How Do Space Marine Fit In Terminators?

Has it ever been explained or shown how the fuck a marine can fit into terminator armor, without needing major surgery to change the structure of his bones?

Same way the pauldrons work

Shut the fuck up, it's tiny figures for you to roll dice at

Nigga can't even turn his head. Fuck terminator armor, I'd stick to the regular shit

Also not how the best Primarchs (Russ etc) shunned termie armor

Vision isn't a problem with Terminator armor- it has cameras and other sensors including echolocation that basically give you a three dimensional map of the entire area, along with a full view of vision including your back IIRC. It's so much information it can cause marines to lose focus and even make them fall over. Like if you suddenly grew ten eyes over your body.

Are there any chapters that are composed of almost entirely Terminators?

No because that would be retarted and limit tactical flexibility more than following the codex astartes

Terminator armor is a seperate sort of armor from the regular ones they wear. They still use the "undersuit" as it was since it connects to the various nodes on their body but the terminator armor is far bulkier obviously and comes with it's own servo actuators and electro fiber bundles to help augment it's strength and allow the marine to walk inside of it.

They're not going to be sprinting like a marine in regular armor but then you don't need to when your mowing down dudes with your assualt cannon on one arm and your power claws on the other (or sword or thunder hammer or whater tickles your murder boner)

>Terminator armor is a seperate sort of armor from the regular ones they wear. They still use the "undersuit" as it was since it connects to the various nodes on their body but the terminator armor is far bulkier obviously and comes with it's own servo actuators and electro fiber bundles to help augment it's strength and allow the marine to walk inside of it.

Has anyone ever said so much yet meant so little?

Rule of cool, my man.

>Read 40K lore
>Terminators are clunky and slow. Marines gives up a lot of speed of mobility

okay lets see them in fighting conditions

>a Necron Lord grabs a terminator and crushes the marine like tincan and throws him away
>Genestealer claws tear through terminator armor like a hot knife through butter

What's the point of Terminator? Added handicap?

Used to be the Iron Hands.

Old lore had them handing out terminator suits to veteran sergeants in charge of tactical squads. Then for some reason the most mechanized chapter got retconned into being the exact opposite and they apparently have fuck all terminator suits anymore.

Terminator Armour has the opposite equivalent of plot armour

Terminators are the big tough cunts that get jobbed to make an opponent seem more threatening

Isn't Terminator armour a glorified reactor maintenance suit from the Dark Age of Technology?

Don't forget this.

>When fighting against the humans attempting raids in the Perdus Rift, a lone Sniper Drone Team claimed an entire Terminator squad - each member shot directly through the armoured eye lenses of their helmets.

-Tau codex (Sniper Drone entry)

Old lore had them giving Terminator armour to Sergeants just because they didn't have enough to form squads of Terminators.

Almost all their Terminator armour got lost when all their veterans died with Ferrus on Isstvan.

>666668
Nice.

Terminator armor is exceptionally durable, it's just Terminators for some reason often end up fighting guys who can cut through any armor like it isn't even there.

Worf effect?

That shit was 10,000 years ago, they couldn't buy, make or bum more off of Mars?

GW has no sense of scale. Terminator isn't lost, new parts are made to repair them, and new suits are still made. It's really all a mess.

Youd think. The Index Astartes says that while new suits are made, it's a slow process and supply will never meet demand.

But you would think they would pull some first founding strings

they become big guys and fit inside, thus becoming able to crash space hulks full of genestealers with no survivors

Was shitposting part of your plan?

Terminator armor is to space marines what the Avatar of Khaine is to Eldar.

Do you think it's possible for someone with human proportions to wear power armour? Look at the upper armour and the sides of the torso. Unless your shoulders protrude grotesquely from your body you aren't wearing that shit.

The proportions aren't that bad in power armor, your arms don't sit fully inside the pauldrons, but sorta slide out. It's an optical illusion.

But termiantor armor? I've got fuckin nothing.

Yes it is, inquisitors commonly wear power armour or terminator armour. They arent as effective as they havent got the black carapace but they just fill the space with extra fibre bundles or servos

Yes. They just have to get power armor sized for humans.

What type of armor did the Primarchs predominately wear?

