Not using diceless systems

>Not using diceless systems
>In 2016
ITT: we trigger Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nigger bluffing with finger-guns getting shot by a cop.webm

When a cop has his gun pulled and is telling you to get on the ground, get on the fucking ground.

That kid was retarded.

Anima is basically the best fantasy system with a deep and rich gameplay, customization and lore.

But I like diceless systems

I think that being diceless isn't always a bad thing.

Abstract range > battle maps

Plate armor was literally useless and the only reason why it was worn by knights was to show off their wealth and status over common men. While it might protect you from a glancing sword strike, it was utterly useless against bows and crossbows, did nothing to protect you from blunt weapons, and all came at the cost at severely hampering your motion from wearing 120 pounds of iron armor. It was so heavy that the only way knights could even fight was on horseback, and a knight knocked on his back is as helpless as a turtle. Knights also couldn't see anything at all with their helmets on, hence most of their fighting consisting of crude bashing as two men smacked each other with a sword until they cut through the armor and killed their opponent.

But this is true

If you want to use a grid or measure movement, play a miniatures game

This, plus swords weighed in excess of forty pounds. Except for katanas, which could easily bisect a man in full plate.

I like playing games with my favorite system and teaching new players.

I've played with girls and fags more than straight men.

A GM is just there to react to the players. Planning ahead of time or trying to create a story is simply a waste of their time.

Fuck you, you are everything wrong with this hobby

All you Monstergirl fetishists are just furries in denial.

5e and Dungeon World. One is better than the other.

Character Sheet Genders.

>>Not using diceless systems

I want to gather up all of the special snowflakes, and "That Guy" roleplayers in my area, and put them all in an Amber Diceless game, in "Game of Thrones" mode, record the resulting glorious chaotic festival of backstabbing and douchebaggery, and post it somewhere for posterity.

Sadly, I don't have the time, or three other selves that would be needed to keep that epic mess coordinated.

>I activate my everything-proof shield!
Nuh-uh! I use my attack that pierces everything-proof shields!

Not how Amber Diceless works.

elves > dwarves

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shota and loli kender vampire eldritch knights

Those are all correct, though. Monstergirl fetishists are actually worse because they are blinded of their degeneracy.

>All you Monstergirl fetishists are just furries in denial.
Guilty as charged.

But totally how Exalted works!!
(I don't care what anyone says, that is clearly a diceless system.)

I want to say you can't trigger Veeky Forums, but tumblr-tier opinions are slowly becoming acceptable here.

I need a for example

For the mtg part of tg I guess

When did Woolie become a Magic card?

... I need to find more black weebs with hair.

Man I'm the armorfag who made that post and I a burning desire to correct something I made.

Woolie would make a pretty legit planewsalker. He could start as green and steal parts of the color pie from enemy planeswalkers and gain benefits or some wacky bullshit like that.

pls rate in A>B>C>D order

dice
diceless
cards
a piece of shit

If you want to use gridless play freeform rp instead of using a system.

I mean, correct

kinda correct, longbows weren't the most reliable things in the world versus armor but since they were always on horseback, it didn't matter

i literally have no problems with this character

dice>cards=diceless
a hybrid dice/card system could be interesting if you set up the cards to offer results a die roll couldn't, but just 1:1 subbing in playing cards for dice doesn't really do anything except a nugget of useless novelty

Nobody on Veeky Forums has meaningful relationships in real life.
Whenever I join an RPG group, I expect to have the final word on everything, even if I'm not the DM, because I'm obviously the smartest person playing.
I expect females at the table to have sex with me. For that matter, I also expect the men to let me fuck them. If I decide a campaign should appeal to my fetishes, it should do so immediately.
Pathfinder is nearly the most well-designed game in RPG history, except that Fighters are STILL overpowered. After all, plate armor was useless in real battles and magic always trumps mundane.
That said, I have a 500 - page campaign setting and rulebook for my own perfectly balanced game in a setting that ignores that faggot Tolkien and dumbass Prachett. The main species in the setting is a group of pansexual loli futa cat girls. They are always Chaotic Good, have a +30 racial Charisma bonus (the only stat used for spellcasting) and automatically have 2 feats, 5 levels in Ladyknight, and proficiency in boobplate. None of those levels count against XP, and they gain said XP 50% quicker than any other race. Killing one of them automatically makes the killer a level 1 commoner with all stats and skills at 0, causing them to die instantly.
Speaking of which, when characters die in my games, I take the character sheet and add it to my collection, which I keep in a binder and brag about at every convention about how much of a killer DM I am.
There are 50 different stats in my game, 245 skills, and three pages of required backstory for every character. I expect all of them to be filled out whether I tell you what we'll be playing or not.
After you write down something on your character sheet, you can't change it back.
(Cont)

If (you) want to post your retarded, uneducated opinion go back to >>>/reddit/

Hello.

