So, we’re all in agreement that bitcoin futures are gonna kill bitcoin, right...

So, we’re all in agreement that bitcoin futures are gonna kill bitcoin, right? That dumb old investors are gonna buy them instead of btc and expect the price to go up still? That whales are going to buy futures then manipulate the btc market (by dropping the price) and cause the price to get demolished right? Right?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/s/short.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No I don't think so. Maybe a correction down to about 10-11k but this is not bubble. Correction will happen like always but bitcoin is here to say.

Actually wondering about this, you gonna sell 9th december?

>buy up all the bitcoins
>take fat short position on bitcoin futures
>dump all your bitcoins onto normies
>close your short - take fuckload of cash profit

what even are futures?

Bets on future prices of an asset without actually holding or owning said asset

Can we get an actual date when this is happening?

that doesn't explain shit.
Btc has no assets, there is literally no future for btc.

10th and 18th of December

Dude relax would you? Btc is an asset. You dont understand this game atall

It would explain the price going up now. Bankers have to buy it now so they can dump it later when they have shorts on it

Amy more info than that? Just a few links? Thanks pal

I think piling into ETH might be a decent idea

basically this:

you agree with me contractually that in 1 month you will pay me $20,000 for 1 BTC

now lets say in 1 month BTC is worth $15,000.. you still have to pay me $20,000 so i have fucked you. Or it could be worth $25,000 so im the one getting fucked

the thing is though neither of us need to own BTC at the time we agree to do this.. so lets take the first example and in one month BTC is worth $15,000.. I just go to an exchange and buy the BTC there and then and instantly sell it to you for $20,000..

now you are seeing why manipulation can be fucking profitable as shit for the big boys.. just crash the price, buy it cheap and sell it to people for the agreed price which could be 2x or more and repeat

They can't manipulate the price by betting on futures any more than a race horse better manipulates the price by making a bet on a race. I hope their shorts all get wrecked and they regret ever doubting Bitcoin.

This was inevitable. Thought it would take a lot longer for them to do the scripts

Will futures be available to the general NEET though? at he moment any degenerate can buy on coinbase and play on bittrex

The bigger the market cap, the harder it is to manipulate. Can whales really still move the price of BTC? Any other crypto, sure, but BTC, with almost $300 billion market cap?

What bankers?

>bitcoin is here to say
to say what?

They don't have to buy it to short it. That's not how shorts work.

They will be buying and selling into the market. It may sound like gambling but its actually trading.

I suspect a very large correction will occur, and have cashed out, will rejoin the race later of course, but not going to let sunday/monday take a huge chunk. Would rather lose on potential growth, than lose on a huge short.

This is what I was thinking. Every time I hear "bankers" and "whales" I think we would notice these big ass transactions in the block chain and how can any institution hide billions f dollars going into crypto? What exchange is allowing people to buy a billion dollars worth of bitcoin at a time anyways?

Yes it is. They need to own a big bunch to offer it to their clients

People who short this are going to get burned. Bitcoin is the biggest fuck you to institutions and walstreet. These arrogant pricks think they can play with bitcoin they will get burned.

If you don't think the stocks have been purchasing BTC at $3k, then don't forget that they have been preparing this for +6 months (according to themselves). They can very much short BTC.

Bitcoin Futures are the best opportunity to short the shit out of Bitcoin. Someday in the next two months it'll be a far more effective way to make money then holding Bitcoin.

That is a load of shit! Any moron who shorts bitocin will get burned mark my words.

I hope so, and will watch with much interest, but I'm not counting on it not taking a hit.

They would read that post and laugh.

Its not some big boogeyman either. You could do it yourself, its open to all. infact youd be a fool not to.

> It'll go up forever! BTC $50000 in March 2018. Mark my words!!! *snorts coke*

You're right. But they need a ton to sell to trigger the correction and fulfill their short position.

Thanks for this brah

They aren't the arrogant ones. They've done far more research than you did because it's their job to do so.

This attitude will cause you a lot of pain

Dude really 50k? I never said forever bu 50k though really?

Welp...it was fun while it lasted

indeed user, i've been thinking about this for the past few days since the announcement. if i were a loaded billionaire with lots of billionaire friends i'd get hooked up with the chinks and engage in ghost market manipulation of BTC, especially if i could play futures on it with mad leverage. controlling the price of BTC with coordinated pump and dumps worth billions to make hundreds of billions in shorting BTC is what these wallstreet niggers are going to do. there isnt an asset on earth that you can manipulate like crypto and these faggots know that finally. thats why its game on for these assholes and the price of BTC from here on out will always be what (((they))) want it to be. it wont ever be organic ever again. screen cap this cause you all know im right. expect a huge dive after the futures begin shorting BTC. the kikes gotta get theirs lads, its just the way it is. always has been.

Just hodl and in two months you'll be in a world of pain.

Trading volume at any single moment IS NOT EQUAL to market cap. It doesn't take a billion dollars of btc to manipulate the prices. Whales still have the same or more coins constantly accumulating. If they could manipulate the price in the past, they can manipulate the price now.

