MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

No shitposting about proxies for once Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=21271
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jagged-pauper/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Alesha
>tits
UNACCEPTABOORU

Should I build Mizzix, Melek or wait until Kaladesh for an artificer?

I'm sorry

I like how that alter artist was still able to capture her Adam's Apple

What's a good casual deck? I have three pretty well tuned decks and now I'm looking for something that won't give new players the feel bads, and is roughly better than a precon.

It seems useful but black also has quite a few pay/draw cards at less than 5 mana, i can see how it would work in a reanimator shell tho

It's just titty armor user, she wants to be fish

>artificer
Get those charge counters son

Repostin for (you)s
It's 2 different decks, though I can tell you U/R artifacts are more goodstuff ramp and cheat out fatties and less MLD, Lockdown and Stax like it's mono coloured cousins.

Wait for kaladesh
If wizards dont make a decent UR artificer commander in the artificer expansion i will personally goto to hasbro with an assault rifle and show them the true peace of islam

Merman
MERMAN!!

I recently make a temur stompy deck with mostly khans block cards and surrak at the helm, it is casual as hell but so full of flavor you can taste it and its cheap

>Alesha
>blonde
>female

>bleach or hair magic
>booby magic or

I mean, the raw power is clear, an instant speed black draw spell which is aggressively costed mana wise you cast it eot taking what you want and pitching anything thats useful in your gy. The main appeal to me is that it's an instant desu.

Proxy time? Proxy time.

i like it a lot, just wish i had the curve for using it.

does anyone in here use pain seer as a poor man's bob?

My favorite casual decks to play
Ghoulcaller Gisa zombie tokens
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade swamps-matter
Tajic, Blade of the Legions human soldiers tribal
Bruna, the Fading Light angels recursion

Oh, I should have specified, I have a Maelstrom stompy deck already, an Ayli control, and a brago infinite combos deck. Anything else in any other colours KS fair game, sorry user.

>a poor man's bob?
That's this user and it's even better in B/W Daxos

>korlash
Any spicy tech? He looks fun and interesting.

I ended up getting a precon and just edited it a bit for that purpose.

Building a Narset deck. How much hate should I expect?

All of it

And then some.

I have a quick ruling question I would greatly appreciate some help on.

I have a Parallax Wave with 4 counters and my opponent has a creature I want to exile. I remove a counter and my opponent responds with a Vines of Vastwood. Could I remove another counter from my Parallax Wave in response and still exile the creature?

I am prepared toe receive all of the hate as I take my turns.

Maximum. Maybe slightly less if you're awful.

Yes

Yes. That is basic priority stuff.

Yes

I have the parts of a Meren Precon I could slap together at a lower power level, but that deck is pretty strong as is. Maybe a janky Mimeoplasm?

Your opponent needs to get stonewood invocation

Nightmare Lash and Lashwrithe are his obvious relics of choice that turn him into a fat fucking monstrosity.
Nightmare Incursion and Mind Sludge are fun late game twists.
All the mana multipliers are obvious (Extraplanar Lens, Crypt Ghats, Gauntlet of Power, Nirkana Revenant, Caged Sun).
Liliana of the Dark Realms is a must. I also make good use of Druidic Satchel. Getting out Myriad Landscape and Crucible of Worlds is really nice?
Hard to say beyond that. Just swamps and things that like swamps.

I like that card.

Speaking of narset, my friend is brewing one, what are some hard counters?

He unknowingly gave me the okay to run tangle wire and winter orb against him in my stax deck, should I actually do that to him?

Sweepers.dec is pretty much it.

I play this against newer players
>cast creatures
>turn sideways
Against really new players i take out the combos and revenant/ghast

I usually lend this deck to people who want to learn the game, it has creatures, some ramp and removal and abit of tribal synergy, it can also be made super budget replacing older vampires with soi/emn cards

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/

I love Moonlight Bargain for the fact that its instant speed. You get 5 cards for 5 mana at instant speed.

Stuff that removes hexproof for super easy removal. Stuff that stops her attacking like magus of the moat. Stuff that stops her bullshit like stranglehold, or limits spells per turn like curse of exhaustion. Gaddock Teeg.

the closest thing I would compare it to would be a black FoF, it's great.

Elesh Norn would shit on her parade pretty good. I'm disappointed, I already have a deck setup to beat him. Fuck, I was hoping for a challenge.

Exactly, except you get to choose everything.

All the spells in B and W that make them sacrifice a creature or an attacking creature, (it targets the player not the creature) they put all their eggs in one basket you go make them an omelette

Trinisphere

How many cards have the Rebel creature type anyway? There's not many I can think of, and that would make this card pretty pointless if there's not enough things for it to affect.

Aether flash is a pretty funny one. It hates on a lot of small commanders (animar included).

But I like red

Also I want to try a spellslinger deck, I've never done anything like that before. My decks are usually blitz motherfuckers with a huge team or go tall. I had a Daretti durdle deck as well, wincon was a terrible 4-card combo involving Prototype Portal, Kurkesh, Unwinding Clock and Darksteel Juggernaut

How different is Melek from Mizzix?

62 in black white and green apparently (maybe less with reprints), not really enough for mono white for rebel tribal

I think my friend is building Emrakul 2.0 for this weekend's games

What's some spicy anti-tech for it

REPRINT DOUBLING SEASON PLS
PLISSSSSSS

A single counter spell. Alternatively, stax.

Lin-Sivvi is the closest you can get for white toolbox. Her main strategy is to dish out as much rebels as fast as you can, and using Changelings as part of the toolbox for utility.

