So...Strange question here, but this It's a sincere one

So...Strange question here, but this It's a sincere one.

I want to run a game with erotic charged elements set in Rokugan (the setting from legends of the 5 rings). I would like to do something along the lines of Corruption of Champions in theme, though the complete opposite in tone and genre. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure how I'd do it without significantly hurting the 'feel' of L5R. Is that even possible? Any experiences doing something similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

kagematsu.wordpress.com/kagematsu-rules/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Obligatory FATAL post
Seriously though, what exactly are you taking from CoC? The prevalence of horny monstergirls? Frequent rape? Lots of transformation potions and cursed objects?
I don't really see how you could play it straight without it getting out of control.

>Seriously though, what exactly are you taking from CoC?

Endless hordes of horsecocked furries

It's entirely possible to run a L5R game with a focus on courtly intrigue, simply write the courtly intrigue in such a manner that seduction and/or marriage alliances are put center stage as the characters' main methodology. You can run what plot-wise is a normal L5R game, while still getting to fap under the table

Make the PCs weak so that they have to rely on the traditional tools of women in male-dominant societies. All the players are courtesans, wives, doxies and street prostitutes without any combat skills at all.

They have to use their wiles and influence to get what they want, and no, assassination will not work against these hardened backstabbing bureaucrats. Or maybe it will work if you're in the right position...

Corruptiom through lust, purity as ideal thpugh barely possible. Defeat less lethal but corrupting snd/or humiliating. Taint and mutation but in a l5r mutation would be hide or seppuku because if foind out would be outright execution.

Theme not tone.

The theme of CoC is still horsecocks and fursona self-inserts, it hasn't had any substantial corruption themes since it was called Unnamed Text Game.

Then, thats what I mean. The "unamed text game" themes.

I'd suggest checking out Kagematsu, but it's probably not what you're asking for.

Tell me about it please, user

>CoC?
>Endless hordes of horsecocked furries

That's not what Call of Cthulhu is about at all!

The most frightening of all is that which mortal man cannot comprehend.

>I've never seen Shub-Niggurath's inner circle cultists

He's talking about Corruption of Champions, which is a furry sex text adventure.

Used to be just monster rape which occasionally involved furry. Then ot just sorta became 90% furry

As a raging furfag, this is hardly the case. I can't fap to monstergirls, which make up most of the encounters until you get to a couple of the towns, and even then, they're all traps.

kagematsu.wordpress.com/kagematsu-rules/

Well, being a furry and not into dick must be hard. Most of the art i see is either gay or futa. Specially werewolves. Not a whole lot o vag for the fur-man

Well, you got me there.

Went in expecting shit, was sctually sorta interesting. But why the only character that MUST be played by a woman is the only that by definition is male

You're just not looking in the right place. It's true that most furries are into dick, but holy shit do the straight ones overcompensate.

I should not be knowing this but... wetblush.

>The thing is, I'm not entirely sure how I'd do it without significantly hurting the 'feel' of L5R.

Dude... Shosuro Kachiko. Nuff' said.

Pretty sure most of Veeky Forums considered Furries a form of corruption. So it's probably aptly named still.

>Side note: Veeky Forums is heavy pro furry... so many monster girl variations...

Why peeps say names assuming we would know it?

Whats a wetbrush?

Becuase this is supposed to make you explore gender roles and blah blah.

Sounds a little pretentious but in my experience it's the only way to play something like that.

I don't get it.

Because she is a fucking major character in the metaplot that basically started the "Scorpions are hawt bitches" may-may. If you are at all familiar with the fucking setting you know who she is.

Degradation and humiliation are totally themes for the "old" Shadowlands Taint. Set your game in a minor, nearly unknown court that has become ridden with taint and degenerate via a Bog Hag, Pennagolan, or other sneaky-type Shadowlands beasty.

That's wrong. I played l5r for five years for example and asides from the Kami, I can't for the love of me, keep track of all those japanese names....I even have to write down my NPCs names and the players or I start calling them all Kakaroto. And I'm not kidding. The whole 'first name is actually last name' also confuses the shit out of me.

That's a good idea...Maybe some house under the Crab, way too close to the wall so that the taint begins 'pouring' into their lands and affecting the creatures and the people in subtle manners, but as the game progresses it becomes more visible?

The thing is that an event like that only needs one single person to escape for an entire army to come crashing down on the place to purge it mercilessly.

Then you are not familiar with the setting at all. Kachiko was one of the flagship characters of the first three arcs (The Clan War, the Scorpion Coup, and the Hidden Emperor). And her influence on the trajectory of the Scorpion was still pretty strong until Miyako and Nitoshi took the Championship.

Of course, the most of the art doesn't actually represent the setting well at all.
They're sexually repressed and highly value modesty. People walking around court with cleavage showing and legs exposed to the thigh would be laughed at for dressing like literal whores when they're supposed to be dignified nobles. Yes, even the Scorpion.

Hey, would you look at that...The core rulebook of the 4th edition doesnt mention her once in the main story arcs, and neither does the wiki if you glance over clans types and setting history. But hey, I didnt read every novel and splatbook and remember every NPC that's relevant for the 7 clans throughout FOUR editions...I guess I dont really know the setting!

I mean, it's not like people who usually play this game make their own character and histories using clan stereotypes as guides. Newp, everyone use pre made campaigns all day everyday.

Bitch.

I've been looking for a game like this a long time. If OP ever sets it up here's hoping he posts a link or something, I'd like to check it out.

