Anyone else refuse to play games under these things?

Anyone else refuse to play games under these things?

Just don't smoke at the table, mothafucka.

What is it some sort of upside down metal flower?

I remember the time when the new maintenance guys of airport weren't told that these were all broken. They were puzzled by the low pressure so they "fix" it. You can guess what happened afterwards.

>Terrified of getting wet even by a sprinkler
OP, be honest with us, are you a witch? You're a witch, aren't you? Someone get out the scales, we have a suspected witch in the thread!

I only play under green and above. Safer that way.

> Not being paranoid that all your books, cards, etc. will get wet one if you keep tempting fate

>he doesn't have water-sealed card covers
loser

Also, isn't there a short delay on activation after the alarm tones, for just that reason? I imagine law offices and government buildings would insist on such a system, and construction companies would probably be able to install the "advanced" system at a higher cost anyway.

Nigger the water in a sprinkler system has been sitting there stagnant since the last time it was tested, and fucking NOBODY ever bothers to clean out all the furniture of a building and lay down waterproofing just to test the sprinklers.

What comes out of those things when they finally go off is a black, viscous slime that inexorably coats every available surface in muck and smells like low tide next to a sewage pipe.

>attempting to shame the honest sprinkler system for just doing his job.

If there's a fire, maybe you should go somewhere else to game?

Basically yeah. It's a metallic reverse flower. It's on the ceiling and it will rain on you on a particularly hot day. Just the opposite of regular flower being on the ground and getting rained on.

No, you're dumb. It's not like a smoke detector, the glass tube only breaks when exposed to extreme heat and by the time that happens you aren't gonna be there.

>the glass tube only breaks when exposed to extreme heat

Like from the lighter flame of a lone protester intent on causing havoc to draw attention to his cause?

Where are you playing that these are a regular hazard?

Only time I can remember playing under one was an impromptu one shot game at a hotel during a convention.

If the protester is some sort of hothead, yeah.

Universities.
Also, my FLGS has them. Most stores do.

lel

>universities

Ah, the old common rooms. That makes sense.

You're a big guy.

I think there's a greater chance that somebody throws his soda and ruins your shit like that.

Ok look, even the absolute most sensitive sprinklers will, baring some freak accident, only go off at about 130 degrees Fahrenheit. If you're sitting down and playing Magic or Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer 40kai or whatever in a room that hot you're probably insane.

>somebody throws his soda

How do we stop this?

Ban large drinks to minimize the damage to society.

What's stopping them from getting a bunch of smaller drinks and throwing those? No, all drinks have to be banned.

This proposed course of action would result in a 3% increase in security, but projections indicate a minimum drop in happiness of 5%. Happiness is mandatory, citizen, and attempting to prevent a mandatory act is treason.

Sippy cups.
Players are children. It is your job to corral them and restrain them. Controlling basic access to things like food and drink will make them rely on you, and therefore make them more receptive to your commands.

Fire inspector here, don't worry guys 90% of the buildings I test don't have any working fire protection. Because no one does their jobs anymore.

Th-thanks safety senpai.

That seems unrealistic to me. I think people are going to insist on drinking still. What we need to do is enclose all drinks in balls with straw-valves that only open when you suck on them. We could probably do that for under $100 per drink, which seems reasonable. Now we just have to do something about food.

You should get him out of there, then.