Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF

mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What are your hopes for Deviant?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/608073-deviant-the-subtitle-discussion/page55
youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o
youtu.be/XAaPx501Dog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel like linking this would have been useful
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/608073-deviant-the-subtitle-discussion/page55

>What are your hopes for Deviant?
Revengeance.

Quick char-gen option.

>Revengeance

Oh god, I didn't want it but now I want nothing more.

I'm guessing the clades are something along the lines of

1) Dr. Jekyll/Hulk
2) Tetsuo/Psychis/Dr. Manhattan
3) Symbiotes/Guyver
4) The Fly/Full Cronenberg stuff
5) Cyborgs

Guessing the Invisible man fits into one of those sort of categories or another one all together.

>in these hard times of unemployment, some people are willing to resort to extreme measures to provide for their loved ones
>you were to be test subjects
>you were assured that your families would be taken care of
>your families didn't receive a red penny
>but you survived

youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

Ok, Dave, I know you were a little sketchy on whether or not I can play Fateful Findings in Deviant. I understand that, it was early in development!

But, I have moved on. Now I ask: Can I play this in Deviant: youtu.be/XAaPx501Dog

I NEED THIS NOW, THANKS.

Do you all seriously think WoD will do anything remotely comedic/non-horror?

>remotely comedic
user, Bob the Builder is in Mage.
not!Tom Cruise and not!Scientology are in Mage.

Your mistake is thinking that you can't have humour in horror.

They did Mage

Dudes of Legend exists, ergo anything is possible.

I don't mean that they'll have comedic elements. I mean that they'll do something full-on Revengeance/Mercs 2. There's just no way.
Mage HAS comedy but that doesn't mean it IS comedy. That's like saying Poltergeist is a comedy because it has a couple funny moments.

Found my favourite pic in Promethean

If you want non-horror CofD, take a look at Scion: Hero, or the Dresden Files RPG, or plenty of other games. Asking for non-horror CofD is like asking for Gundam without mecha; technically possible, but entirely against the point.

I'm not asking for a non-horror CofD. Look at the posts I'm responding to.

Revengeance is dumb fun, but I wouldn't call it comedic. For all the light hearted monkey chasing elements, Metal Gear is also a game about child soldiers and shit. No one is saying to make a comedy. I'm just saying that something like Revengeance sounds like what Deviant is for.

That image is so out of nowhere. It has nothing to do with the depressing explanation of an Extempore's life. It's just... "holy shit, I can lightning? That's awesome!"
Here it is without the background.

Probably something like
>Technological
>Magical
>Psychic
>Genetic
>Chemical

>An Originist has a strong sense of his own inner workings. As an action, he can draw on his inner reserves to convert a point of bashing damage or Willpower into a point of Pyros.

So they can turn a punch to the face or a kick in the cunt into Pyros? With no limit on how often they can do it?

Promethean Fight Cub = Infinite Power?

Is anyone else hoping for some more magical origins for Deviants? They seem very weird science so far and while that's very cool I hope that's not the only avenue open to them.

Apologies.

It means take 1B or spend 1WP instead of Pyros.

What are the odds that I leave Veeky Forums for like a month and come back to Deviant news?

I remember Dave B roughly describing Deviant as being 'Daredevil, Robocop, Kamen Rider, and Buffy team up to fight Big Pharma while being chased by General Ross and his army of Guyvers'. That's more or less what I'm hoping for. I'm hype as fuck for Deviant.

>It means take 1B or spend 1WP instead of Pyros.

Seriously? If so that wording is appalling

I actually couldn't figure out what you were trying to say at first. It seemed obvious to me what they meant, though in hindsight I can see how you came to that conclusion.

>convert a point of bashing damage into a point of Pyros

I still can barely see your way of reading it. Why not just say "may take take 1B or spend 1WP instead of Pyros"

Meh, maybe I'm the retarded one

Can't wait to run Kamen Rider in Deviant

whats a good opening for a chronicle set in Vampire the Dark Ages, one where the players can become a vampire. Ive read some suppliments but most already assume theyve turned

It depends on what the players are
If any of them are playing vampire hunter, you could start them out investigating rumors of vampires in a village, and have it turn out to be true, or something like that.

Steal from Dracula, man. They're cordially invited to the ominous manor/wizard's castle/shunned monastery/etc.

Just seems more reasonable than assuming they can get punched and gain Pyros willy nilly, for one.

Man, Dracula starts out great, but goes down hill when the narrative leaves Harker and goes to England.

>in the world of darkness, Veeky Forums has /prom/ - Prometheans & Pilgrimages
>endless arguments about whether something was a milestone
>Mages use Forces to troll and change people's posts

>not liking the first technothriller

pleb taste

There's nothing techno about it.
Or thrilling, really.

