> Previous Thread:

>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out!

drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
How is Promethean 2e?

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/jwiihm
youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The art in 2e looks really great

I love it, some people will moan about nonstandard pronouns or Alchemists not being playable but it's a great book.

Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to make them playable, even.
Give Magnitude a 5xp cost per dot, and they can be played just as easily as mortals with supernatural merits.

sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

Promethean

>tfw Phoenix is one of the example cities for Promethean
>tfw there's a distinct new merit for being a deputy
>tfw the sheriff is named Brown insted of Arpaio

What?

There's no rules for the mortal sekhem sorcerers in mummy too despite them basically being one of the assumed default enemy types. Space is a bitch.

Posting these in the new thread because the previous thread is dead.

>Being abused is a feminist only issue
Ok

Also SVU is just a shit show that uses the headlines to take advantage of current hot topics and trends.
>The episode where the comedian making rape jokes turns out to be a serial rapist
>The episode where gamergaters were misogynistic rapists

Also one of the most offensive moments that I remember is the episode where a victim of molestation was horrified at the thought of becoming a child molester himself and pleads to BD Wong rape psychologist to help him find help which he flat out says no.

>Seems really, really cliche. Like it reminds me of the difference between people who've grown up in abusive homes and people adding child abuse backstories to their fanfiction for extra angst because they are 15 and don't get it.
THIS is why I hate it. And also why I posted the linken park song. Theres no real sense of weight or gravitas and just feels exploitative.

>>Being abused is a feminist only issue
Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
You're missing the point and no one gives a shit.

>THIS is why I hate it. And also why I posted the linken park song. Theres no real sense of weight or gravitas and just feels exploitative.
You sound like the kind of person who would say the same thing to just about anything. Linking the song just makes you come off as edgy and too cool for school, mocking people for liking something that's too ~emotional~ for you.

>Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
Because if we flip the genders it becomes a totally impossible situation, right?

Maybe if they didn't use space for their BIG FAGGY PRONOUNS they could use it for actually useful stuff.

>Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
I don't get what you mean. If someone gets abused in that way they automatically become a feminist?

>You sound like the kind of person who would say the same thing to just about anything.
No actually. I can list plenty of great media that handles abuse better then that.
Off the top of my head? The fairly recent film Lovelace is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

They'll be in the Dark Eras Companion.

Considering we don't live in a world with gynarchic stereotypes on par with the 50s housewife, yes.

My internet isn't stable enough to bother arguing with you over this during the few moments I can get internet. Especially if you're going to be so stupid about it.

>I don't get what you mean. If someone gets abused in that way they automatically become a feminist?
I'll admit I'm in a piss poor mood, but are you being deliberately obtuse or what?

I just don't understand why spousal abuse is specifically a feminist problem when its really a people problem.

>The episode where gamergaters were misogynistic rapists

Please tell me you're not using the worst episode in the history of a show I quite like as a positive. There was nothing salvageable from that shit-storm, all it did was reveal that the writers and researchers have no fucking idea what they're doing.

No I hate that episode and dislike SVU in general. Did you even read my post?

>Did you even read my post?

Not really, I just really hate that episode

Fair enough

>Ephemeral Sight
>Success: For the rest of the scene, the Promethean can perceive spirits and ghosts existing in a state of Twilight, seeing them as shining, translucent forms with Essence moving through their spiritual innards. He may also see dematerialized qashmallim, blazing and writhing with Pyros in their veins.

>Ephemeral
>dematerialized qashmallim

Did they change their minds? Did they reverse their insane decision?

I live in Phoenix
The sheriff's name is and has been Arpaio for years
He's basically the guy in the book except replace 'Prometheans' with 'minorities'
The fucked up pic is just me not really knowing how to feel about it

Mortal Alchemists not getting info to be played has nothing to do with word count, and everything to do with Matt not wanting them to be playable.

About Qashmallim not being Ephemeral?
No, I think it's pretty clear that the power is intended for seeing spirits and ghosts, but it *also* works for Qashmallim.