Use and recycle Crib Swap over and over, then use Mirror Entity to make your rebel horde huge and swing for the kill.

Just kill yourself right now. Narset decks are about original as Nekusar decks trust me I run Nekusar

>Lin Sivvi was reprinted
>looks like shit

Goddamnit wizards

Surprisingly many. I used to run rebel tribal back in the day

I really want to build Alesha. Try to fill the deck with ETB triggers and shit like that, but that would probably suck

Nice emrakul you have there, enjoy paying 26 mana for it

Stifle. Preferably imprinted on Isochron

Why do you think it would suck?

Etbs are the bread and butter of magic

It's not top tier but it's definitely viable

It was already reprinted, it has two different art versions now that are both great, and you want an ugly m15 border version now?

It's not like the price is going to drop by more than a dollar or two

I don't know. I think I'm just addicted to planning and testing decks, there's so much shit you can slap together in this format. I love it

AleshaMasterofCrueltiesBestFuckbuddies.dec

I agree

What is more important? The rare count or good cards?

>tfw too much red
>tfw the one UW "control/politics" deck I have is fucking terrible
I need something out of my comfort zone

good cards fuck boy

Good cards, I'd say. I don't think a rare count should matter, some of the best cards ever printed were at common

Alesha Stax/Hatebears is quite good actually. Go for it.

Sometimes too many rares means too many magical christmasland synergy cards that durdle to no payoff

You want to choose your durdle cards carefully and most of your deck should be cards that do a thing with little help needed, a lot of those are commons and uncommons

Steal and sac effects
Fill your gy with jank/infect till you hit master of cruelties
Make alesha indestructable/unblockable
They die to combo or to infect
Win prizes

Make a control deck but this time don't make it shitty

Control is really fun desu, lay back early game, just build your manabase and intervene when necessary, then late game you become unstoppable

Doesn't have to be UW, UB, UG and UR are all fine color combos for control, although I know you said you have too much red right now

build Witch-Maw Nephilim

Meme shitposter plz go

Building a fire themed Chandra deck for a new playgroup because even my relaxed decks are too much for them.

What are some good fire spells that aren't totally worthless. Note that I already have all the Chandra themed ones, including incinerate and seal of fire.

user let me share a story
>Alesha against Daretti, Oloro and Derevi
>copy the attack trigger twice (Resonator and Kurkesh)
>pull out Master of Cruelties, Raving Dead and Emissary of Despair
>enough red mana up to use Break Through The Line a bunch
>make them and some Goblin tokens all unblockable, kill off the Derevi player with Master and a Goblin token
>Fucking annihilate Daretti's asshole with Emissary and Alesha
>decimate Oloro's bullshit lifegain with Raving Dead
>Alesha had Breath of Fury
>get to do it all again to Oloro
Build Alesha. You can build it literally however you want. There is so much shit you can do with it. Mine is a toolboxy mix of ETBs and little guys that hit for huge combat damage to a player effects. It's a fucking blast.

when was it reprinted?

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=21271

For a deck centered around sacrifice are dictate of erebos and grave pact necessary?

If you want double up your sac value id say yes

Depends on what your deck is doing with the sacrifice.

If this is bait its really stupid.

What are some cards you throw into your deck regardless of the commander?

Lightning greaves, thran dynamo, sol ring, crawlspace for me

I don't think my group would go for that. I was actually looking at suicide aggro, lots of "pay life" shit, maybe in Golgari

You don't have to mention sol ring. Its an auto include in every deck. Can't wait for it to be banned.

>asks for spicy tech
>gets a card that makes the guys entire deck cost twice as much mana to use because the deck is colorless
>lol bait
Wew lad

Ive stopped using greaves in decks that i actually need to use my commander, if the commander is there for its spicy ability then ill use them

Let's say its Jarad/Mazirek deck

every time

Sol sing, on color signet. on color cycle lands, on color bounce land (not the monocolors tho), swiftfoot boots, strip mine, n-disk, terrain generator.

Me too friend. Same with mana crypt.

I run Jarad sacrifice without pact/dictate. However, my build is more focused on recursion than the actual sacrificing of creatures. Again, it really depends on what you're doing with it. If you're high volume saccing dudes with tokens or something, I'd say they're worth running.

Oh, and myriad landscape. That land is nuts.

Who is the BEST glass cannon commander? One that either wins in spectacular glory or dies in a fiery wreck careening down a hillside, with no in-between. I need me some knife-edge play

I don't even have sol ring in all of my decks, but the cards I have the most of are: Null Rod, Sol Ring, and Command Tower

>gravepact and dictate in play
>sac a creature (lets say blisterpod)
>Each opponent sacrifices 2 creatures and you put a token into play
>sac the token
>each opponent sacs another creature
>you just 3 for 1'ed the entire board for G
Yes they are both awesome in sac/gy shenanigans decks

Rafiq voltron infect
You kill a player on t4, t5, t6, t7 or you become archenemy

Only decks i dont have sol ring is are my french decks, its pretty much sol ring/commander +98 the format

THAT CUNT PAYS THE COST

Reverberate and Twincast.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me advice on my pauper deck. I have never built pauper before. This is the first draft. I know it has a lot of sorceries, but I think having to mill multiple people necessitates it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jagged-pauper/

GODO

I understand what the deck is trying to do but mill does not work in edh, what do you do if any opponent had an elixir or cranial archive in ther deck?
Pauper edh is all creatures go 40-50 creatures and kill them as fast as possible maybe even a rakdos goodstuff, 50% creatures, 30% land and 20% removal

That said try it out it might work, personally i play edh pauper elves and i have about 55 elves/craw wurms in the deck