Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1005: You CAN Simply Walk Into Mordor, But You Can Never Leave! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jumpers, Have you ever made your own Mordor?
What if any Fictional Settings have you recreated in a Jump, and why?

>Do those that take the shadow of mordor wraiths perk need food? I don't know if mordor has food.
Eat Orks, after all, the Orks don't have a problem with it.
But seriously, the tribesman live there and would need to eat. Remember, Mordor is volcanic, and those have good soil. Sauron raises crops to feed his army somewhere off screen in the region, IIRC

What the fuck am I doing. Ok so I forgot that I already made rulings for the limits of Force powers in the Supplement.

>Regardless of whether or not you acquire Force sensitivity multiple times you will be able to improveyour abilities through study and training to become the equal of some of the greatest Force users ever. With just a few years of practice you could become the equal of Bastila or Asajj Ventress, spend decades improving your powers and you'll be able to match the likes of Revan, Dooku or Mace Windu, and after dedicating an entire lifetime to learning the ways of the Force you could become a master equal to Yoda, Sidious or Kreia. You may also be able to reach the level of unique individuals like Starkiller, Nihilus or Luke but it could take centuries of concentrated study into the Force.

>Neither you nor any one you grant Force Powers to will be able to surpass the feats depicted in the cannon or EU.

>The only way to become as powerful as The Ones or Abeloth is by using the same methods they did. This NOT recommended however since it WILL drive you insane and transform you into an abomination.

I completely forgot about this somehow so ignore my earlier statements. Also while you can't crush planets with telekinesis you can still devastate their environments and wipe out their inhabitants. Also I gotta ask, why would want to completely destroy a planet? It's just a waste of life, space and resources and only useful in a handful of settings.

>why would want to completely destroy a planet
By cracking a planet into many smaller pieces it becomes far easier to mine.

Same reason one would build a Death Star: obvious martial supremacy and intimidation.

Well, yes... I stole Mount Doom in the LotR jump. Combining that with my Overlord tower made for a pretty quick Mordor look. Atleast the Minions are funnier than Orcs.

Oh, hey. I can steal another Mount Doom in Shadow of Mordor now.

I'll have a set. Nice.

Anyway... I don't usually recreate other settings? I sometimes steal landmarks though.

>Also I gotta ask, why would want to completely destroy a planet?
To get to the Delicious Candy Center, DUH!

Buy the starship and all it's modules from Dead Space or steal/reverse engineer the Ishimura.

What's the general power-level of Webmage? I'm getting an urban fantasy vibe, so not much more dangerous than reality or maybe Shadowrun,

I don't think that's happening. People would complain too much, and it's hard to say there's enough setting to work with.

No life and hometown, sadly.

You just said you could telekinetically destroy a planet with millenia of training, now you're saying it's impossible to go above EU feats. Which is it?

First, fuck that place, second if you can actually crack a planet apart with tk then it would likely be a lot faster than Dead Space's system, third it's more fun to add a personal touch to things.

>Anyway... I don't usually recreate other settings? I sometimes steal landmarks though.
How, are you a Shrink Ray guy, a Extra Dimensional Space attached to the Warehouse, what?

Taking Landmarks can be kind of hard if there is not a CP option to but them.

And for Mordor and Mount DOOM it would be easier to scan them for the schematics, buy Elemental Monarch of Fire in Adventure Time, and just make your own from scratch over the weekend.

As a bonus, Elemental Monarch would allow you to breath life into a Balrog!

Now you gave me a reason to not go "An actual ninja"

>captcha ruins and mountains aren't billboards

In Dragonlance, as the right hand to Chaos, I mainly just built a big fortress out of spare parts and blew up the surrounding countryside so we'd have a place to crash. The fortress was kindof hacked together, since I felt it would be playing against type if I planned out too much. So, really, I just welded, melted, and alchemized shit together or anything I could grab to make rooms. Threw some puzzles and doors in there to partition off random areas as needed. Called it a day.
Then I built a giant gun on top with a swivel base that could scorch the earth with incredibly powerful magitech laser beams. Called it my "Light of Judgement".

