How would you describe an intergalactic star cruiser to a person(not necessarily the same species as you) who lives in...

How would you describe an intergalactic star cruiser to a person(not necessarily the same species as you) who lives in a society at the approximate development and cultural level as Europe's Renaissance period?

Could you... rephrase that?

First explain that stars are suns, and the heliocentric model of solar systems. From there explain galaxies, possibly using the 'island universes' term that was used when they were first suspected to be huge clusters of stars.

After that a boat analogy should work fine - unless there are crazy sci-fi physics involved, which there probably are, but I'd need specifics to go on.

>have an intergalactic star cruiser
>need to describe it to a person who is not necessarily the same species as me
>the person lives in a society that is at the approximate development and cultural level as Europe's Renaissance period
>wat do?

By the Renaissance, they still understood the idea of the globe. The heliocentric model was just catching on, but the general idea of the earth being a sphere suspended in the heavens in some sense existed.

So... it's a boat that can leave this world and travel to others, or to the assorted suns and stars.

"large flying castle made of metal"

I'm embarrassed I understood that better in greentext.
It's very late and misinterpreted describe to mean more "compare", thus my confusion. Shitposter needs sleep badly.

It's a ship that sails the heavens.

Done.

>"It is a ship that sails the stars"

Is that so hard?

That really depends on when in the Renaissance we're talking about. This would be a very difficult task for people in the early parts of the era, but by the middle of the era, the existence of other planets was known and people were culturally accustomed to the idea that you could sail in a ship to the New World.

There isn't that much of a difference between sailing at sea for a few months and arriving in a land full of savage heathens and flying for a few months and arriving on a world full of savage aliens. Particularly to the pre-modern mind that didn't necessarily view the natives as Men.

"See those stars? This machine can go to them"

Forget Renaissance; even someone from the Bronze Age could understand that.

Unless they thought stars were holes in a black sheet or jewels in the sky

Our ship can reach those too. Doesn't matter what they think they are, so long as they think theyre super high up.

"You look into the sky and you see the glittering jewels shining down, we see worlds to visit, much like yours. With this vessel, we may travel between them at our leisure. Do you wish to join us?"

>Then take them aboard and bang them
>Possibly dump them on another world

Oy lookie 'ere humie. I knows you don't gef dis level of tekknology, but we greenskinz are willing to t..t..tech..tea...teef? youz a bit about the bits and bobs dat make dis fingy workz guud. All me asks in return is dose horsies. *rubs belly* Man dose horsies look mighfi tasties. Ok, we gotz a deal? Good.

Stone Age could understand that. They're still humans.

Say that every light in the night sky is like the sun, only very far away.

There are other lands under those suns.

We built a boat that can sail across the sky and came from one of those lands.

Some of these lands have people that look like animals, but talk like men.

"Oi boss, why ain't we just lootin' dem? Dem 'umies got ded weak choppas an' no dakka ta speak of!"
>"'cos ya little git, oi wants ta be able to land 'ere again an' get more 'orses when oi wants. Good ta have a place fer the meks to do their gubbins to the ships in peace, an' gettin' good grub regular like is worth a couple shootas an' a bike."
"Hmm.. dat's not a bad plan dere boss."
>"Also, dem 'umies are so weak dat lootin' dem just feels un-orky. I mean, what's da point?"
"...the loot is"
>"You're a git, you knows dat right? I mean it wouldn't be a good scrap! Wait fer them ta build a little, and then it'll be more fun or worth it anyways! And until den, we've got a landing point and grub. Now shut up or I'll remind your gob why I'm da one in charge wiv a power klaw."

Aherm.. Letz see. Nowz, you see dat big red button? Dat means go, as in go fokkin' fast, or go home. If noffing happens when you pushes itz, dat means somebody else gotta go, and deyz gotta go fast too, you hear? Heres a tiny dakka for you, free of charge. If button don't work, you use dis on the closest humie and maybe waitz a few. You have to belief in dakka humie, or there be no point in dis. Once you push the button, you mighff fink, watz nao? Nothing left do, right..? NO, you push it again. Youz can never go fast enuff. Big red button, go fast, you got dat?

Anywayz, dis be the engie room. I don't like dis place, too many grots and gits. Be sure you gotz some mekboyz, err I mean ren... rennas..rennaiscaff..runnascince?? sciendists. You mightz go down 'ere to use dat dakka I gavez you. Whatever, fuck dis room.

Finally, you mighf ask, how we know where to go fast wiff? Datz not important. War is everywhere in the galaxy humie. If you don't find war first, war findz you.

So long humie, and thanks for all da horsies.

Do you want diggas? 'Cause dat's how you get diggas.

what are diggas?

Digganobz.

>Sir those are wu-

Digganobz!

Basically, human ork fanboys who live as orky as they can, paint themselves green and generally try to be orks.

DIGGANOBZ!

Meanwhile, someone tries to show the Exorcists Chapter Master the Nigganobz and he insists they're wulfen

....that typo was completely unintentional. I blame the filename thread.

>10/10 typo would kek again

"Ayo muthafucka, drop dem gunz n' shit 'fore me an mah boyz blast yo bitchazz!"

DIS AN ORKY BREAD NOW

SO POST SUM DAKKA YOU LAZY GITS

If this is an average person of the European renaissance, they would likely not grasp all the subtle nuances of sailing ships, yet still graps their basic principles as function as seafaring vessels.
>"A 'star-cruiser', my good man, is similar so a vessel of the ocean, but one which instead traverses between the celestial bodies, from Terra-Firma, to the moon, even to faraway stars, and beyond.
Imagine the Americas, both vast and distant... I assure you, there are newer worlds, greater beyond even our own."

Fucked up my own greentext, but nevermind.