When describing combat, is it ever appropriate to make sound effects?

When describing combat, is it ever appropriate to make sound effects?

Only for spells or magic weapons.

>Beating up people while yelling the racial obscenity that fits them best all under the guise that it's a sound affect
Lol

>That female character with the gender symbol pointing to her croch

For emphasis.

Always.

"With a mighty *schawwwwurng*, your sword cleaves in twain the orc-lord's coat of plates."

Wham! With one kick, the barbarian manages to bust the lock on the door, knocking it open.

That's what passes for a counter-argument in the minds of people like that.

"The Rangers arrow flies into the Bandit Kings chest with a resounding *thwok!*

It's never appropriate, unless you like having fun.

Only if one-two one-two and through-and-through your vorpal blade goes snicker-snack.

mandatory when TIE fighters or lightsabers are involved

Am I the only one who read "chink, chink" when the chinese attacked?

that's the joke dot jay eye eff

TIES are hella difficult to imitate tho. At least, I haven't figured out how to do it properly.

.jif?

Are there really people who don't make sound effects?

We have a house rule with X-Wing
Must make pew-pew-pew noises when rolling attack dice
True story

>Female

I got a memo you missed, user...

Not that user, but is the memo about you being retarded and how we should ignore your posts

There's no rule, but we always do explosion noises when a ship is destroyed.

If a cat jumps on the table during a 40k match, we try to get the cat off the table and put the peices were they were before unless the people playing both make godzilla style SHREEEONK noises in which case we play around the cat and accept any peices that get knocked over as dead.

My brother's cat is known as "Giant space slug expansion".

Our group uses "clang" and "tink" as shorthand for "the attack missed because you are heavily armored and your AC is stupid high." It started as an in-joke but we don't even mean to be funny with it anymore, it's just more convenient.