Horus Heresy General /hhg/

ThreadAnon is ded Edition
You're stuck with me! Sub-Edition
In the last thread something something TLDR. Did see spiders though, so I'm not going back there. Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

First

Second for assnipple leviathan dreadnoughts

How are Caestus Assault Rams? They look cool.

Reminder that Beakies are Iron Warriors too.

more like first to run away

N O T C A N O N

O

T

C

A

N

O

N

>lol we used a chaos powered DAoT artifact to beat you
>we so tuff
Well at least the DA's association with Chaos ended there, right?

So legion tac support squads: 10 man, flamers and CC weapons, with a rhino any good? seems like it would be fun as fuck

sounds good, you could use it for alright crowd control as well, as you're going to be slightly stronger on the charge and no ones going to want to charge 10 flamers

its only around 245 points, may 255 if you want a PW on the serg. Shame Banestrike flamers aren't a thing

>legion known for using dirty, underhanded tactics
>complaining about the use of dirty, underhanded tactics

Loyalty is it's own reward

You running SoH or Alpha memes?

SoH have the merciless fighters rule or whatever it's called, so that's going to make them way more appealing for SoH players.

They are insanely costly, but are av 13 4hp flyers. stick 10 terminators in there and you can have some fun

Alphas unfortunately. could be fun with WE: a bunch of flamers follwed up by str 5 ap 4 attacks

to be fair, you have got the power fist + power dagger combo available for the sarge, so it's not all bad

>Loyalty is it's own reward
>Mfw loyalists actually believe this.

I keep forgetting PF are only 15 points. 20 points for the dagger/fist for 4 str 8 attacks on the charge. Noice catch user, know whats my next purchase!

>mfw traitors need something more for compensation for doing a job they were built for.

Poor Talos. Just wanted to be the hero.

Better be a loyalist who gets nothing than a traitor who gets insanity, dinobots, mutations, impurity, and more importantly than getting a bad codex the jobbing. You'll exist only to make the hero of the week look cool, be a stepping stone for future heroes of the week to step on, or make Abby look cool.

Uzas did nothing wrong

i have started building the thousand sons .
can you guys help me how to get this metallic color scheme from FW WITHOUT an airbrush?

>dirty, underhanded tactics
>Dark Angels
What? I thought SoH were the dirty gang fighters

You give up now and pick another Legion.

>Better be a loyalist who gets nothing than a traitor who gets insanity, dinobots
>Dinobots
Magnus wanted to harness the dinopower for good, alas no leash can bind the dinos.
Unless it's that fucking dwarven bindings made out of impossible things, but squats hadn't been yet discovered.

No I was saying how a NL user was complaining about how the DA beat them by using dirty, almost cheating tactics, when this is exactly what the NL were known for doig

The entire VIII Legion did no wrong.
Being the Night Lord is suffering.

:(

Some kinda silver undercoat, multiple layers of red wash?

Hmm... Sounds like a good deal.

Maybe get two and run a fluffy breacher force, and when Havocs and/or Tyrants have their own models, use them as giant flying Tank transports.

Where can I find info on which legions favored which marks of power armor?

Dunno where exactly, but you can go off of their fighting style and infer from other lore bits and such.

White Scars would have tons of MkII and MkIII because of being stranded out in the middle of nowhere, having little to no access to decent supply lines, and no one telling them anything about the Heresy.

Iron Warriors favored MkII and MkIII for it's durability.

Death Guard favored MkIII for it's durability.

SoH used MkIV because they stole all the newest tech.

Alfalfa Legion used MkIV and MkVI because MkIV was the newest stuff and they stole MkVI and manufactured it by themselves.

Raven Guard loved MkVI for the same reason the Alfalfa Legion loved it, because it had more advanced stealth capacity and sensors.

World Eaters loved MkV because it looked scary and you could fix it with Duct Tape.

And so on.

When is the Blood Angels stuff coming out?