I might have been channeling something.

> why?
B̴̕è̀c̛a̸̢use҉ ͝f̶́͜u͢c͡ḱ̛ K̸͜en̵̸͘d̴̵e͟r̡͜.̧̕͞
Ţ͠͠h̷̡a͞͏͟t'̴̀s ͢w̡͡hy.̴̛

Excuse me for stupid questions, but:

1. How many SW jumps are there?
2. I remember there being imaged SW jumps. Are they invalid now?

Four: Auralnauts, Clone Wars, KotOR, Original Trilogy

The first is the most important though
youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU

Are there any good perks that let you summon Tyranosaurus Rexs? I was hoping I could do so with bard magic and ride in to battle on their back playing an electric guitar but their magic kind of sucks. So are there any other good mean of doing so?

>I remember there being imaged SW jumps
Are you sure you aren't thinking about Star Trek? Those are imaged.

How would a Shadowrun dragon react to a dnd dragon?
Should I just be very wary about letting my draconian inclined companions anywhere around a Shadowrun dragon? More than usual anyways.

EU feat limit since that was the original ruling. No one in canon ever destroyed a planet just by using telekinesis, the closet equivalent was when Palpatine used Force Storm to tear apart a planet's surface.

Four. KotOR, Clone Wars, Original Trilogy and Auralnauts
And Brutus is working on The Old Republic.

>I remember there being imaged SW jumps. Are they invalid now?
The only fully imaged jump is KotOR and it's definitely still valid. Why do you ask?

Summoning magic?

>How, are you a Shrink Ray guy, a Extra Dimensional Space attached to the Warehouse, what?
All of the above. I don't remember exactly where I got my shrink rays again, but I know I scaled them up from something. Anyway, my Extra Dimensional Space of choice is SCP-2400 for its infinite storage, most of the time.

Oh, and Preserve the Land from Secret of Mana is /really/ useful for my purposes. And is also the thing I used on Mount Doom specifically.

And yes, Fire Elemental Monarch would be easier. But I went Slime Elemental Monarch instead. It's funnier, and there are a whole lot more options for getting fire magic than there are options for slime magic in the chain.

Besides, it's more fun if you steal the real deal.

You should've /seen/ the look on Sauron's face... uh, Sauron's eye, I suppose?

The generic dungeon crawler has generic summoning; you could have your theme be dinosaurs.

Thank you.

Guess I was thinking about KOTOR.

Thank you as well!

>Why do you ask?
I felt like the SW jumps changed since I last looked at them, and decided to ask for advice just in case.

Thank you for the jumps!

Are Ravesabers functional Lightsabers?

>Are there any good perks that let you summon Tyranosaurus Rexs?
There is a jump that lets you capture Dinosaurr and keep them in a park/reserve attached to your warehouse (No, it is NOT Jurassic Park, unfortunately)

So take ALL THE DINOSAURS with you.
From there: Fairy Tail lets you bring stuff from your warehouse. So summon living ones into the world. And leave them there.

Kamen Rider lets you make Core Medals with a ritual. Since these dinosaure are alive, it even works correctly. Make a set, and become a Greeed, turn into your own dinosaur form.

Or MMPR to pull out robots from nowhere that combine into a giant mecha T-Rex.

Sometimes the planet itself is my enemy, not the people that live on it like lice.

Would becoming a Jedi in Auralnauts give you force powers?

This: Brethren Moons, Nasuverse Gaia, DC, Asura's Wrath, Hellstar Remina, etc. are all reasons I'd like to be able to have the capability to personally destroy a planet.

I don't personally mind your ruling, I'm just answering your question.

>Also I gotta ask, why would want to completely destroy a planet?

have you SEEN the fucking edgelords populating this place?

