Should a man be able to refuse playing with someone with an infectious disease at a Magic the Gathering tournament...

Should a man be able to refuse playing with someone with an infectious disease at a Magic the Gathering tournament without getting a game loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/media/releases/2014/s0708-NIH.html
fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm405434.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you didn't want to get AIDS you should have stayed in your hermetically sealed home, you hypochondriac retard

relax, autism isn't infectious.

Lies. The number one cause of autism in America is getting bitten by an autistic person.

Is it a disease that can be transmitted through contact? If so, yes. If no, man up, you pussy.

Is 'airborne infection' considered contact?

Pretty much what he said.

Unless the infected person spits into his hand and the other one has an open sore on his, the likelihood of getting infected is pretty low. Admittedly, I'm assuming that heavy makeout sessions and unprotected sexual intercourse aren't a common occurrence during games of M:tG, and that opponents, much like in chess, only shake each other's hand before and after a game.

And anyway, where do we draw the line? OP's pic mentions HIV, but there's a lot of other infectious diseases as well, like the flu, the common cold, smallpox, the bubonic plague, rabies and malaria. Should some diseases be blacklisted and other be considered acceptable for a player to have? And what should the criteria be?

>And what should the criteria be?

Whether a player feels unsafe or not.

But what if two players refuse to play each other because they both feel unsafe? Do they both win? Do both lose? Is it a draw? Do they have to play by proxy?

He who feels unsafest gets the win?

>smallpox, the bubonic plague,
Plague can be treated with common antibiotics these days, user. And smallpox is basically extinct.

a needlestick with contaminated blood has a less than 1% chance of leading to a successful HIV infection

so as far as OP's pic goes: no you dumb cunt, how would you even know someone is positive in the first place unless you two were boning?

>how would you even know someone is positive in the first place

His 'POZ PRIDE' shirt?

well that's a dumb shirt to wear but that doesn't change the fact that you can't catch HIV from playing MTG

And it'll stay that way as long as the anti-vax lunatics don't gain any further ground.

>And what should the criteria be?

When the CDC or whoever puts you in quarantine.

US doesn't routinely vaccinate for smallpox anymore, barring military folk. Not sure if that's good or bad

Sounds like you're a casual who doesn't play with the hardcore "fuck the loser" rules.
Come back when you're serious about the game.

I've taken a break from playing for ante. The odds might be good but the goods are odd

>Whether a player feels unsafe or not.

...so African-Americans get seperate-but-equal tournaments?

Smallpox has been extinct in the wild for almost forty years. Basically no one has been vaccinated against it since.

So while the anti-vaxxers can bring back a lot of horrors that should be ancient history by now, that's one demon they won't be able to resurrect.

>not slicing each other's palms and binding your hands together for the duration of the match to ensure there's no cheating between blood brothers

>that's one demon they won't be able to resurrect

That sounds like a challenge.

That's not true! Shut up! I'll fucking bite you man!

It's not really anything. Within the US, the only smallpox sample is kept under lock and key, so the likelihood of anyone catching it is effectively 0.

Polio on the other hand is a vaccine that has been dwindling, but the disease isn't dead, and now children are getting it because their parents refused vaccination. Same with the MMR vaccine. Those diseases are very real, if relatively unlikely, threats.

That's diabetes, assburger.

Isn't that what you get when you step on a rusty nail?

There are a distressing number of smallpox samples in the US that aren't particularly well guarded.
In 2014, the FDA found a box of live smallpox vials (Along with a bunch of other diseases) in the back of a closet. They had been left sitting there unguarded since at least the 1960s, if not the 50s or 40s, when that particular lab had been CDC. There was so little documentation about these samples that nobody knows why that old lab even had them in the first place.

The CDC has also been called out for transporting dangerous pathogens in unsealed plastic baggies and accidentally sending samples contaminated with infectious diseases to labs not expecting or prepared for infectious diseases.

Source?

cdc.gov/media/releases/2014/s0708-NIH.html

They handled it well, but the fact that they were even left there in the first place and nobody knew about it is the problem.

So I can win MTG tournaments by becoming Tumblr-incarnate?

Sweet.

And here's the followup.
fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm405434.htm

After reading , that feels like a campaign idea

If he's broadcasting that he's infected, just don't let him touch your cards.

No, that's hepatitis.

I don't have HIV, but if I did, I'd lick all of my cards. Then I'd play a deck filled with cards that would give my opponent control over my permanents.

"Here you go."

>"fuck the loser" rules
at an M:tG tourney? I'm pretty sure everyone's coming in behind on that one.

>I'm pretty sure everyone's coming in behind on that one.
Hahahahahaha, because buttsex.

>just don't let him touch your cards

But he really wants to cut your deck

Then decline him and have a 3rd-party do it.

It's Gonoherpesyphilaids. Think there's a cream for that though

The Soviets also had some samples and no one outside of Russia knows just how secure they are or aren't.

>I have an infecitous disease
>I know!
>I'll go to an enclosed space with lots of people who expect to frequently use their hands to touch things!

Some people just want to watch the stomachs churn.