>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

Gen con started a couple days ago.
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What is Promethean biggest fault or weakness
>inb4 pronouns

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4wewNseVo24
youtube.com/watch?v=YBr55_UCfik
docs.google.com/document/d/1eJz_HsiLvwF8e4okeCDF-FzV-japjrLxmd9bx4diVSc
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXnaJDf-gERGZe97JoIqj2bffJyrjal8Ch4xWD4L9lg/
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/608073-deviant-the-subtitle-discussion?p=945892#post945892
drivethrurpg.com/product/114063/Reap-the-Whirlwind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(from last thread)

Fuck guys

I am, like, so fucking confused

What...man, the last time I was around, Blood and Smoke/ VtR 2.0 was a thing. Now there is this Chronicles of Darkness doohickie? What is going down?
What's this I hear about custom morality paths?
What's a Paladin?

White Wolf does not own WoD anymore. Onyx Path took over and is basically going through a rebranding.

First of all, hi, welcome back, as you can see the threads haven't really changed.

So, long story short: CCP sold off the White Wolf subsidiary and all IP rights to Paradox Interactive, which had its origin in tabletop game company Target Games, and clearly wants to get involved with it again. Paradox has used their purchase to create White Wolf Publishing AB (sometimes referred to as Paradox White Wolf or just Paradox). Under the creative direction of famous LARPer Martin Ericsson, White Wolf Publishing AB wants to bring back the Old World of Darkness setting in a big way, creating the One World of Darkness, a fifth edition of the setting and a reboot into a multimedia franchise: youtube.com/watch?v=4wewNseVo24

In order to prevent IP confusion from media licensees, Onyx Path and White Wolf came to an agreement: oWoD will henceforth be called "World of Darkness" and New World of Darkness becomes "Chronicles of Darkness".

Chronicles of Darkness is pretty much nWoD in its entirety. All the second editions can now be called so, and currently Vampire 2e, Werewolf 2e, Mage 2e, and Promethean 2e are available for purchase, with Changeling 2e in open playtesting, Hunter 2e in development, and Geist 2e being just announced.

Morality has changed dramatically. Mortals now have Integrity, as in God Machine Chronicle, Vampire have a slightly altered version of Humanity, Werewolves have a Harmony that swings up and down and is best kept to 5, Mages have a slightly altered Wisdom, and Prometheans now have Pilgrimage.

Chronicles of Darkness is the new name for New World of Darkness.

Nope, not even close. White Wolf owns everything related to WoD. Onyx Path just continues to keep its tabletop licensing relationship, publishing nWoD stuff under the Chronicles of Darkness label and having full permission to print World of Darkness 20th Anniversary Edition has its own edition. White Wolf Publishing AB considers it a fourth edition of the setting, where One World of Darkness will be the fifth.

Onyx Path is still licensing Exalted and WoD/CofD, which White Wolf Publishing still owns. Onyx Path still owns Scion, Trinity, and Scarred Lands, however. Scion's second edition should have a Kickstarter launching in a few weeks.

Okay...okay

Now I just need to look at my VtR stuff and decide which things to toss or get rid of

If you're worried about 2e backwards compatibility, pretty much all of the vampire 1e line plays nice with Vampire 2e, its just that some of it is a bit more fudging than others.

If you still want to get rid of stuff, we should be getting a book on the Covenants soon, so you could in theory dump your Covenant books. I'd be careful, though, Vampire is currently the slowest line of all 2e.

Everything should be fairly compatible.

All I have is Blood and Smoke for VtR 2nd ed

When I heard about the differing moral paths, I got a tad "o fuckballs" and became a tad spergy.

I remember looking through Blood and Smoke and being kind of confused. It wasn't the VtR I remembered. Infact it looked a tad Twilight-y.
Mind you, it isn't, but some of the flavour text seem to give it that air.

I also liked how the disciplines were re-worked, further divorcing it from Masquerade (I did get pissy about Protean Claws not doing aggravated damage, but I got over it)

The "Banes" that PCs can fall prey to if their humanity drops too low was a really neat touch.

I was annoyed that they kind of "simplified" some of the Covenants. I mean, I like the concept of a Lancea Sanctum Muslim guy, who opens his salat with al-fatiha, then quotes the Testament as an subsequent verse.

Belial's Brood seem to be gone completely. For better or worse.
The Stryx (sp?) are neat, and hearken back to Lasombra a bit.