It would give you cocaine powers.

>Besides, it's more fun if you steal the real deal.
I can't argue with that.
Also doing an Oceans 13 on his Everything is fun all by itself. Like how the Nazgul are bound to their and his rings. So steal the rings, and summon them each jump so Your group of Nine each has a Nazgul bodyguard.

And the look Sauron has when he sees the crater where His Dark Throne USED to be.

Yeah, Slime Monarch is up there also. Especially if you rule that Like Overlord Slime, you do not HAVE to be slimy. Make stuff like the Alien Nests, and living cities that reconfigure as you wish.

>It would make you Snowflame
...I can live with that.

Can somebody post the most recent KOTOR jump? I can't download it from the drive.

Midicholrians are Heroin tho

So I was thinking of a stand, based on Flying Dutchman. Kinda like the Orangutan Forever's stand Strength, but instead of an ocean freighter it's a 18th century Galleon. Also it can fly, without any apparent propulsion.

Or should I instead go with Symphogear's Argonaut?

Will Jedi starfighters be available in the Clone Wars update?

go abyssal and get memories reborn in KANTAI COLLECTION,it does exactly what you want.

Not being here last thread, I just want to comment on a discussion I missed about divine magic in Anima; options in a jump for purchase should be scaled to other purchases of the same price and relative to other options of different prices. They should also be appropriate to the general power scale of the setting.

If divine magic is capable of so much more compared to the other options, it should just be removed just be from purchase with no explicit way to acquire it with just what the jump gives you, not nerfed and capped.

This isn't to say that it's too strong for jumpchain or to allow at all even at the highest levels, but that if the other options for purchase of the same price in the jump, and the setting's own capabilities necessarily don't match up either, then it is definitely imbalanced from an internal perspective.

Yes.

Awesome!

Thanks. I downloaded it and I am still having the same problems. I'll probably just do it in-browser.

Get the Little Doctor from Ender's Game. It disentegrates planets, you just have to have a way to sift the dust for the elements you want. Doesn't cause the elements themselves to break down, just all molecular bonds.

Didn't there used to be a Stand Creation Supplement?

The creator was chased off before she could finish it. Yes, it's against the rules for anyone else to make it.

>Didn't there used to be a Stand Creation Supplement?

What was wrong with it?

It never existed, period.

Ooooo~ ghoooost juuuuumps!

No captcha, salad is not trees

I don't like to bring it up, but this is like the fourth time she's brought it up the last two days. I had to give SOME answer to get her to stop.

>ghoooost

I was only asking because I thought I saw it in the drive. I've never seen an episode of Jojo or done the jump. I was just curious.

That works! Thanks Banchō.

>I've never seen an episode of Jojo
How have you not died from a lack of Jojo in your life?

Gundam Build Jumpers
What happens if I take the Mook Lover drawback and get the Protagonist Suit Rank? Does this mean my Zaku II is beefy despite being mass produced?

What specialty should I take for Alpha Tech in PS238 if my goal is to make power armor?

Woah, I never realized how much work this needs.
Like you did not give Drop-In ANY actual Perks, AT ALL their Discount on the Freighter requires a 300 CP Piloting Perk which is not discounted for them.

Which is bad design. It would be like paying CP for the bike in Pokemon, and not being able to use it because you did not pay CP for "Can Ride a Bike"

If you buy a vehicle, it is part of your backstory, and presumably you learned to operate with basic in your Backgrounds Past. That is why you were even charged for then in the beginning, because they were supposed to give applicable skills.

And the Mandalorians do not have discounts for the Mandalorian Ropper or Mandalorian Heavy Blaster.

Why are you working on other Jumps instead of making this one playable by a Drop In, and addressing its other problems?

Fuck off powerwanker.

That is why he is reworking both KOTOR and Clone Wars to be more like his much better OT jump.