So The Principle wants all Azoth to return to the single collective, so it pushes Prometheans to become human and give up their Azoth so it can return.

But it makes creating a new Promethean part of the process of becoming human, ensuring that all Azoth can never return together.

I'm not sure this is a good plan really

>fast-paced steamship chase
>wax recordings to mark the journey
>medical hypnosis
>blood transfusions

The whole thing was cutting edge for the 1890s.

Do you mean intentional humor? Because White Wolf/Onyx Path were always good at the unintentional kind.

Even the sharpest cutting edge rusts and dulls with age, user.

>Even the sharpest cutting edge rusts and dulls with age, user.

Yeah but an outdated technothriller doesn't take away from what it was at the time.

I just read Dracula for the first time last year and loved it, user; it's aged just fine.

And that's before the Dracula Dossier turned it into an international spy triple-crossing mountain of plot hooks. I can't unsee Van Helsing as a German spy once it was pointed out to me..

>Every time I consider reading the forums opinion on something I'm starting to realize I'm having little to no patience for autists or man children sperging out for 20 fucking pages.
When did I get so old I stopped being able to deal with this shit.

I gave up around 16 or so, save for the Exalted forum which burned me out on their game at 19.

Seriously, the worst online community I have ever seen is the official Exalted forum. Even compared to us at our worse.

You've never been on a bad forum if you think the official CofD boards are bad. I envy you.

I just don't get how they can get like that. My tolerance I think spiked down during the Caine Versus exalted thread which probably still remains the most cringest thread I've ever been part of.

I just don't get how you can be that way.

Exalted fans never used to be this bad. Fucking Chung ruined everything by evealing the "one true way" of playing and turning the entire community into a load of polarized, bickering autists

I don't go on forums. Which outside of some bullshit here, tend to be way worse. Even if you go as far on them as you can here. I don't normally so many fucking people go into unironic autist manchild rants.

They were bad before Chung. He just pointed something out and people got to up their asses around it.

>I just read Dracula for the first time last year and loved it, user; it's aged just fine.
I honestly hated everyone but Harker and maybe Seward. By the time I got to Lucy and Mina and "oh, I'm sure that strange person visiting Lucy in the gardens is just my imagination, and has nothing to do with her sudden weakness", I stopped caring and never finished. I wanted to get back to the real estate lawyer trapped in the spooky ass castle.

You are literally on fucking Veeky Forums.
The only real difference with forums is more persistent identities, less ephemeral thread length (not that it ever stops drawn out shitposting arguments here), and moderators that actually moderate and keep you from calling everyone a sperm-guzzling retarded niggerfaggot dumpster baby of an oozey cuntrag.

Don't play exalted. What happened?

Then you missed the part where the mad scientist vampire hunter used hypnosis to track Dracula via the psychic link established between the count and one of his half-turned victims, or where the humble real estate man kills the vampire with an inexplicable Gurkha knife. It's a fun book, and that's before you get into postmodern fucking with the text.

You can't really critique a book you read a third of.

Chungian Combat.

He codified the combat system in such a way that it became impossible to win if you played any other way (including NPCs, so every opponent except another Solar also played Chungian by the ST was chump bait), and if both combatants played it Chungian then combat never ended because your essence (fuel stat) became your hit-points, and you regenerated as many as you spent each turn.

He took all the fun out of combat in a combat-heavy game. It's not actually his fault the game was fucked mechanically, but he was the figurehead who brought it to the masses like the Commandments from Moses.

I've never really understood these complaints, and no one has ever really sufficiently explained it.

>You can't really critique a book you read a third of.
If it takes more than a third of the book to actually be worth reading...
Also, it was told in an epistolary format, that's already fucking with the text.
Also it was a Bowie Knife. I never finished it, but I did my research. Like many things, its footprint is bigger than it's boot, and often the impressions are better than the real thing (although Alice in Wonderland is the prime example of "things inspired by it are better than it").

I had once planned for Quincy Harker's journal to be a plot point in a Hunter game, and serve something similar to John Winchester's journal from Supernatural.

>You are literally on fucking Veeky Forums.
Yes, which is saying something

>The only real difference with forums is more persistent identities, less ephemeral thread length (not that it ever stops drawn out shitposting arguments here), and moderators that actually moderate and keep you from calling everyone a sperm-guzzling retarded niggerfaggot dumpster baby of an oozey cuntrag.

Here's the problem: The moderators have bias, and the long thread length does soemthing to posters on that board that makes them insufferable pedants even by comparison. I don't pretend that it makes sense, but I have been active here, on the Exalted forums, and on forums for Pathfiner and Shadowrun at the same time. By far the worst one is the official Exalted forum. Even Veeky Forums's Exalted threads don't have some kind of mental cancer like that one. I'm sorry, I really don't know why.

