I challenge MtG players to build a Yugioh deck because why not

I challenge MtG players to build a Yugioh deck because why not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cp4fxe75810
youtu.be/LCCNMN34V8k
reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2549fn/eli5_how_can_disney_own_snow_white/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its so silly how much space they devote to the art, at the expense of the legibility of the text, when the art isn't even good by any metrics.

Like why

But I already have, I've made a Fluffal and Shiranui Zombies deck.

They could make a better text box and art box, but the layout is just a mess overall. The borders are super thick, the arrangement of the text box and credits leaves a lot of empty space, and the whole design reeks of the 90s boner for floating in negative space.

I haven't played in about a decade, so I'd probably make something retarded with some older cards. Probably some janky Exodia deck or around something cheesy like pic related.

>because why not

Oh, there are soooo very many reasons.

You know how they say MTG players are the ones who sperg out the most? I have to disagree. Yugioh games get fucking intense, and the spaghetti is always flowing.

Haven't played in a couple years, went through my collection just now. Through the following together...

>2x Fabled Gallabas
>3x Fabled Grimro
>3x Fabled Kushano
>2x Fabled Lurrie
>2x Honest
>1x The Fabled Catsith
>2x The Fabled Cerburrel
>2x The Fabled Chawa
>3x The Fabled Ganashia
>2x The Fabled Nozoochee
>2x The Tricky

>2x Dark World Dealings
>2x Dark World Lightning
>1x Giant Trunade
>1x Lightning Vortex
>3x Pot of Avarice

>3x Beckoning Light
>2x Bottomless Trap Hole
>2x Dark Bribe
>2x Dimentional Prison

>1x Ancient Fairy Dragon
>1x Black Rose Dragon
>1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
>1x Colossal FIghter
>1x Formula Synchron
>1x Goyo Guardian
>1x Red Dragon Archfiend
>1x Stardust Dragon
>3x The fabled Unicore

Obviously needs refinement

Back when I played yugioh I played a really janky spellcaster beatdown deck with breaker, crusader of endymion, summoner monk and secret village of the spellcasters. The deck was sweet, but I rarely won.

Working on an insect imitation inzektor deck with Paleozoics. Not all of the Paleozoics are out in the TCG yet, so it is currently only in online simulators, but when they do come out you better believe I'm running that deck,

I played the GBA game once. I built some kind of broken deck that could cheat out like 4000/4000 fusion monsters on turn 1.

are you me mate? last time i played was when fabled and karakuri were good.

The last YGO deck I played was with Yata-Garasu when it was still legal.

Now, I'd probably build a Relinquished deck because I always liked this guy.

Before I quit yugioh, the last deck I played used rock-type monsters. All I can remember is:
Gran Mole
Jujitsu Master
Gonogo
Megarock Dragon
That koaki meiru statue that negates monster effects
Earth barrier statue

I couldn't afford the dinosaur skeleton that stops special summoning
The deck was meant to bounce opponent's monsters and stop fancy effects or special summons.

Looking back on it I'm not sure how you can play control in yugioh. Decks nowadays seem to be about shitting out as many special summons as you can, like a weird fusion of aggro and combo.

Psy-frames are the closest Yugioh has to control.

That's what I love and hate about the game. I enjoy both of those play styles, but it basically means every match is a high-speed arms race. It gets boring.

>I don't like the artstyle therefore it is bad

I had an insect deck once.
It was fun.

Fuck all this bullshit.

>Yu-Gi-Oh has an artstyle
Nigga there is no cohesive singular art style in all Yu-Gi-Oh.
At least most Magic card artists try to keep to a semi-cohesive style set, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh is all over the place with western comic styles, anime styles, moe styles, realistic styles, futuristic styles, etc all mixed together.

>this is a single turn in modern Yu-Gi-Oh
welljustfuckingkillme.png

pic unrelated, but neat

Also, a couple more neat ones
youtu.be/cp4fxe75810
youtu.be/LCCNMN34V8k

What was the last set to come out before this synchro/xyz/whatever the fuck else happened came out?

I might pick up a game that leads up to that point and play for old times sake.

Add this to your zombies. There's literally no reason to play them without it. Then add brilliant fusion for infinite consistency.

They couldn't name it Snow White and had to change the dress colors because they were afraid of Disney.

It's not. That's just Synchro Spam. It dies to disruption and going second. The Majespecter player could have stopped all that if he ran other hand traps like Ghost Ogre or Effect Veiler.

In Japanese it was shirayuki which translates to snow white. For some reason they made the stylistic choice to name it snow in English.

reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2549fn/eli5_how_can_disney_own_snow_white/

Huh. The more you know.
Also you seem at least decent at ygo. Want to go over my shiranui/snow list?

