Force of Will

New spoilers came out a bit ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

db.fowtcg.us/index.php?p=search
db.fowtcg.us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love her so much. Already know which ruler I'm getting.

She seems like a fun ruler to me.
>Fuck your shenanigans, fight me like a man!

Want to bet user? Her regalia is going to give her imperishable, take a screen cap of this.

I don't know about that happening.

Nah, I'd lose that bet. Cap has been taken though, for posterity or someshit. I'm kinda waiting for the card that reads "Your J/resonators cannot lose [keywords].

So which will be the Light Starter Deck Ruler, Zero or Millium?

Millium. Zero is the Box ruler.

tfw you counter spell said card

I actually really like Zero as a beatdown ruler, going second you can flip her turn one if you want, and with a regalia already start swinging. And for once the ruler-specific support cards aren't trash, a 2-drop 8/8 flyer that gives your ruler hexproof and a 1-drop exile spell are awesome.

Also fun fact, if Zero dies after you flip her, the familiar will still be an 8/8, because it doesn't specify that your "J/Ruler is Zero," just that you /control/ Zero, Master of the Magic Saber. You still control her, even if she's dead and gone astral, so if you flip her early the bird could act as a sweet finisher :0

Happen to know how many Rulers in general we're getting? That makes 6 then if we include all the other Starter ones.

We actually haven't seen ANY regalia yet. I'm thinking and really hoping that regalia were a gimmick for the Alice cluster and they don't come back.

AGGRO WHITE I'M IN user GIVE ME THIS
Or maybe white red.

I'm already brewing mang. Regaliaspam with the red, white, and flying regalias, play 4-ofs of the Thunder reprint, 4 of the bird and 4 of the 1-drop exile spell, then fill the rest with other burn spells and maybe some red draw power.

That sounds lewd user. I'm interested.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NEW ZERO AND HER SUPPORT IS GOING TO BE STUPID.
Get fucking hype

Kind of funny how the covered version is more rare, yet still cheaper than the original promo.

A guy threw 20$ at my face without thinking when I told him I had her. It was fun.

Yeah, price just went up on them as well, hovered from $9-$15 a piece to $13-$25 now.

New J-Ruler Zero has some major gap going on.

Has anyone made a custom playmat ever?

There's a few floating arounf the Facebook US group.

I own one. Never got a chance to use it since I got out of card games at around the same time or ordered it.

FoW boosters > MtG boosters

Prove me wrong

How are the quality of custom mats, and what resolution/quality of picture should I use for one?

How do you guys feel about the new font and card design? It looks so awkward and floaty to me, and I really liked the previous designs better (kind of like how Vingolf 2 is printed).

I actually like how the art extends throughout the entirety of the card. I disliked the borders on the cards quite a bit, and the numbers on the sides are nice for when combat phases.

Only thing I dislike is the text style.

The Sun Wukong/Journey to the West based cards came out pretty nice to be honest, but designs like Feel floaty to me. All that large, blank space doesn't really help either.

>Zero's Familiar
>Familiar of Zero
Aha ha ha ha ha.

Stealth bug is nuts, been playing it since BFA dropped, dual stones just pushed it over the edge, the only deck that can hope to compete is burn since it can potentially kill prior to turn 4

As someone considering getting into this game, is it possible to make a functioning deck comprised entirely of nothing but cute anime grills? As in, I know that no matter what card I draw, I know in my mind in advance that it will be an anime babe?

I like the new design, but yes, its kinda floaty.

They should just stick with base design, dont change what isnt broken in the first place

So far after playing quite a few matches with a friend of mine also only playing Valkyria Chronicles decks, it's really only Darkness, Wind, and Fire that can really be decent deck-wise. Though Riela is a pretty terrible Ruler no matter what.

This proves how terrible the older borders around the cards are.

I've been going to FoW locals for ages now but I'm just losing all motivation to keep playing.

