The Kangaskhan Ex first attack can be your first play during your first turn

The Kangaskhan Ex first attack can be your first play during your first turn.
It's completely shit in the meta tho.
How that makes you Magic Players feel?

Curious about pokemon tcg.

So the base set of pokemon was bisted as fuck. There has been over a decade of expansions for it to become more degenerate. I am not suprised free draw three is bad.

I like how calling it "triple draw" makes absolutely no attempt to make it seem Pokemon themed

Haha. Oh wow. I didn't even realize. They couldn't have called it like, Parental Love or something?

So, what the fuck is Ex? My only experience with the TCG is the Gameboy game that still used a lot of dumb old rules, like being able to attack on your first turn and playing for less than 6 prizes.

EX Pokemon are worth 2 prizes when KO'd

That card sucks because drawing 3 cards isn't hard in pokemon tcg, the game is busted as duck there are so many trainer cards that let you keep drawing or searching through your deck.

The game is busted and kind of terrible

>How that makes you Magic Players feel?

It is a delicate dance when you play Kangaskhan. At every single moment you must constantly be calculating the optimum use of your pokeymans. You are not limited by something ancient like energy. You are limited by your own intelligence and cleverness.

Professor Oak means you have to know every other deck's spells and game plan. It's all or nothing. Kangaskhan players have to be better at the game than other people.

Bad control and no late game. A reward Nintendo put into the game for experienced players

It's fun at a casual level; I haven't really got a local meta, but once in a while me and my friends update our decks and crack 'em out.

We don't really go in for "formats" so it's basically just all-in.

One of our mates went whole hog and started buying a bunch of quickly deployable walls, powerful EX cards and OP trainer cards individually, but we just ask him to use a different deck now, else don't play his ass.

Ah. "Balance".

In a bubble? It's completely not worth its retreat cost.

When you consider how much draw you already have access to through trainers and supporters, it's even less value. You *could* take cards for swapping it out, and since you'd be rocketting cards into your hand you're bound to get it reliably, but those are cards that could have been other, more valuable cards.

Really I don't know what the point you're trying to make is. That Magic and PTCG are different games?

Why would you waste an attack to draw three cards when other cards can do that without wasting an attack? You win by attacking and knocking out pokémon - not by drawing cards.

I have a sense that you play red..

I played Metagross and Gourgeist in Standard. :^)

This game is actually fun as hell if you're using the old gym leader structure decks and playing with your bros.

The game is fun when you have a Cube for drafting.

I have one with all the Gym leader cards and one with all the other gen 1 cards. I only play it with MtG players, though, because Pokémon TCG players are afraid of anything that is not 60 card decks and Standard.

He's probably trying to impress people who play magic and don't know anything about the Pokemon tcg with "look, turn 1 draw 3 is bad"

Which obviously doesn't mean anything, because they're totally different games.

Wut? Cards like Cleffa, Oak, Elm and super energy removal were another level of degenerate, back then.

I miss Mewtwo Mulligan.

That sounds like a lot of fun and I'm very jealous

>The Kangaskhan Ex first attack can be your first play during your first turn.
Confirmed for not playing the Pokemon TCG.
You can't attack the first turn of the game, fucking shitlord. Stop trying to bait faggots.

Part of the point of all the draw trainers and supporters is that there's a concept of "being able to do what your deck is designed to do" that TPCI likes to encourage. Not to say there aren't decks out there that fuck with that, but at it's core Competitive Pokemon wants you to do the awesome shit your deck is supposed to do. If your opponent's deck happens to come along and fuck your shit up, well, that's where we got a game, senpai.

Ask the people at your LGS about their old cards. Most people will give them away for free. Then build your own Cube. It's what I did.

>You can't attack the first turn of the game, fucking shitlord. Stop trying to bait faggots.

Your first turn doesn't have to be the first turn of the game, user.

The thing is that it's actually not free.

You need to attach an energy to Kangaskhan (your energy drop for the turn) and it's your attack for the turn.

Attacking ends your turn IMMEDIATELY. You draw 3 cards that you CANNOT USE until the next turn.

There are better ways to draw. There are better ways to draw 3, even.

And that's why Kangaskhan EX sucks.

>There are people ITT who don't own a sealed Base Set box

Boys are u even trying?

Of course I am. Because I have two complete Basic 1 sets in mint condition.

Ahh yes, I remember this pasta. It hasn't aged very well though.

>Basic 1 sets

Confirmed casual

Yo I'd play that in my Pokemon Highlander deck!

Doesn't seem that broken desu. If the game still works the way I think it does that EX effect means you're getting 2 for 1'd whenever it dies, really risky in a game where you can only lose six creatures.

Wouldn't drafting be a bit fucked with evolutions if you don't get the right ones?

Yeah, it's not at all. Especially given the insane amount of draw support in the pokemon tcg. Kanga saw play for a month or two, before people realized it was shite.

From what I have heard, you draft with cards face up and are not allowed to cut other people.

These cards can be played during your first turn.
They're staples in the meta too.
How that makes you Magic Players feel?

So is Shaymin EX just impossible to kill? IS double coulourless energy still a thing?

Fucking what.

That sounds kinda fucked up.

Shaymin EX is easy to KO and the biggest Lysandre bait. It's especially bad against decks without EX cards, when your opponent need only 3 KO to take 6 prize cards while you need 6. Still, it's a great support Pokemon and the most expensive card in the meta right now.

Yes, DCE is still a thing.

Magic is such a slow boring slog for the first few turns that is ruined further by the fact that this forces so many low cost cards in decks.

>I've never played MTG
Okay.

Why would you play Professor Sycamore over Professor Oak?

Professor Oak isn't legal in Standard and Expanded.

You just draft a combo deck. It's not too hard to pick a squirtle after your p1p1 Blastoise.

I know that the Pokemon TCG is broken as fuck, but being able to draw 3 cards every turn on top of other card draws and use him as a wall just seems fucking retarded. Meanwhile, slap a double energy on him T2 and you're swinging for 70 or 100.

How is this shit? Does the current meta either block card draw or is fighting type or something?

i quit all the tcg's when i turned 19 and sold everything for 500 bucks total. though i still have a yugioh deck that was years in the making and development for me and of course the box containing yugi's three decks from the anime +exodia and gods

though i never use em i still tend to lurk until i find something new to change my synchron deck according to current meta. maybe i will get back into it idk

Nice blog fagt.