Oh really then how come they didn't buy BTC back in January 2016 or better yet three years ago? Bullshit! These fucking assholes in walstreet don't know shit!

I don't want to be an ass, but you don't know what you are talking about. You don't have to own to short. (Of course, all this is broken down into investment products by the exchanges, but here is what's basically happening:) Someone who owns it lets someone else "borrow" it with the promise to sell it back + interest. The person shorting sells it at the market price. Say it's a week long short. In a week they buy it back and turn it back over to the owner. If they were right to short and the price went down, they obviously profit the difference between the sale price at the beginning and the buyback price at the end of the short (minus interest paid to the owner). If they are wrong, they have to buy back at the higher price, so they lose that margin and still pay the interest. So, basically you sell something that you borrowed and have to buy it back.

This same bullshit was said when BTC was at 4k same shit was said at 10k, same shit was said at 15k. On and on and on.

investopedia.com/terms/s/short.asp

Correct, I am saying that the proper way to short something is to also manipulate the market, so that it is a "sure thing." To manipulate the BTC market, you have to own BTC. If you want to push down the price of BTC because you have a short on it in the futures market, you first have to own a lot so that you can sell in a coordinated effort right when your short contract is closing. You make money from the pump and dump and from shorting what you are dumping, in theory.

Actually youre not understanding me

They cant offer this by buying from some exhange. They need their own massive stores of coins to be able to offer the service

You're a naive, ignorant, teenaged dumbass.

The "too early" argument normally vanishes quickly after a crash.

I.e the bitcoin futures market will probably be people trading the coins 'mr nasdaq' owns

No, the Tether scam blowing up will kill bitcoin.

also this

It hadn't caught their attention and the market cap has to reach a certain point before big plays become possible.

>These fucking assholes in walstreet don't know shit!
Try to beat the stock market with anything but crypto, and you'll fail like everyone else does. These people are incredibly efficient in setting prices and the entire economy benefits from that fact. By extension you do too. But you're too salty that some people have money that you don't, so you're going to pat yourself on the back and pretend you have some grand insight just as jump into crypto right before the next big crash.

>all in agreement
NOPE

>investopedia.com/terms/s/short.asp
So these dudes are essentially taking the Veeky Forums method seriously, buy high and sell low.

>not already RIP

Check

lmao wow, you actually think the "normies" are the ones accumulating all of this BTC? holy fuck, I can't believe some of you trade.

Why do I sometimes read about "interest" when it comes to futures in articles about them?

So let's say a pool has been accumulating 30 billion worth by now. They sell it all at once it would take like 10% of the market cap out, if done correctly, and coordinated with some big negative news, they could trigger a panic sell off.

>These people are incredibly efficient in setting prices and the entire economy benefits from that fact.

Shut the fuck up faggot, you're absolutely full of shit, and probably an investment bank shill. What happened 10 years ago thanks to these fuckheads efficiently setting prices? You realize many so called professionals lost their shirts, and that entire banks went under, and others had to be bailed out by US THE TAXPAYERS?

There is no benefit to these people when it comes to fiat money, they understand perfectly well that they can fuck up, pass the cost to us, and get bailed out.

I've been thinking the is an almost certain scenario.

I wish I had some serious dough...

yeah, I know we should always expect the opposite of the expected, but I don't see any way around this one. It's too good. No fakeout needed. I don't think you can make any easier money than what he described.

some relevant excerpts

>the proposed derivatives would enable miners to more effectively hedge against the ever-increasing difficulty of mining (the energy-intensive process by which new transactions are added to the blockchain), as well as the declining value of their mining hardware.

>users of bitcoin futures are likely to be sophisticated individual traders and cryptocurrency dealers who until now couldn’t effectively hedge their positions. Others have suggested that bitcoin miners who incur massive electricity bills could use futures to hedge their costs.
>CME says it has experience handling big price swings in other commodities and financial products. Based on an index, CME said that bitcoin’s average daily price move has been about 3%, which isn’t out of line with some commodities. Crude oil volatility hovered around 125% in 2008 to 2009, according to the Chicago exchange.

>Futures will permit miners to hedge their portfolios by selling output in advance.
>if history is any guide, organized futures will reduce the wild volatility in bitcoin. Historically, the introduction of futures contracts has generally led to a decrease in the volatility of the underlying asset.

>I bet the margin requirements will prohibit most small speculators from trading this shit..
>I wonder how many "commercial" users actually need BTC hedges.
>
>The lack of a hedge is the main reason many merchants haven't accepted Bitcoin as a payment method so far. A friend of mine who is a precious metals dealer told me he would like to accept BTC but fears its extreme volatility may lower his margins. If you are a merchant with high revenues the lack of a hedge can cost you a lot. So, we will see whether the introduction of BTC futures at the CME will make merchants adopt BTC for payment.

just think, 30 new threads have been created since the last post and this is already pg7. I'm starting to regret even trying to bother posting info here.