>Metagame should be theoretically varied but everywhere I've played it's always the same decks topping at any given time
>Cards randomly errata'd, banning cards outright would be less confusing than having them do something other than what's printed on them
>Irritating 'block' rotation that Magic does which makes all but the newest cards illegal
>Reprinting old cards but with different names (Elvish Priest/Sacred Elf, Thunder/Lightning Strike etc.) so you HAVE to buy the new ones
>Black Moon Beam exists and even ignoring its intended effect you can also fizzle it to seal the stack
>Fatty cards that let you grab your opponent's deck and look through all the cards and touch them with your sweaty neckbeard fingers
>Specific decks that are shit but barf more creatures onto the field at once than an entire game of modern Yu-Gi-Oh so a single turn takes 10 minutes
>Everyone involved in the creation process of Engage Knights deserves to be thrown into an industrial meat grinder
>Playerbase is 100%(?) neckbeards, only ever met one girl who shows up on game days to buy FoW cards but only watches and never plays
>Anime girl playmats everywhere just to make sure the autism levels are always at maximum output

So, is this basically just MtG with waifus and inflated numbers?

>inflated numbers?
You do know it's something based around their currency, right? They're used to using things in the '100's and so on, evident enough by how items are listed for sale like "8,893 Yen" and so on. So of course, they'd stick to something similar when making games. Things into the thousands for them is completely normal.

I KNOW RIGHT?

Alipheesefateburnxvi @gmail

I have two playsets of Dual Stones from Vingolf and only need one playset.

I added up four copies of all ten stones in their cheapest form and it came to about $54 on tcgplayer.

I'm selling a full playset (from Vingolf 1, not that it matters) for $40 shipped.

Feel free to email me if you're curious.

Sorry to go all BST, I'm native to /toy/.

>So, is this basically just MtG with waifus
Doesn't MTG have waifus too?

I've got two from inked gaming. They are pretty nice for the price, but you'll want a pretty high res image for them. I think they recommend something like 3800x2600; not quite that, but around there. Although one of mine was from something a bit smaller, upscaled, and it turned out fine after printing.

I've heard the gamermats custom ones are also pretty nice, for a couple bucks more.

I can't be the only one who thought this would be a therad about pir related.

>>Black Moon Beam exists and even ignoring its intended effect you can also fizzle it to seal the stack

This actually isn't correct at all, once moonbeam resolves you can add more onto the chase. It doesn't all resolve as soon as people stop adding to it, you can let the top spell resolve then add something else on top of what was the second to top spell. It's equivalent to the stack in Magic, not the Chain in Yugioh.

Seems like a pretty strong ruler to be honest. While paying B every time you want to completely shut some keywords down is less than ideal, it's certainly possible if you're afraid of black moonbeam. It's nice to see that the format will get another viable ruler after the horrid A4/Valkeryia Chronicles rulers.

I hope we never see the heroic spirits again Unless we someday get Vingolf: Fate[/spoiler

I love how this looks, best feeling

>that pantyshot

Also is monkey man a box ruler or starter deck ruler? My gut says starter deck because he doesn't seem that viable.

Hmm? You specifically can't chase to Black Moon Beam.

Unless I've been had, everyone I've played against uses it as a "you can't respond to my shit" if my J-Ruler isn't available for instant obliteration.

You know, this thing makes imperishable mandatory for every deck that uses the j-ruler.

>the elf promo
Nice. Now we have a replacement for Priest.

You can't chase to it, but after it resolves you can chase to whatever else was on the chase. The entire chase doesn't immediately resolve, only moonbeam must resolve before more items can be placed on the chase. Say there a 4 spells on the chase, and then they cast moonbeam. After moonbeam resolves, you can still respond to that 4th spell that is now on top of the chase. Your playerbase probably all came from Yugioh I assume? Yugioh players think it works that way because in Yugioh, the "chain" must resolve in it's entirety as soon as both players pass priority. However, in FoW, much like in Magic, you can respond to each spell on the stack/chase after the spell on top of it resolves. In fact, so long as nothing with Split Second/can't be chased to is on the stack/chase, you can interact with any spell on the chase you want, at any point in the chase resolving. If somebody casts three Thunders all on the same chase, and I want to let one resolve then cancel the one on the bottom of the chase, I can do that.

Also, you can't even cast moonbeam if it doesn't have a valid target, so there has to be a ruler in play for it to even be cast. Sounds like everybody at your locals SERIOUSLY needs to read the rules.

We might actually be getting things like that. They have started asking quite a few companies lately for Vingolf3.

I kinda do everytime I see "Force of Will" or "FoW"

He is one, and so far, Zero is the only one that will be obtained via booster packs and such since Millium is the Light Starter.

Damn. I specifically questioned if you could actually burn spells without a valid target and the judge said yes.

Guess I've been had. I even lost a tourney-deciding match because it was ruled I couldn't cancel Thunder if it was earlier in the stack.