You are missing the point in the most spectacular way. I'm going to give up trying to fix my internet and go read Promethean now.
[Actually everything seems to be working, but I'm still going to go read on the tablet, so that I don't have to deal with the internet fucking up on me while watching Youtube or trying to IRC or shitpost on Veeky Forums]

>a show I quite like
I haven't seen the episode, but honestly it sounds hilarious to me. It's also not like SVU has ever done any real research anyway.
I used to like it, but it's kind of repetitive, never enough Munch and Finn episodes, and worst of all it cockteases at moral ambiguity only to go "nah, fuck it, everything is black and white" way too often.
Kind of reminds me of my problems with Batman in some ways, especially with Stabler's anger issues. Beating up low level criminals and stopping small problems without caring about the root causes. Then again, the ADAs often try to do that and it comes off as so hamfisted ("we're going to make rape a hate crime!"), but then again, that's also why it really is a fantasy as much as Middle Earth, and why it can give feminists and abuse victims idealism. Still, the lack of moral ambiguity and often shitty treatment of criminals reminds me of a lot of societal problems I hate. It almost feels like the show is written by Javert.

>everything to do with Matt not wanting them to be playable.
I've never really seen a problem with this.

What insane decision?

>worst of all it cockteases at moral ambiguity only to go "nah, fuck it, everything is black and white" way too often.
>Kind of reminds me of my problems with Batman in some ways, especially with Stabler's anger issues. Beating up low level criminals and stopping small problems without caring about the root causes. Then again, the ADAs often try to do that and it comes off as so hamfisted ("we're going to make rape a hate crime!"), but then again, that's also why it really is a fantasy as much as Middle Earth, and why it can give feminists and abuse victims idealism. Still, the lack of moral ambiguity and often shitty treatment of criminals reminds me of a lot of societal problems I hate. It almost feels like the show is written by Javert.
Hey we finally agree on something!
Also have fun on your Ipad I guess

Qashmallim appear on a different 'wavelength' of Twilight than other ephemeral beings, but the Ulgan can see all of them.

I ended up statting that Unfleshed I mentioned last thread, that was created as the first in a line of humanoid robots, but ended up being treated like a roomba.

I basically made a tsundare maid except male and a robot.
It's not like I WANNA clean up your mess or anything, b-baka!

FUCK, no more Mavlian masterpieces? You kidding me, dropping the best Promethean artist who defined the look and feel of the first edition books?!

At least the cover's unchanged.

Sounds adorable. Give us a sheet and backstory.

>iPad
Pff. It's a shitty hand-me-down first gen Kindle Fire. Actually, it might not be first gen.

I don't remember much about the artist for 1e other than that I didn't like any of it.
2e seems to have full colour art. Or at least this one piece. I've been unable to stop myself from trying to fix my shitty internet to read more.

It only took until Mummy was no longer in the same edition as the game. Good show. Think we'll ever get a Mummy 2e update, if only so we can see how the various homebrew patches stack up?

can someone link me a copy of VtM Blood Nativity cause I live in Ohio

can someone also reccomend me some V20 scenario books or link them

I have my fingers crossed for a Geist announcement tomorrow and Mummy next year. They won't leave it for too much longer I hope.

At this point I just want the Book of Going Westward.

>Sounds adorable. Give us a sheet and backstory

>Striking looks(cute) 2
>Small-framed
That's the point
I'll try to get stuff written down in a format I can post, when it's less past midnight, for me

So is anybody ITT at Gen Con?

Honestly most of the major things Mummy needed to cover were actually touched on. I can't say that for some games, OP or other, I just want an updated core rulebook to get it systematically in line with everything else.

It needs 2e rules and an antagonist book to complete the run, and both the long-awaited book about the Judges and a Storyteller's Guide would be great. I'd love a dedicated book on cults and playing cultists, too.

Especially with how good Demon's wound up.

I built one as a Hunter but with options for some mummy merits, re: Cultist. I am trading off with the cultist and mummy when the mummy has finished its task and wishes to sleep till the party or cult meet some crisis they need to wake him back up for. The cultist is just the cult's representative in an affiliated but separate group the mummy has interest in.

