end times
What talk? It's literally just you.

ah right forgot about the silver guys!

He's probably just going to write the aelfs lore parts

Possibly this. He might not even be involved with the rules at all. Doesn't he write fantasy novels now? He could be doing something for black library for all we know.

>5th edition Necrons
>balanced

the codex was balanced for only couple of months before 6th edition hit and it became ridiculously overpowered

I just assembled my Maw-Krusha, and was thinking on a general opinion.
Would you be ok with a player, building the riding warboss, mixing parts of the regular warboss (using the gob and banner for instance), but also throwing in some Gordrakk parts (such as the head and bone parts). Magnetizing the hands, and helm for the actual Maw-Krusha, for an easy and clean way to switch between the models.

To me it sounds pretty obvious, if the dude has two axes, I don't care about the esthetics of the rest of the model, as no other option but Gordrakk can wield two axes. If he´s got a polearm and a knife, it has to be a warboss, as Gordrakk doesn't come with those weapon options.
What is your take on this Veeky Forums? I just don't want to go down to my LGS getting frowned upon because I didn't model my Gordrakk just like the box cover.

Nah, it just had the advantage of Tesla being just about the only Anti-Air aside from Quad-Guns at that point. Other than that it was good, but not as good as Heldrakes, Tau and Eldar.

Could you just magnetize himself onto the Krusha? Seems like that should be pretty easy

Well, as most new AoS releases has also sold on the 40k aspect of things (who here hasn't got a local guy who bought up several starter sets just to make Marine conversions?). The new Orruks for instance, looks extremely mergeable with Orks in 40k, and I have no doubt that the Duardin will become excellent conversion parts for anyone remotely interested in creating a Squat force.

In my opinion, if you buy a 100 dollar model you should be allowed to build it however the fuck you want. And if you then choose to use it as the strongest, most expensive version of that model, why the fuck not, so long as you don't insist on using Gordrakk's rules while paying only for the garden variety. I would even - shock horrors - allow you to play it as Gordrakk without putting the ridiculous scrap of armor on the Maw-Krushas face.

Anyone being that pedantic about the look of someone else's model is not anyone you should be playing AoS against

user there is a guy at my store that put a terminator ultramarine on his maw krusha
do whatever the fuck you want

Well, you only get 1 base warboss (legs, torso and arms), and the rest is unique parts of ether a regular Warboss or Gordrakk.
I will most likely play Gordrakk 95% of the time, but in smaller games, when I want to try an alternative and in games where points do matter, I will pick the Warboss.

If I ever have the money laying around, and i can be assed to get back into 40k, I want to convert the Megaboss into Mega Armored Warboss

haha, my sides!

Nice to now there are hopes up for just regular fun, and gorgeous models in this game!

Wait it's really only one torso? That's gay. I was able to magnetize my star drake to be both Celestant and Templar so I'm kinda disappointed there.

Oh well you know what, if you magnetized the head and weapons I wouldn't even blink an eye.

2000 points slaanesh list

>lord on manticore (blade and shield)
>sorcerer
>sorcerer
>10 warriors (shield)
>10 warriors (shield)
>10 daemonettes
>5 knights (spears)
>5 seekers
>herald on exalted chariot
>6 bullgors (great weapons)
>chariot (great weapon)

otherwhise I could just remove the chariot to get 10 gors to get a third battleline and then combine the warriors to make a single unit of 20

Anyone got a free copy of "How to paint Ironjawz" ? Its not up on the OP links.

anyone figure that Sigmarite and Gromril are at least related to each other, if not actually the same thing?

Dwarves had to mine pretty deep to get it...

It would probably be later on as time goes stormhost get more unique and get different tactics and units

Gromril is from meteorites.
Sigmarite is the magic metal from the old world's core.

All the recent books is clearly leading to an end times event

What's probably going to happen is every faction is broken in one big event and then a time skip with everyone recover and lunches a great crusade style

During that time

The Emperor is semi return but still in the golden Thorne but he can lead agian

Eldar are reborn

Ultramarines necrons and tau are force to team up to fight nids

Abby lost but he set up his own imperium

Primarchs are back

40k gets AoS style rules

The silent king would get his own model so necrons can now have their own Primarch

Ditto for the avatar and laughing god

Deamon Primarchs

I think the Slaanesh Lord on Daemonic Mount would actually be better than the Manti-Lord. And since you can only cast 1 Daemonic Power per turn, I'd suggest replacing one Sorcerer with a Doombull. Also, toss the Seekers and the Chariot and add Hellstriders. Hellstriders are awesome, especially with a Slaanesh Lord on Daemonic Mount to keep them company.

I have a stonehorn model, but what's the difference (in terms of model) between the Frostlord, Huskard, and Beastriders as a rider? Is it magnetizable, or which is best?

Is Ghal Maraz made from Laihtero Gromril?

The Warbringer is firmly the best in a mixed Skaven list.

Deceiver Skitterleap is a fun gimmick that will work against some opponents, but it's not as good as people think it is.

The Warbringer offers solid damage output and a VERY GOOD spell. Death Frenzy is great in a game where swinging before the other guy is a huge advantage because you get to kill models before they can strike back. Skaven suffer quite a bit when more than one of our big units of verminus get locked up in combat at the same time because we rely on being at full strength (above 30 for clanrats) to do damage, and are so fragile.

Death Frenzy solves that. Charge the enemy with one unit that you intend on activating first, and then charge them elsewhere with a Death Frenzied unit. Logic dictates they should activate against the unit that hasn't swung yet, but when they do you'll still get damage out of the models they kill.

It works particularly well when combo'd with a Verminus Clawpack and a general like Tretch Craventail who can further buff our big infantry units. Death Frenzied 2 attack -1 rend clanrats are nothing to joke about (to say nothing of 3 attack -2 rend stormvermin).

how many hellstriders?