So I am excited yet confused as to what to pick up first.

What do you lads think? Will I *NEED* the Chronicles of Darkness corebook to use VtR 2.0? Does it differ at all from Blood and Smoke?

Blood and Smoke is straight up just Vampire the Requiem Second Edition. I think it has some errata put into it, but it is otherwise the exact same text, just re-named.

You do not need the Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook. Second Edition has made it so that every single core functions as its own independent rules texts, like how oWoD used to do it. CofD core is explicitly geared towards Mortal parties and games, and half of it is a reprint of God Machine Chronicle material.

However, you may still be interested in getting it because it does contain some neat rules that aren't in VtR 2e/Blood and Smoke. The Investigation, Planning, and Chase rules are all pretty neat.

I'll answer like in the last thread:

>What...man, the last time I was around, Blood and Smoke/ VtR 2.0 was a thing. Now there is this Chronicles of Darkness doohickie? What is going down?
nWoD 2e. Renamed to reduce mix-up with oWoD.

>What's this I hear about custom morality paths?
I dunno. What is this you hear? I want to hear it too.

>What's a Paladin?
No idea. What's a Paladin?

Why would you toss out everything? OPP hit squads won't kick down your door just for using 1e stuff.

Ah, no. Not toss out everything. But what to pack away (mostly) and what to save.

My uh...I should've said, my bookshelf if getting really fulll

Did you know that White Wolf put out an offical VtM Let's Play?

They did it to advertise the Humble Bundle, which was actually not a bad idea: youtube.com/watch?v=YBr55_UCfik

Right.

>All I have is Blood and Smoke for VtR 2nd ed
Blood and Smoke IS VtR 2e. Go to DrivethruRPG and download the new one. If you bought it, you should have it re-named now.

>When I heard about the differing moral paths, I got a tad "o fuckballs" and became a tad spergy.
What differing morality paths?

>I remember looking through Blood and Smoke and being kind of confused. It wasn't the VtR I remembered. Infact it looked a tad Twilight-y.
>Mind you, it isn't, but some of the flavour text seem to give it that air.
Eh. What?

>I also liked how the disciplines were re-worked, further divorcing it from Masquerade (I did get pissy about Protean Claws not doing aggravated damage, but I got over it)
Aggravated is more important in 2e. You can still get agg claws with Protean, but it requires a Merit now

>The "Banes" that PCs can fall prey to if their humanity drops too low was a really neat touch.
Yes. Great idea, too bad they are never worth it mechanically

>I was annoyed that they kind of "simplified" some of the Covenants. I mean, I like the concept of a Lancea Sanctum Muslim guy, who opens his salat with al-fatiha, then quotes the Testament as an subsequent verse.
They divorced it even more from Masquerade. There will be other Covenants in places like Iran than in the US.
The Muslim Lancea et Sanctum is most likely a different Covenant, that also uses the TEstament

>Belial's Brood seem to be gone completely. For better or worse.
No, not gone, just not mentioned.

>So I am excited yet confused as to what to pick up first.
No supplements for 2e yet. They got into a bit of a fuckfest with the planning. With some luck, we'll get new books soon.

>What do you lads think? Will I *NEED* the Chronicles of Darkness corebook to use VtR 2.0? Does it differ at all from Blood and Smoke?
Eh. CofD core book is the update of the nWoD core book. So of course it differs. You don't NEED it, but the extra merits and mechanics are neat.

Yeah. They really don't want to advertise CofD.

>Eh. What?

There was some flavour text somewhere talking about the pcs being "sexy and forever young" or somesuch. I can't quite remember now

That's kind of the Daeva Schtick, yes.

There'd be no real benefit for them doing so, at least if they actually manage to pull of this One World of Darkness thing.

Well, obviously, but this was written with Kindred in general

Anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter. I can hardly remember it anyhow

>What differing morality paths

Apparently:

>Morality has changed dramatically. Mortals now have Integrity, as in God Machine Chronicle, Vampire have a slightly altered version of Humanity, Werewolves have a Harmony that swings up and down and is best kept to 5, Mages have a slightly altered Wisdom, and Prometheans now have Pilgrimage.

>>What differing morality paths
>Apparently:

Eh. But Supers had different morality systems than mortals in 1e too. That hasn't changed. They just cleaned up the Mortal one...