I really can't tell if this is an ironic attempt to trigger Veeky Forums or if you actually got triggered in a joke thread about triggering.

Are you implying this isn't true?

I mean, it's not
Lazy GM type shit is possible, and really good for people who don't have a ton of time on their hands, but it's not the only, or the best, way to run a game

The setting is obviously steampunk, the best kind of setting. The main enemies are white male humans that act and look exactly like my non-biological father.
Elves are either slaves or butchered on the side of the street for food, and orcs are all male and always Chaotic Neutral.
I don't give a shit if you're uncomfortable or hate my DMing style, and will call you a bigot at every opportunity, abusing buzzwords to try and make people think you're oppressing me and making both people with autism and LGBT people get angry at me for using them as shields to do whatever I want.
Every action you take in my system requires five rolls of a d34, and I expect you to remain silent as I search through the tables for your result, which more often than not involves your character dying unless I cheat or like you.
I always have a DMPC named Chad who is perfect in every way, just like me.
Also, you pay for all of the pizza (anchovies, jalapenos, and pineapple with barbeque sauce ONLY), host the game at your house, and also provide Mountain Dew. You should feel hinged I'm even DMing for you.
I don't use coasters.
Finally, Virtualoptim is the only member of the Veeky Forums community I consider even approaches my intelligence.
For more of my DMing advice and lifehacks, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Thanks. ; -)

I'm going to Hell for this, aren't I?

Stealing the color pie made my night. Thanks user.

Forgot to mention my Patreon, obviously. I need that book of mine published, and if we raise enough money on Kickstarter, I can get it illustrated by Allen Nunis!!!
XD

That was physically painful to read. Bravo.

Meta-currency (fate points, bennies, etc.) are an absolutely necessary requirement before an RPG can be considered "good."

Fun is subjective.

>not having a motherfucking SLOT MACHINE next to you that you one-arm bandit to determine success

Plebs please.

>trigger Veeky Forums

k

I held out until the smiley at the end.

This would legitimately be great.

>120lbs

Despite all the reasons it shouldn't, it kind of looks like he's taking a bath in that boat

the kind of armor that was vulnerable to bows of any kind weighed much less then that

120lb sounds like jousting armor, noone fought wars in that.

plus I thought it was widely disproven that getting back up was impossible in a suit of plate
youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg

>denial

Nice try kiddo

>If you are opposed to loss of player agency such as bbeg mind-controlling your PC, you are self-inserting and autistic

This is a saterical thread ffs

Is Veeky Forums supposed to hate meta-currency? Almost all of the most popular RPGs right now have it.

one part reactionary nerds one part crappy GMs forcing metacurrency into systems not designed for it.

I'm not trying to argue, so much as I'm just wondering what exactly makes a game not designed for meta-currency to you? I feel like most games I've played have at least some of it. The only one I can think of that really doesn't have one is 3.5, but even for that there were luck feats and things like that

What do you mean by abstract range? You mean like expressing everything in feet and metres rather than using a grid map?

Games without meta, obviously. Aka the way you're SUPPOSED to roleplay

Theatre of the Mind. Aka GM fiat

>(anchovies, jalapenos, and pineapple with barbeque sauce ONLY)

A piece of shit>dice>cards>diceless

dragonborn are ok

I thought this was a widely aknowledged truth.

>triggered

Was halfway through writing a rebuff.

SJW pandering and the shaming of those who won't play along to the delusions of trans-genders/

Yo, the crowd attracted to games of whimsy and awe is not very conservative in the first place. Maybe its you that never really got to know people who plays or talked to them for realsies?

