A question of ethics and good DMing procedure

Is it wrong to disguise an important plot hook as waifu bait if you know that's the best way to get your player to interact with it? I routinely have difficulty getting one of my players to engage with plot hooks, he just doesn't seem to care, or maybe he doesn't recognize them (i really hope he isn't that stupid). Normally the rest of the party compensates and this isn't a problem, but because we've had a few people move/get busy, right now while we are looking for group i'm running a solo campaign for him. Thus far i've basically had to bash him over the head with npc's or he just kinda sits there wondering what to do. However i do recall several instances where he has acted of his own accord, and just about every time i remember him doing this, there was a potential waifu involved. It's not always a good thing, For instance one time we were playing module that happened to have a character that matched his kinks, and he derailed the whole damn thing, but at least it gets him to interact. So, there is a pretty big plotline i have planned, and i need a way to get him sucked in. Is it wrong to bait him, making full use of my knowledge of his proclivities? What say you Veeky Forums?

Here is a tip for good posting:
Press the fucking enter key once in a while.

Genuflect.

Look at the Ys series: there was always a woman involved.

...i fail to see how doing him homage will solve my problem.

user, this is GMing 101. My players would never get anything done if I didn't slap a loli on it.

I was always given to understand that it was looked down upon as a plot device.

[ ] Genuflect
[ ] Rape the maids
[x] Touch fluffy tail

Don't think of it as baiting them, just say you're tailoring it to their tastes, especially since you're running a solo campaign with them now.

so basically consensus is i should just do it?

Yes, and then tell is how it went.

Yeah, he obviously wants a harem simulator so just pump waifus into every single plot point.

So long as you're willing to RP the waifus.

>My players would never get anything done if I didn't slap a loli on it.
I automatically imagine it's always the same loli. She's one of those incredibly powerful 1000 years old demons with looks of a child and she's bored out of her mind. The party are most amusing band of misfits she met over past couple decades, so she keeps guiding them along into more adventures.

Can you be my GM? I want lolis on my games

Give him a waifu.

I mean yeah, it's what the dude wants.

It's harmless, as long as everybody's having fun.

you asked Veeky Forums, you knew what the answer would be
to me it sounds like this guy has issues as a player and maybe you could take this 1-on-1 time to try find out why, but not knowing enough about him or the situation I can't really recommend anything
and I'm not even going to try to disagree with Veeky Forums's consensus

Honestly i didn't think this would be the consensus, i thought we would have more people here hating on waifu's, and at least one summer-fag screaming magical realm.

...Well, let there be busty redheads i guess. Fuck i hope this doesn't get awkward.

It's only as awkward as you make it senpai

Idea stolen

Eh. If you're so socially awkward that you can't convince him to follow any plot hook without throwing loli bait then just ask him "Why are you playing?"

You are welcome.

Just run a hexcrawl and give him a bunch of hooks to choose from.