It was that way in first edition, too; humans had Morality, Vampires had Humanity, Werewolves had Harmony, Mages had Wisdom, etc. Literally every single game had a different one.

Or are you talking about how there's no longer a monolithic hierarchy of sins, and you determine Breaking Points for each character individually? Because that's new and a welcome addition to the game.

>Mind you, it isn't, but some of the flavour text seem to give it that air.

THE COMMUNION OF THE CUNT AND THE COMMUNION OF THE COCK

ugh they fucking ruined Toreadors by adding the Daeva

what the hell are you talking about

I'm curious as to how you make that work.

I've never really seen the problem with that line. It's supposed to be debauched. Blasphemous, even.

Also, there's no cunt there, those are two dudes.

>From Daveb on OP forums
>I told people at the con how Deviants' powers work, what their Integrity traits are, what the x and y splat axes are... Loads of stuff.
>I'm still in Indianapolis. Details will emerge eventually

While I would like the con talk to be up this week, past con handling tell me to wait about two weeks (and even then we might not see/hear much, though I was reading they got a better recording device) *shrug*

Jakki, buddy old pal. Has my number one source for mummy info, can you tell me everything you know of the First Gods?

There's not a lot to know. Azar was first among them, named king by the Shan'iatu and murdered by them so that he may become king of Duat. Their ritual worked, allowing him to usurp Anpu (who then became a guide to the dead rather than their ruler), but he never spoke to them again and did not reward them like they expected. Heru is a solar god and I believe is the Nameless Lion, but apparently was not well regarded by the Iremites. Sutek is the god of Will and stood against the mandate of Law that said all life must go to Ammut's jaws and was killed for his insolence, but his will persists in the human race and is part of what steers the Arisen towards Apotheosis.

I think I'm forgetting a couple. There's not a ton of info, and what exists is in Book of the Deceived and Dreams of Avarice.

>Belial's Brood seem to be gone completely. For better or worse.
They're in the first supplement.
>The Stryx (sp?) are neat, and hearken back to Lasombra a bit.
Strix. From a variety of VtR books.

Belial's Brood are gonna be in Secrets of the Covenants?

Yes.

Got a source on that, bud?

docs.google.com/document/d/1eJz_HsiLvwF8e4okeCDF-FzV-japjrLxmd9bx4diVSc
Rose mentioned it a few times on the board too

That's all Circle of the Crone.

None of that is about Belial's Brood...

Wrong covenant, sorry
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXnaJDf-gERGZe97JoIqj2bffJyrjal8Ch4xWD4L9lg/

>no mention of the Brood
>one heretical ritual dedicated to Belial

That's not the same as the Brood and you fucking know it.

So an user in the previous thread asked what would happen if the Tremere had diablerised Tzimisce instead of Salout. This seems like it could have fun metaplot implications. What do you think would happen? Would Gargoyles become much more body horror like the war ghouls that no one seems to use anymore? Would the Salubri clan split between warriors to Sabbat and healers to Cammies? Could the remaining Tzimisce be forced into independence and eventual irrelevance or would they go on the fucking warpath like the Harbingers of Skulls do? I would love to hear what y'all think since I think I'm having this happen for my Dark Ages game and would love to see how it'd ripple through history.

Rose Bailey confirmed that they still exist. If you search Belial's Brood on the Onyx Path Forums, you can find it out.

If you're actually interested in whether they are or not, go look there. If you're just invested in saying they aren't, keep masturbating here.

Welcome to Chronicle of Darkness or the brand formally known as New World of Darkness: 2nd edition.

To catch you up to speed;

New core book Chronicles of Darkness. Has the new investigation system and some crafting stuff(want some loose guidlines for making your own mad max cars? Look under equipment) As well as Horrors; pretty much a catch all for those monsters that don't really fall under a description. So if you want to make slender man, a Banshee, evil wishing well etc, look at horrors.

Werewolf 2nd Edition came out. They will murder you. No really, unless you have supernatural aid or some kind of boon(group of men with shotguns) they will murder you. Even then they heal 1 health bar of lethal a turn. Also their morality is best at 5 and they can't spend exp to change it. So they go from being more human(high harmony) to more murder wolf(low harmony).

Beast: The Primordial came out. We can't talk about it here, people get upset.

Mage 2nd edition came out. Their are some exploits but mages can't really blow up cities at level 1 100% of the time anymore(their combat can be very 'rocket tag'). Also paradox will fuck your family to death and everyone seams to forget it exists.