Artificer, really the Imperium should learn how to mass produce that shit.

I like to think the people writing the fluff were traumatized by the old terminators.

>Where did the powerfist touch you, Timmy?

the ranged weapons, more like

>terminators can rapid fire their storm bolters
>storm bolters are sustained fire-1, for a potential of eight shots per guy
>assault cannons were S8 and sustained fire-3, for a potential ten shots

At an effective BS6.

You might as well ask how ten marines fit in a Rhino. These models are not precise scale miniatures.

That's because tau low is ridiculous sometimes

It's not about the scale, just the whole thing is fucked. You can fit a human into marine power armor, but you can't even fit a marine in power armor without breaking a couple bones.

It's the arms. With power armor at least the arms come out of the torso at the proper way. Terminator armor has them looking like they have dislocated shoulders

Meant lore not low. Phonepoasting

>ridiculous
I mean they killed Slaanesh.
It's better if you treat all codex fluff as propaganda of their respective side.

All custom made for them. Different styles, some bulkier than others (See: Horus, Mortarion). A more slim fitness kind of armor for Fulgrim and I believe also Sang. Magnus armor has always looked pretty strange, then again, being strange was his thing. Alpharius and Omegon wore armor that looked mostly similar to that of his Marines. So there isn't really a rule for them.

Their black carapace lets them control robot arms with the same dexterity as human arms, like on those goofy Space Marine inside Space Marine armors they came out with a while back.

Well that's obviously not them literally killing a chaos God. That's just them killing a greater daemon of some sort. And the guy is just calling him slaanesh because that's who the enemy said they served

>Who the hell do you think I am!?

Underrated post.

They cut off their arms and maybe legs. If you go termie, you never go back normie.

My guess, probably just a member of some "Emperor's Children" warband. As for calling himself Slaanesh, that's just pure misinterpretation on the Tau's part.

Especially since the Iron Hands should have a pretty great rep with the Mechanicus.

Every suit of Artificer armor is unique, that's the point - no mass production.

I think this is relevant

Why do people always put the operator arms so high in the terminator suit? Can't they see that the arms connect much lower into the body and all that pad over it is not housing the shoulder?

Maybe that terminator is shrugging.

>[citation needed]

The models literally have little sensor clusters on them.

Terminator thread? Terminator thread.

The Black Templars are alright dudes.

Tartaros pattern is probably the best termie pattern since you can run in this termie armor. Hear that boys? You're not a can of tuna now.

The real issue with both suits of armor is that dogshit barrel chested tu e of a breastplate that leaves the abdomen, and cabling in some marks of astartes armor, COMPLETELY exposed compared to the upper torso and other areas.

This is, among other reasons, why mk 3 and 4 are the best.

And even then power armor has inferior coverage because they generally lack tassets or faulds of any kind.

Behold the face of arrogance

That's just Horus corrupted by the Warp.

Old Cataphractii had huge topknots.

The 3rd book of the Legacy of Caliban is the only one I read that dealth with Terminator armor in details and the training of marines to use it.

Apparently it always feel likr you're going to start sprinting because of the forward position, and there are a few moments where the marine is being carried away by the armor and crashes into a wall or something because he doesn't know how to stop.

You mean Saturnine Pattern is best

that's why mk8 is the best, you mean

Man, the Heresy termie armour does nothing for me. Bulldog 4 life.

Tabletop wargames require ABSTRACTION.

bulldog brother

I hope to the high heavens that they will come in plastic in the next box set.

The extra dakka is nice and all.
I have nothing against it, but I've seen it too much like mk7 and then I discovered 30k. I don't want to go back to the Dark Millennium.

...although is also great. Is Forge World ever going to get round to it?

Somewhere around maybe to who knows.

Because the arms are that high on the model and in the drawings.

I'm more concerned about their necks.

Exposed abdomen, torso plate still a huge solid mass that's too wide, no tassets or faulds. Admittedly they all have that problem.

Mk 8 'gorget' is actually worse, but an actual gorget wouldn't be so awful. I don't demand 100% realism, that would rujn the clunky V shape heroic silhouette they have, but taking a few cues from actual armor anatomy would be a boon to their designs.

Are they? Or do people just assume the arms come from the middle of the massive shoulder pads, instead at the bottom?