>Raven Guard loved MkVI for the same reason the Alfalfa Legion loved it, because it had more advanced stealth capacity and sensors.
Also because Corax literally did it
Also because dat beak

>WS
>MkIII

What? MkIII was heavy and slower than MkII, no way Scars would of taken it

As far as generalizations go

I - Mk2/3
III - Mk4
IV - Mk2/3
V - Mk2/3
VI - whatever they want
VII - Mk2/3/4
VIII - Mk4
IX - Mk4/5
X - Mk2/3
XII - Mk3/4
XIII - Very specific, appropriate choices for each role in the Legion
XIV - Mk2/3
XV - Mk2/3
XVI - Mk4
XVII - Mk4
XVIII - Mk2/3
XIX - Mk6
XX - Mk4/5/6

Of cours ethey would've. After all, they had to do lots of ZM and boarding actions, and when they weren't they could be on a bike/in a vehicle, which meant that their armor wouldn't really be slowing them down, or something along those lines, iirc.

Working on trying to make a Destroyer list and I'm at the point where I've basically given up until a ROW comes out.

So now it's to stage 2: Assume there's a ROW with them as compulsory troops and make a bunch of lists that will never happen.

Assuming this fictional ROW isn't legion specific, I'm not sure what legion to go with (since destroyers are still terribly over costed and I want all the help i can get)

NL: + +1 Hit/Wound if outnumber in CC (Jetpacks bulky)
SoH: + +1 BS within 12", Extra Attack at I1 if outnumber in CC
WE: + Rage, Apothecary Meth and Axes
BA: + +1 Wound with melee weapons
DA: + +1Hit same WS, Stasis Rockets for Destroyers

B Tier
Fists: + +1BS w/ Bolt weapons ( - Yellow, are Fists )
DG: + Scythes
AL: + Mutable Tactics, Memes

Corax didn't invent that armour. His legion got the "honour" of testing the apparently flimsy as fuck MkVI because Perturabo wanted it to fail in order to develop MkIII 2.0
>Internal politics within the various Legion commands saw this honour bestowed upon the Raven Guard, depleted in number after the bloody fighting in the Aukum-Sothos Cluster. Speculation at the time suggest that a faction amongst the Primarchs and Legion commanders, led by Perturabo, intended this assignment to an under-strength Legion to be the death-knell of the Mark VI armour, leading to its replacement by a sturdier design.

>XIII - Very specific, appropriate choices for each role in the Legion
Bullshit. MkIV.

Scars
>Bonus to hit if you've moved maximum distance
>power glaive bullshittery
>free skilled rider to automatically pass dangerous terrain

>pic related
>totally MkIV

White primer. Silver undercoat. Thinned red main coat. Don't know what GW are calling them these days, but MIthril Silver and Go Fasta Red used to do the trick when I was painting up Saim Hann jetbikes for the then girlfriend and she wanted a metallic paintjob for them. Had to be careful of the red pooling and give it way longer to dry than usual as it was thinned almost to ink level.

I knew it existed because him and that was about it, thanks for that.

B A S E D L O R G A R

Fluff from Index Astartes days onwards stated that Iron Warriors paradoxically had very few suits of Mkiii and relied heavily on Mkiv.

You can't harness the dinopower. You can only contain it by digging too deep and hiding the remains. Or if you encounter any Balrogs/their knockoffs/something worse on the way leave the Dinobones with them to guard.

Actually, looking closer at that shade I'd go with a brazen bronze undercoat.

>Maybe I shouldnt've done all that chaos stuff...

>b-but muh murk thruuuu!

Personally I don't give a shit, I use suits that look cool for the purpose.

Any reason to take combi-weapons on Grave Wardens?

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

You deserve a gold star from your demented husband, Curzefag.

I never realized that Word Bear had his face pulled back by tubes(?) before.

We have no idea. Mid or late year at the earliest. They won't be in the next book (due this winter), and FW hasn't given any clues about what will be in the one after.

The White Scars are in a tough situation. They'd probably prefer Mk IV (or even VI) for the light weight and agility, but they were always pushing beyond their supply lines and therefore stuck with older stuff. Ullanor was probably the last time they received a big shipment of supplies - after that, they may have received small quantities while at Chondax. Then they realized the Heresy was happening all around them and they were surrounded by Traitors. For the four years between that and returning to Terra, they could only loot from the enemy.

Also, during those four years a lot of their battles were in space - lots of boarding actions. The representative White Scars units from that period might actually be breachers, crazy as that sounds.

This is perfect, Curzefag. Better than I expected, and it's wallpaper sized too!