I found her fucking instantly, nimrod. Page 21 in 4e Core's very brief history section.

As for the Wiki, you are fucking blind. She is mentioned frequently during the arcs that took place in her lifetime on the Scorpion Clan entry. Go to the Clan War entry and who's name is the first one mentioned? You guessed it, fucking Kachiko. Damn that bitch gets around, I guess there's a reason she had the fluff trait of Seductress.

Google is right there.

I don't think you fully understand what the words theme, tone or genre mean.

The cleavage thing is actually fitting for the setting. It's in one of the lore books for the RPG, can't remember which. The legs and general assertion of your post I agree with, though. Samurai usually don't even touch each others arms in public.

She's one of the Seven Thunders of the Second Day of Thunder.

If you don't know what that means, you've got HUGE gaps in your knowledge of the setting.

Clarify them for me, please, in that case. I dont mind being corrected if I am wrong but Id rather learn the meaning and usage.

I know what the seven thunders are and about the days of thunder but i dont memorize them by name. But yes, I got, ignoring characters is huge lapse in knowledge, i cant get away with setting history and geography and overall narrative alone. Imma retufy that promply.

Not that user but by god you guys are fucking autistic. Reminds me of the time a teenager got so pissed at me because I couldn't recall what Eragon's female elf companion's name was off the top of my head.

The Second Day of Thunder is the event that defines the setting, and the Seven Thunders are essentially the main characters of it. Telling someone who claims to know the setting well that they may not know it as well as they think when they don't recognize a character that integral is pretty reasonable.

It was pissy and antagonistic because this is Veeky Forums, ass.

>That's wrong. I played l5r for five years
>I don't know shit about the setting and I struggle with the basics
>The whole 'first name is actually last name' also confuses the shit out of me.

Seriously user...

The game has been out a lot longer than 5 years. I've been playing for nearly 10 and I still learn new things about the setting when I talk to old fags about it. You need to crack open some of the old splats some time. This is one of those settings you had to actively be a part of since the beginning, and even then you'd still discover things you didn't know, to get the full picture.

You're still a faggot and nobody cares :^)_________________

Apparently, the user in question cares enough to both engage in the discussion AND admit that maybe they should go back and read some stuff again.

So uh... good job?

Especially from the old days when the primary means of getting fluff was Clan Letters that came with Imperial Assembly membership. There were some great times comparing stories in my playgroup where we had four faction's letters (Crane, Dragon, Lion, and Unicorn) and then scrounging around other groups to get the remaining faction letters. It makes me sad the internet got rid of those mysteries.

I still every now and again I see a piece of old fiction we missed, mostly early Naga stuff.

Gosh this sounds amazing and fun. I wonder if in internet days its evdn possible to do something like that with a gane, tradional or vidya

The notion of main characters for a tabletop RPG rubs me the wring way. I mean, i know. Its just fluff but they should have let the thunders unamed and undefinide so players could eventuslly play that imo

That is because L5R has always been a CCG first and an RPG second. Thus major CCG personalities became big parts of the metaplot.

This is also why everything is so frontloaded to the 12th century. Characters need to carry forward to the next CCG arc, which means that the next big event needs to happen within their lifetime.

No shit on that account. Destroyer war, naga resurgence, new clans...all in a century were theres barely lore for the 11before it. Also...merenae and thrane have way too much fluff for how much they show (nothing at all) in the rpg. Whats up with that?

Oh, there's plenty of lore for the earlier centuries (Two entire books for the most recent RPG edition), but the events of those centuries are far more spread out, with decades or centuries between them.

Spreading things out does give room for RPG players to insert their own major events in between the canon ones. There are even some examples, like the Great Famine, which was stricken from later history due to it being a shitshow that made the Emperor look like the twat he was.

>repressed

Really? I admit I am a newbie to the setting, but I thought it was mostly a "keep a good public face" thing, and stuff behind closed doors could be quite kinky.

Wasn't there a point where a naga and a samurai got married?I remember hearing about that, but perhaps it got retconned. Oh, and are samurai-ko still supposed to stay single?

No. Samurai-ko marry. Then one of the spouses must stay in the house and manage. Often the wife but bot mandatory that us her. Shes the obvious choice becsuse shed be out of commission for baby times anyway, which is a duty to the clan so shed do it

>Naga/Samurai Marriage
There are two instances that I can think of.
1. The Mara and Mirumoto Daini. The even had a kid Mirumoto Mareshi
2. The Akasha and Moto Chen. Though technically The Akasha is a magically created being that was both fully human and naga. They also had a child Moto Naleesh.

>Samurai-ko and marriage
Like much of 1e's lore the idea of chaste samurai-ko was retconned away in pursuit of Social Justice. The old lore was samurai-ko counted as men but had to remain chaste. If they married they had to put aside the way of the warrior and become a proper wife. There were exceptions, notably the Matsu and Otaku families, but it was considered the norm.

While you might not be running pure L5R, there is certainly a lot to draw from in the form of smutty Chinese and Japanese stories. You should read the Plum in the Golden Vase, it is amusing.

Going by previous posts, I assume that you are looking for shit like monster rape and naieve girls eventually whoring themselves out. Courtesans, concubines, and other roles like that certainly offer an avenue to high stakes intrigue with all of the indecent bits.

Yes, repressed. Sexuality is not something that the culture wants to talk about publicly in any capacity. Samurai who have sex outside of their politically arranged marriage have to do it quietly, because it's extremely shameful if found out. It's the kind of thing that wars have been fought over.