With any luck most of them will have contacts that can help find relics

So.. Is it just me or are the Promethean powers a bit... y'know. Weaksauce?
+2 on Social interactions? +1 to effective Supernatural Resistance? Can climb upside down (but you still have to roll for it).

I like the layout of them and all, but I'm not really seeing any powers that make me go "Oh wow! This is cool!"

>I'd love a dedicated book on cults and playing cultists, too.

I think this would really help with the, "Okay, but how do I actually PLAY Mummy?" problem.

You aren't supposed to play Mummy. That's the whole point.

The power creep train has to stop somewhere I guess.

Dude. +1? They double their Azoth, so I suppose it counts as +1 at the start.
Prometheans are fucking bullshit. Make mages incapable of manifesting the Supernal? Make Werewolves incapable of channelling Essence?
Yeah. Prometheans, and Prometheans only, can do that.

Yeah. Prometheans are weaker in 2e than 1e.
That's not what I expected.

>Dude. +1? They double their Azoth, so I suppose it counts as +1 at the start.

>Success: Treat the character’s Azoth rating as one higher for the purposes of Transmutation activation rolls and Supernatural Tolerance

Doesn't fucking look like doubling to me.

Anyone uploaded the PDF yet?

By the time we get a new Mummy edition we'd be well into the next Sothic Cycle

Onyx Path Publishing.

Anyone posted it in the thread here?

Yep, see

No, what I meant is; Has anyone posted a copy of the PDF as an image? (yes we can do this on Veeky Forums, didn't you know?)

Nope. No one ever does that with leaks. Links are easier to handle over multiple threads.
This one is going to get baked into the big pastebin link in the header from next thread onward.
Also, I think it has something to do with size limitations.

Too big.

Oh okay.

If Geist isn't announced then fuck me I'm going to try to kick that homebrew project into overdrive just to give myself something to do.

Also, while taking a break from fixing my internet I was lying in bed with an aching back reading Promethean. Got up to Aurum before I ran out of power. Good stuff. I'm really liking it, and a lot of the writing is really well done and emotional.

If people are at GenCon, they're probably not going to bother checking in on the thread.

There's a filesize limit. What's it matter anyway?

So they are in fact ephemeral and exist in Twilight then? Because Fave implied they don't despite acting like spirits in all other ways because nothing he writes can ever just follow the established ruleset.

Ulgans, and those who have gone Argentum and focused on the detection Alembic.

Does Blaze of Glory also increase Effective Azoth for things like Unbroken and Unconquered?
Also, can it get over 10?

What power specifically is that?

Reading over the Refinements, I'm having some of the same feelings I had with Changeling.

"Don't get upset or disappointed. Just because your concept doesn't use the same groups doesn't mean you can't do it anymore".

I really liked 1e's Cuprum, where it was all about reacting and changing yourself as a result of stimulus, but 2e seems to be more focused on the "not quite going to the wastes" aspect more than changing. Lace started out as Cuprum and was all about making himself pliant and malleable to become what others wanted. It was a more social take on the example of actively avoiding humanity by walking on the outskirts.

Now that Promethean is out, I think I'm going to make Nana Natsu. These are the "notes" I made months ago. It seems like the "Element" aspect is gone from Promethean now.

>Humour: Code
She's essentially a program, not a person. I'd go with the "Oil" of the Unfleshed, but really that doesn't even work for most "hypertech" Unfleshed to begin with. That means she's very if-then in her actions, and prone to getting confused.
She's also both informative and flighty.

>Element: Data
As a being of pure information, knowledge and especially digital information is what sustains her. It isn't just useful 'factual' information, though, and includes things like entertainment. She gets a point of Pyros for sleeping surrounded by electronics. Video games, TVs, radios, computers. She needs to be around flowing data.

