Gentlemen, the time has come. And so have I! and I imagine most of you

Gentlemen, the time has come. And so have I! and I imagine most of you.

Behold the Deathwatch! Now in box game form.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Artemis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Special edition [sic]

Front cover

Sprue shot 1.

Sprue shot 2 - Pauldron boogaloo.

Info 1.

wish we got a better look at them vets

Info 2.

Hold onto your butts.

Info 3.

Damn this poxy post timer

Some dude. Speculation on Dakka is Librarian.

Group shot 1.

Group shot 2. With close up of 28mm Watch Captain Artemis

Group shot 3.

New flyer 1. Games workshop or Prodos?

Flyer 2.

Codex table of contents.

And that's all for now.

It looks like GW is going with the Aliens references with this one. The flyer, the Heavy bolter/flamer hybrid. Wonder what else we'll see?
Maybe a character named Ripley.

As someone on Dakka spotted, the new vets are all wearing MKVIII armour.

Man, that is a truly crappy looking flyer

is...is it wrong for me to actually want to collect space marines again?
these new models are just amazing and ridicolously over the top,.
i mean, a fucking COMBI-LANCE? how retarded8and equally awesome)is that?

How much they asking for that lot? £150?

>Black Space Marines

Oh boy.

>is it wrong for me to actually want to collect space marines again?

Yes. Besides, the combi lance bolter has been around since at least the original grey knights from the 90s

Well if RM590 is 590 Malaysian Ringgit then it's roughly $191 AUD/$150 USD/111 GBP/131 EUR.

not going to lie. ill buy into this army, and i dont usually like imperial armies. aside from DA.

i had this idea for a squad consisting entirely of members of chapters who are lost. :angels revenant, shadow wolves, black consults, tiger claws, astral knights, fire hawks and knights of eternity . ill call them the Lost brothers.

>Aliens references
They made ot since 6th edition.

Looks like it has disembarking points at the front. Troop carrier?

if thats true that's a pretty good price. the minis add up too about $400 if bought separately.

looks like it. I'd wager just a small troop capacity of say 6 though.
a flying razorback instead of the flying landraider stormraven.

Swords are similar to the one Farsight wields, wonder if this is evidence of it being Necron in origin.

I noticed that too, guess it makes sense since they are a Chamber Militant of the Inquisition.

It's kind of growing on me

Oh fuck, is that the relic style thunderhammer I see?

>a setting with Tyranids
>a setting with marines who specialize in alien hunting
>"GW is going with the Alien references with this one"

You are just a special kind of dumb.

>Amazing Models
>MkVIII armour
>Some love for the less popular chapters
>No Ultramarines in sight
>Lots of wargear options
>Reasonable box price at under the price of two Start Collecting! sets for quite a lot more value

Am i dreaming? This seems just too good to be true.

Is that a Combi-flamer heavy bolter? And a Psycannon in bolter form?

Red Talons, Silver Skulls and Howling Griffons? Thats actually really neat that they went with chapters that aren't all first founding or popular second founding

>judging models by the preview pictures

come on now. You know they always shit the bed with those.

Praise Kirby, new space marines finally.

Yes, as noted previously it is a combi-heavy bolter/flamer. The thing in the centre of the pic is a shotgun though. and the odd looking cannon thing in group shot 1 is a frag cannon.

Yeah, it's nice to see some lesser known and appreciated chapters.

>You are just a special kind of dumb.
Idiot. Use your thinking brain. The new flyer looks a hell of a lot like the drop ship from Aliens. The flamer/bolter is clearly an homage to the combi weapon Ripley cooks up to take on the Queen and since we've never seen two heavy weapons mashed up like that before, well.... do the math, eh?

>No one said anything about the nids.
>No one said anything about the marines themselves.

Stop posting.

I actually kind of dig this flyer design

Costs?

$150 for the box

That spear is making my dick hard.

>Dat Aquila pauldron
>Dat not-custodes Lance bolter
>Dat unnecessary number of Inquisition I's (they're even on the keys)

Hnnnnng

>that huge visible seam on the dread's legs and plasma cannon

Sasuga GW team

And the contents?

R E A D T H E T H R E A D
E
A
D

T
H
E

T
H
R
E
A
D

Top right corner with a sling. Looked like a bolter at first, but the barrel and mag reminded me of a Psycannon.

>Dropship from aliens
I subconsciously knew it, but thank you, the design makes so much sense now!

Ah yeah, I see. Stalker pattern bolter maybe? The muzzle break looks right.

I'm pretty sure that's where the leg parts join up. It's a join line rather then a mould line. More difficult to remove entirely.

Am I the only one excited for the new Eldrad model?

Also isn't he canonically dead? What happened?

>Also isn't he canonically dead? What happened?

For the billionth time, the lore of the Eye of Terror global Campaign was retconned.

s-sorry user-kun :^(

>Eldar following an agenda that will save themselves and the whole galaxy
>Imperials, of course, attempt to stand in their way and hinder them

It keeps happening. Why are the Imperials such shits?

>Eldar
>Saving
>Galaxy
user listen to yourself.

Whatever it is I like it, looks cool.