Or better yet, ask yourself why you think that
A person who spend his free time willingly pondering biomes whose evolutionary pressures give birth to fairys and goblins, is in your mind not somewhat progressive or liberal.
A person who thinks very seriously about the economics of rearing gryphons vs dragones does not have the inclination to worry about what people do in their intimate lives.

Ps: dragonnes are more feasible, fuck'yall

I didn't know Donald Trump was a GM.

More an unholy amalgamation of John Wick, Byron Hall and Virtualoptim.

>implying he won't make roleplaying great again

Hi, /pol/

3.5 post eberron had action points and classes dedicated to them

From what I've seen, part of the issue is differing concepts of what makes a meta-currency. I mean, the common version of it I see people dislike is the kind that lets players edit the scene or otherwise change aspects of the game other than themselves. However, something like your example of luck feats - something that just lets you do something like reroll something or do another action or something mechanical like that - doesn't really get as much hate.

I figure it's the whole narrative-adjusting aspect of some metacurrencies that some people dislike, while ones where it's all mechanics aren't disliked as much. At least, that's what I've gotten from seeing this discussed every so often.

>A>B>C>D
a piece of shit > cards > dice > diceless

nice """""example"""""

I joined an Amber Diceless game once because I wanted to team up with strange friends and have fantastic adventures.

Fudging dice is okay, and I think more GMs should do it. It sucks losing a PC to something really stupid and messing up the group dynamic and story.

Personally, I think a GM should never fudge the dice, because then he becomes personally responsible for stuff like PC deaths from there on out. If he acted to save one PC, then he has to act to save every other PC from then on, or he's playing favorites. That sucks.
If you feel like you have to fudge the dice, then you should be changing rules instead. Replace "death at 0 HP" (assuming D&D because loludead is a staple of that game) with something less lethal if that's what you want at your table. Fudging the dice rolls doesn't fix the problem that you want the tale of the big damn heroes and the system wants to kill characters off suddenly and with little warning.

3.x is legos. 5e is megablox. 4e is combining mecha.

3.x is legos, but some asshole keeps trying to throw them on the floor where you're walking and you have to constantly wrestle with him to escape the pain.

We use a homebrew system where you have to roll a d20 for basically everything you do, and everything can critically succeed/fail. Does that count.

the jews are bad news

>Dice
>Cards
>A piece of shit
>A truck full of shit
>Diceless

95% of the people who hate on diceless rpgs have never actually played one and think it's the same as freeform.

le sexy kobold meme is complete scale faggotry, do not associate it with the monstergirl master race.

>le faggotry is complete faggotry, do not associate it with the other faggotry

>monstergirls
>litterally just humans with extra ears or a tuft of fur
You're as to true xenophiles as an appletini is to vodka.

Sorry I just posted best waifu I could think of, heres a more monstery one for ya.

>human face

>I believe that bards are an important part of any adventuring party.

>I let my players play lawful evil paladins I call them dark paladins.

>If you roll a 1 it's always a critical failure that ends badly for you.

>I think space Marines are actually decently balanced.

>Orks need a buff. Their too weak right now.

>I prefer age of sigmar over WHFB, it's more fun.

>Should I play warmachine or hordes, which game is more fun?

For long range? I completely agree.

>This, plus swords weighed in excess of forty pounds. Except for katanas, which could easily bisect a man in full plate.

Okay user you win, I was just triggered.

This is half true. Trying to plan a story is a waste of time. Planning ahead is not a waste of time.

My advice is always to start with a boring-ass adventure hoko then see where it goes from tehre.

>Finally, Virtualoptim is the only member of the Veeky Forums community I consider even approaches my intelligence.

Thanks bro

No, it's completely autism. Metacurrency are used to patch up bad system design. If one roll could fuck you up, maybe you should not have put yourself in that situation.

Stop pretending to be me.

Wait hold up...

What do you mean cards?

Like a deck of playing cards?

For what game? D&d just replace dice with cards?
D20?
GURPS?

How does it work?

>scaly

Nah 5e is duplos glued together and you get to pick one glued together mess of duplos. They are very pretty duplos though.

3.5 is a bunch of shit-colored legoes covered in jizz and dried marshmallow sauce but you can build whatever you want with them, however only half of the sculptures will stand up.

I like having fun with friends more than arguing over rules. That is why we play Pathfinder

Satirical. The word you're looking for is satirical.

Dogbolds are The best Kobolds.