We can agree to disagree on it. Also, Morris had a Bowie knife and Harker had a kukri; they worked together.

The Dracula Dossier makes for a great Hunter campaign.

I'd rather have people calling me that than being passive agressive and autist as fuck. Forums intrinsically worse because they get incesty.

Well, Dave did mention Buffy as a potential possible Deviant. I really like the cult ritual gone wrong idea for a character, actually.

Because I'm me and I have to talk Mummy, I like the idea of an utterly botched attempt at turning a modern mortal into a new host for a cult's Arisen patron creating a Deviant instead.

>Extempore recover Pyros through snuggling

daaawww

Page?

>Additionally, Extempore may sleep near another Promethean regaining Pyros during his slumber. This vague kinship recovers Pyros as if she were near her own element.

Hah, might be interesting. While I am interested in a Magic Deviant, I also want to see a Deva Corp created Deviant with his Scars manifesting similarly to extreme Stigmatic Brands lining up with an Agency, potentially with the Demon-Blooded to keep semi-even.

An example alchemist is immortal, but the alchemist section doesn't mention immortality anywhere?

Am I blind?

It mentions several things that are mechanically impossible, as it is. Immortality is just the most glaring (since there's no Transmutation that confers immortality, RAW an alchemist couldn't make a potion to do this)

this, I think they meant less lol fucking invincible maymays and more vicious killer cyborgs with massive past mental trauma.

So apparently Edward Cullen isn't as faggy as Lestat.

Apparently I'm wrong about this.

Apparently I need to read Twilight. Sorry, first movie was enough torture, thanks

Apparently 'faggy' means 'unmanly'.

Apparently I shouldn't go near VtR because of first statement.

Honestly, all last thread, was that just some dude getting butthurt about me calling something not homosexual 'gay' and 'faggy'?

Also

/snarkcasm off

Apparently, Virtues and Vices are gone (or at least made more nebulous), and something akin to the old Nature and Demeanor returns in VtR (Called something like 'Dirges' and somesuch. I can't remember, it's been a while). Do Werewolves and Mages have something similar, or do they fall back on Virtue and Vice?

I'm pretty sure she's lifted wholecloth from Blood Bathers actually

As for the butthurt, that would be Aspel.

People would be more willing to talk to you if you didn't sound like a middle schooler.

Who?

Do you not know where you are?

Exalted combat is broke, Chung pointed out how broke it is so fanboys whined at him and about him because it's easier than admitting their pet game sucks.

You obviously don't know where you are. /wodg/ is basically /lgbt/, whether we want it or not. Also, Aspel is our resident queer autist. But he actually reads the books, so there's that.

>But he actually reads the books, so there's that.

I somehow feel as if I've come out on top.

Though now I wonder how they measure up to Rice's work. I remember liking those novels...

Can a Promethean change Refinement at will? Or is it only after reaching a milestone?

>I somehow feel as if I've come out on top.
Over most of the shitposters, for sure. You bring politics in a little too much for me. I don't disagree with your opinions, but shit. It's annoying to read.

Did any bloodlines get a 2nd edition update?

I wanted to reply to guy with the Samedi homebrew and while writing it I had to interrupt it and thread hit hte limit so I'm posting it now.
* twilight sense should work just on ghostly ephemera
** the explanation with anchor is weird, why would ghost vanish after scene if the samedi is anchor?
**** talisman part is unexplained - how hard/expensive is to create/get such talisman? Full physical skills and attributes plus just bashing damage is really strong compared to zombies or similar creatures in other places in CoD.
boon is weird, why should nosferatu vampires handling death should be lively fellows? Also I feel that ignoring clan bane is quite major power which shouldn't be granted so easily.
Weakness is really weak, most it is hardly noticeable.

Thanks for the reply!
*Agreed on Twilight sense.
**About the familiar: I think that a constant companion is too strong for a low level discipline, so the vampire acts as a temporary anchor, after which the ghost returns to the Underworld or its other anchors.
**** Crafting the amulet is an extended wits+crafts roll requiring 10 success. I also think the zombies are too strong, so I'll give them a common statline.
They are lively despite their association with death because Baron Samedi is a funny guy in Vodoo tradition. But you're right, it should be toned down, and their bane should be more limiting. Any ideas about that?

Is it possible to cultivate/grow spirits for specific purposes? I've been throwing around the idea of using unwitting "hosts" to foster the growth of motes and try to create spirits from a pure, intentional emotion.

Motes of joy tend to evolve into spirits of excess and protection into violence or paranoia , but could you could control their growth and keep a spirit pure joy, courage, hope ect?

You'd have to feed it nothing but pure unashamed joy and glee to keep it pure, but yes you could.