Changeling play test came out. Looking good so far.

Promethean 2nd edition just came out. The most complaints seam to be about them using tumblr pronouns and alchemists not being playable(it takes 5 minutes of modding to make them playable, but well Veeky Forums).

According to DaveB, Deviant has two morality stats.

Huh.

What people are saying is that you haven't proven the statement that you made as being true. It's not about us saying "they don't exist anymore", it's about us saying [citation needed].

For all we know you read "you can still use any 1e materials you want" as "they totally one hundred percent exist, that was my plan".

I mean, she put VII in the core so that she wouldn't need to explain them in future books.

They already pulled off their One World of Darkness thing, and that was literally it. They just shoved "World" off nWoD, slapped "Chronicle" on it, and now cWoD's their One World.

It was oversimplifying and stupid.

Amy doesn't even work for them anymore. Rose posted that.

I'm offended you'd compare them.

Honestly I don't even know how I mixed them up, I've definitely gone without sleep for too long.

So in 1e indomitable went from 1 to 5 instead of being fixed at 2. Would it be allowable to let it go beyond 2? It seems weaker then in 1e because in 1e it applied to all influence not just supernatural stuff. Im thinking of making it mortal exclusive to give them a sort of supernatural tolerance.

No I mean, if they can actually make One World of Darkness the multimedia success they want. All they need, I think, is one popular video game and they have a foundation. Now's a better time than ever to be unleashing shared universe stuff, though the ideal time would have been around Avengers 1 coming out.

Two morality meters, you say?

Where do you get this from?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/608073-deviant-the-subtitle-discussion?p=945892#post945892

Thanks.

So weren't the panel's supposed to be uploaded somewhere?

The con just ended today, user. Nobody's even home yet.

I doubt we see the panels until next week. Maybe earlier since IanW got home first but that's a bit of a stretch.

>For years, we’ve entertained fan requests for rules that allow different supernatural creatures to play in the same game. This year we’re pleased to announce that we’ll create a book that’s tentatively titled The Crossover Chronicle which will provide all the necessary rules to play within a setting designed around the idea that every single supernatural exists and they may be aware of all the others, too. This will be a massive undertaking never before attempted for the Chronicles of Darkness!

Isn't this how it works by default?

Oh god I am watching Stranger Things right now and everyone says how its basically a Hunter game. The part where Winona Rider is desperately hanging up Christmas lights around her house totally sells me on the idea. That is a PC move if I ever saw one.

No, it's been a possibility, but it's always been hard because there are questions like "what happens if a vampire feeds from a Sin-eater?"

Presumably this will give suggestions to answer that. There've been crossover stuff, but presumably this is going to be SUPER crossover, with a more oWoD level of intersplat knowledge and communication.

Personally, I think the Tremere would not have much of a chance of joining the Camarilla in this timeline.

In the original timeline, the Salubri was a weak and insignificant clan overall; they didn't embrace often due to their clan's views, and large parts of them were not interested in violence of any sort, which was what made the Tremere's coup so easy to pull off (along with the Tremere propaganda).

The Tzimisce are far more numerous, entrenched in heavily fortified positions (castles) and have a murderboner the size of Transylvania for anyone who'd dare to try taking their lands from them. Their Kolduns also have magical powers that can even the odds against the Tremere's thaumaturgy.

And unlike the Salubri, who were always viewed as being *too* goodhearted (and thus suspicious to most other vampires who are used to betrayal and deception), the Tzimisce didn't hide what they were. Yes, they were A-grade assholes, but they also slavishly followed a code of honor that even Salubri warriors respected (even if they didn't like it).

Upstart humans stealing the power of the Tzimisce would get the High Clans (and the Low Clans as well) much more agitated.

In fact, I don't see the Tremere joining any major sect at all... I think it more likely that the Tremere would end up as another independent clan, living on the fringes, offering magical favors to other vampires, and being hunted by just about any other vampire who found out their true nature.

Likely, only a few would survive until the discovery of the New World, after which the Tremere would probably flock to the Americas in order to set up a proper base in a new and foreign world, one where there *weren't* any major rivals or bloodthirsty and vengeful Tzimisce. After that, I can see their population booming, and they'd amass a much greater amount of power, enough to push them up from being a jumped-up bloodline and into being considered a clan, small and despised, but a clan nonetheless.

Betray me

If only it was debauched or blasphemous and not just retarded and cringy.