Marry me.

That is not a bad idea.
The bonus to hit is actually reroll 1's which is sort of better, especially with their rad grenades.

I got an IW squad kitted out in THESE:
Only thing cooler than those were the original Chaos Renegade designs. :D

1/24-scale car modelers would undercoat in gold, then spray clear red over it. Lots of rattle cans in car modeling. Your best option is to do the same, then glosscoat. Wash/oil over the glosscoat, and if you screw up while painting details you might be able to rub it off with your fingernail or a q-tip and not remove anything under the glosscoat.

You'll want to spray the gold at the very least. Then buy a clear red acrylic - I don't think GW's is bright enough, you still want to look in the model car section. And don't get Tamiya, they're meant for airbrushing (if you must, thin with rubbing alcohol, NOT water).

Thanks, but my affections already belong to senpai.

>Implying it isn't standard for all legions to clad their breachers in MkIII
You think Raven breachers come in MkBI or something, user?

Ultramarines are going to get MkIV breachers for themselves soon.

Nice headcanon, IF breachers are a Mk IV kit so yeah I could see a unit being made with Mk VI and breacher shields.

Oh, you mean that their choice of armour is, what was that user said... oh, right, "Very specific, appropriate choices for each role in the Legion." Fancy that.

Also, where does it say MkIII is THE breacher armour?

>dinobots
But Scott McNeil also does voices for loyal Imperials.

It's Kor Phaeron

Undercoat in silver, then Buy an airbrush

What if the Emperor made a little sister to the Primarchs

Why is the MkII Standard Bearer the only one in MkII armor to have a veryical plume, rather than a horizontal one like the upgrade set?

One for each, or female primarch?

I was thinking one little sister to all of them, but one for each sounds fun too... hm.

One for each sounds better.

Sort of like a cute, yet still super human/inhumaly tall, mini-me sort of thing.

This is gonna turn into Warhammer High 2.0 isn't it

Assuming she's just a primarch but female, she'd likely be the same as her brothers--HUGE, intelligent, lethal, and loaded to the brim with parental issues.

Tzeench already made one for you. Behold! the missing 11th Primarch. note: she had to be put down shortly after her discovery for working with chaos-worshiping xeros

Hopefully not.

It was a traitor win anyway, sure a few Night Lords got killed, but the long term affects of Jonno screwing around with the Chaos fuckery it took to kill them cost fully half of a relatively intact Legion and forever stained their honour.

>intelligent

Just like the other primarchs, right?

So then what are everyone's imouto

As a side note, I did stumble upon this while looking for Samus pictures.

The Primarchs fell victim to what is basically the galactic version of throwing a chair.

Okay, book-smart and (usually) militarily brilliant.

Well it's better than anything I can draw, but I suck at art.

Angron already has Lotara Sarrin and the Khan has Ilya Whatsername. Obviously, Curze would get Barbara Gordon. Rob gets a Vulcan, Dorn gets a stern und strict German sister, and Fulgrim gets the female equivalent of Jacobim Mugatu.

I'm gonna fucking kill this Barbara Gordon

Bitch better not try and steal my senpai

>I'm gonna fucking kill this Barbara Gordon
Joker pls no

Fucking moron

Sorry, Curze needs (and WANTS) someone good and pure with a retarded name and a nicer rack than you will ever possess for that soothing motherly comfort.

tfw Curzefag is Joker from Flashpoint

No, he needs me. And he wants me. Even if he doesn't know it yet.

MUH THUNDER WARRIORS STRIKE FRUM ABUV.

STEHL REIHN.

Are you a black woman with a huge posterior?

No?

Then fuck off and let Curze rape his Vulkan dakimakura to death some more, you slobby white pig.

>Also, where does it say MkIII is THE breacher armour?
Here's the source of my very personal headcanon.
Turns out it says "usually" instead of "universally", so there's room for other marks.

Considering building an Angel`s Wrath list, how much pain is it to assemble Fire Raptors and Storm Eagles?

Seriously, it's bugging me.

Like an eternal meadow of barbed wire for you to dance in as the skies rain salt.

Magnus' little sister would be a strong psyker like himself and a massive bookworm.

Or if we wanted to be funny, a female version of Angron.