>Bestowment: Augmented Reality
777ツ can see the digital reality that interacts with our own, visualizing code and information as it flows through the air. She can see and understand (unencrypted) information like television or wireless signals. By spending a point of Pyros she can roll Manipulation + Computers to interact with that code, as if she was using a computer. When she does, the time between rolls is cut to instant.

>Torment: Yandere
When driven to Torment, Nana tends to force people to pay attention to her, whether through the most attention grabbing stunts she can, or by force. Generally the focus of her desire for attention is on a specific individual, which can often be bad for that individual, or anyone who happens to have their attention (or worse, affections!). In the event that there's no one to fixate on, it tends to be rock star behavior, from reckless driving to trashing a hotel room to get in the papers. Anything you can imagine a child star doing.

>Disquiet: Lisztomania
Pop star obsession grips those who hang around the Vocaloid for too long. They want more and more of her, until the fixation becomes obsession, dangerously so.

>Wasteland: White Noise
The real world becomes increasingly false, with that unrealistic hyperrealism of computer graphics. As it goes on, the world itself becomes uncanny. People and animals find it hard to go outside of their 'programming', and can even ignore injuries. Perceiving new things is difficult, and Willpower can't be spent or gained. On top of that, electronics "work" in only the loosest sense. Computers, televisions, radios, and whatnot turn on at higher levels, but that's about it. At low levels, they tend to glitch and malfunction, with refresh rates lowered, but at the highest level might replay the same scenes over and over, not that the user will tend to realize it.
Imagine the world as designed by Bethesda.

>Disfigurements: Son of a Glitch
Normally a beautiful jailbait J Pop star with long blue twin tails and a look straight out of Cyberpunk (or Akihabara), when using transmutations or healing through electricity, 777ツ takes on the same hyperrealistic appearance as the world under her wasteland, but glitchy and artifacted, her 'texture' resolution wrong, and segments of her face or limbs shifted wrong, or replaced with unsettling jittery images.

youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g
So could you make The Goon (And Frankie) using the Hunter rules?

Union perhaps with the bar being a Union safehouse? Or maybe a neighbourhood where monsters are fairly common but only The Goon is brave enough to do anything.

Love it.

Though considering hes a gangster maybe The Night Watch might be better? Though stereo-typically they are black gangs it can be easy to just refluff them as 1920s italian mobsters.

One of them is Spiritum. I don't know which other he means.

Verits, Disrupting Vital Humours:
Success: The Mystic succeeds at disrupting the target’s
humour. A number of targets equal to the successes rolled
may not spend their specific energy source for any purpose. A
vampire couldn’t spend Vitae to heal, boost Physical Attributes,
or power Disciplines. A werewolf couldn’t spend Essence to
increase his healing capabilities or power Facets. Any ability or
power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a
supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions
normally. This Distillation only interferes with the conduits of
the energy sources; it does not make the target mortal again. This
effect lasts for a number of turns equal to the Mystic’s Azoth.
Exceptional Success: No additional effect other than
increased targets.

Oh well most Mage Spells have no Mana cost, and Beasts lack a fuel star so at least Daves pet splats are OK.

>and Beasts lack a fuel star
Someone should fix that, also Dave had nothing to do with Beast, you are thinking of Matt

Still bothers me that this is one of the "Big No" things that were outlined in Tome of the Mysteries long ago, and was pointed out in Imperial Mysteries as being Archmaster only stuff.

It's almost like their abilities are designed to make them fearsome and confusing to deal with, making you as isolated as they are.

Yeah, Geist 2e needs to be announced already, out of all the gamelines it possibly needed a revamp the most to be more cohesive with the rules and writing and with more purpose. It's a fantastic idea crippled by it's lack of focus and muddled balance. Would also hope a 2e would mean it could finally get stuff like an antagonist book or a new book of the underworld in the same sense of Changeling 2e getting The Hedge book.

Beasts' fuel is their Satiety. Using Spiritum could prevent them for doing quite a few things.

To be fair, Prometheans aren't mages, and it has been a long time since that book was even released. It seems to me that a lot of the design philosophies have changed.

Yes

They're in Twilight but they're not Ephemeral - they aren't made of Ephemera.