Ok, I can totally see this. Thanks user.

>The Investigation, Planning, and Chase rules are all pretty neat.
Not really. They are quite a mess as it is. But half dozen merits that affect it + glaring omission of Parkour having any effect on chase and incompatibility of magical investigation make it borderline unusable.
Maybe social chase instead of social manoeuvring which is mess too, but that's about it.

Btw. did you notice how badly written is paragraph about firearms in close combat in 2e? Without knowing how it worked in 1e it doesn't make any sense at all.

So, I've been thinking of getting into VtM/VtR, and have a group of willing players.
Which edition would be the best/easiest to start off in?

>Btw. did you notice how badly written is paragraph about firearms in close combat in 2e?

Wut?

Ok. The Big Question is: What is it you want out of the game?

That will be a big decider as to which I'll recommend.

Whoa, hard question.
I guess I want a system that is not too difficult to get into or understand (fairly new to GMing) that will be accessible to players who know little or nothing about WoD and isn't too combat focused?

Sorry if I'm not being helpful, if you ask more specific questions, I think I might be more clear

what skills should I get for being a lumberjack?

Why do people dislike Beast so much? I haven't played any of the system, and beast seems a bit interesting to me

>I haven't played any of the system

Here's your problem

A few dots in Athletics and Craft, and maybe a couple in Survival and Weaponry.

VtR if you want a mature game for adults.

VtM if you want a teenager level wish fullfilment piece of crap with horrible mechanics from the 90's.

what specialty should I get so I can abuse multi-discipline specialty and area of expertise?

No, no, that's fair.
Requiem is a less clunky system to learn, and it's a bit faster in play.
That said, both are easy when one compare them to, say, any edition of D&D.

Neither is focused on combat, but Masquerade has a few more broken powers than Requiem has. They tried to balance things from the beginning in Requiem, which made some stuff easier to handle.

Setting-wise, the differences can be summed up as this:
Masquerade: The players are pawns in an ancient, global war of mystical conspiracies (called sects). By default the sect players are part of is basically vampire-illuminati, and their enemies are violent anarchists and satanist-fascists. The anarchists are painted as relatively benign. It is very much a big-picture game.
There are 13 vampire clans, and they are rather strict in their definitions of membership, making character generation easy, but a bit limited. (In essence, there are a few more choices, several of the clans have different social structures in each of the sects.)
Vampires gauge their power in how many generations of vampire are between them and the vampire progenitor, and there are no socially acceptable ways to change it.

Requiem: More personal. The city is what matters, not the world. Old vampires are perhaps 200-300 years older than you. Not 2000-3000.
There are now just 5 clans, but they are a lot wider in scope, archetypes rather than stereotypes. This gives less hand-holding when creating your character, but you have a lot less constraints.
What Requiem has instead of the three global sects, are a series of Covenants - basically a mix between a cult and a political party. By default there are five player-covenants (and two villainous, not intended for players), but it's explicitly said that they aren't everywhere, and a local setting can lack any of the "core" covenants, and the GM is encouraged to make up new ones.
Vampires gauge their power on how old they are, and they naturally grow in power by ageing.

Are you arguing that all the Beast haters have played it? I know someone who refuses to even READ it. All because SomethingAwful tells him it's just terribad and normalizes abuse or something like that.

VtR 2e

What I mean is that it's essentially supposed to be... not cringey, but a gross thing not meant to be taken as profound or Shakespearean so much as mocking.

>Firearms in Close Combat
>Any firearm larger than Size 1 is too big to accurately shoot
>someone when fists and crowbars are the order of the day. In
>close combat, the target’s Defense against Firearms attacks
>is increased by the gun’s (Size +1). If using a gun larger than
>a pistol to bludgeon the opponent, treat it as an improvised
>crowbar (see Weapon Traits, p. 268).
Cool, it increases defense against firearms, but
>Defense does not apply against Firearms attacks.
What does "too big to accurately shoot" mean isn't clear either. It can't be shot at all? Is there any penalty? Who knows...

Hmmm.....thank you all very much, you've given me a lot to work with, though it seems like I may go with Requiem, since it seems to be less rigid and constrained storywise.
Are there any intro adventures/scenariosto get me started?
Also, what's the equivalent of the Masquerade in Requiem? The thing that keeps Kindred from revealing themselves to the masses?

