Hey Veeky Forums complaints department, I'm trying to not play DND but I don't have knowledge of simpler systems...

Hey Veeky Forums complaints department, I'm trying to not play DND but I don't have knowledge of simpler systems. Could you name a few?

GURPS?

First, you need to know what type of genre you want to play.

Hack and slashy?
Future cyberpunk?
Far future spacepunk?
Weird dark horror?
Comfy slice of life?
Dungeon crawling?
Or do you want a system that can do everything, kind of?

Then choose if you want a very crunchy game or something more narrative-y.

Choose that, then we can help you further.

Adventurer Conqueror King
>plays fast
>low fantasy
>detailed rules for realm-management, organization-building, and war
>minions and henchmen
>coherent and reasonable economic structure, takes magic and adventurers into account
>sort of old-school like B/X
>DM can build whole setting from the ground up, has solid random tables for this
>rules for lasting injury and consequences of resurrection
>light sensible rules for NPC reactions, morale, and loyalty
>can easily convert the THAC0-like attack throws to late-dnd-style attack rolls

>inb4 user who can't be bothered to look for it
You can find it in the OSR general thread's trove, it's in a link in the OP there

What are you interested in?

If you like starwars Edge of the Empire. Its for smugglers, bountyhunters, anything from crooks to firefly.

If you like 40k, learn black crusade, you are the baddies, and you enjoy it.

Are you a giant faggot, download the pdf for vampire the masquerade, it's mostly about social intrigue and being a secret society.

Or just download and read anything you hear about on tg. See if you like it.

How simple do you want your system?

GURPS isn't any simpler than D&D, just more flexible and better for realistic adventures.

Savage Worlds is generally the go-to system for simple rules that can handle multiple genres.

Not swords and sorcery. Cyberpunk and horror seem awesome. Narrative.

Isn't Dark Heresy for playing the Space marines? I think I could get my group into that.

Simple enough that people who struggle to understand DND 5e could play it.

In b4 gur... Oh. Umm, never mind.

Seriously though, go to the share thread, open the collection trove. Randomly pick a game and give it a try by making a character. If doing that makes your brain hurt and leaves you confused, pick another. Repeat until you're willing to do a one-shot with that system.

After the one-shot, find another game using the above method and do another one-shot. After you've played a dozen or so different games you'll be in a great place to decide which is your favorite or your go to.

5e is pretty simple as far as games go...I guess you could go for stuff like Lasers and Feelings or Fiasco

> better for realistic adventures.
Now that's jsut blatent lies. Just because they use IQ as a stat doesn't mean that other shit has any real world relation.

Night's Black Agents may be up your alley. Intelligence network (spies and assassins) agents learn that vampires exist and set out to combat them. Problem is they have plenty of shadowy allies in the world of espionage.

The Sprawl maybe?

It's simple and narrative.

And most importantly, cyberpunk.

D6
BFRPG
LOTFP

Give up. If 5e us too hard, you're dealing with people less capable tha eight year olds.

Try non-RPGs like Ticket to Ride or Settlers of Catan. If those are too hard, just pull out Candyland and call it a day.

I understand. I'm the forever DM of a group of cretins and they barely understand tabletop, but if not them, nobody else.

Game > No games.

Hello, Veeky Forums complaints department? I'm trying to not play DnD but I still want to play kitchen sink fantasy. I also don't want to play a generic system with 100 splatbooks or houserule a system tied to a wildly different setting like WHFRPG or Shadowrun. Could you give me some suggestions?

Stop being a faggot? It seems like you ingested a few too many memes and took them to heart, and now you're left with just being dumb and gay.

My advice? Get away and stay away from Veeky Forums, and don't ask this board for advice anymore.

13th Age? Dragon Age? Both just won some ENnies.

GURPS is simpler, yes. What makes it much simpler is that most of it is grounded in reality and makes sense, as opposed to D&D's abstract bullshit.
It's also a fuckload better at playing D&D-type games with the Dungeon Fantasy line.

Which you should give a look too, OP. Dungeon Fantasy is a GURPS line of books that aims to simplify everything a bit, and provides all the material you need to run that kind of game. GURPS is usually a toolkit where you build your genre, setting, bad guys and everything, but with Dungeon Fantasy, you only have to build up the adventures and sessions, the rest is already taken care of.
Probably the best intro to GURPS, desu.