Arbitrage?

what is preventing me from buying btx at Bittrex and selling it at Bithumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One word:

Liquidity.

Every newfags thinks their a genius when the discover their first "arbitrage opportunity"

transfer time

is the transfer time really that bad?

Because your transaction would either be stuck or extremely expensive
blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
expect 12 hours transaction time at least

wtf when did it get so slow
I had a transaction 2 weeks ago that went through in 30 minutes
30 mins

do yourself a favor op remember this moment and this feeling, understand that you are a brainlet and embrace it so that next time you have a "brilliant idea" you'll think before you post it in public

Capital controls limits the amount of money you can send out of Korea

?

ok so do you think that youre the first person to come up with arbitrage or something? maybe you think koreans are just some retards who like to pay literally thousands of dollars more per btc? shit like this exists for a reason and its not "im the only smart person in the world" kind of reason

complete lack of self awareness or self assessment, you will go far in life

not falling for that scam btw

Literally hundreds is pending transactions?

Time. Liquidity is not a factor in arbitrage opps unless there are barely any limit orders in the market

Also getting it off the exchange is messy. You have to choose another currency for your trade, and that currency is likely to be just as expensive, so when you transfer back you've got the same amount.

e.g.
Bittrex:
TokanA = 10$
TokenB = 1$

Bitthumb
TokenA= 5$
TokenB = 50$

Buy 1 TokenA, send to Bitthumb and sell for 5$ worth of TokenB, e.g. 10xTokenB.

Send back to Bittrex, sell 10xTokenB and you get 1$. Less fees. (There's no USDT on Bitthumb and all the oyther coins are arb'ed out to make this balance happen)

It's not a scam. It's was decent pump group but someone hacked the owner and banned all 14k members. Yes, the owner is a pajeet and a scumbag but there had been many successful pumps up until the hack.

Yes, but even with a quick transaction how much money can you really make?

Say, hypothetically, you spot a $100 difference in price between two exchanges trading BTC/USD.

To make that worth my time and effort (not even including risk) I'd want to buy 2 or 3 BTC's and make a profit on the difference. So I buy the coins for $15,000 hoping to sell them on the other exchange for $15,100 each. Thats a net profit of $300! Incredible...

Oh wait... I forgot about Tx's fees AND Exchange fees. Oh wait now I only have a profit margin of $150.

Ok so great, still can make $150 with a few clicks and my trasfer to the other exchange just went through.

Oh FUCK, I just realized there was only an order of .23465 BTC available for $15,100... The rest comes closer to the price at the first exchange.

This is liquidity and unless you can verify the BID/ASKs will be there on the other side, Crypto Arbitrage is completely pointless for most people.

Now, if you had $10 Million dollars to play with, you can start making some money, but again there are a fuck ton of other risks in doing this even if you had that kind of money.

yes

Its worth noting that the OBTAINABLE arbitrage opportunities DO exist.

Look at CoinExchange.io for instance.

You can often find a coin, lets say PEC, that trades against BTC, LTC & ETH. If your are quick with math, there are always slight differences in prices where you can buy VOISE/BTC and then immediately sell VOISE/ETH.

Again though, the biggest hurdle you will encounter is the liquidity.

sorry *VOISE, not PEC

It worked for Trump