Would Veeky Forums play a Hand of Fate tabletop if it was done well?

Would Veeky Forums play a Hand of Fate tabletop if it was done well?

Most systmes these days come with random dungeon/scenario generators and generic mob instructions.

Why bother when I can just play the game?

I meant something more along the lines of the card game itself. Maybe i used the wrong wording in saying tabletop.

Just play Munchkin with two decks and make more than one draw stack.
There, essentially the same thing.

Or you could literally use the game rules with Munchkin cards and a regular deck.

I'd be into it.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Thanks user!

The best part of this game is the narrator and I doubt many people can replicate his performance.

Oh man, I'm glad Veeky Forums people like this game. I recently got it and I am loving it.

I was also thinking of what a real life version of the game would feel like, but I couldn't really figure it out.

I wonder how much of the budget was that guy. They are an indie company, I thought.

They are. If memory served they made the game on only 55000 dollars

Man, that's awesome.

>if it was done well
Yes.

Skill + passion > AAA budgets

I am just so jealous of them. I have all these dumb dreams and whatnot, but I can't help but feel overwhelmed by everything else going on in life that the notion of then using the brief moments of respite I have on tackling game design is terrifying.

My friends are the same way, to be honest.

That's one of my favorite roguelikes, so sure

>roguelike
>real time combat

>roguelike

Yeah I'd play it-- though I think it would really only work for a session or two in a larger campaign. For example-- they (the party) piss off a gypsy fortune teller and are forced to fight their way out of her fortune telling deck to break the curse.

I'm curious to see the rules for such a card based system regardless.

Yeah, I'd play it. I was halfway through writing up a ruleset when I got distracted by other projects.

The most appealing thing about it is giving a dungone/loot grind to multiple players without going through the effort of DMing a real RPG.

The way I had it working is as close to the video game as possible, combat was replaced with a dice system, and the GM had a big book which had descriptions/instructions for each card. It was neat, I should go back and finish it.

I like the term roguelite for this sort of thing. It is basically like FNM in the whole, walking from room to room, hunger, permadeath, etc.

That's the appropriate term. "Roguelike" implies it's...like rogue