Either their torsos and shoulders are freakishly wide, even for astartes, or they're mechanical arms.

Terminator anatomy has always been dodgy.

>Exposed abdomen

MkVIII specifically puts more protection on the abdomen.

>torso plate still a huge solid mass that's too wide

No different from any other mark.

>no tassets or faulds. Admittedly they all have that problem.

So why pick on the MkVIII? Also, pic related.

>Mk 8 'gorget' is actually worse

Than?

>but an actual gorget wouldn't be so awful.

Also wouldn't protect bullets from ricocheting under your helmet, which is why the thing was put on the MkVIII in the first place.

"a Tau's part"

It was one guy.

>I'm more concerned about their necks.

Their all orks.

Mk 3 and 4 cover the abdomen mostly with a single piece (ideally it'd be layered .)

The gorget is high but also really restrictive, I admit that's more an issue with them keeping Aquila style helmets on it, also it wraps around but from the back and sides I'd say they don't need as much coverage as the pauldrons and backpack do that innately.

Also, sources say the added gorget on ml 8 was because earlier ones were a 'grenade trap' or shrapnel, not so much bullets but the same problem yes.

I forgot mk 8 had tassets, I apologize for not checking that sooner.

Ideally I'd like a hybrid of various marks but >muh tech heresy

I should add, I'd like to see traitor style gauntlets. Earlier marks have plates going over the wrist and back of the hand that arw atravged to the overall forearm segement ehich, while looking cool, can be a pain in the ass that gets in the way.

its because the tau drones were folded over 1000 times

>Mk 3 and 4 cover the abdomen mostly with a single piece

Which makes it much less maneuverable. Also, nothing really stops other marks from using similar plate. MkV, for example, is noted for sometimes having an additional plate on the torso for extra protection.

>it wraps around but from the back and sides

Not really. If you look at, say, the torso that comes in the tactical box, it has openings on the sides. The back of the gorget is just the normal SM torso raised neck protector.

>Aquila style helmets

MkVIII has its own helmet.

>'grenade trap'

High velocity projectiles, shrapnel or bullet. The helmet can't really armour its underside, because your head must fit into it, so the bottom is a weak point.

Also, it's not like the MkVIII is the only SM armour to have a gorget. Look at, say, Word Bearers Ashen Circle, who also have gorgets on their MkII(?) suits.

Sternguard kit comes with some such arms and the DA ravenwing kit, I believe, exclusively has those types of gauntles.

he literally won't be able to bend his arms down once the armor goes on his upper arm. In fact I'm not even sure he can do it now.

Do terminators fight by holding their power fists out and spinning really fast?

>Which makes it much less maneuverable

Not any less maneuverable than a real life breastplate, mk 3 torso ends befire where youd bend at, mk 4 goes a bit past it a bit abd would be your actual trouble maker as it would impede bending down or over somewhat.

>Not any less maneuverable than a real life breastplate

But less maneuverable than the other marks that don't have a bit solid plate over your torso.

Terminator armor is actually larger, in fluff, than power armor. Anything that is above the head is just that: above your head. You're not having to haunch over while wearing it.

Lift with your legs brother.

>Magnus armor has always looked pretty strange, then again, being strange was his thing.

If I remember right there was a blurb in old lore that Magnus was so fuckhuge the Mechanicus actually couldn't make power armor for a dude that size. (Presumably the energy requirements would have mandated making something more like a dreadnought or small knight rather than a set of armor or something.) As a result Magnus just wore a big-ass breastplate and left his arms bare.

That blurb's been quietly dropped but since Magnus already had a visual design by then, nobody's ever bothered to change it.

What's with all the Viper posts lately?

In the new lore the hardest part would probably be looking directly at Magnus while taking measurements.

I suppose they would have to get another Primarch or the Emperor to do it for them.

Oh hey I made that shitty edit
>feelsgoodman.png

I tried to draw a suit of termy armour that looks like someone could actually fit in it while keeping the overall aesthetic of the original.

Administratum Pattern, otherwise known as Skinnyfat Pattern.

Why can't GW sculptors get basic shit like anatomy and scale right? They can make cool bling for days but if you want them to just make a person they go DRRRR