So how likely is it that Games Workshop is now actually going to kill Slaanesh off and why are they doing this?

So how likely is it that Games Workshop is now actually going to kill Slaanesh off and why are they doing this?

Slaanesh is MIA in Age of Sigmar and the Eldar in 40k are now really beating on the drum about how they are going to end Slaanesh.

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/40k-deep-thought-gw-kill-slaanesh.html
spikeybits.com/2015/02/harlequin-end-times-more-clues-to-40ks-end.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One word
: Kids.
Which is total bullshit in my opinion because I was at most twelve when I got into the settings. I didn't really like chaos, Slaanesh and Nurgle especially. But I still knew what they stood for and didn't give a shit.

I heard one argument is that British kids today percieve Slaanesh as LGBT unfriendly because Slaanesh trancends genders. This could have just been some neckbeard talking out of his ass, though.

>A Gender transcending prince of absolute degeneracy.
>And they find this lgbt UN friendly.
Kek

It's because Slaanesh is trance and evil that people are upset.

Hold the fuck on, out of all messed up and not child friendly stuff in 40k they're whining about Slaneesh? We don't even see most of degenerated things he does, half of the things the Imperium is doing is more disturbing than what we actually see of Slaneesh.

The LGBT community is not as cohesive as you would think. For any depiction of a multi gender character there WILL be someone that will not like it and be offended by it.
Then again, someone will probably be offended if they remove Slaneesh from the canon, so if pleasing them is GW's goal it's not going to end well either way.

If they do it, it's some plot progression, so I don't mind. Slaaneah doesn't even have sexy demons anyway.

People are extra reactionary and stupid today.

Slaanesh will probably not be removed from canon. He will just be killed off and replaced by a new Chaos god.

For any depiction of almost anything whatsoever there will be someone who is offended, but apparently expecting people to grow up and deal with it isn't a thing any more.

GW is stupid and they had no problem with killing one of their core settings. I could see them most likely killing off Slaanesh only because it's 2016.

Worst of all even the most ignorant, reactionary plebians have a means to connect their voices with others from all around the world to all yell their bullshit in unison.

"Blue balled sigh"
The one fappable thing in 40k aside from the eldar and they are going to remove her/him...'zips pants back up'
Fuckin sjw, this is why we can't have nice things. When did tentacles hurt anyone??

Malal kills Slaanesh

Then we get codex Malal with alot of anti-chaos units, battlebrothers with SM and Grey Knights.

And for the next 6 years chaosplayers will unironically be told by SM players how grateful we should be.

If they were going to kill Slaanesh off they would have done it by now. The fact of the matter is that they are still making Slaanesh models, and the new Archaon model has Slaanesh's rune on it. Plus they still frequently mention slaanesh in the fluff.
The rumors I've heard is that they were struggling to find the right aesthetic for Slaanesh. That they want to tone down the sex aspect, specially in fantasy, and that when Slaanesh re-emerges s/he will have different art direction.

Which if thats true, I'd be kinda glad. Slaanesh being the god of boobs is boring and deceptive meme. There are plenty of other routes they could explore. like an army of greco-romanesque androgenous adonis/sigvald people, weird fusions of beastmen and sea creatures, or go full body horror and have an army of a cenobytes glad in gold and jewels.

Slaanesh doesnt need to just be boob snakes

I dunno, having one boob is pretty body horror to me

Long shot theory: the one boob thing is offensive to mastectomy patients

Their lack of boob is offensive to me, they should get boobjobs

as it has always, and will forever be. besides, they're hardly affecting company sales or image and don't even belong in the hobby if you ask me, I know you didn't but I am assuming that you would while I type this.

I always thought it was a reference to women gladiators that fight with a breast uncover or to the myth of Amazonian warrior that cut one boob for archery.

Why pander to an at most 8% of the population?
Maybe I can understand gay as evolution way to control population, but the rest? A simple mental disorder, like depression or any other mood disorder.

If everyone was exclusively hetero, we'd all be fucking starving and probably colonizing other worlds to not die

Nah. Race wars would happen first.

First world countries are throwing away food, having a few percent more people around wouldn't change this.