They're not popular, but not unknown either. Silver Skulls have gotten mentions here and there and Howling Griffons have shown up in FW books. Cruddace also likes Howling Griffons.

Holy fucking shit!

They're better than I even imagined!

Looks a bit like the Terran dropship from Starcraft

I'm so fucking happy, look at those giga niggas running about with suspensor combi-heavy bolter/flamers and frag cannons all in glorious MKVIII

Really curious about their terminators in terms of gear. I mean, obviously you can mix assault termies and regular ones, but what about special ammo or chapter-specific gear like frost-axes or plasma-cannons? The assault guy from Overkill had a handflamer, after all, and the terminator had a power-fist with built-in melta.
Mixing all the different kits would be pretty awesome.

No one is going to be saving the galaxy, user. It was already doomed.

>my wallets face when

I want the new Eldrad model badly, but i'm not going to be baited into starting a deathwatch or harlequin army.

I'll probably find someone selling it alone.

This is much better than I was expecting. I was both excited and worried when I heard about the rumors for the next edition. Considering GW's previous ideas for "cool" models, and the fact that their recent stuff for Age of Sigmar has been kind of lackluster (in my opinion) or over-designed (with a few notable exceptions like the Silver Tower stuff).

But these are looking pretty great so far. Not quite sure on that flyer though, but it might just be the angle that is making it look at bit off to me.

Very nice spess mehreens, but what's up with the space elves? Are they just the standard models?

Is the price tag out already? Must have missed something.

They're normal Harlequins. Only Eldrad is new.

Also, Deathwatch Veterans supposedly cost the same as Sternguard Veterans.

>another imperial army
>it's not even something interesting, just muhreens
Thanks gw

I like it, at the very least it isn't a flying brick.

How about no Scott?

The Corvus is indeed much sexier than the Stormraven.

Ah- I found those Harlie models a bit disappointing given how awesome they could/should look.

Still, for me this is the most tempting thing Geedubs has put out in ages.

Not with that attitude. The Eldar see a spark of hope in the darkness. The Imperials should follow them towards it, not try to stop them from moving towards it.

For them. Mon'keigh can get fucked as far as their concerned.

That spark in the dark is gonna set off a powderkeg and all their efforts will have been for naught.

>Imperial flyer
>not a brick

Why don't you go play Tau or Eldar if you want curved surfaces?

It's still got angular surfaces, nothing there is actually curved but unlike the stormraven/eagle it isn't a shipping container on a flying base.

>>No Ultramarines in sight

You realize that Captain Artemis is an Ultramarine, right?

No he's not. He's a Mortifactor.

There's no blue on his right shoulder pad. So I don't think he is.

(this is me)
According to Lexicanum wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Artemis
he's a Mortifactor like mentions. Although that makes him an Ultramarine successor.

is this the /happening/ general?

>there're still people believing GW isn't going to elf slaanesh into oblivion

Well...time to add a detachment of Deathwatch to my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor+ Stormtrooper army..

GW is going to squat Slaanesh because he represents transgender as evil and it's 2016.

even if it wasn't he's only recently dead. There's still almost 10000 years worth of 40k your army can be set in and include him. Its like running a scythes of the Emperor chapter or hive fleet behemoth. your force is from before they were killed.

>the blackened shield becomes the sword
They are propably going to use Deathwatch to kill slannesh,since no major event can happen without GW's posterboys

nah. if they where doing that they'd have removed slaanesh from fabrasy with a
AoS and stop mentioning it in new 40k stuff.

I wouldnt put it past Eldrad to use them as a diversion/suicide mission while the Eldar go and kill the bitch.

They pretty much have removed him form AoS.

>more space marines
>more eldar

If anything, my boner for 40k has receded into my public bone, rendering me a sterile husk, unable to experience sexual pleasure ever again.

>Not in order to appeal more directly to chilluns

2/10 try again.

not at all. slaanesh is just as much in as before.
There's just a whole in universe missing/hiding god thing going on.
like sigmar was in fantasy or the primarchs in 40k.

Imperium is the center of 40k.

Deathwatch is also arguably a no brainer army that can be done easily on GW's part. They release two or three kits for it, a clampack or two, and an upgrade sprue and the army is complete since every else can be taken from the existing Space Marine range. Has a bonus it might move a few more copies of the Deathwatch boardgame.

They're not

Ynnead may prevent Eldar souls from immediately getting eaten by Slaanesh if a counter measure isn't in place, but it likely will not be powerful to completely destroy it.

Not really

He is missing to provide a further plot point, one that will likely be tied into the release of the new Elves.

If they were going to completely remove him they wouldn't make mention at all, but worshipers looking for him or just dedicated to him are mentioned across various books.

>hiding

In the closet perhaps?

Never really got the impression Sigmar was hiding in Fantasy. Just that he was just the same as every other god aside from the chaos ones, chillin in whatever heaven he was in.
And the primarchs are a different kettle of fish entirely.

>slaanesh is just as much in as before.
except for the guys who are supposed to represent chaos as a whole specifically missing slaaneshi stuff while the other gods are present and the symbol of slaanesh having been replaced by an elf's.

they are going to kill slaanesh in both settings at the same time.