Hey Dave! Any Deviant or other Bookline special surprises planned for today?

Yeah. But still. That's a shitty mechanic!

This was canceled right?

No it was in development limbo because they were waiting for the funding, there did say they were doing final screenings last year, but there hasn't been anything since....unfortunately that means we'll be getting Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films. And Sausage Party isn't even that good! The only way you could have it in CofD is a Pack of Werewolves dealing with the Magath of Produce and Death that had caused most of it.

>And Sausage Party isn't even that good!
Really? The trailers looked really funny.

The scripts been leaked, read it and take a shot every time you get to a piece of crude stoner humor, I guarantee you'll die of liver failure halfway through the first character interaction.

But I like Seth Rogan movies.

You have no taste.

Is it viable to make a character focused on Crafts?

It's not a shitty mechanic, it's a neat mechanic. And it's not even worse than Alpha's Howl. I'm also pretty sure that no matter how something might or might not mix with Mage isn't something Dave concerns himself with as much as you guys think.

This is a roleplaying game. It's viable to make a character based on anything.

no you don't

GenCon kicks off today! Anyone know when Onyx Path and/or White Wolf will be having any panels?

To put it more succinctly, WHEN'S DEVIANT?

We're not concerned with how well Mage might or not mix with other splats, we're interested in how other splats mix with Mage.

>Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films.

Are we not counting Fritz the Cat because it was technically X-rated (tame as it may be these days)?

>It's not a shitty mechanic, it's a neat mechanic.
No. It's a shitty mechanic. Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

And it's not even worse than Alpha's Howl.
If you had said it wasn't as bad as Alpha's Howl, I'd agree with you. As it is, I don't, It's much worse. Alpha's Howl merely stopped you from using direct powers, this messes with the internal powers of a splat.

GEN CON PAMPHLET

WHEN

>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

>Any ability or power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions normally.

>>Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films.
Akira? Perfect Blue, Paprika, Appleseed, Patlabor, Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Jon-Roh, Highlander: Search for Vengeance, Afro Samurai, any number of anime movies (including hentai)?
Or are we just talking about ones with american theatrical releases?
A Scanner Darkly?
Heavy Metal?
Only comedy? Even easier.
South Park
Aquateen

We literally just had The Killing Joke released, and in some cases in theaters even. Why would you think Sausage Party is the first R-Rated animated film? And, not to mention as the other user said, Fritz the Cat was sort of infamous.
Hell, does Cool World not count? Doesn't Brad Pitt fuck a cartoon?

>>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.
>
>>Any ability or power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions normally.

so it's just another "fuck vampires" power since they're the only ones who have to spend vitae on everything

Vamps are shit so it's cool.

>they're the only ones who have to spend vitae on everything
Do you even read the books? Most Disciplines that require you to spend Vitae want buckets of blood for long term effects. For most of the Disciplines the first two or three don't require you to spend Vitae at all.

Sure, a lot of the good stuff is locked off--Protean claws, summoning a hoard of animals, celerity's nothin' personnel--but it's not like vampires lose all of their abilities. Shit, bite a Promethean and suddenly he has to contend with the Kiss, unless there are crossover rules I haven't gotten to.

Cool World doesn't count for the same reason Roger Rabbit is not considered an animated movie: cartoon/live/action hybrid. Anime doesn't count because it's not a US production. Same for Heavy Metal. South Park is an adaptation of a television series, and doesn't count, same for Aqua Teen. Killing Joke does not count because of its limited release.

Sausage Party will be the first R-Rated animated film dedicated for the wide initial consumption by US citizens, and therefore the first R-rated animated film. That's what the narrative is going to be, and it will be many people's first exposure to a CG animated film intended for an adult audience. Hollywood gets what it wants.

That's still ignoring A Scanner Darkly and Heavy Metal.

>>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

It stops any werewolf of high Harmony from shapeshifting. It stops Mages from mitigating Paradox. It stops spirits from doing ANYTHING.

Except using Blast, which doesn't require essence