So what's the general consensus on Promethean 2E? I'm about a third way through it and I'm pretty damn keen on it, having only had vague interactions with 1e(insomuch as I read what i needed in order to spoof prometheans for a hunter game). That said, the zi, zir shit is hard to read. Like...actually confusing. They and their works better, god dammit.

It's just that one page with the zie shit, and yeah it was difficult to read.

Overall looks aight, devastated by the lack of interesting qashmallim mechanics

Anytime they mention Combo they do it. Which so far has only been twice, granted. Let me guess, Qashmallim are just ephemeral beings with nothing special, like angels pre-Demon STG?

Even less interesting. Get generic numina, only take bashing damage and are in twilight but aren't ephemera. Two ranks; lesser and greater with an effective azoth of 3 or 6 and that's it

Wordcount strikes again. Hopefuly we get a book talking about them more in depth.

>word count limitations
>in a PDF
>where they reprint entire rule sections from the core book, including ephemeral entities that aren't even relevant to the splat in question

That makes no sense to me

I believe they're given a relatively hard limit on each section as to how long it can be, due to them getting payed based on how long the book is. But my understanding is vague, one of the actual devs who pop in occasionally could probably explain it in more depth.

The Principle is busted, user. It's quite obvious that it used to be something like the GM but something's gone wrong, and now its logic is screwed up, among other things. The only way to heal the Principle is to wake up Dark Mom

Priorities, man. You do get a specific word count for each section. I imagine they also pay freelancer based on volume of work so re-printing existing blocks could be cheaper.

This oversaturation of ultimate cosmic entities which are all supposedly stronger than all the others is what killed the OWoD. Let's not go there again.

DM, GM, and Principle are all the same level, except that it's possible the two computers are parts of a single entity of order that got split in half somehow. Every other cosmic entity is DM's babbu. No dick waving, just a hierarchy.

Yeah, except that Vampire fans would tell you that the Crone or Jesus or whatever was clearly the one stronger than all of them, and Werewolf fans would tell you that Father Wolf was greater than all of them, and Mage fans would tell you that the Exarchs are on a completely different league, and so on and on and on.

Vamp shit and Father wolf are bound to reality, same as the Gods

Dark Mother and God Machine are on the same level, but functionally omnipotent

Exarchs are above them

Principle is above them

The ST is above them all

I don't know, I'm primarily a WW fan and I'm totally fine with DM making the first big spirits, then Papa Wolf doing his thing. The Exarchs have nothing to do with her, but the dragons probably do, and the Crone may very well just BE Dark Momma.

Are we talking the new edition, or the last one?

2e. Chung is banned from Exalted forums now

>So apparently Edward Cullen isn't as faggy as Lestat.
No. You misunderstand. The problem with Edward isn't that he is unmanly. It's that he is shittily written.

>Apparently, Virtues and Vices are gone (or at least made more nebulous), and something akin to the old Nature and Demeanor returns in VtR (Called something like 'Dirges' and somesuch. I can't remember, it's been a while). Do Werewolves and Mages have something similar, or do they fall back on Virtue and Vice?
Mask and Dirge, yeah. Which is pretty much Nature and Demeanor. It works out pretty well.
Werewolves have something close to the Vampire stuff, Blood and Bone. They are meant to represent them in normal life, and on the hunt, respectively.
Mages are the most human of the supers, and thus retain Virtue and Vice.

Ah. Ok! Has 3rd ed been broken open yet?

And Prometheans have Elpis and Torment, which represent what they seek in humanity and what keeps them away from it

Changelings have something similar to the vampires in their playtest, but it's mentioned as being on the change-list.

YEah, but without perfect defences, not to the same retarded degree because there's always some other meme build that can counter your meme build

I mean, it's not like you have to use them in the same setting. And unless you want to actually focus on a war between the principal and the god machine or the dark mother and exarchs or something, they're usually kept quite insular.

Well it was mentioned there would be stuff like cults and rituals on people strapped onto altars. I think most of the magical origin stuff would likely lend itself to Dark Eras.

Compared to Beast it's certainly nice that it has some direction. One might argue too much of it
That said (and ignoring pronouns):
Transmutations are unbalanced and the calcifing part plus forgetting transmutation which you learned in one refinement and then not knowing it when in refinement which has same transmutation seems needlessly complicated and probably not very new player friendly.
Pandorans' system is written using rules for ephemeral entities with attributes x 3, which which would already make them really strong plus compared to ephemeral entities they actually have skills which puts single one into major badass territory. And they are supposed to operate in packs...
Otherwise ok I guess.

Plus Phosphorum because ... reasons.

Except there is no reason to think there even really is DM.

>Transmutations are unbalanced

>The character channels the fire’s energy and takes it into her internal forge. She may automatically succeed (with the equivalent of one success) in a number of actions equal to the successes rolled on the power’s activation.

"I use Divine Guidance and jump to the moon"
*automatic success*