I'm shit at Yugioh. You'd have better luck over at Veeky Forums. I don't know what the Yugioh general is called anymore. It should be dng or ypg.

Thank. I didn't know that existed.

>decide to build a yugioh deck because I used to play competitively before switching to mtg
>"Maybe I'll build lucksworns, they can't be that bad, right?"
>bullshit pendulum summons that cancel the effect of certain creatures among 12 different other abilities
>"Well, that sucks, maybe I'll run Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem, I bet that's trouble to deal with."
>everyone pops a pendulum summon or a syncro summon t1, my deck would be horribly slow
>"Uhhh... I guess that leaves Monarchs?"
>Monarchs are still fine, but I have to buy an entirely new deck to get the relevant support I need
Fuck that, this is why I don't play standard/modern. I don't want to have to buy new cards just because the parent company decides to shit out overpowered bullshit every set.

ghostricks have a lock down strategy

>bullshit pendulum summons that cancel the effect of certain creatures among 12 different other abilities
I'd love to know what card does this, because you're not the first one to say this.

also pendulums are piss easy to stop just negate the pendulum summon,

Sorry, I was mistaken. The XYZ's are the ones with counter this, banish that, no ability from the other.

Also, just negate it is exactly the same as the dies to removal meme in mtg threads, because we know better.

except with a pendulum summon negating it sends every monster summoned by it to the graveyard. and its even better if it bottomless trap hole that did it because then they are banished, its not a meme its the intentional weakness designed into pendulum summoning

How the fucking fuck do you read this shit fuck fuck? What the fuck am I gonna do with the picture and fucking apple user agreement-sized text? Do I click Accept somewhere? what the fuck is this

memorize you deck like every other english speaking player

That's not even a "real" deck. Its just one someone built to do cool combos and give people
I feel like this is confusing "art style" and "mood". Magic tries hard to keep a consistent "mood" but is a lot looser about a consistent art style, even nowadays with the significant amount of homogenization. Yugioh has neither but it isn't necessarily a bad thing either, as you can appeal to a broader range of people when your mood isn't young adult fantasy all the time

>That's not even a "real" deck. Its just one someone built to do cool combos and give people
And give people the impression you just got. It probably took them like 9 duels before they got a perfect hand AND went first AND the opponent had no hand traps to stop them. Don't know how all that got cut out

39 pot of greed
1 zone eater

sidedeck: chimeratech fortress dragon

thats against the rules, isn't it?

fuck the rules i have money

>I'd love to know what card does this, because you're not the first one to say this.
Not pendulum, but boom.

He died because throwing Maxx C against modern synchro spam has a 50% chance of getting you killed.

Nah, that's stunshit like HAT, Ggia, Nutellas, ABCs and the like, Frames are just cancer.

Er, yeah. Most people think fo traditional control as "cancer". So that's stil lthe case. The other ones are more like aggro control/tempo decks, where you run out a threat and then back it with control.

You give up because you're dumber than a 10-year old, seriously, the kids at my locals would stomp you guys in the mud and they play with jank.

The only reason why he went balls to the wall is because the other guy played Maxx C.
You never, EVER overextend unless you're confidant you can force him to draw 35 cards.

The Maxx C challenge is always fun.

>40 card decks
>no relevant resources required to play cards
>tutors literally everywhere
>insane focus on flavor of the month tribal
Yup, nice game you've got there user.

>not playing 60 card jank now that pot of stupidity is a thing

What an absolute joke of a game. How do Yugioh players justify this? At least MTG a non-broken pace

Because that's not how the real game works at all? All you're seeing is a guy winning the Maxx C challenge which happens once every blue moon.

och god my eyes, why is the fucking text so small, wtf are thouse stars, wtf is that thing in the upper right courner

Do you think people should judge MTG by a vintage deck opening a bunch of moxes and comboing off turn 1 or 2? No, so why would anyone judge Yugioh based on that?

This game is original Japanese which needs a lot less characters to convey information. The text box is fine in Japanese, bad in English and horrendous in German.

Monsterless Chain Burn, because Swords of Blazing Light is hilarious.

Skull servant turbo beatdown

In true MTG fashion I decided to net deck an Exodia deck that kills turn 1 or 2.

>This game is original Japanese which needs a lot less characters to convey information
It's probably more like they just use a lot less characters and that's about it. The japanese text is notoriously unclear. People tihnk the TCG is bad but it was actually the first take steps towards clarity. OCG has taken its own, different steps but not as drastic as PSCT.

>Exodia
>with Upstart and Chicken Race at 1 and 0 respectively
Good fucking luck.

i don't think anyone is going to argue that yugioh isn't a shitty game that you could play with a flowchart from your ass