That is why I said gays might be an evolutionary thing, in other mammals and birds species gay occurred naturally along with bisexuality.
The rest of it? Just mental disorders. We are not bloody snails or angler fish.

That's offensive, I'll have you know proud angler fish browse this website, and if you don't like that you can fuck off. Bigot.

I reckon she will probably just corrupt and bring a few aelves with him and Slaanesh sorta becomes chaos aelves or something

>aelves

What an annoying paired of gonads. Go an find a mate so you can atrophy and turn in to just gonads.

>Hold the fuck on, out of all messed up and not child friendly stuff in 40k they're whining about Slaneesh?
Observe the following Objective Scale of Objectionableness
Abnormal sexual content > Anything sex related > intolerance/racism > drugs > gore

AoS is fucking with me dude, I had to go on the website and see if that's what they're really called now

Archaon. Or 40k gets Skaven.

Nothing says family friendly like papa Nurgle!

>reddit
>tumblr
>facebook
>Veeky Forums

I sort of agree, but I'd also point to bonobos monkeys.

Sex for them builds clan ties, its a social thing. The fact that the "prison gay" phenomena exists I think is evidence of this. Soldiers are frequently prone to homosexuality, and in the past pre-Abrahamic warrior societies usually had a degree of respect for troops kissing troops, not kissing girls.

To state my stance, homosexuality is population control and possibly a means of ensuring genders have a more vested interest in each other's welfare, but bisexuality is a social thing designed to build bonds with others.

Indeed, Heteros, Homos and Bi at least have some equivalent in the rest of the natural world. Attack helicopters, mayonnaise, are just mental disorders.

The End Times have come in 40k! For Salaanesh.

I don't think it is the kids

I think it is the parents flipping through the books

>EXPLAIN THIS LITTLE TIMMY I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FAMILY GAME
>mum it's the current year, women and lgbt are part of families too--
>THIS IS UNCHRISTIAN! NO MORE PLASTIC ARMY MEN FOR YOU!

except it's a british game by british people, whom presumably have a better understand of what it is.

cept all the migrants, 40k is most certainly haram

It will probably be Be'lakor; the special snowflake Chaos god of entitlement that nobody asked for.

Watch it, mentioning those people will summon the /pol/ daemons.

>myth of Amazonian warrior
Could have stopped there you know

It's a sad day when people are okay with GW taking the sex, drugs and rock'n'roll out of 40k.

ITT:

>gw does market research
>it drives their publishing
>they care about people
>who will never give them money

Wow, what a dumb time to be alive!

Where GW is concerned, never attribute to thought that which can satisfactorily be explained ignorance and apathy in any ratio. Their thirty year history as a scummy, stupid little company is a well-documented phenomenon, yet people STILL make the mistake of thinking that they operate like a real business.

They do not.

The "reason" for Slaanesh being omitted from AoS is almost certainly something stupid like they forgot or thought finishing the job was too much work. Everyone wanted to get back to writing about Space Marines, after all ...

Nah, the one boob is just GW heavyhanding andronogynous to the max.

Most of the LGBT community have more in common with Nurgle. Slaanesh is triggering to them because it's attractive and not diseased.

Slaanesh is now Sigmar's basement wife.

>wife

>Their thirty year history as a scummy, stupid little company is a well-documented phenomenon, yet people STILL make the mistake of thinking that they operate like a real business.
They never were super competent marketing or sales yuppies, but in the early days they at least gave a shit about their customers.

>The "reason" for Slaanesh being omitted from AoS is almost certainly something stupid like
they are trying to push a new game with a new setting and release minis on a slow drip. I guess after Khorne, Stormcasts and reissuing the old minis with new packaging and a different bases it will be a while before they've worked their way around to Slaanesh.
Next up seems to be Tzeentch and Nurgle seems to be the second most popular deity after Khorne, so Slaanesh will obviously be the last to be released.
But GW being GW, are gonna make it a huge campaign thing: 'The return of the lopsided Titty Monster God' supplement will cost a thousand bucks a pop and will be published with typos on the cover before being superseded the next month by the anthology of the Titty Monster Books that contradicts the first book with the special and super limited short story stuff that is only to be found there. Super exclusive, get it now while stock lasts (tm).