Guess everyone here is playing an entirely different game.

Yeah, your "judge" definitely is not that lol. Don't be afraid to question rulings, if you have a question or something doesn't sound right and your locals people are playing THIS wrong, the US Facebook group has judges that'll be pretty quick to answer questions. If you post a question and #getjudged people usually answer pretty quick.

>everybody at your locals SERIOUSLY needs to read the rules.
Feels like we need to read the rules over here.
>Jrulers lose their name when they go astral
No they fucking don't. I should buy one of those new starters just to get the rulebook so I can point to that.

>Jrulers lose their name when they go astral
Yeah, they totally fucking don't. Whoever told the other guy that is kind of full of shit. That would basically make it so, if you used Arla, that you'd have to remove your arrow count on your regalia since you'd be then "losing him".

Who told you that?

They don't lose their name, but they are no longer a "ruler" or a "j-Ruler." So using the examples from the new set, Zero's Familiar would still get the buff since you control an astral ruler with the name "Zero, Master of the Magic Saber," however Zero's Magic Light would cost you WW if she was dead, since you no longer control a J/Ruler named "Zero, Six Sage of Light" or "Zero, Master of the Magic Saber," you control an astral ruler named "Zero, Master of the Magic Saber." That is where the confusion comes in, since there was only one card with the wording like Zero's Familiar until it came along.

No you wouldn't have to remove counters, but if you have a dead arla and play a bow it'll only enter with two counters, see Also, who told me which part?

so if he's an astral ruler as "Arla", you only get two counters?

Correct. He's still named Arla, but he's an astral ruler. The bow specifies if your Ruler or J/Ruler is named Arla you get 4 counters, and you control neither a ruler or J-Ruler, you control an astral ruler. It only still works in cases like Zero'd Familiar spoiled at the top of the thread, because it just requires you control Zero, Master of the magic Saber" and doesn't specify what type of card she would be.

does control mean out on the field or just "have" in your deck?

Could anyone point me towards a card database site? Haven´t played it since it´s second european edition and would like to see were it went.

Control is in play. Cards that originated from your deck and/or side of the table are cards you "own," but anything in play is what you "control."

db.fowtcg.us/index.php?p=search

Here you go, I'll get some more in a bit.

db.fowtcg.us/

New player here, is there any difference between this magic stone and other basic water stones? i ask because this says activate and the others only have tap symbols.

Nope, there's no difference.

thanks friend.

too big

As long as a card has been reprinted at some point, I can keep using the older version right? I really don't like the reprint for Lancelot at all.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works in every TCG.

I don't really play card games, and I just started playing this from 40k, so I wasn't too sure.

someone please stop me from buying boosters, BFA isn't good for boosters

Wait a month, man.

I'm blowing my whole load on that box. I'm buying three because new thunder.

I'd agree with waiting. If you're not interesting in anything BFA related, then it might be best to just wait for Curse of the Frozen Casket and the onset of Lapis Cluster 1.

Its already been explicitly stated that regalia are a Attoractia only thing. They were a local flavor thing to natives of Attoractia. We should only see Gill using them from here on out, and even then I doubt theyll make anything like the regalia we know.

Zero is so stupid broken, I love it. Abzan control is going to be retarded with her as ruler.

Did they ever release the actual art of the butt version of Zero?

Yep, and you can find them mostly on ebay since it seems some shops will only carry the covered version of her. They go for $10-$25 each, and have gone up in price just recently.

I should add that the cards themselves are summer promos and such.

I still think I like this one the best, just a shame the sharks are rather pricey when going to try and make a Crocoshark deck.

covered or uncovered it depends on the shop

Seems like all the ones around me, even a fair bit away as well, all got the uncovered version. And by searching online even, it's still easier to find the uncovered one as well as the covered going for quite a bit cheaper than the other.

How do I make a decent Machine deck?

Reminder that the Athena playmat is out.

It's not that much of a stretch to think they probably named the game after that card.

>reskined MtG with lewed anime girls and recylced mechanics

>MtG with lewed anime girls

Also Magic Stones are a better mechanics than lands.

Doesnt even need to be good. Just play like an asshat a la Fuentes and youll top 8 no problem

It's been out for awhile now.

>Just play like an asshat a la Fuentes
I'm now following.

I have no idea about this game except its animu and bit like mtg.
I saw a bunny, Can I make a bunny deck?