>What specialty should I take for Alpha Tech in PS238 if my goal is to make power armor?
Power Armor specialty would be obvious.

Or miniaturization and efficiency

Or Prosthetics and aids.

You riced up your Zaku.

I've only just now started watching it. I really regret not doing so earlier.

Robotics? Power armor is literally just a robot you wear.

Aw, c'mon. What could be so bad about halflings?

>Fuck off powerwanker.
You know, we made it through the entire last thread without you showing up George. It was nice.

You really don't need to point this stuff out, it's been completely fine for the past two years and while I do plan to get rid of the requirements and add or change a few things I don't think there's any dire need for an update. Plus I'm kinda dealing with some stuff IRL, so if you could just wait a little bit that'd be great.

I still find it hilarious how OT turned out to be the best jump despite the fact I like that era the least. I don't hate it, I just kinda enjoy KotOR and Clone Wars more.

Kender are the halflings' retarded kleptomaniac cousins.

I'm listening...

>implying
I'm always here.

Yeah, I'm happy with that. Zaku II turned Efreet Custom with a 75 mm Gatling Shield is a go.

Sigh, pic related.

And that's any different from the average Jumper how?

>"no, jumper! you are the trolls!"
>and then jumper was a kender.

Jumpers, tell me about the time you had faith in someone and they let you down.

Exactly, they are an entire race based on the jumper stereotype. How they aren't extinct is a miracle, jumpers need vast amounts of power to get away with that shit.

>Sith sorcery, Sith alchemy and Dathomirian sorcery can be learned and will function in other jumps.

Huh wasn't the opposite of that in this last time? When did that change?

I'm sure I mourned the loss of my spooky Sith sorcery at one point.

Myself, basically every day.

What perks make you good at integrating magic, or psionics, or spiritual abilities, into martial combat?

I just decided to allow it because I was tired of people whining about the restriction.

I think Mushoku Tensei has something for that.

That exact perk is available in X-Men.

Lone Wolf has a perk for that.

They're not extinct because they're seen as terribly cute. So it triggers the parental instinct in the big folk.

There's actually half-kender, who inherit their Kender parents curiosity but their human parents conciousness. They also "borrow" stuff, but will be more likely to return it.

What card is that even supposed to be
Why does it exist

Author fiat of course.
If you ever jump Dragonlance do the world a favor and wipe them out.

Haven't play Hearthstone since Nax, but presumably getting rid of debuffs or taunt.

I thought that they were alive because the most powerful dragon in the setting was killing anything that threatened them.

WHY WOULD YOU GET RID OF TAUNT ON YOUR OWN MINION. IT ONLY TARGETS YOUR OWN MINIONS, WHAT A WASTE OF TWO MANA

It is supposed to get rid of the negative effects some high stat low cost minions have by default to compensate for how cheap they are.

Ancient Watcher is a 4/5 for two (iirc) that can't attack, so silence fixes that. It has applications, but no one is claiming its good. Especially since Silence is a one mana card.

I guess.

Speaking about vidya, what are some vidya mechanics that you can use via perks anyways? Webm very related at this rate

> Speaking about vidya, what are some vidya mechanics that you can use via perks anyways?
In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, you can utilize Speech Balloons to highlight certain words.
Or even change your font.
With some practice, you could probably even do the zalgo thing on it.

Well, I thought it was cool.

This.
this is going to be fun to make the drop in for part 3

That is cool and thank you for sharing this with me. I will use it well with leaning on the fourth wall from neptunia to finally achieve deadpool levels of meta.

You just thanked Bancho.

Bancho's being helpful was actually good help.

The world is coming to an end.

So here's a question to KH jump makers:

Wouldn't the best way to handle alternate races is to, perhaps, just have the General Perks be human discounted perks since they are undiscounted? This would let one choose a Nobody/Heartless as a race but also a background, while also making sure that those who stayed human can enjoy stuff.

But otherwise I'd say a higher CP Drawback limit?