So business as usual.

I'm looking forward to use the Kingdom Death Wet Nurse model as a Keeper of Secret for the tittymonster campaign.

Warhammer Fantasy was a drain on their resources. Slaanesh is pretty fucking important in 40k lore, and 40k is their bread and butter

I recall a link to an article posted on Veeky Forums on some noname website that said Slaanesh was bad because she represented trans and special snowflake people and was portrayed as evil.

Or something to that general effect

In America. Europe went full degenerate

Bitch, America started the degeneracy with the sexual revolution.

They didnt forget about Slaanesh. Slaanesh is still mentioned in the lore, still has armies, etc. Its mentioned that Slaanesh grew fat and lazy from all the elf souls, so Maliketh and Teclis kidnapped Slaanesh and disappeared. Meanwhile Slaanesh's followers are divided, some think Archaon is the new. Slaanesh, some are trying to make themselves the next Slaanesh, and others are questibg looking for the real deal.

Rumor is the next army to get updated is dorfs, after that its likely going to be elves and its going to tie into some big campaign involving the fate of slaanesh

>inb4 40k End Times followed by Age of Astartes

So Slaanesh is confirmed for THICC?

Sorry that we're right on the verge of summoning Malal into the materium. We'll eat Slaanesh first since it's one of the weaker ones. Also we hate those Imperium fags to they're the reason we got into the chaos mess in the first place. So what if we ate that inquisitor? She attacked first!

>One word
>: Bait

FTFY

Don't bring that "lol, slaanesh going because of teh childrun" crap up unless you have actual hard evidence to back up these claims that trolls bring up in every fucking thread.

Nah, I remember old Veeky Forums threads where we had some Egyptian and Syrian players talking about their local game scenes.

Where are you Syrian user? ;_;

Probably in Sweden

They're getting rid of Slaanesh, because of the "adult" themes. You can jump up and down saying they're not, but they will. It's perfectly fine to have ultra-violence with reason, horrible disfiguring disease on children, plans within plans within plans (within more plans) that wipe out millions of souls, but we can't have excess of any kind (be it sexual, money, gluttony, or anything in excess).

GW has become "child" safe and to satisfy the SJW's, they're willing to get rid of one of the chaos gods to make them happy.

That's some pretty uncreative bait you got there.

A chaos god dying would be a VARY bad thing.

Because of the paradox between Slaanesh existing eternally and Slaanesh not existing.

It's not bait when it's true. There's plenty of GW fanboys who wish to get rid of Slannesh. Don't get me wrong, there's people that still want Slannesh and will be pissed if they remove him/her. However, the people that want Slannesh removed are greater then the people who want Slannesh to stay.

Who do you think Games Workshop is going to listen to? The majority or the minority?

>You'll never be a now slightly pudgy Slaanesh who was kidnapped by Elven assholes
>You'll never wait in your prison for your big strong Champion Archaon the Everchosen to rescue you
>He'll never burst in the door one day with the blood of your captors still fresh on his sword
>He'll never break your chains so you can take back your rightful place on the Pantheon instead of that worm of a Horned Rat
>You'll never reward your savior with the greatest and most debauched form of pleasure you have ever devised in your eternally demented mind
>Pure loving sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation while holding hands and softly kissing each other while all the lights are off

That is one naughty Damsel and Distress right there.

>the people that want Slannesh removed are greater then the people who want Slannesh to stay.

Well thats a load of bullshit.

>GW gives into the fags and removes Slaan
>alienates huge number of people
>profits drop

>GW ignores the fags and keeps Slaan
>like nine or ten people who actually make them money refuse to buy GW products, rest will cave and keep buying anyway
>profits virtually unaffected

Hey it's the internet, it may be bullshit, it may be true, but I want Slannesh to stay.

Here are some sources: belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/40k-deep-thought-gw-kill-slaanesh.html
spikeybits.com/2015/02/harlequin-end-times-more-clues-to-40ks-end.html

I'm probably wrong about the number of people that want Slannesh removed, but it seems GW wants Slannesh gone soon.

Were you born this retarded or does it take you continual effort?