>What does "too big to accurately shoot" mean isn't clear either. It can't be shot at all? Is there any penalty? Who knows...
It... clearly states that it can be shot, just not accurately. The target gets Size+1 Defense. This is clearly an addendum to the normal rule about Firearms attacks having no Defense. It increases. Yes, even from 0. Or, if the target is perhaps a Daeva with superhuman speed, more than 0.

>Also, what's the equivalent of the Masquerade in Requiem? The thing that keeps Kindred from revealing themselves to the masses?
The Masquerade.

>Hmmm.....thank you all very much, you've given me a lot to work with, though it seems like I may go with Requiem, since it seems to be less rigid and constrained storywise.
Oh yes. A lot. Requiem is pretty much plug&play, Masquerade is a huge sprawling setting to learn.

>Are there any intro adventures/scenariosto get me started?
There is this:
drivethrurpg.com/product/114063/Reap-the-Whirlwind
Free introduction to Requiem.

>Also, what's the equivalent of the Masquerade in Requiem? The thing that keeps Kindred from revealing themselves to the masses?
It's also called the Masquerade.
They've changed it a bit though, now it's not "be careful, or the masses will rise up in violent revolt and destroy our race!". In Requiem it's more "the masses don't care. The masses never care. About anything. You should be careful, because if you fuck up, you'll draw attention to yourself. That might get you killed."
It's all in the "more personal" thing. It's a bit more chill. A big theme of CofD is: Humanity as a whole don't care. They move on, ignore the obvious supernatural stuff. Stick the head in the sand, it's easier.

>Neither is focused on combat, but Masquerade has a few more broken powers than Requiem has.
Which powers are you talking about? Masquerade powers are generally shittier than Requiem's.

Sure. But what I mean is: In Masquerade there were required combat Disciplines. Most notably Celerity. If you don't have Celerity, you WILL lose any fight with someone who has it.

Stranger Things is like Hunter, featuring Beast and Deviant.

>Stranger Things is like Hunter, featuring Beast and Deviant.
>featuring Beast
>Beast

user pls, Stranger Things had nothing to do with Beast, it was more of a CoC type of campaing.

>It... clearly states that it can be shot, just not accurately. The target gets Size+1 Defense. This is clearly an addendum to the normal rule about Firearms attacks having no Defense. It increases. Yes, even from 0. Or, if the target is perhaps a Daeva with superhuman speed, more than 0.
Do you mean that target gets size + 1 just against firearms bigger than size 1? Or for all sizes and bonus 2 to defense is considerate still accurate and bigger than that inaccurate?
Either way such little bonus to defense seems really underwhelming compared to 1e. I assumed that it was supposed to be bonus to normal defense which applied in close combat even against firearms and it was just badly written.

I figured the best comparison for the Monster would be a Beast, what with the upside down and whatnot being seen as a lair.

Just because Beast is shittily written, it doesn't mean the ideas behind it are bad.

Stop being a thin-skinned feminist-lookalike and grow a pair.

So, I don't mean to trigger people, but, what is the premise behind Beast? Bit hazy on it

Your soul has been replaced by an Astral monster. You need to feed on the suffering of mortals.
Your actions fuck up people, turning them into single-minded killers who want to end you.

I heard you basically have to feed every week. Like, does it have to be fear you cause in the real world, or can ya affect dreams?

But it's for their own good because overpopulation and urbanisation have cut people off from the primal fears that taught early humans to come together for collective good.

I'm setting a upcoming game in 70s New York (Mage but cribbing Bowery Dogs rules) and I'm wondering about blocks. Is each block one building? How many things (businesses, apartments, etc) are in them? How big are they? Are they all separated by streets?

Yeah, that's the rationalization that was bolted on to it.
Otherwise it'd clash too much with the "these are trans people" theme they have going. Couldn't have trans people be villains now, could we?

At best it would've been an entity from oWod Umbra maybe, the creature wasn't anything human-like.

I admit my never-ending hate for Beast, not so much for the writing (which sucked) but for the immense waste of potential.
When I heard of Beast the first time i was expecting some kind of game to inglobate all the concepts behind the entities lurking in the nWod (never really liked the Dread powers and generic monster creations), instead we got this mess of a game.

On a bit of a tangent to that - did they use singular They in Promethean 2ed?

Nah. They went with edgier Zie and Xie

Generally, they went with singular they.

Yeah and best way to teach the lesson is to kill the pupil. Bri-fucking-liant.