I REQUIRE ART. ART OF MEDIEVAL WEAPONRY, PREFERABLY NON EUROPEAN ONES

I REQUIRE ART. ART OF MEDIEVAL WEAPONRY, PREFERABLY NON EUROPEAN ONES

Other urls found in this thread:

oriental-arms.com/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/spoils-from-the-sultan-part-i-arms-and-armour-captured-from-the-turks-in-1529-1683-in-the-military-history-museum-of-vienna/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/spoils-from-the-sultan-part-ii-arms-and-armour-captured-from-the-turks-in-1529-1683-in-the-military-history-museum-of-vienna/
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Weapons_of_Asia
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Indo-Persian_armour
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Indo-Persian_weapons
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/10/07/turanic-arms-and-armour-part-i/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/turanic-arms-and-armour-part-ii/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/make-it-just-as-the-enemys-part-i-european-inspired-helmets-and-continental-asiatic-inspired-armour-of-the-philippines-indonesia-and-insular-malaysia/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/make-it-just-as-the-enemys-part-ii-european-inspired-helmets-and-continental-asiatic-inspired-armour-of-the-philippines-indonesia-and-insular-malaysia/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/non-typical-samurai-helmets-and-armor-part-i/
periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/non-typical-samurai-helmets-and-armor-part-ii/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll start with the other two I have in my folder

You disgust me.

I had a bunch of Indian stuff, don't know where it's gone.
But have these.
Shame there's no Nepali or Indian handles.

> MEDIEVAL WEAPONRY, PREFERABLY NON EUROPEAN

Er...do you realize that Medieval is the name of a time period with a strongly European focus?

So you request is a beat weirdly phrased.

That still leaves like six other continents. Do you want anything in specific? Japanese? Indian? African? Be specific.

i'm just posting african stuff right now but i can post something else if anyone has a request

Indian would be nice

I am trying to make a middle-east/south indian-asian campaign

what kind of equipment combo would make sense in hot weather (assuming no magic items from the start)?

I would give chainmail a heat reduction bonus since it works like a radiator when worn on bare skin

I don't have time to post a lot of images, so those are the sources:

oriental-arms.com/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/spoils-from-the-sultan-part-i-arms-and-armour-captured-from-the-turks-in-1529-1683-in-the-military-history-museum-of-vienna/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/spoils-from-the-sultan-part-ii-arms-and-armour-captured-from-the-turks-in-1529-1683-in-the-military-history-museum-of-vienna/

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Weapons_of_Asia

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Indo-Persian_armour

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Indo-Persian_weapons

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/10/07/turanic-arms-and-armour-part-i/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/turanic-arms-and-armour-part-ii/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/make-it-just-as-the-enemys-part-i-european-inspired-helmets-and-continental-asiatic-inspired-armour-of-the-philippines-indonesia-and-insular-malaysia/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/make-it-just-as-the-enemys-part-ii-european-inspired-helmets-and-continental-asiatic-inspired-armour-of-the-philippines-indonesia-and-insular-malaysia/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/non-typical-samurai-helmets-and-armor-part-i/

periklisdeligiannis.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/non-typical-samurai-helmets-and-armor-part-ii/

I've never heard of anyone claiming metal armour made extreme weather easier to deal with. Even mail will interfere with convective cooling, and once the sun comes out the conductivity may prove to be downside unless we're wrapped up in loose fabric outside of the mail, but that of course will interfere with the cooling of the mail, and thus the radiator function.

Mail on bare skin seems like it might be, well, less than comfortable.

looking at what armour people do wear in hot climates, well, we get everythign from nothing up to full mail wrap and such, and I would guess that plate wasn't avoided due to the weather. So it seems you'd deal with the climate more by drinking a lot more than changing the gear.

>Mail on bare skin seems like it might be, well, less than comfortable.

Let's not forget that colds were not harmless back in the days. People actually died from colds they got from wearing mail without proper insulation.

Given the climate and issues discussed I suspect getting cold, and whatever diseases may seize that opportunity, would be a very minor issue.

Now chafing turning into sores open to infection...

depends on the rings.
most chainmail pieces i have seen in museums and such have rings with a rounded, smooth cross section. since chainmail rings beat against eachother when being moved around , sharp portrusions within the material get beat off after a while just like rust.
also, since the ends of the rings are riveted together, there are no dangers of scratches from sharp cut off ends either.

it is perfectly safe and even quite comfortable to wear this stuff on bare skin. the only time i got myself a scratch from chainmail was when i tried out a cheap chinese bootleg, since the ends of the rings were left open.

funny thing is , using the mail as a radiator even works if you wear cloth over it (infrared passes through the fabric), so it was quite popular with the crusaders

plate armor in hot weather is not a wise decision

indians only used plate to protect absolutely vital parts that are sensitive to blunt force (ripcage , head, spine), everything else was protected by chainmail

Isn't 'medieval' exclusively European?

then choose the weapons from around the world from the same time period.

And here is the point where the drugs kicked in and the smith started to lose his shit.

Looks like one of those kitchen utensils that tries to do everything so it ends up doing nothing well. Except for maybe that pizza cutter on the back.

antarctican

Ah, the deadly throwing penguin.

Since OP started with a hammer, give hammers pls.

Thanks, KM.

UNF.

Excuse me, I need to go change.

I'll take specific requests

Well, on the off chance...

It appears that Japanese swords sometimes had what I guess where rain guards. Basically a small leather bag or pouch, with a hole in the bottom, and a string to adjust the "main" opening. Put the grip through the bottom hole until it envelops the tsuba, and then tighten the string until it closes up somewhat around the sheathe.

Any pics of such? I've seen two with my own eyes, but unfortunately neither museum allowed photography.

I only have one I saved

I'm a sucker for falchions
Checked

That thing looks rather Westeros-ish.
A Song of Ice and Fire characters like more swag on their armor then even samurai did, and samurai made a whole thing of trying to have the coolest hat in battle.

>Here be elves

Obsidian blades cut well... so long as you had nothing more than a cloth shirt on